IndiaDivine.org

One experience with Amba

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Surender, I normally don't reveal much my experiences with Amba for they are just cherished by me inside my heart. That is all the "sotthu", I have. I did receive Ambigai Maami's Blessings and Pooran Poli. Both were blissful! Hehe! You were asking how Iam capable of talking very fluent and even chaste Tamil and yet my Telugu Accent is not affected by my Tamil. Let me tell you the secret: It is Ambigai Mami's Pooran Polis! On a serious note,my mother comes from TamilNadu and my father from Andhra and I was raised and brought up in both Andhra and Tamilnadu. Thus, my ability. In your words, Iam at home with Tamil Shaiva siddha texts and Andhra Veerashaivam texts.My syrupy hands(smeared with the remnants of Ambigai Maami's Kozhukattais) do tend to type:a home with Tamil Kozhukattais and Andhra Bobbatlus. Hehe

Answering your next query: Yes Macchi! I do listen to Tamil and Telugu film songs too.But my genre is melody and lyrics. I dont see any problem with that. Comeon, Surendar, Iam still your Chennai Nanba, I still am young like you going to College here. I dont put airs of a swami or Guruji. I just lead a simple life here. some posts and praises dont make me "anything higher".

The song which Iam hearing these days much is Ar Rehman's "Ragasiyamaanadhu Kaadhal"--in Kodambakkam film. I tried the tune in my friend's guitar here.(with some limited success, I should admit)

--------

Ok, now from gastronomy and music to spirituality... -------- Ok, now from gastronomy to spirituality... Yes Sahodarane! I shall reveal one experience I had. In Chennai, when the heat was unbearable, I used to close all the curtains of my room. My room has a frenchwindow and curtains and so I closed the french window also. Then switched of the lights and remained in the dark, sometimes

meditating,sometimes sleeping,sometimes singing some songs,sometimes playing my guitar in the dark(I know thats creepy!) One day, I just started singing Bharathiyar song in the ides of March.(I loved the one rendering by Bombay Jayashree in "Atma'') Suttum Vizhi chudar Taan Kannama!!, Iwas trying the tune with a guitar but the guitar was giving me rather strange notes that day(Or is it the bad toolsman complaining about his tools?) So vexed, I placed the guitar on to the wall and then sang it.... The lyrics of the ecstatic poem go thus below......(You can hear this song even in the movie Kandukondein kandukondein sung by Hariharan very blissfully,unfoirtunately, I could not take the picturization of such a heartfelt song of Bharathiyar with Abbas as the Knight in Shining armour trying to woo Aishwarya Rai--It was so stupid for such a divine song.I made two small changes for the song in the end(try to find out what!!hehe) to fit the song better for my Ammaye! Rajarajeshwari!(I give a clue here) (Mahakavi Bharathi) Suttum vizhi chudar dhaan - kaNNammaaSooriya chandiraroVatta kariya vizhi - kaNNammaaVaanak karumai koLLo Pattu karuneela - pudavai Padhitha nalvayiram Natta nadunisiyil - theriyum NatshathirangaLadiSolai malar oLiyo - unadhu Sundharapunnagai dhaanNeela kadalalaye - unadhu Nenjin alaigaLadi Kolak kuyil oasai - unadhu Kuralin inimayadiVaalai kumariyadi - kaNNammaa Maruvak kaadhal koNdaenSaathiram pesugiraai - kaNNammaa Saathiram yedhukkadiAathiram kondavarke - kaNNammaa Saathiram undoadiMoothavar sammadhiyil - Ammayayai Poosaigal pinbu seivomKaathiruppenoadi

- idhu paar Madiyinil endhi kondaal! Iam translating the song into English, I know this is like pouring Mizhagai into Ambigai Maamis' Kokhukattai and spoil it. Your gaze has the brightness of the sun and moonYour eyes reflect the darkness of the skies The diamonds on your dark silk saree,show me the stars in broad daylight. Your smile is the bloom of the garden,Your heart, the waves of the sea,Your voice , sweet like the koel'sMy love longs for union, Kannamma You talk of Rules, KannammaWhat rules do

paramours follow? Elders , marriage and rituals can wait,Can I ? Come now,(I changed it here as Elders,Rituals and pooja can wait...can I come to you now?...Poosaigal Pinbu seivom!) Kannatthu muttham ondru!Let me kiss you on your cheeks. (I changed this to "Fall in your lap like a baby"--Madiyinil Yeandhi Kondal) ------------ Ok, now when I was singing this song I was obviously thinking of "Ennai Eendru Eduthha Ammaiy Sree Rajarajeshwari Devi". I said in the beginning, "Amma, if the guitar refuses to strum for you, I will sing the song, let my vocal

chords be the guitar for you.Please bear with this Apa-shruthi" I had an ectstaic vision of Her during the song as I was singing it. I was thrown up the galaxy and began to see real stars and galaxies!! I do not know how to describe the experience. I was crying and laughing at the same time. I was then shown some oceans which I had never seen in the etheric and cosmic worlds, then I saw Her divine hands directing me to the world back. I saw a Shoola shooting to my house and back was I into the darkness of my room. I did not know whether I was hallucinating or whether it was real or whether my etheric shareera was taken to such divine realms but even if it was a dream....Surendraaaa what a dream it was!!! I pinched myself many times to check whether I was sleeping or dreaming..... It was really surreal and out of the world...... Million times more sweet than Ambigai Maamis' Kozhukattai!! Please dont reveal this to Maami, She will cut my supply of her kozhukattais here in Rochester!....Haha Your Nanba!!! Shreeram Balijepalli

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.

