IndiaDivine.org

Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Fellow Members,

I posted the query below last year but without any response so far.

If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome.

Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in

September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads too

early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

harvested later ie. October, November, December?

Thanks,

Ole Alstrup

sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup wrote:

>

>

> It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and lifespan

than

> unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a ripe

and

> unripe bead is an increase in weight?

>

> What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe bead,

is it

> the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead

chambers?

> How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully ripen

on the

> tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I guess

the

> fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the

bead is

> fully ripen.

>

> Thanks,

>

> ~ Ole

>

dear friend ole

as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that

unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in

water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep

them in that condition for few months so that they become old and

gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous

with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the

rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no secret

that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.

i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other members

who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

with best wishes and blessings

pandit arjun

www.rudraksharemedy.com

>

> Dear Fellow Members,

>

> I posted the query below last year but without any response so far.

>

> If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome.

>

> Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in

> September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads too

> early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

> harvested later ie. October, November, December?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Ole Alstrup

>

> sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> >

> >

> > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and lifespan

> than

> > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a ripe

> and

> > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> >

> > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe

bead,

> is it

> > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead

> chambers?

> > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully ripen

> on the

> > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I guess

> the

> > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the

> bead is

> > fully ripen.

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> > ~ Ole

> >

>

Dear Pandit Arjun, I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating, trying to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for a few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your reasoning? Thanks, Ole panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote: dear friend oleas per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep them in that condition for few months so that they become old and gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no secret that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other members who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.with best wishes and

blessingspandit arjunwww.rudraksharemedy.comsacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup wrote:>> Dear Fellow Members,> > I posted the query below last year but without any response so far.> > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome. > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads too > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads > harvested later ie. October, November, December? > > Thanks,> > Ole Alstrup> > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> >> > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have

more power and lifespan > than> > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a ripe > and> > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe bead, > is it> > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead > chambers?> > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully ripen > on the> > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I guess > the> > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the > bead is> > fully ripen.> > > > Thanks,> > > > ~ Ole> >>

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

dear friend ole

this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not answered

by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact the

so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all soaked

in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher mukhi

beads only in oil and they give different reasons like protecting

from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.

the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the product

is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer front

as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are

helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe beads

at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices.

these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before

making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the

customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved. these

days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and if i

come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even when i

am presenting the facts as they are.

many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get the

holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot call

this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant even

the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live with

these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are not

allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on the

trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and the

farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he plucks

the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell. do

you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha shall

not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that be

ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it as it

is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at the

farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have no

control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha and

it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at all

even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a

genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers as to

how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.

pandit arjun

www.rudraksharemedy.com

sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup

wrote:

>

> Dear Pandit Arjun,

>

> I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months

to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating, trying

to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for a

few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some

weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite

quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in

September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in

November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your

reasoning?

>

> Thanks,

> Ole

>

> panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote:

> dear friend ole

>

> as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that

> unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in

> water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep

> them in that condition for few months so that they become old and

> gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous

> with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the

> rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no

secret

> that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.

>

> i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other

members

> who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

>

> with best wishes and blessings

> pandit arjun

> www.rudraksharemedy.com

>

> >

> > Dear Fellow Members,

> >

> > I posted the query below last year but without any response so

far.

> >

> > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome.

> >

> > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in

> > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads

too

> > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

> > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> > Ole Alstrup

> >

> > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and

lifespan

> > than

> > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a

ripe

> > and

> > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > >

> > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe

> bead,

> > is it

> > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead

> > chambers?

> > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully

ripen

> > on the

> > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I

guess

> > the

> > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the

> > bead is

> > > fully ripen.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > > ~ Ole

> > >

> >

> Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit

now.

