IndiaDivine.org

Charana-Shrunga-Rahitha-Nataraja-stotram

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Members,

I have created a small MP3 wherein I have dared to sing myself

: Charanashruga Rahita Nataraja stotram.(I will upload a pdf later)

The story of this rare stotra goes like this...

This hymn is by Sage Patanjali, the author and comiler of the famous Yogasutra.Once upon a time, as the story of the origin of the hymn goes, Nandi, Shiva's carrier would not allow Patanjali Muni to have Darshan of His master, Lord Shiva(in the form of Nataraja of Chidambaram). In order to reach Lord Shiva, Patanjali, with his mastery over sanskrit grammatical forms, spontaneously composed this prayer in priase of the Lord without using any extended syllable(Dheergham).i.e., without a "charana" and "shringa" --leg or horn, to apparently tease Nandi.

Lord Shiva was quickly pleased, gave Dasrahan to Patanjali Muni, and also danced to the lilting tune of this song.(Please excuse my gross voice,Iam nowwhere when compred to such greats!).

The place where this incidence is said to have happened is Chidambaram(also known as Thillai) located about hundred miles from Chennai,Tamilnadu,India.

The stotra is abit difficult to recite but with a couple of trails, one can defintely byheart it.

Please below and then upload the file:

Upload instructions:

Step 1: Click on link below

http://www.MegaShare.com/291733

Step 2: You will then see Slect your download --"premium" and "free"---> Click on "Free"

Step 3: Wait for 9 seconds or so...then you will get a message which shows

"This File is Password Protected. Enter Password Here:"

Please enter here password as "kalpataru"(Password is case sensitive so please use small letters while typing ''kalpataru''--->capslock off)

After entering password please click on "Click here to Download"

Step 4: You will get immidiately a prompt "Do you want to open or save this file?" with the file name as "Rajarajeshwari_Dandakam_Shreeram_Balijepalli.wmv"

Save it at your desired location(preferably on desktop for easy access)

***********************************************************************************************************

This Stotra has to be sung in this charana-shringa-rahita meter set by Patanjali muni.Please again excuse my voice and not-so-good audio quality, it was recorded on my laptop with a sore throat.

It is said that one who commits to memory this stotra in this meter will reach the assembly of Gods this birth itself. Lord Shiva takes care of all his/her needs, if thus memorized and recited daily with devotion. I have added pictures to make the whole thing interesting.

Jaya shiva shakambhari!

Yours Yogically,

Shreeram Balijepalli

Our Noble Brother,I thank you from the depths of my heart for the stothram, rendered fine in your gifted voice. A thrilling experience.With pranamsJagadeesan

Tonight's top picks. What will you watch tonight? Preview the hottest shows on TV.