>> and

>> secondly, I have come acrosss some research indicating that the Vedanta

>> society is wanting to return to old Indian traditions and become more

>> exclusive to outsiders.

The first part of this may be true, the second *CANNOT*. There are no

" outsiders " in Vedanta. There is only the Supreme Reality, and who can be

outside It? If someone who professes to be a Vedantin considers themselves

an " insider " and others " outsiders, " they are not Vedantin but fooling

themselves , lost in their own delusions.

The Vedanta Society is composed of individuals, all differing slightly in

opinions and outlooks, all united by a common vision. There may be said to

be a common stance taken by the society, but there is nothing absolute

about this stance. If the Vedanta Society for one moment becomes

inflexible, an " institution, " it can be said that it no longer exists, that

it has fallen apart.

>> Do you agree and why or why not?! I would

>> appreciate your help through email at maihan78. Thank you

>> for your time and consideration into this manner.

-----

BEING *IS*; What can add to or take away from It?

Visit " The Core " Website at http://coresite.cjb.net -

Music, Poetry, Writings on Nondual Spiritual Topics.

Tim's other pages are at: http://core.vdirect.net.

• 7 years later...
Guest guest

JAY GURU DEVA DATTA,

Shri Subrahmanyam Gaaru,

I'm very much thankful for the photos sent to all members of Dattavaibhavam. Really it inspires one and all to visit the antardhana place of Shri Shripadavallabha.

Once again thank you and your team members who visited the holy place.

SAI RAM

C.D. Raju--- On Wed, 2/4/08, subrahmanyam bharathula <datta_gururaya wrote:

subrahmanyam bharathula <datta_gururaya[smarthrugaami-Dattavaibhavam] AN ADVENTUROUS YATRA TO KADALIVAN-THE PLACE OF SHREEGURU'S ANTHARDHANsmarthrugaami-dattavaibhavam Date: Wednesday, 2 April, 2008, 11:19 PM

Dear Members of the Group,

Pranams...jaigurude vadatta.. .

With reference to the many queries asked by the members of the Group, I would like to give full details of the KADALIVAN Kshetra and the conveyanace facilities available to visit this famous powerful YATRA . It is really true to inform you that, the yatra is possible only to anyone with the blessings of Dattaguru only.

KADALIVAN - THE PLACE OF SHREE GURU'S ANTHARDHAN

DEPARTED MESSAGE OF SHREE GURU AT THE TIME OF ANTHARDHAN:

Guru Nath along with his four chosen disciples, reached the Kadali-Van (banana grove) on the banks of Patala Ganga at the foot of the Srisaila Parvat. Thereafter, Guru Nath asked His disciples to prepare a float with banana trunks and leaves. The float was prepared. It was bedecked with flowers. Guru Nath asked them to place the float in the waters of the river.

A VIEW OF KADALIVAN JOURNEY

He stepped into the float and seated Himself on it. The disciples offered their obeisance and worship to Him, while their hearts were bursting with grief at the impending separation for their beloved Lord. Guru Nath cheered them up and told them "My dear children, I am fully aware of the anguish of your hearts at the thought that I am leaving you. But, I assure You again, I will be with you forever and especially at Gangapur. I will be showering my full grace there on all supplicants, who are sincere, earnest and faithful. Only to make myself inaccessible to agnostics, atheists and the faithless, I am taking this Prasthan. But even so everyday I will be present at the Amaraja Sangam for my morning bath, and will be visiting the Gangapur Math for receiving the 'Bhiksha'. Be sure about this, and do

not give place for any doubt. I will never be leaving Gangapur. I will be accepting all worship that will be offered at the Math. Convey the following advice of mine, which I am giving to you now, to all....'

Believe me, I will be residing in the house of every devotee, ever serving them and showering all grace on them. I will be like the Kamadhenu in the front yard of their house and like the KalpaVriksha in the backyard of the house and like Lakshmi, Saraswati and Parvati residing inside the house. With mere remembrance of me, I respond to everyone".

"Remember also how fond of music I am. Therefore, during Devatarchana time, (during the worship-time) you should invariably also do Bhajan. There is nothing like Bhajan to bind me down in your homes and hearts. In whichever house my name is chanted, there is no scope for poverty or diseases to come anywhere near there. Poverty and disease, all quickly take flight from there. The inmates of the house will be blessed with longevity: that house will be ever prosperous and aplenty. The house will be ever happy and joyous with healthy joyous and playing children and will never be in want of anything".

LOCATION OF KADALIVAN:

The place is nearer to Srisailam. One have to reach Srisailam one day in advance to the trip of Kadalivan. Srisailam is a one of the famous Dwadasha Jyothrilnga Kshetra and One of the Ashtadasha Shakti peetha. It is also one of the powerful Datta kshetra. Dattaguru performed the penance in Srisailam. The second incarnation of Lord Dattatreya, shree Guru Nrusimha saraswathy swamy Maharaj showed his Roopa in the place of SHivalinga to his disciple TANTHUKA. Thanthuka then prayed SHreeguru and said that, there is no difference to Shiva and Shreeguru. He is one and the same.

