IndiaDivine.org

Query reg Aasana....

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Brothers,

I have a question it may seem childish......but pls clarify...

What is the best aasana (to sit for longer times....may be 6 hours) to do mantra japa.....

After sitting for 2 Hours is Sidhaasana.....legs start aching..(baaga timmiri ekkutayi...)

Your brother,

- Sainath J.O.

Guest guest

Hi Prasad Sir,

Mee Experience Chadivi Chala Santosham vesindi sir....Really Datta Deva is SmarthruGaami

Sir i seached in internet for Sukhasan , they say Sukhasan means any pose comfortable to u, but my question , when we do mantra japam we need to do Sankalpam/Dhyanam/Lamityaadi Panchopachara Pooja/Mantra Japam.....i want to know some asaaana which is OK with Datta Prabhu & as well as myself.....because sitting for 6 Hours at a stretch is really paining for me, may be i can sit for 2.5 Hours, my best record is 5 hours, but that was just one time........

I am not sure, but there might be some good asana like the one Mani Kanta Swami/ Yoga Narasimha Swami sits ....

which helps in mantra sadhana....

i know only 2 - PadmaAasana is tough, Sidhaasana is good.....but timmiri ekkutayi kaallu

Hopefully by practise i`ll increase the time period...in Sidhaasana...

As you said for me Sukhasana would be sleeping on bed......peacefully....infact i do it....every night....

Chant gods name..... & go to sleep......

But for mantra jaapam i think Rishis/Yogis had some secret beacuse sitting for 2 hrs is not possible how they can sit for years together .......may be we need to decipher it .....( may be i am speaking like james bond, but ther should be some truth in it......)

They might be producing some anti-cramping agents / anti-inflamatory agents in their bodies before they start the tapasya....

May be our science can interview these Yogis & find out the Truth

[sir meeru neuroligist kada, i have a news for u...other day i read an article that marijuana is best for treating pheripheral neuropathy which is notorious & un-treateable with NSAIDS....this was known to ayurveda for long but our Medicene has just started the research into this.....]

Your Brother,

- Sai.

On 3/5/07, P.R.K. Prasad <aarkepee wrote:

SUKHASAN-----Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.http://www.bluesecu

rity.com/register/s?user=ZHJwcmtwcmFzYWQzMTIz

Be a PS3 game guru.Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at Games.

Guest guest

Dear Sri Sainath,

I wanted to give a reply to your query but was caught up with journey etal.

But when I saw that sri Prasad Garu had replied to your query I just kept quite.

You may try

This asana. This is a simple form of Gomukha-Asana. Sri Nrusimha Saraswathy swamy varu also practiced this asana. It is acceptable.Infact, you can prolong your meditation using this simple asana.

However, any asana will have a cringing effect on the muscles of the uninitiated, so my advice is change the leg position after 10 minutes in the same asana thus, you may do it peacefully and without strain. You need not do the namaskara mudra showed by the lady when you are praying.

Position your beads carefully into a mantra-pouch and wear a silk cloth on your body frame when you do mantras to conserve the mantraic energy.

One more thing, Internet sites are dime a dozen and by Sukhasana, Iam sure Dr. Prasad did not mean any "comfortable position".He must have reffered to

the below asana

What you referred to as the sleeping pose, is the shavasana is by far the most difficult pose according to me(to the surprise of many who think it is mere lying down and going to sleep).If you can acheive anything in shavasana where you stop your autonomous nervous system and then meditate upon a mantra, then you have achieved something my friend.

Truth is sweet but first it will shake you up a bit(to use an Americanism "it will piss you off")

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , "Sainath J.O." <srisainath wrote:>> Hi Prasad Sir,> > Mee Experience Chadivi Chala Santosham vesindi sir....Really Datta Deva is> SmarthruGaami> > Sir i seached in internet for Sukhasan , they say Sukhasan means any pose> comfortable to u, but my question , when we do mantra japam we need to do> Sankalpam/Dhyanam/Lamityaadi Panchopachara Pooja/Mantra Japam.....i want to> know some asaaana which is OK with Datta Prabhu & as well as> myself.....because sitting for 6 Hours at a stretch is really paining for> me, may be i can sit for 2.5 Hours, my best record is 5 hours, but that was> just one time........> > I am not sure, but there might be some good asana like the one Mani Kanta> Swami/ Yoga Narasimha Swami sits ....> which helps in mantra sadhana....> > i know only 2 - PadmaAasana is tough, Sidhaasana is good.....but timmiri> ekkutayi kaallu> Hopefully by practise i`ll increase the time period...in Sidhaasana...> > As you said for me Sukhasana would be sleeping on> bed......peacefully....infact i do it....every night....> Chant gods name..... & go to sleep......> > But for mantra jaapam i think Rishis/Yogis had some secret beacuse sitting> for 2 hrs is not possible how they can sit for years together .......may be> we need to decipher it .....( may be i am speaking like james bond, but ther> should be some truth in it......)> > They might be producing some anti-cramping agents / anti-inflamatory agents> in their bodies before they start the tapasya....> May be our science can interview these Yogis & find out the Truth> > [sir meeru neuroligist kada, i have a news for u...other day i read an> article that marijuana is best for treating pheripheral neuropathy which is> notorious & un-treateable with NSAIDS....this was known to ayurveda for long> but our Medicene has just started the research into this.....]> > Your Brother,> - Sai.> > > > > > On 3/5/07, P.R.K. Prasad aarkepee wrote:> >> > SUKHASAN> >> > -----> > Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.> > http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZHJwcmtwcmFzYWQzMTIz> >> > ------------------------------> > Be a PS3 game guru.> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at > > Games. <http://us.rd./evt=49936/*http://videogames.>> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Thanks Annaya & Prasad Sir......

