Meditation query

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Please tell me how to meditate.

R

Dear R,

This is like asking me: "Please show me God"

You ask me about rituals, pujas, scriptures, mind, Vedas,etc I can answer but you ask me a very fundamental question as in : Please tell me how to meditate.

It is highest art, if you take it as an art.It is the highest science if you take it as a science.

I take it as the highest nothingness as I think nothing about it. It is said, true meditation happens betwene two meditative speace-times.This is true, I have experienced this.

Zen,Taoism,Buddhism have influenced me from my childhood and also my father's cousin JK(Jiddu Krishnamurti) who used to say "Truth is a pathless land". He was right.

I remember as a small kid asking him in Telugu, " I heard you were a great man should I follow you?"

He replied, "If you follow me you will die."

I understood even then what he meant, he meant an internal death. Truth really does not have any path.Srividya Tantra which I follow is more of a devotion for my Guru.This is my pahtless path, meditationless meditation.

JK in his younger days.He lived till 1986(I was in my primary school PSBB in Chennai then.I remember seeing Him as a tottering Nonogenarian in Adyar and later he moved to Ojai, California)

Also by telling that JK is my relative, I dont become a JK.Infact it is insulting my Athma which God has given me which is equivalent in potential and puissance to JK like how all of you possess.

But sometimes a small interaction with such great masters does help...

The logical minded people in the group go by a fixed rule, a fixed regimen and hope to bait God or Paradevata with their regimen, their discipline.But I think a parrot if trained or an intelligent monkey if trained will be able to do all these things, maybe with lesser Kama/krodha!

Brain and mind are commodities.Meditation is being sold for these commodities by unscrupulous people thee days.Just be the fire, meditation will come from within without effort.

Many times I do what I term as "death meditation". I have my own version where I still the brain and go into a daze just watching aimlessly the ceiling and then finally closing my eyes. Now, this is meditation, if you please.

Meditation is not something complex.It is the simplest thing in the world, yet the mind, the religions, the books and scriptures and the dogmas make it very complex.Something 'highbrow' as God or Paradevatha has to have attendent rituals to it, something Big has to have a big key.

A small key can open a big door.

Like how our friend S says(both the one who has asked me the query and this S are my school friends) in the Deiveeka-Chennai-Bhasha: " Macchi! Mokka podama sollanumnaa"...>Meditation is a personal journey, it is so great that it cannot be taught by anyone and it comes from within. A master can at best bring about the flowering faster.

Now, this reply will not be liked by some erudite members of my groups and some even go behind me and complain about me in other forums or malign me as usual and tout me as a 'madcap' and say that I behave contradictorily (one hand pouting about Shastras and on the other hand speaking like this Zen-like) but as usual --->Iam my care-e'-jaath-self.Dont care for all these, just doling out what I consider the truth.Upto you to take it or leave it.

At the feet of my Master, this 'mad-cap'

Shreeram Balijepalli

Hreem Rajarajeshwari Paradevatha!

Purity, Powers, Parabrahmam...

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_Kalpataru

Shri ram garuI agree with you completely. your way of explaining the meditation is correct. Meditation is a way of thinking to make our thoughts focussed on one issue, 2. observing your thoughts analyzing and trying to correct our own way of thinking. 3. aspiring to get noble thoughts 4. Last and best is trying to be thought less, which one can obtain only through practice.But that too one can get through meditation only. So I too agree with you that there is no one system or one method of meditation.If the holy master J.K.ji is telling you that you must die to follow him.May be he want to tell you or all of us that the "I" should go if the I goes then one can find union with the higher self. When then the higher self starts influencing the meditative mind only noble ideas erupt in the

mind.Then the aspirant should apply his conscious mind by analyzing which is noble and which is selfish and the wise and the virtuous def.ly find the difference. When the person follows only noble ideas and neglect the selfish ideas then the evolutionary path starts to pull him towards truth.Nice topic, thank uKishore ongoleBe with Master RK always in all ways--- On Tue, 7/10/08, Group Owner <para_anuloma wrote:Group Owner <para_anuloma[Datta-Yoga] Re: Meditation querySrividya-Tantra , datta-yoga Date: Tuesday, 7 October, 2008, 10:35 AM

Dear Sir,

R

Dear R,

You ask me about rituals, pujas, scriptures, mind, Vedas,etc I can answer but you ask me a very fundamental question as in : Please tell me how to meditate.

