IndiaDivine.org

pApa-punyA equations

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Hi Anna,

What does prarabdha karma mean? Would the following case qualify as a prarabdha karma? A husband speaking ill of his parents or against the parents in front of his wife and in-laws just to satisfy them. He doesn’t mean whatever he speaks against his parents through his heart. In his heart, he loves them, adores them, respects them. But due to some unavoidable circumstances, he is forced to speak/do such things for the in-laws. The husband is aware that his parents may not believe him if he says that he loves them, etc at heart as anyone would only go by what you say and not what is in your heart? In this case, would it be possible to know about such behavior of the husband beforehand through astrology/horoscope? To elaborate, is it possible to find if the husband would commit such acts at later point? Yours, Thambi.

prArabdha karmA means past birth sins.

The case you talk about is sanchita karmA(this birth's deeds).sanchitha karmAs are 2 fold--sanchitha pApa(current birth sin) and sanchitha punyA(current birth merit)

The scenario which you have described(my guess is it is related to you or someone very close to you,Im sorry if Im wrong) is a sanchitha pApa karmA.If you or the other person doing it,stop it.

You say: just to satisfy them

But the son must satisfy his parents first before he places his in-laws and his wife.

This is his duty as their son.

Then you say:In his heart, he loves them, adores them, respects them.

If this be the case,then it means the parents are most probably good hearted and not evil.{Unless the whole family(Son and the parents) are evil!}

Thus, on the premise that the parents are goodhearted then the love which is in his heart should be expressed and not hidden,for it gives happiness to his parents.Even if he feels the parents might not appreciate his love hidden in his heart even when expressed and thus never says it is but a heartening and heart-gladdening thing for the parents.

As humans everyone love being appreciated and hate being contradicted(even for rightful things) and corrected(much less abused infront of their daughter-in-law or her parents).If someone thinks parents dont like being told they are loved,then either that person has taken leave of his senses or his parents are not humans!

If he feels shy or embarassed to express it especially in a Modern Society like USA,then he should atleast not try hurting them infront of his in-laws and wife.

Even if parents have done something wrong,he must take them aside and explain things to them properly and if they are still adamant about some great adhArmic act, then he should avoid them or take necessary strict steps,quoting dharmA.

If however, parents are not at fault and they are good-natured and they are being hurt thus to just please his wife,the person incurs great sanchitha pApa. It is said,"God cannot be everywhere,so He gave good parents...".So it is as good as insulting 2 Gods before one's wife and in-laws.

The calibration of the sin depends on subjectively how much of hurt is in the parent's hurt harboured and also objectively as per Law of karmA(your parents might forgive you; but God will not.--This is what I mean by objective).So the sanchithA kukarmA(sin) would depend on 2 factors

1. Subjective considerations

2. Objective considerations.

Sometimes, if the parents are terribly hurt even for some small sin you commit.Say, you shout at your mother infront of all for spoiling the taste of the food.And she is terribly hurt by it.Then the subjective consideration increases and you will incur sanchitha karmA more.

Say in the same scenario,you mother takes your scold lightheartedly and even jests or jokes back,then maybe subjective consideration might not be there much but objective consideration is still there.

Remember this here in the example above(and apply this everywhere): The score of pApAs and punyAs is not between you and your mother but between you and God.God has given this life as a trust and tests you whether you would do good or not.If you fail,then you would be sent to lower wombs or even lower evolutions like animals or insects.

And not only the son goes to peridition but also he takes alongwith him his wife and his inlaws too.They too incur sins for hurting good people.His wife incurs atleast 2/3rds of his sin and his inlaws 1/3rd of the sin for being mute witness and failing in their duty to stop their son-in-law and educating their daughter.(Now, all this mathematic equations are not given in the scriptures but Im reeling it out for you to understand)

In a rare exception the son can be right and the sin can be evaded only if the parents are evil,follow adhArmic ways and they torture their daughter-in-law very much like how you see in Indian TV soap sitcoms.Then your duty as a husband who protects the interests of your wife,combined with love towards her;should then ameliorate the situation appropriately.The best recourse being leaving the place with one's wife or transporting the wife to safe place.

It is perfectly knowable that the person is capable of commiting such acts currently and in future.This can be checked easily by an authentic astrologer by seeing the karakathwAs of the inlaw grahas,wife graha,parents graha in the native's horoscope;the sthAnas(positions of the houses) and also the swabhAva of the Native.

If there is any such planetary conflagration,I would not give my daughter to such a groom even if satisfies me,my wife and my daughter.

If this said example you have given is not hypothetical but something happening in your life, or someone close to you;I entreat you to seriously consider what has been said by me in this email.

Strangely now I feel like Vikramaditya who has answered Betal's query!

Past so many weeks, so many people have asked such questions to me and I hate being too judgemental.As is karmA so will it flow is all I can say finally.Maybe the parents sinned heavily agaisnt their parents to get such a son! Who knows? except parAmbika!

I guess the Betal has now lifted off my shoulders for the next question!

Juskiddin!

Yours Yogically,

Mythreya

(Email: Mythreya.Mythreya)

(Group-owner of Online Spiritual Groups:

Amba_vijayam and )

Jaya Sarvamangala! Jaya Raajaraajeshvari!

May ambA rAjarAjeshwarI de'vI bless all of us abundantly!

Make your browsing faster, safer, and easier with the new Internet Explorer® 8. Optimized for Get it Now for Free!