IndiaDivine.org

18 Holy Step

Rate this topic

Guest guest

The sacred 18 steps (Ponnu Pathinettampadi) are covered with `Panchaloham'(a preparation of special metals and mortar). The inner meaning of these 18 steps is as follows:-

The first five(5) steps represents the Five Senses (Panchendriyas) i.e. visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory and tactile. These signify theortal nature of one's body.

The next eight(8) steps represents the eight Ashtaragas viz Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Maltsarya, Asooya, Dhumb(Love, Anger, Avarice, Lust, Pride, Unhealthy Competition, Jealousy and Boast fulness).

The next three(3) steps represents the three Gunas (nature-born qualities), Satv, (perspicuity, discernment) , Rajas (activity, enjoyment) and Thamas (inactivity, stupor).

The last two(2) steps represents Vidya (Knowledge) and Avidya (Ignorance).

Let me know if you require further clarifications. Thanks.

With warm regards,

Udhay.

sriayyappan [sriayyappan ] On Behalf Of vvjj12003Friday, December 02, 2005 12:39 AMsriayyappan Subject: 18 Holy Step

Swamiya SarnamDear sir,can anybody explain to me the meaning of each step For 18 HolyStep.VijayMalaysia

Sure...

1st Para - hope you should understand

5 Steps - 5 senses such as Visual(Eye sense), Auditory(Ear sense), Olfactory(Smelling sense), Gustatory(Tasting sense), Tactile(Sense of touch)

8 Steps - Love, Anger, Avarice(being greed on material wealth - Porul aasai), Lust(sexual desire, Kaama unarvu), Pride, Unhealthy Competition, Jealousy(Poraamai) and Boast fulness(feeling of excessive pride)

3 Steps - 3 gunas such as Satv(Judging Brilliantly eg: Pulavargal) , Rajas(enjoyment eg: Rajaakkal) and Thamas (inactive state).

2 Steps - Vidya (Knowledge/Arivum), Avidya (Ignorance/Ariyaamai-um)

Hence, every step indicates a significance and by climbing those we avoid few unwanted things and we acquire few things..

Swamiye Saranam Ayyappa!!!

With warm regards,

Udhay.

mani vijay [manikandan_vijay] Saturday, December 03, 2005 4:07 PMUdhay KumarRE: 18 Holy Step

Hi Udhay,

Can you please make more simipler so that we too can understand it.Udhay Kumar <udhay.kumar wrote:

The sacred 18 steps (Ponnu Pathinettampadi) are covered with `Panchaloham'(a preparation of special metals and mortar). The inner meaning of these 18 steps is as follows:-

The first five(5) steps represents the Five Senses (Panchendriyas) i.e. visual, auditory, olfactory, gustatory and tactile. These signify theortal nature of one's body.

The next eight(8) steps represents the eight Ashtaragas viz Kama, Krodha, Lobha, Moha, Madha, Maltsarya, Asooya, Dhumb(Love, Anger, Avarice, Lust, Pride, Unhealthy Competition, Jealousy and Boast fulness).

The next three(3) steps represents the three Gunas (nature-born qualities), Satv, (perspicuity, discernment) , Rajas (activity, enjoyment) and Thamas (inactivity, stupor).

The last two(2) steps represents Vidya (Knowledge) and Avidya (Ignorance).

Let me know if you require further clarifications. Thanks.

With warm regards,

Udhay.

sriayyappan [sriayyappan ] On Behalf Of vvjj12003Friday, December 02, 2005 12:39 AMsriayyappan Subject: 18 Holy Step

Swamiya SarnamDear sir,can anybody explain to me the meaning of each step For 18 HolyStep.VijayMalaysia

DSL Something to write home about. Just $16.99/mo. or less

ShoppingFind Great Deals on Gifts at Shopping