IndiaDivine.org

Datta-sai

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Srinivasan Avargale, Please visit parasparadevobhava.blogspot.com for our service activities. We perform service activities like Poor feeding, conducting free medical camps and helping poor children with clothes and books and also special programs for Blind,handicapped children. We also perform Annadanam and other spiritual-charitable services too. As of now we do not have any program for animals. I too am a lover of annimals and have done volunteer service for People for Animals(Maneka Gandhi) and used to feed stray dogs, cats and crows in India. Also, you may want to see siddhasiddhantham.blogspot.com for my articles on Datta-group. Regarding your question, Shirdi Sai Baba is an Avadhutha And all Avadhuthas are amsas of Lord Dattatreya who is considred both an avadhutha Himself and a patron deity of the Avadhutha. I have enumerated 15 points of connection between Lord Sai Baba and Lord Dattatreya. 1. In the Noon and Sandhya Harathis of Lord Sainath we sing as follows... "Jaya

Deva!Jaya Deva !! Datta Avadhutha...Sai Avadhuta" "Aisa Yei Ba,Sai Digambara ....Anasuyathri Kumara" and also in the "Sri Guru Prasada Yachana Dasakam " "Na Datta Guru Saima Majawari Kadhihi Ruso"(means my Datta Guru,my Mother Sai,never be annoyed with me). In the above,we offer Harathi considering Sai and Datta as one. 2.We know Baba had redeemed devotees from their vows to Lord Dattatreya. For example, one of the two Goa gentlemen,took a vow to God Datta that if he got job he would offer Him,his first month salary.He had forgotten the vow till Baba reminded him of it.One Shinde of Harda prayed to Datta in the year 1903 for a son.He was blessed with a son but had totally forgotten the vow.When the couple went to Shirdi,Baba asked "Are you proud of your son?It was as the result of your prayer to Datta at Ganugapur,I tore up this body and gave you a son.There is no male progeny in your destiny." These incidents confirm that Sai is Datta. 3.Baba appeared in the dream of Manikwala of Ahmedabad and said "I'm not a fakir,I'm Lord Dattatreya Himself.Datta is carrying on His duties ie., Divine Administration in the form of Saints --- Tajuddin Baba of Nagpur,Dhuniwala, Vasudevananda Saraswathi,Swamy Samarth of Akkalkot and Myself." Why doubt when Baba Himself declared as Datta as above. 4.On Dattatreya Jayanthi day of the year 1911,one Mr Balwant Khojakar saw three faced infant in place of Sainath in Dwarakamai of Shirdi. 5.Living on alms is a nature akin to

Datta Sampradaya's Bhikshuka Sampradaya. We know Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Swamy of Ganugapur used to go to Bhiksha everyday at 12 noon.Even now people of Ganugapur believe that Swamy will collect Bhiksha from devotees.We know Baba used to beg his food from selected houses,though rich and delicious food was at His command. 6.Religious tolerance is practised in Datta cult.People of other cult worship Datta as 'Shaw Fakir'. In Sri Sai Harathi we sing "Bheda na tattvi Hindu --- Yavanancha Kahi " (meaning you have not distinguished between Hindus and Muslims). Baba has several Muslim followers also) 7.Paduka worship is

known from time immemorial. In Datta tradition it is a must.The temple at Ganagapur is called "Sri Dattatreya Nirguna Padukalaya". Shirdi Sai Baba got sacred Padukas installed in Gurusthan of Shirdi.While blessing the Padukas,Baba said "These are the Feet of the Lord". 8.In all Dattatreya photos we observe four dogs aroung His Feet.People say they represent four vedas.May be they indicate faithfulness. We know the importance given by Baba to a dog.When Laxmi Bai brought rotis to a very hungry Sai,He throw them to a dog.He advised BalaGanapathi Shinde to feed a black dog in Maha Laxmi Mandir for getting rid of Malaria fever.Also, Baba used to feed dogs whenever he used to partake food. 9.Baba advised Khushabhav to go to Ganugapur and do 108 parayans of Sacred

