IndiaDivine.org

Query Reg Lunar Eclipse - Datta Mantra Anushtaanam(see replies)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , "Sainath J.O." <srisainath wrote:>> Dear Shreeraam Annaya & Other Learned members,> > I have some queries, Please help your brother (myself) with the answers,> waiting for the replies as just 1 week is left....> > 1) When is the Chandra Grahanam happening in Secunderabad, what are timings> ? what is the importance of this happening on Holi

A total lunar eclipse will occur early on March 4 and would be visible all over India.

The Moon's eclipse would begin from 3 am and enter totality from 4.14 am with the `greatest eclipse' being at around 4.50 am, Director (Research and Academics) of M P Birla Planetarium D. P. Duari said today.

The total eclipse would end by 5.27 am and the Moon would emerge around 7.53 am.

The celestial phenomenon will be visible from the Arctic, Asia, except the eastern part, Europe, including British Isles, Africa, South America and eastern parts of the region, South America and eastern parts of Central and North America.

Moon is known for its coolness and beauty , hence its Sadhana can bestow upon a Sadhak beauty, material pleasures and all joys of a family life. Hence the time of a lunar eclipse is very auspicious in this respect for by accomplishing Sadhana during this period one gets linked subtly to this heavenly body and thus by imbibing the rays of the moon one could achieve amazing level of success in life.

One becomes free of all one's problems, tensions and worries by accomplishing Sadhana during a lunar eclipse. The right time is most important in life and by making proper use of these moments one can throw open the doors to success in one's life.

Every person should try to make the best use of these moments by engaging himself in Mantra chanting, Sadhana and worship because there can be no better time than this for riddance from problems of life. The reason for this is that any Sadhana done in this period is a hundred times more effective than one done ordinarily. Chanting a Mantra just once during a lunar eclipse proves as powerful as chanting the same Mantra a hundred times in ordinary conditions.

Great Tantriks and Yogis remain waiting for such moments for they are well aware of their significance. On the other hand the common man being unaware of this significance wastes these moments. The common family man has more problems and worries in his life due to which he remains ever worried. If only he knew, he could make use of these moments and solve all problems of life. Simply put an eclipse is a boon for the common man.

Holi Day can be used to burn evil within you by a sadhana.

> > 2) I read that doing mantra jaapa during Eclipse will give good results is> this true with Datta Mantras i mean "Dattatreya Vajra Kacham" & "Dattatreya> Uttara Maala Maha Mantram". Can i do these mantra Japam during this Eclipse.> Is there any count limit for the mantra japam, can we do less than 108, may> be 54 / 27

No count...

> > 3) I read that Holi is "Krura Rathri" & is good for Bad Mantrikas doing> Abhichara Rituals - Bad things, Can we accomplish good Sadhanas also on this> night. But i also read people do Homas during eclipses.....so i am confused> can i do Dattatreya Mantra japam for Health/Well being of our Family members

Do not bother about Bad Tantricks any day is good for any shubha japam

> > 4) Since Chanda Maama is brother of Datta Prabhu is it OK, if we does Mantra> Jaapa during HIS brothers Eclipse, had one doubt since Datta Prabhu is also> Lord Sadaa Shivaa & kaala hasthi temple being open in eclipse timings i> guess we can do the japa....is this true ???

Yes you may do so.> > 5) During Eclipse timings we dont eat food, but while doing Mantraanushtaana> we offer Lamityaadi..panchopachaara pooja...naivedya etc to Lord can we do> this in eclipse timings, Can we light a Deepam during eclipse in front of> Lord for that matter during grahana kaalam ???

Yes, this is not MAILA KALAM JUST GRAHANA KAALAM

> > 6) After grahanam we have a bath....Is it OK if after doing Japa in eclipse> time we have a bath & go to Mothers Temple...i regularly go Maaramma (Mother> of Kaali) Temple near our house...OR having bath will nullify the japa> results..

No it will not nullify. You can just sit in a room and do japa and then take bath....you have to take bath twice--once before the grahanam and then after the grahanam....this is the original practice..> > 7) Are there any other details OR precautions which we need to know while> doing mantra japa during Eclipse Timings...

Nothing, except that be seated in a room with no access to the sky.

> > Sir i know there are many silent learned members (including shreeraam> Annaya, Subramanyam annaya, Neurologist Dr. Prasad sir) who can answer this> questions. Please do replly to this queries. And also most members have> access to Great Teachers like "GuruNaatha of Shreeram annaya" / "Vishwa Guru> Vishamji Maharaj" / "Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachidananda Swami" / "Pitaapura> Peetam" may be we can ask them for clarifications....(May be if i have> access then i would be more than pleased to ask the GuruDevas )...> > Please do reply sir. My sankalpam is to do "Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham"> followed by "Dattatreya Uttara Maala Maha Mantram" during this Eclipse for> well being of my Family Members. Please do reply....> > Thanks,> - Sainath J.O.>

Dear Shreeram Annaya,

Chala Thnx annaya for the information. i will continue the sadhana...

Today i had good fortune of talking to a most aged (born in 1932) Datta Upasaka

Sri Sri G.V.L.N.Vidya Sagara Sharma...author of many books on Datta Prabhu..

including " Sri Dattatreya Sarvasvamu " , " Sri Datta Mantra Sudaarnavamu " ...

Subramanyam annaya also met Him personally....earlier

He also endorsed same views as you suggested.

