IndiaDivine.org

Fw: Nepal half moon shaped Ek Mukhi, it is a partner of 'Sawar' !

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

- chandrashekhar phadke

mahamuni

Wednesday, April 11, 2007 10:50 PM

Nepal half moon shaped Ek Mukhi, it is a partner of 'Sawar' !

Dear Surya,

I am sending herewith a reply to the posting by Mr. Ishwar on 'Sacred Object forum'. I am not able to post to the 'Sacred Object forum' due to server problem. Kindly forward it to the 'Sacred Objects Forum'. I am sending the same posting on 'Openrudrakshaforum'. I have written to Mr. Richard regarding the server problem.

The popular 'Cashewnut shaped Ek Mukhi' which is mainly from the South India is always under the species Elaeocarpus tuberculatus. The mukhi or cleft in this type of bead is always on the ventral side or concave side of the bead. Generally, these beads do not have natural hole, however, very rarely you may get natural hole in the peduncle portion.

The crescent shaped Nepal Ek Mukhi is in fact a partner of the famous and very rarely seen 'Sawar Rudraksha'. As we all know, Sawar is a type of the Gauri Shankar, having one partner Ek mukhi and the other one as a normal bead. Sawar Rudraksha is also known in some places in the north India as 'Ishwar Rudraksha' or 'Brahma Rudraksha'.

The Ek mukhi partner from the 'Sawar Rudraksha' is most of the time crescent shaped or half moon shaped. Very rarely it is little globular, though not perfectly globular showing slightly curved nature. In this type of crescent shaped rudraksha, the mukhi or the cleft is always on the dorsal surface or on the convex surface.

The crescent shaped Ek Mukhi partner is cut off from the original Sawar and worn as Ek Mukhi. However, it is always better to wear Sawar as a complete bead. If such partner is seperated from the original bead, then it should be treated as a 'Khandit (broken or seriously damaged) Rudraksha'.

Thanking you and with best wishes,

Chandrashekhar Phadke

Check out what you're missing if you're not on Messenger

Version: 7.5.446 / Virus Database: 269.2.0/756 - Release 4/10/2007 10:44 PM