>

Dear Pandit Arjun, If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much your honesty and integrity in making this information available here in public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any other info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute the information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is accurate. I find it important that this information is made available to the public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the word cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is going on, tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is not aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in the business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it, this phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent years. As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear more ripe, but only have limited personal

experience and of course has read a lot. There is still the claim that a natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo of this, but would like to investigate this further. About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is loose dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I have seen this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole inside is obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the ends, then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I have some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal: All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which can be easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill machine to

remove. Is the above statement true or false? I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha fruit has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be ripe, I believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be interesting to get the info from someone who has observed this in person. Many Thanks, Olepanditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote: dear friend olethis is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not answered by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact the so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all soaked in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher mukhi beads only in oil and they give different reasons like protecting from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the product is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer front as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe beads at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices. these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before making it saleworthy.

this factual process is shared with the customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved. these days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and if i come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even when i am presenting the facts as they are. many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get the holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot call this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant even the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live with these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are not allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on the trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and the farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he plucks the unripe fruits and store them in a

room, ripen it and sell. do you call all these fruitsellers cheating.by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha shall not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that be ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it as it is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at the farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have no control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha and it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at all even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers as to how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.with best wishes and blessingspandit

arjunwww.rudraksharemedy.comsacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup wrote:>> Dear Pandit Arjun,> > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating, trying to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for a few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your reasoning?> > Thanks,> Ole> > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote:> dear friend ole> > as per my

experience and knowledge, your observation is true that > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep > them in that condition for few months so that they become old and > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no secret > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.> > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other members > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > with best wishes and blessings> pandit arjun> www.rudraksharemedy.com> > sacred-objects , "alstrup"

<alstrup@> wrote:> >> > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > I posted the query below last year but without any response so far.> > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome. > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads too > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads > > harvested later ie. October, November, December? > > > > Thanks,> > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > >> > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and lifespan > > than> > > unripe beads.

Is it true that the only difference between a ripe > > and> > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe > bead, > > is it> > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead > > chambers?> > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully ripen > > on the> > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I guess > > the> > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the > > bead is> > > fully ripen.> > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > ~ Ole> > >> >> > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers

from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.

I think Panditji has made some very good and sound points. I applaud his efforts here.

JAI AMMA!

Surya

-

panditarjun2004

sacred-objects

Tuesday, August 21, 2007 11:58 AM

Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

dear friend olethis is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not answered by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact the so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all soaked in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher mukhi beads only in oil and they give different reasons like protecting from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the product is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer front as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe beads at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices. these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved. these days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and if i come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even when i am presenting the facts as they are. many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get the holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot call this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant even the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live with these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are not allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on the trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and the farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he plucks the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell. do you call all these fruitsellers cheating.by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha shall not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that be ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it as it is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at the farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have no control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha and it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at all even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers as to how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.with best wishes and blessingspandit arjunwww.rudraksharemedy.comsacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup wrote:>> Dear Pandit Arjun,> > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating, trying to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for a few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your reasoning?> > Thanks,> Ole> > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote:> dear friend ole> > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep > them in that condition for few months so that they become old and > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no secret > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.> > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other members > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > with best wishes and blessings> pandit arjun> www.rudraksharemedy.com> > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> >> > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > I posted the query below last year but without any response so far.> > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome. > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads too > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads > > harvested later ie. October, November, December? > > > > Thanks,> > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > >> > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and lifespan > > than> > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a ripe > > and> > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe > bead, > > is it> > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead > > chambers?> > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully ripen > > on the> > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I guess > > the> > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the > > bead is> > > fully ripen.> > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > ~ Ole> > >> >> > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit now.>

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.1/963 - Release 8/20/2007 5:44 PM

dear friend ole

you can safely assume that human intervention is there while making

available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have seen

most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be cleared

with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need to

make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers and

other large retailers or farmers share their observations on all

nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a conclusive

observation. till then these are my personal observations in my

limited knowledge.

pandit arjun

www.rudraskharemedy.com

sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup

wrote:

>

> Dear Pandit Arjun,

>

> If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much your

honesty and integrity in making this information available here in

public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any other

info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute the

information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is accurate.

I find it important that this information is made available to the

public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the word

cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is going on,

tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is not

aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in the

business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it, this

phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent years.

As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear more

ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course has

read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo of

this, but would like to investigate this further.

>

> About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is loose

dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I have seen

this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is

removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole inside is

obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the ends,

then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I have

some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

>

> All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which can be

easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have

strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill

machine to remove.

>

> Is the above statement true or false?

>

> I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha fruit

has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be ripe, I

believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be interesting to

get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

>

> Many Thanks,

>

> Ole

>

> panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote:

> dear friend ole

>

> this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

answered

> by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact the

> so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all

soaked

> in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher mukhi

> beads only in oil and they give different reasons like protecting

> from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.