Dear Kumar Avargale, Thankyou very much for your kind words. Your praise for me was rather lavish. I have cut most portion and just pasted the edited version of your email below this posting as most of the matter is deviant to the main forum discussion. I do not mind digressing a bit ocassionally to sustain the group members interest more. I like one more song very dearly. It is from the film Guna---"Paartha Vizhi Paarthabadi Poorthu Urikkaaa..." Kamal Hassan's acting in the film was very exceptional. Unfortunately, He is an atheist, with such emotions(even if it was for acting or plain emoting), he would have become a real devotee of Abhiraami. Yes, I do have an experience with Goddess Abhiraami also.And that ws in Sholingur near Chennai. I had committed to my memory many verses of Abhiraami Andhaadhi by Abhiraami Bhattar and while singing it had an experience. The

particular song which Yesudas sings in that film in the scene where Kamal sees the Heroine(wish it were done for a divine theme or for pure love). (Ilayaraja with His daughter Bhavadharini submitting Diamond Palms to Godess Mookambika of Kollur) I should say Ilayaraja is my favourite Music director for three reasons 1. His music 2. His devotion to Mookambika 3. His

blessings from Pollachi Siddha(not many know that his musical ability is due to this siddha). Let me take this opportunity to type something on Abhirami Ambal instead of 'vetti cinema pecchu"!!(Though I believe that Cinema is a powerful medium to reach masses) Abhirami is the Goddess of Thirukadayur near Mayiladuthurai town of Tamil Nadu. The Lord Shiva who presides over the temple is called Amritha Gateswarar. It is believed that while transporting the Nectar (Amritha) which they got by churning the ocean of milk, the Devas kept a pot of Amritha in Thirukadayur. This pot became one with the land and became the siva linga. It is also believed that it is at this temple that the Sage Markandeya prayed Lord Shiva and could avoid death forever. Abhirami means “She who is attractive every moment of time”. This goddess is believed to be extremely powerful and fulfills the wishes of all her devotees. One of her great devotees of the past was Abhirama Bhattar. He was so much her devotee that he never used to think of any other thing except her. This made him look like a mad man. People even suspected him of practicing evil rites.(Amma please give me such a devotion, make me mad amma!...I Beseech you from here in Rochester.May the loka spit on me! but may I remain steadfastly holding to your feet) One day Raja Sharabhoji, the Mahratta king who was ruling over Tanjore visited the temple. The Archakas told him about Abhirama Bhattar. The king while returning to the palace casually asked Abhirama Bhattar the Thithi. Abhirama Bhattar who was at the time seeing the Goddess in his reverie, answered that it was Pournami (Full moon). Raja went his way. But actually the day was Amavasya (New moon). Bhattar realized his mistake soon and felt extremely sorry. The King went angry and ordered to burn him alive if his words (i.e., Full Moon Day) were to fail.. Abirami Bhattar said to Divine Mother" I made this mistake only because of you as I was immersed in your thoughts." But the King was in no mood to relent,he set up 100 rope hangings and hung in them. Below he created a huge fire.

Abhiraami Bhattar prayed Goddess Abhirami to prove that he is right. This he did by singing 100 stanzas in praise of Abhirami. As soon as one stanza was completed one rope was cut. He also composed the stanzas in such a way that the first word of a stanza was the last word of previous stanza (this style of poem is called Anthadhi meaning end-start).It is believed that when he completed the 79th stanza, the Goddess appeared before him and reassured him that she will do the needful. Guna Film song is the one verse after and a few verses in the vicinity apart from the 79th verse which gave Darshan to Abhiraamibefore and this verse when Kamal has a "vision" of His "Abhiraami"(funny to quote Kamal here). The song had been soulfully rendered by Yesudas in Ragamaalika Ragam (Adi/ khantam). Most of the Ilayaraja songs have a chorus hum mixed with the