Route Map to Kadalivan:

One have to reach Paathalaganga in the morning by 6.00 a.m. Now the AP TOURISM Department arranged the ROPEWAY to the place of the ships/boats and they are presently charging Rs.30/- only to reach the place of boats.

ROPE WAY FROM PATHALAGANGA TO BOATS STARTING POINT

The AP TOURISM boats are running upto AKKAMAHADEVI caves only. So, we have to engage private boats to and fro to Kadalivan. It is advised to visit this place with a batch of minimum 10 to 20 people. As there is a problem of NAXALITES, the private boats are only running on special request only. They are charging the minimum fare of Rs.4000/- to Rs.5000/- (with one Guide) to move to the other bank of Patalaganga and return in the evening.

JOURNEY DETAILS:

One have to travel in the Krishna river in the boat for a minimum of One hour to reach other bank.

A VIEW OF KRISHNA RIVER OF PATHALAGANGA DURING THE JOURNEY ON RIVER

OTHER BANK OF KRISHNA RIVER WHERE THE HILL PATH STARTS TO REACH KADALIVAN

From there one have to climb the 3 to 4 hills of 7 kms. There is no proper route/road to reach the ANthardhan place.

A VIEW POINT DURING THE JOURNEY BY WALK

THE WAY OF NEARLY 4 KMS BY WALK TO REACH KADALIVAN

Most of the route is covered with round shaped rocks and trees. While walking in the path, the rocks under the legs will give troubles and sometimes they will give a moment of slipping obstructions to our walk. It may take nearly 3 to 4 hours to reach the place of ANthardhan depending on the speed of walk. During the journey of this 3 hours journey, u can't find atleast a waterdrop. After reaching the ANthardhan plance, there we can find a small lake of water, and the water of lake is chilled and sweety taste and can experience the feelings like "MAY BE AMRUTHA".

THE WATER LAKE INFRONT OF THE ANTHARDHAN CAVE OF KADALIVAN

The ANthardhan place is like a CAVE of one rock roof of 70 to 100 ft width and 8 ft height. In that cave, we can find one idol of Shreeguru Nrusimha saraswathy swamy, one Shivalinga and Akkamahadevi idols.

AKKAMAHADEVI IDOLS IN THE CAVE

AN IDOL OF LORD SHIVALINGA AND NANDEESHWARA

The place is full calm and very suitable for penance.. It can be experience that, some divine vibrations are moving around in that place.

THE FULL ROCK CAVE OF KADALIVAN WHERE SHREEGURU PERFORMED PENANCE

FRONT VIEW OF THE ROCK CAVE

It is also heard that, all the animals etc., of that forest are coming to that lake to drink the water. Some devotees are residing in the nights to get real dreams and Pratyaksha Darshan of Shreeguru. Many devotees from Karnataka and ANdhra are visiting this place to get the blessings of Shreeguru.

IDOL OF SHREEGURU INSTALLED IN THE CAVE WITH "DATTAGURU PRASANNA" BLESSINGS

Accomodation Facilities: No accomodation is availble at this place. One may take rest in the cave. A batch of 10 to 20 people may take rest and can reside inthe nights inthe cave by lighting a continuous fire in the night with the help of wood sticks availble in the forest. No food arrangements are availble. One have to come with all arrangements of food like biscuits, bread, readymade foods with water bottles.

RETURN VIEW POINT OF SRISAILA PATHALAGANGA

We returned from Kadalivan in the after noon at 2.00 p.m.after performing the Rudrabhisheka to Shreeguru. We, the batch of of 12 devotees went to this Kshetra. Really it is an adventurous trip and even now I am in the unbelievable state to recollect the memories of yatra that, whether I am the person who visited the place with my wife, daughter of 8 years and with son of 4 years. Yes it is possible with the blessings of Lord Dattatreya only. It is really true. Dattaguru can do anything. Even God can't help sometimes. But Guru can do all the things. That is the main reason even Shasthras are telling that Guru is greater than God. We can experience the

presence of Lord Dattareya around us and we can forget about our life by doing the service to Dattamaharaj. It is true that, he will take care of his servants at all times. Shree Guru won't see the sad feelings of his servants at any moment.

Dattaguru will always thinks about his servants to improve their name and fame in all angles of their lives than showing his miracles/leelas to others of the society. All the interested devotees are requested to recite Dattanama always, read Shree Guru charitra and also spread Dattanama to more and more people of the society. Try to utilise all the opportunities available to spread Dattaguru nama and get the blessings of Shreeguru Maharaj.

Subrahmanyam. Bharathuladatta_gururaya@ http://groups. / group/smarthruga ami-dattavaibhav am

You rock. That's why Blockbuster' s offering you one month of Blockbuster Total Access, No Cost.

Unlimited freedom, unlimited storage. Get it now