>

> the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the

product

> is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer

front

> as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are

> helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe beads

> at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices.

> these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before

> making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the

> customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved. these

> days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and if

i

> come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even when

i

> am presenting the facts as they are.

>

> many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get the

> holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot call

> this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant even

> the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live

with

> these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

>

> these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are

not

> allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on the

> trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and the

> farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he plucks

> the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell. do

> you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

>

> by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha

shall

> not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that be

> ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it as

it

> is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

>

> on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at

the

> farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have no

> control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha and

> it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at all

> even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a

> genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

>

> you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers as

to

> how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.

>

> pandit arjun

>

> sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> >

> > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months

> to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating,

trying

> to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for a

> few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some

> weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite

> quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in

> September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in

> November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your

> reasoning?

> >

> > Thanks,

> > Ole

> >

> > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > dear friend ole

> >

> > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that

> > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in

> > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and

keep

> > them in that condition for few months so that they become old and

> > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be synonymous

> > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the

> > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no

> secret

> > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.

> >

> > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other

> members

> > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> >

> > with best wishes and blessings

> > pandit arjun

> > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> >

> > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > >

> > > I posted the query below last year but without any response so

> far.

> > >

> > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very welcome.

> > >

> > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in

> > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads

> too

> > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

> > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > > Ole Alstrup

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and

> lifespan

> > > than

> > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a

> ripe

> > > and

> > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > >

> > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe

> > bead,

> > > is it

> > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead

> > > chambers?

> > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully

> ripen

> > > on the

> > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I

> guess

> > > the

> > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show

the

> > > bead is

> > > > fully ripen.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > >

> > > > ~ Ole

> > > >

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit

> now.

> >

> For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good

this month.

>

dear sir Can i know which rudraksha has got more effective small or big, nepali, or himalaya, or java what should be the combination egs: you may say nepali big bead is power full or himalaya small bead is power full please give me the details best regards Vignhesh panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote: dear friend oleyou can safely assume that human intervention is

there while making available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have seen most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be cleared with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need to make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers and other large retailers or farmers share their observations on all nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a conclusive observation. till then these are my personal observations in my limited knowledge.with best wishes and blessingspandit arjunwww.rudraskharemedy.comsacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup wrote:>> Dear Pandit Arjun,> > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much your honesty and integrity in

making this information available here in public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any other info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute the information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is accurate. I find it important that this information is made available to the public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the word cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is going on, tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is not aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in the business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it, this phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent years. As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear more ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course has read a lot. There is still the claim that a> natural ripened bead will

look different, I have seen photo of this, but would like to investigate this further.> > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is loose dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I have seen this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole inside is obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the ends, then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I have some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:> > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which can be easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill machine to remove.> > Is the above statement true or false?> > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha fruit has

to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be ripe, I believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be interesting to get the info from someone who has observed this in person. > > Many Thanks,> > Ole> > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004 wrote:> dear friend ole> > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not answered > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact the > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all soaked > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher mukhi > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like protecting > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.> > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the product > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer

front > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe beads > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices. > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved. these > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and if i > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even when i > am presenting the facts as they are. > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get the > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot call > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant even > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live with

> these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.> > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are not > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on the > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and the > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he plucks > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell. do > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha shall > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that be > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it as it > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at the > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the

retailer have no > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha and > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at all > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers as to > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.> > with best wishes and blessings> pandit arjun> www.rudraksharemedy.com> > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@> > wrote:> >> > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2 months > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating, trying > to pass off unripe beads as ripe!

If unripe beads are soaked for a > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for some > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only in > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand your > reasoning?> > > > Thanks,> > Ole> > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > dear friend ole> > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true that > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float in > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and keep > > them in that condition for few months so that they become old and > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe

word may be synonymous > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no > secret > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few months.> > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other > members > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > with best wishes and blessings> > pandit arjun> > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any response so > far.> > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would

be very welcome. > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts in > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their beads > too > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December? > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > > >> > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and > lifespan > > > than> > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between a > ripe > > > and> > > > unripe bead is an increase in

weight?> > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a unripe > > bead, > > > is it> > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the bead > > > chambers?> > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully > ripen > > > on the> > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I > guess > > > the> > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to show the > > > bead is> > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Tryit > now.> >> > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For Good this month.>

Need a vacation? Get great deals to amazing places on Travel.