interlude. While listening to the song , most of the time, it's so subtle and sync's well with the tune ,that you fail to notice.Also,the other is merging the voice with the music. He does it so well that you again fail to notice the difference between the instrument and the vocal rendering at places and you must have a keen ear to hear the nuances of Ilayaraja here Kumar Avargale! He intersperes the verses of Abhiraami Andhaadhi with Kerala style melam and Ragamaalika Raagam in Aadi Thaalam and Khantham.One more speciality of Abirami Andhathi is, there is no starting and ending. The first verse starts with "udhikkindra sengathir utchi thilagam...." and the 100th verse ending with " ...... udhikindravE". Bhairavi, Panchami, Pasangusa,Panchabani, Kali, Mandali, Malini, Sooli, Varahi,Chandi who takes the life of bad

ones,And greatly glittering Vairavi,All these names the four Vedas,Tell thine devotees to chant. 78Chant they that thine breasts are like,The ivory box and like the golden pot, Applied with perfumed sandal paste,Oh Abhirama Valli.Thine necklace of pearl, ear studs of diamond,Merciful eyes, coral mouth and pearl white teeth,I have written,Are the only companions for my dying eyes.79Eyes of Abhiramavalli has divine grace,And I have the mind,That worships her as the Vedas tell.When that royal path I have,Why should I only now sin,And fall in the hell forever,By the bad peoples company. She took her Thadanga (a diamond ornament) and threw it in the sky where it stood! This was so

sparkling that it appeared like a full moon. The Goddess also ordered Abhirama Bhattar to complete his poem. He continued and ended with 100 stanzas. Raja Sharabhoji realized how great Abhirama Bhattar was and honoured him. Each stanza of the poem Abhirami Andhathi is a gem of poetry in itself. The language is not the spoken Tamil and this was further complicated by the fact that the first word of the next stanza should be the last word of the previous stanza. Andhaadhi is the corruption of the sanskrit word "Anthaaadi"(Antha=end and then Aaadi= Beginning) You might have by now guessed the symbolism in the film which flopped due an immature audience. The madman(Abhiraami Bhattar),Abhiraami, Pournaami....All symbols lifted by the movie director Santhana Bharathi from Abhiraami Bhattar life. The story also owes the

main thread of obsession towards the Goddess to the story of Abhirama Bhattar, who wrote Abhirami Anthathi. In a beautiful sequence, Rohini and Guna playfully pretend to be bees and buzz around in air (ending with the bees "kissing" each other), and Abhirami asks Guna to tie the Thaali, Guna says they have to wait till Pournami. But, she says "Nila aagasuthalaiya irukku? manasula irukku. Manasu thaan nila. Neranja naal!..".(Is the full moon in the sky? It is in our minds/hearts, our heart/minds is the pournami) Apart from serving as a point for the culmination of their love., it also directly refers to the mythology itself. In the story of Abhirama Bhattar where as I mentioned, Goddess Abhirami turns an Amavasai into a Pournami by throwing her ear-ring into the sky. Guna

recollects the mythological incident(not noticed by the immature audience again) and says "aamaam! Abhirami sonna Pournami thaan!".(Yes If Abhiraami tells it is Pournami, it is Pournami...referring to Godess Abhiraami).Pity the film had some few unnecessary Masala-action touches too which were aberrent to the main theme of "AbhirAmi Kadhal". If I were the director of the film, I would used Kamal's acting for portraying AbhirAmi Bhattar Himself. kuzhaiyaith thazhuviya konRaiyanN thaar kamazh

konkaivallikazhaiyaip porutha thirunNedunN thOLum, karuppu villumvizhaiyap poru thiRal vEriyam paaNamum veN nNakaiyumuzhaiyaip porukaNNum nenchil eppOthum udhikkinRavE One, whose breasts divine,Are Fondled by the Lord of Kailasa,Who wears the Garland of iris,Emits great perfumes divine.One who has shoulders like bamboo,One who has the bow made of sugarcane,One who has arrows made of flowers,One has pearly white teeth,One who has doe like eyes,You never leave my mind forever. (The last verse of AbhirAmi Andhadhi) Manithan Unarndhukolla Idhu Manida Kaadhal Allaaa... Adhayum Thaandi Punidhamaanadhu! (This Love-Divine is not understood by Humans it is beyond their comprehension...This too was said by AbhirAmi Bhattar when He was accosted by people for His madness and this too was adopted in the film as a dialogue by Kamal Hassan) It is just a few days from Pournami but Iam still typing this post for your prompt reply...En Annai Rajarajeshwarikkku Niththamum Pournami. Enna naan solvadhu sarithaane? Ungal Nanban Shreeram Balijepalli ----------------------- Kumaravadivelan wrote: Dear Shreeram Group Owner, Thalaiva! I have never seen such an article in my lifetime posted anywhere.I just joined recently your two groups and you are a pokisham to both Tamilnadu and Andhra. Iam proud of you being a Chennaite. Your posting on the Bharathiyar song was really a pleasure to read. I too have a musical bent of mind.You are really a marvellous person! I would like to meet you. Please tell me what other film songs inspired you in a divine fashion and which Tamil music director you like the most? In admiration, Kumar. -----------------

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Food fight? Enjoy some healthy debatein the Answers Food Drink Q&A.