And also He asked whether i had a Guru i said no then he told a procedure,

where by we can continue to perform Mantra Japam accepting Datta Prabhu himself as Guru

and suggested tommorow being " Guru Pushya " i continue that tomorrowHe also told to perform Homa....and also suggested a book which prescribes to do it properly...

It was really Great Punya to talk to such an elderly Datta Upasaka & take his blessings....

Dear Brothers tomorrow is Guru Pushya ...an oppurtunity to get the grace of Sri Datta Prabhu

Thanks,

- Thammudu

On 2/28/07, para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , " Sainath J.O. " <srisainath wrote:>> Dear Shreeraam Annaya & Other Learned members,

> > I have some queries, Please help your brother (myself) with the answers,> waiting for the replies as just 1 week is left....> > 1) When is the Chandra Grahanam happening in Secunderabad, what are timings

> ? what is the importance of this happening on Holi

A total lunar eclipse will occur early on March 4 and would be visible all over India.

The Moon's eclipse would begin from 3 am and enter totality from 4.14 am with the `greatest eclipse' being at around 4.50 am, Director (Research and Academics) of M P Birla Planetarium D. P. Duari said today.

The total eclipse would end by 5.27 am and the Moon would emerge around 7.53 am.

The celestial phenomenon will be visible from the Arctic, Asia, except the eastern part, Europe, including British Isles, Africa, South America and eastern parts of the region, South America and eastern parts of Central and North America.

Moon is known for its coolness and beauty , hence its Sadhana can bestow upon a Sadhak beauty, material pleasures and all joys of a family life. Hence the time of a lunar eclipse is very auspicious in this respect for by accomplishing Sadhana during this period one gets linked subtly to this heavenly body and thus by imbibing the rays of the moon one could achieve amazing level of success in life.

One becomes free of all one's problems, tensions and worries by accomplishing Sadhana during a lunar eclipse. The right time is most important in life and by making proper use of these moments one can throw open the doors to success in one's life.

Every person should try to make the best use of these moments by engaging himself in Mantra chanting, Sadhana and worship because there can be no better time than this for riddance from problems of life. The reason for this is that any Sadhana done in this period is a hundred times more effective than one done ordinarily. Chanting a Mantra just once during a lunar eclipse proves as powerful as chanting the same Mantra a hundred times in ordinary conditions.

Great Tantriks and Yogis remain waiting for such moments for they are well aware of their significance. On the other hand the common man being unaware of this significance wastes these moments. The common family man has more problems and worries in his life due to which he remains ever worried. If only he knew, he could make use of these moments and solve all problems of life. Simply put an eclipse is a boon for the common man.

Holi Day can be used to burn evil within you by a sadhana.

> > 2) I read that doing mantra jaapa during Eclipse will give good results is> this true with Datta Mantras i mean " Dattatreya Vajra Kacham " & " Dattatreya> Uttara Maala Maha Mantram " . Can i do these mantra Japam during this Eclipse.

> Is there any count limit for the mantra japam, can we do less than 108, may> be 54 / 27

No count...

> > 3) I read that Holi is " Krura Rathri " & is good for Bad Mantrikas doing> Abhichara Rituals - Bad things, Can we accomplish good Sadhanas also on this> night. But i also read people do Homas during eclipses.....so i am confused

> can i do Dattatreya Mantra japam for Health/Well being of our Family members

Do not bother about Bad Tantricks any day is good for any shubha japam

> > 4) Since Chanda Maama is brother of Datta Prabhu is it OK, if we does Mantra> Jaapa during HIS brothers Eclipse, had one doubt since Datta Prabhu is also> Lord Sadaa Shivaa & kaala hasthi temple being open in eclipse timings i

> guess we can do the japa....is this true ???

Yes you may do so.> > 5) During Eclipse timings we dont eat food, but while doing Mantraanushtaana> we offer Lamityaadi..panchopachaara pooja...naivedya etc to Lord can we do

> this in eclipse timings, Can we light a Deepam during eclipse in front of> Lord for that matter during grahana kaalam ???

Yes, this is not MAILA KALAM JUST GRAHANA KAALAM

> > 6) After grahanam we have a bath....Is it OK if after doing Japa in eclipse> time we have a bath & go to Mothers Temple...i regularly go Maaramma (Mother> of Kaali) Temple near our house...OR having bath will nullify the japa

> results..

No it will not nullify. You can just sit in a room and do japa and then take bath....you have to take bath twice--once before the grahanam and then after the grahanam....this is the original practice..

> > 7) Are there any other details OR precautions which we need to know while> doing mantra japa during Eclipse Timings...

Nothing, except that be seated in a room with no access to the sky.

> > Sir i know there are many silent learned members (including shreeraam> Annaya, Subramanyam annaya, Neurologist Dr. Prasad sir) who can answer this> questions. Please do replly to this queries. And also most members have

> access to Great Teachers like " GuruNaatha of Shreeram annaya " / " Vishwa Guru> Vishamji Maharaj " / " Sri Sri Ganapathi Sachidananda Swami " / " Pitaapura> Peetam " may be we can ask them for clarifications....(May be if i have

> access then i would be more than pleased to ask the GuruDevas )...> > Please do reply sir. My sankalpam is to do " Dattatreya Vajra Kavacham " > followed by " Dattatreya Uttara Maala Maha Mantram " during this Eclipse for

> well being of my Family Members. Please do reply....> > Thanks,> - Sainath J.O.>