Dear Sirs,

Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and soaked

in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature ripen

beads, it is all cheating??

Thanking you,

Satyadharma

sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear friend ole

>

> you can safely assume that human intervention is there while

making

> available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

>

> i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have

seen

> most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be

cleared

> with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need to

> make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers and

> other large retailers or farmers share their observations on all

> nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a conclusive

> observation. till then these are my personal observations in my

> limited knowledge.

>

> pandit arjun

> www.rudraskharemedy.com

>

> sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> >

> > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much your

> honesty and integrity in making this information available here in

> public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any other

> info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute the

> information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

accurate.

> I find it important that this information is made available to the

> public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the

word

> cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is going

on,

> tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is not

> aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in the

> business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it,

this

> phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent

years.

> As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear

more

> ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course has

> read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo of

> this, but would like to investigate this further.

> >

> > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is

loose

> dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I have

seen

> this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is

> removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole inside

is

> obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the

ends,

> then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I

have

> some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

> >

> > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which can

be

> easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have

> strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill

> machine to remove.

> >

> > Is the above statement true or false?

> >

> > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha

fruit

> has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be ripe,

I

> believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be interesting

to

> get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> >

> > Many Thanks,

> >

> > Ole

> >

> > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > dear friend ole

> >

> > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

> answered

> > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact

the

> > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all

> soaked

> > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher

mukhi

> > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

protecting

> > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.

> >

> > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the

> product

> > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer

> front

> > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are

> > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe

beads

> > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher prices.

> > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before

> > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the

> > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved.

these

> > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries and

if

> i

> > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even

when

> i

> > am presenting the facts as they are.

> >

> > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get

the

> > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot

call

> > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant

even

> > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to live

> with

> > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

> >

> > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and are

> not

> > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on

the

> > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and

the

> > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he

plucks

> > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell.

do

> > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> >

> > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha

> shall

> > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that

be

> > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it

as

> it

> > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> >

> > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens at

> the

> > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have

no

> > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha

and

> > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at

all

> > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that a

> > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> >

> > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers

as

> to

> > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.

> >

> > pandit arjun

> >

> > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > >

> > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2

months

> > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating,

> trying

> > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked for

a

> > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for

some

> > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken quite

> > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts in

> > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available only

in

> > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand

your

> > reasoning?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Ole

> > >

> > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > dear friend ole

> > >

> > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true

that

> > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float

in

> > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil and

> keep

> > > them in that condition for few months so that they become old

and

> > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

synonymous

> > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for the

> > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no

> > secret

> > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few

months.

> > >

> > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other

> > members

> > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > >

> > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > pandit arjun

> > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > >

> > > > I posted the query below last year but without any response

so

> > far.

> > > >

> > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

welcome.

> > > >

> > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts

in

> > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their

beads

> > too

> > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

> > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > >

> > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and

> > lifespan

> > > > than

> > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between

a

> > ripe

> > > > and

> > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > >

> > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a

unripe

> > > bead,

> > > > is it

> > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the

bead

> > > > chambers?

> > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is fully

> > ripen

> > > > on the

> > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally, I

> > guess

> > > > the

> > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to

show

> the

> > > > bead is

> > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > >

> > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows.

Tryit

> > now.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For

Good

> this month.

> >

>

dear friend

it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there are

very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which are

ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller when

these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old and

have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most new

freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the customers

are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a

genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who

wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine

rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention an

exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in water.

due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms etc.,

many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating as

they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from

infestation.

products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological threats

and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at home,

you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold

storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank them

for making available to the products even in unseason. when the holy

rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being eaten

by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information on

how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they undergo,

it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.

many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from tulasi,

bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the sellers

are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and

committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by buying

the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any

product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the processes

that the product went through before it reached his hands. genuine

sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes as

there is no cheating involved.

pandit arjun

www.rudraksharemedy.com

sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

<satyadharma wrote:

>

> Dear Sirs,

>

> Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and soaked

> in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature ripen

> beads, it is all cheating??

>

> Thanking you,

>

> Satyadharma

>

> sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> >

> > dear friend ole

> >

> > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while

> making

> > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

> >

> > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have

> seen

> > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be

> cleared

> > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need to

> > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers

and

> > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on all

> > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a conclusive

> > observation. till then these are my personal observations in my

> > limited knowledge.