Gurucharitra stating that the "Lordhere will be pleased and remove your sins".This confirms that the presiding deities of Ganugapur and Shirdi are one and the same.Otherwise He would have instructed to do parayana at Shirdi only. 10.Datta is considered and worshipped as Guru's Guru.His continued presence is felt by one and all.We say "Jay Guru Deva Datta"(which is the correct form unlike the popular version of "Jai Guru Datta").Sai stressed the importance of Guru on many an occasion.He advises us to have a Guru who can lead us safely to the destination protecting us from wolves and tigers. 11.Datta is "Smarana Matra Santhushta" (mere remembrance pleases Him). Sainath also declared "Leave off all your cleverness and always remember Sai,Sai, I will be present there atonce.". 12. Datta is worshipped as one who wards off Mahabhaya ( Mahabhaya means the "greatest fear" and here it refers to the "greatest fear of samsaara not just some great fear). Did not Sai assure "Why Fear When I Am Here?"(He did not mean just smalltime fears but also referrred to the "Greatest fear") So, even SaiBaba can be considered as Maha-Bhaya-Nivarana Guru. 13. He used to keep a dhuni and a chimta(to stoke the fire) which is symbolic of an Avadhutha and if you go to Girinaar you will find many Datta-yogis maintaining a dhuni. Dhuni serves many purposes. It serves as a TV for the yogi to see many worlds at a time.keeps him warm,burns his devotees sins, the ash is used as Mahaprasadam,etc. 14. Guru-Marga was heavily emphaises over mantras as in Datta-sampradaya though Datta has lot of Mantras. 15.Datta is worshipped as bestower of Bhukthi and Mukthi (Food and Salvation) pradata.Though Baba as an Avadhuta did not need to involve in wordly affairs,yet He declared "I give what they want so that they begin to want what I " And other assurances like " There won't be any lacunae in the house of my true devotee for wealth" Thus Baba by sanctioning of wordly demands encouraged us to travel on spiritual path.Thus one has to satisfy all the above call oneself as an Avathar of Datta or Sai before accepting worship by devotees . Of late we observe Sadhakas photos are kept on par with Sai and Datta. Hope this answers your query. Jaya Gurudeva Datta! Jaya Gurudeva Sayee! Shreeram Balijepalli Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , "sreenivasanrama" <sreenivasanrama wrote:>> Dear Sri Balijepalli> I wanted to know of the social causes that are taken up by this group. > How are Shirdi Baba and Guru Datta related? I am an admirer of Shirdi > Baba and am now also getting into Guru Datta.As per your advice, I am > chanting hari on tat sat jai guru datta 108 times.> I would like to send some contributions to a well organised charity in > India for feeding hungry people and my daughter would like to do > somethign to take care of animals.Please give us more information at > your conveniance.thank you> regards> a well

wisher

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q&A for great tips from Answers users.

Dear Sir Thank you so much for the detailed information.My sis in law read guru charitre bef her delivery-she had a difficult delivery and had lost a previous baby.Due to Guru datta's grace,she got a healthy boy. My cousin visits Shirdi every year.So I was interested in knowing both.I hope I will be able to visit Gujerat and Shirdi someday. Meanwhile,I will pray from here. I will visit the site and send a check . I am so happy to know you are a lover of animals too.We should see if people can contribute in Guru's name to such causes as cupa ,animal rahat etc so animals also will get relief . Thank you so much for your email.I feel so happy lookig at Baba's pix regards ramaaGroup Owner <para_anuloma wrote: Dear Srinivasan Avargale, Please visit parasparadevobhava.blogspot.com for our service activities. We perform service activities like Poor feeding, conducting free medical camps and helping poor children with clothes and books and also special programs for Blind,handicapped

children. We also perform Annadanam and other spiritual-charitable services too. As of now we do not have any program for animals. I too am a lover of annimals and have done volunteer service for People for Animals(Maneka Gandhi) and used to feed stray dogs, cats and crows in India. Also, you may want to see siddhasiddhantham.blogspot.com for my articles on Datta-group. Regarding your question, Shirdi Sai Baba is an Avadhutha And all Avadhuthas are amsas of Lord Dattatreya who is considred both an avadhutha Himself and a patron deity of the Avadhutha. I have enumerated 15 points of connection between Lord Sai Baba and Lord Dattatreya. 1. In the Noon and Sandhya Harathis of Lord Sainath we sing as follows... "Jaya Deva!Jaya Deva !! Datta Avadhutha...Sai Avadhuta" "Aisa Yei Ba,Sai Digambara ....Anasuyathri Kumara" and also in the "Sri Guru Prasada Yachana Dasakam " "Na Datta Guru Saima Majawari Kadhihi Ruso"(means my Datta Guru,my Mother Sai,never be annoyed with me). In the above,we offer Harathi considering Sai and Datta as one. 2.We