It is highest art, if you take it as an art.It is the highest science if you take it as a science.

I take it as the highest nothingness as I think nothing about it. It is said, true meditation happens betwene two meditative speace-times. This is true, I have experienced this.

Zen,Taoism,Buddhism have influenced me from my childhood and also my father's cousin JK(Jiddu Krishnamurti) who used to say "Truth is a pathless land". He was right.

I remember as a small kid asking him in Telugu, " I heard you were a great man should I follow you?"

I understood even then what he meant, he meant an internal death. Truth really does not have any path.Srividya Tantra which I follow is more of a devotion for my Guru.This is my pahtless path, meditationless meditation.

JK in his younger days.He lived till 1986(I was in my primary school PSBB in Chennai then.I remember seeing Him as a tottering Nonogenarian in Adyar and later he moved to Ojai, California)

Also by telling that JK is my relative, I dont become a JK.Infact it is insulting my Athma which God has given me which is equivalent in potential and puissance to JK like how all of you possess.

The logical minded people in the group go by a fixed rule, a fixed regimen and hope to bait God or Paradevata with their regimen, their discipline.But I think a parrot if trained or an intelligent monkey if trained will be able to do all these things, maybe with lesser Kama/krodha!

Brain and mind are commodities. Meditation is being sold for these commodities by unscrupulous people thee days.Just be the fire, meditation will come from within without effort.

Many times I do what I term as "death meditation". I have my own version where I still the brain and go into a daze just watching aimlessly the ceiling and then finally closing my eyes. Now, this is meditation, if you please.

Meditation is not something complex.It is the simplest thing in the world, yet the mind, the religions, the books and scriptures and the dogmas make it very complex.Something 'highbrow' as God or Paradevatha has to have attendent rituals to it, something Big has to have a big key.

Like how our friend S says(both the one who has asked me the query and this S are my school friends) in the Deiveeka-Chennai- Bhasha: " Macchi! Mokka podama sollanumnaa" ...>Meditation is a personal journey, it is so great that it cannot be taught by anyone and it comes from within. A master can at best bring about the flowering faster.

Now, this reply will not be liked by some erudite members of my groups and some even go behind me and complain about me in other forums or malign me as usual and tout me as a 'madcap' and say that I behave contradictorily (one hand pouting about Shastras and on the other hand speaking like this Zen-like) but as usual --->Iam my care-e'-jaath- self.Dont care for all these, just doling out what I consider the truth.Upto you to take it or leave it.

Shreeram Balijepalli

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_ Kalpataru

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

My Dear R!

If you want how to mediate

my sincere suggestion is find one good Guru then you start , but don't follow any suggestions and books

All The Best

Guru krupa prapti rastu

Thanks & RegardsSuryam.Mangalampalli9247366829

Group Owner <para_anulomaSrividya-Tantra ; datta-yoga Sent: Monday, 6 October, 2008 10:05:03 PM[Datta-Yoga] Re: Meditation query

Dear Sir,

R

Dear R,

I take it as the highest nothingness as I think nothing about it. It is said, true meditation happens betwene two meditative speace-times. This is true, I have experienced this.

Brain and mind are commodities. Meditation is being sold for these commodities by unscrupulous people thee days.Just be the fire, meditation will come from within without effort.

Like how our friend S says(both the one who has asked me the query and this S are my school friends) in the Deiveeka-Chennai- Bhasha: " Macchi! Mokka podama sollanumnaa" ...>Meditation is a personal journey, it is so great that it cannot be taught by anyone and it comes from within. A master can at best bring about the flowering faster.

Now, this reply will not be liked by some erudite members of my groups and some even go behind me and complain about me in other forums or malign me as usual and tout me as a 'madcap' and say that I behave contradictorily (one hand pouting about Shastras and on the other hand speaking like this Zen-like) but as usual --->Iam my care-e'-jaath- self.Dont care for all these, just doling out what I consider the truth.Upto you to take it or leave it.

Shreeram Balijepalli

Click to join Rajarajeshwari_ Kalpataru

Connect with friends all over the world. Get India Messenger.