IndiaDivine.org

Regarding Vridham

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Swami Saranam ... Swami Saranam,I have few doubts/questions regarding vridham,1. Can we apply oil in our head ? I mean in small quantity and not like taking bath.2. Can we go to other temples which are in hill. like thirupathi. I remember..way back pple used to say we should not climb any other hill/mountain other than sabari malai while putting malai.Thanx,Mahesh M

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.

• 3 weeks later...

Swamy

One of the main Viradham point is you must abstain from using any substance to improve your show, whether it is oil, face powder, etc.,.

No doubt you must remain clean - both in your mind & body; If you need to apply some qty of oil for medicinal purposes like to avoid itching due to dry skin, etc... I think guruswamies will not object.

Your second point - Definitely you can go to any temple whether in plain or over hills. To reach our Sabarimalai also we are crossing many hills (western ghats) and also as per Ayyappan history / one of the main myth Our Swami Ayyappan is a son of Lord Siva & Lord Vishnu (/ Balaji). Use the Viradham period to visit as many temples you can

Swamy Saranam

" Just because something ends doesn't mean it never should have been "

N.Jayakumar

www.kanyahomes.com--- On Thu, 27/11/08, Mahesh M <maheshm_80 wrote:

Mahesh M <maheshm_80 Regarding Vridham"AyyppaGroups" <sriayyappan >Thursday, 27 November, 2008, 1:42 PM

Swami Saranam ... Swami Saranam,I have few doubts/questions regarding vridham,1. Can we apply oil in our head ? I mean in small quantity and not like taking bath.2. Can we go to other temples which are in hill. like thirupathi. I remember..way back pple used to say we should not climb any other hill/mountain other than sabari malai while putting malai.Thanx,Mahesh M

Add more friends to your messenger and enjoy! Invite them now.