know Baba had redeemed devotees from their vows to Lord Dattatreya. For example, one of the two Goa gentlemen,took a vow to God Datta that if he got job he would offer Him,his first month salary.He had forgotten the vow till Baba reminded him of it.One Shinde of Harda prayed to Datta in the year 1903 for a son.He was blessed with a son but had totally forgotten the vow.When the couple went to Shirdi,Baba asked "Are you proud of your son?It was as the result of your prayer to Datta at Ganugapur,I tore up this body and gave you a son.There is no male progeny in your destiny." These incidents confirm that Sai is Datta. 3.Baba appeared in the dream of Manikwala of Ahmedabad and said "I'm not a fakir,I'm Lord Dattatreya Himself.Datta is carrying on His duties ie., Divine Administration in the form of Saints --- Tajuddin Baba of Nagpur,Dhuniwala, Vasudevananda Saraswathi,Swamy Samarth of Akkalkot and Myself." Why doubt when Baba Himself declared as Datta as above. 4.On Dattatreya Jayanthi day of the year 1911,one Mr Balwant Khojakar saw three faced infant in place of Sainath in Dwarakamai of Shirdi. 5.Living on alms is a nature akin to Datta Sampradaya's Bhikshuka Sampradaya. We know Sri Narasimha Saraswathi Swamy of Ganugapur used to go to Bhiksha everyday at 12 noon.Even now people of Ganugapur believe that Swamy will collect Bhiksha from devotees.We know Baba used to beg his food from selected houses,though rich and delicious food was at His command. 6.Religious tolerance is practised in Datta

cult.People of other cult worship Datta as 'Shaw Fakir'. In Sri Sai Harathi we sing "Bheda na tattvi Hindu --- Yavanancha Kahi " (meaning you have not distinguished between Hindus and Muslims). Baba has several Muslim followers also) 7.Paduka worship is known from time immemorial. In Datta tradition it is a must.The temple at Ganagapur is called "Sri Dattatreya Nirguna Padukalaya". Shirdi Sai Baba got sacred Padukas installed in Gurusthan of Shirdi.While blessing the Padukas,Baba said "These are the Feet of the Lord". 8.In all Dattatreya photos we observe four dogs aroung His Feet.People say they represent four vedas.May be they indicate faithfulness. We know the importance given by Baba to a dog.When Laxmi Bai brought rotis to a very hungry Sai,He throw them to a

dog.He advised BalaGanapathi Shinde to feed a black dog in Maha Laxmi Mandir for getting rid of Malaria fever.Also, Baba used to feed dogs whenever he used to partake food. 9.Baba advised Khushabhav to go to Ganugapur and do 108 parayans of Sacred Gurucharitra stating that the "Lordhere will be pleased and remove your sins".This confirms that the presiding deities of Ganugapur and Shirdi are one and the same.Otherwise He would have instructed to do parayana at Shirdi only. 10.Datta is considered and worshipped as Guru's Guru.His continued presence is felt by one and all.We say "Jay Guru Deva Datta"(which is the correct form unlike the popular version of "Jai Guru Datta").Sai stressed the importance of Guru on many an occasion.He advises us to have a Guru who can lead us safely to the destination protecting us from wolves and

tigers. 11.Datta is "Smarana Matra Santhushta" (mere remembrance pleases Him). Sainath also declared "Leave off all your cleverness and always remember Sai,Sai, I will be present there atonce.". 12. Datta is worshipped as one who wards off Mahabhaya ( Mahabhaya means the "greatest fear" and here it refers to the "greatest fear of samsaara not just some great fear). Did not Sai assure "Why Fear When I Am Here?"(He did not mean just smalltime fears but also referrred to the "Greatest fear") So, even SaiBaba can be considered as Maha-Bhaya-Nivarana Guru. 13. He used to keep a dhuni and a chimta(to stoke the fire) which is symbolic of an

Avadhutha and if you go to Girinaar you will find many Datta-yogis maintaining a dhuni. Dhuni serves many purposes. It serves as a TV for the yogi to see many worlds at a time.keeps him warm,burns his devotees sins, the ash is used as Mahaprasadam,etc. 14. Guru-Marga was heavily emphaises over mantras as in Datta-sampradaya though Datta has lot of Mantras. 15.Datta is worshipped

as bestower of Bhukthi and Mukthi (Food and Salvation) pradata.Though Baba as an Avadhuta did not need to involve in wordly affairs,yet He declared "I give what they want so that they begin to want what I " And other assurances like " There won't be any lacunae in the house of my true devotee for wealth" Thus Baba by sanctioning of wordly demands encouraged us to travel on spiritual path.Thus one has to satisfy all the above call oneself as an Avathar of Datta or Sai before accepting worship by devotees . Of late we observe Sadhakas photos are kept on par with Sai and Datta. Hope this answers your

query. Jaya Gurudeva Datta! Jaya Gurudeva Sayee! Shreeram Balijepalli Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , "sreenivasanrama" <sreenivasanrama wrote:>> Dear Sri Balijepalli> I wanted to know of the social causes that are taken up by this group. > How are Shirdi Baba and Guru Datta related? I am an admirer of Shirdi > Baba and am now also getting into Guru Datta.As per your advice, I am > chanting hari on tat sat jai guru datta 108 times.> I

would like to send some contributions to a well organised charity in > India for feeding hungry people and my daughter would like to do > somethign to take care of animals.Please give us more information at > your conveniance.thank you> regards> a well wisher Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam... Click to

join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru Need Mail bonding?Go to the Mail Q & A for great tips from Answers users.

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.