I`ll definetly do trial & error before selecting the best asana.....

Enti annaya Shavasanam lo intha katha vunnada....

Many people suffer with maladies of syympathetic/ para-sympathetic nervous system disorders....

Ammo....controlling autonomous CNS ante it is next to impossible ...himalayan task...

Prasad sir will agree with me.....

No one should even think of it without guidance of greatest phsyciatrist/neurologist of the World...i.e.....Lord Datta Himself....

I have another thing which just came in my mind Annaya/Prasad sir... (of course its deviation from our Datta Principle but please bear with me)

I wonder how great our Rishis/Yogis would be....because they sit & do tapasya at one place for so long without any physical problems......because any doctor would say....Physical activity is best to avaid cardio vascular maladies & CNS related maladies...

I wonder what protects our supermen (our Rishis/Yogis) from all these even though they have little or no physical activity...

If at all our medical faternity/pharma companies can do research on these great souls (OR whats going on in their brains) many people would be benifitted...

May be some enterprising scientists (ofcourse with prerana from Datta Prabhu) would do research & dicipher all these & make our society free of beta-blockers/anxiolytics/stents & anti-depresents.....GOD Knows...

Hey Datta Prabhu protect us all & give us a healthy & long life so that we can all serve you & share your LOVE....

Jai Guru Datta.....

On 05 Mar 2007 17:20:06 -0800, para_anuloma <para_anuloma wrote:

Dear Sri Sainath,

I wanted to give a reply to your query but was caught up with journey etal.

But when I saw that sri Prasad Garu had replied to your query I just kept quite.

You may try

This asana. This is a simple form of Gomukha-Asana. Sri Nrusimha Saraswathy swamy varu also practiced this asana. It is acceptable.Infact, you can prolong your meditation using this simple asana.

However, any asana will have a cringing effect on the muscles of the uninitiated, so my advice is change the leg position after 10 minutes in the same asana thus, you may do it peacefully and without strain. You need not do the namaskara mudra showed by the lady when you are praying.

Position your beads carefully into a mantra-pouch and wear a silk cloth on your body frame when you do mantras to conserve the mantraic energy.

One more thing, Internet sites are dime a dozen and by Sukhasana, Iam sure Dr. Prasad did not mean any " comfortable position " .He must have reffered to

the below asana

What you referred to as the sleeping pose, is the shavasana is by far the most difficult pose according to me(to the surprise of many who think it is mere lying down and going to sleep).If you can acheive anything in shavasana where you stop your autonomous nervous system and then meditate upon a mantra, then you have achieved something my friend.

Truth is sweet but first it will shake you up a bit(to use an Americanism " it will piss you off " )

Yours yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam , " Sainath J.O. " <srisainath wrote:

>> Hi Prasad Sir,> > Mee Experience Chadivi Chala Santosham vesindi sir....Really Datta Deva is> SmarthruGaami> > Sir i seached in internet for Sukhasan , they say Sukhasan means any pose

> comfortable to u, but my question , when we do mantra japam we need to do> Sankalpam/Dhyanam/Lamityaadi Panchopachara Pooja/Mantra Japam.....i want to> know some asaaana which is OK with Datta Prabhu & as well as

> myself.....because sitting for 6 Hours at a stretch is really paining for> me, may be i can sit for 2.5 Hours, my best record is 5 hours, but that was> just one time........> > I am not sure, but there might be some good asana like the one Mani Kanta

> Swami/ Yoga Narasimha Swami sits ....> which helps in mantra sadhana....> > i know only 2 - PadmaAasana is tough, Sidhaasana is good.....but timmiri> ekkutayi kaallu> Hopefully by practise i`ll increase the time period...in Sidhaasana...

> > As you said for me Sukhasana would be sleeping on> bed......peacefully....infact i do it....every night....> Chant gods name..... & go to sleep......> > But for mantra jaapam i think Rishis/Yogis had some secret beacuse sitting

> for 2 hrs is not possible how they can sit for years together .......may be> we need to decipher it .....( may be i am speaking like james bond, but ther> should be some truth in it......)>

> They might be producing some anti-cramping agents / anti-inflamatory agents> in their bodies before they start the tapasya....> May be our science can interview these Yogis & find out the Truth> > [sir meeru neuroligist kada, i have a news for u...other day i read an> article that marijuana is best for treating pheripheral neuropathy which is> notorious & un-treateable with NSAIDS....this was known to ayurveda for long

> but our Medicene has just started the research into this.....]> > Your Brother,> - Sai.> > > > > > On 3/5/07, P.R.K. Prasad aarkepee wrote:

> >> > SUKHASAN> >> > -----> > Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.> >

http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZHJwcmtwcmFzYWQzMTIz> >> > ------------------------------

> > Be a PS3 game guru.> > Get your game face on with the latest PS3 news and previews at > > Games. <

http://us.rd./evt=49936/*

http://videogames.>> >> > > >>

Guest guest

Many practices like KUNDALINI SHAKTI awakening require you to sit immobile for hours on end.Over years of constant practice,one can overcome all the problems associated with NON MOVEMENT.I had seen our own guru SHRI GULWANI MAHARAJ sitting in JAPAM & then turning turtle,rolling on the ground & feeling weightlessness.He made me feel weightless & rise a good 5 inches above the ground when he initiated me at his KARVE ROAD ASHRAM way back in 1970.-----Fight back spam! Download the Blue Frog.http://www.bluesecurity.com/register/s?user=ZHJwcmtwcmFzYWQzMTIz

No need to miss a message. Get email on-the-go with Mail for Mobile. Get started.