> >

> > pandit arjun

> > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> >

> > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > >

> > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much

your

> > honesty and integrity in making this information available here

in

> > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any other

> > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute the

> > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

> accurate.

> > I find it important that this information is made available to

the

> > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the

> word

> > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is going

> on,

> > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is not

> > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in

the

> > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it,

> this

> > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent

> years.

> > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear

> more

> > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course has

> > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo of

> > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > >

> > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is

> loose

> > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I have

> seen

> > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is

> > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole inside

> is

> > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the

> ends,

> > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I

> have

> > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

> > >

> > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which

can

> be

> > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have

> > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill

> > machine to remove.

> > >

> > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > >

> > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha

> fruit

> > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be ripe,

> I

> > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be interesting

> to

> > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> > >

> > > Many Thanks,

> > >

> > > Ole

> > >

> > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > dear friend ole

> > >

> > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

> > answered

> > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in fact

> the

> > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all

> > soaked

> > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher

> mukhi

> > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> protecting

> > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.

> > >

> > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the

> > product

> > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the farmer

> > front

> > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are

> > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe

> beads

> > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher

prices.

> > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha before

> > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the

> > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved.

> these

> > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries

and

> if

> > i

> > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even

> when

> > i

> > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > >

> > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get

> the

> > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot

> call

> > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant

> even

> > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to

live

> > with

> > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

> > >

> > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and

are

> > not

> > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally on

> the

> > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc. and

> the

> > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he

> plucks

> > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and sell.

> do

> > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > >

> > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a rudraksha

> > shall

> > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let that

> be

> > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell it

> as

> > it

> > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > >

> > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens

at

> > the

> > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer have

> no

> > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe rudraksha

> and

> > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at

> all

> > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth that

a

> > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > >

> > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert researchers

> as

> > to

> > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.

> > >

> > > pandit arjun

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > >

> > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2

> months

> > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called cheating,

> > trying

> > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked

for

> a

> > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for

> some

> > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken

quite

> > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts

in

> > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available

only

> in

> > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really understand

> your

> > > reasoning?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > > Ole

> > > >

> > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > dear friend ole

> > > >

> > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is true

> that

> > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also float

> in

> > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil

and

> > keep

> > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become old

> and

> > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

> synonymous

> > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for

the

> > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is no

> > > secret

> > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few

> months.

> > > >

> > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and other

> > > members

> > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > >

> > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > pandit arjun

> > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > >

> > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any response

> so

> > > far.

> > > > >

> > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

> welcome.

> > > > >

> > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal starts

> in

> > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their

> beads

> > > too

> > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened beads

> > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > >

> > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

> > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power and

> > > lifespan

> > > > > than

> > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference between

> a

> > > ripe

> > > > > and

> > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a

> unripe

> > > > bead,

> > > > > is it

> > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the

> bead

> > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is

fully

> > > ripen

> > > > > on the

> > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit? Ideally,

I

> > > guess

> > > > > the

> > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to

> show

> > the

> > > > > bead is

> > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows.

> Tryit

> > > now.

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For

> Good

> > this month.

> > >

> >

>

If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta of Rudra

Center. Y/s, R

Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from any

of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha

retailers/wholesalers, I

I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads

on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the

beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more

mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim that

beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside is

not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead should

be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds inside

to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the

bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully developed

seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make

them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a

ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter

color/weight is true.

Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is

higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries, the

moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time become

lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead darker

and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since

oil is always floating on water?

More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is ripe,

the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the

natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one is

buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was

taken from a a ripen fruit?

Thanks,

Ole

sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear friend

>

> it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there are

> very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which are

> ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller when

> these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old and

> have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most new

> freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the customers

> are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a

> genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who

> wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine

> rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention an

> exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in

water.

>

> due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms etc.,

> many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating

as

> they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from

> infestation.

>

> products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological threats

> and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at

home,

> you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold

> storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank

them

> for making available to the products even in unseason. when the

holy

> rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being eaten

> by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information on

> how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they

undergo,

> it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.

>

> many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from

tulasi,

> bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the sellers

> are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and

> committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by

buying

> the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

>

> a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any

> product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the processes

> that the product went through before it reached his hands. genuine

> sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes as

> there is no cheating involved.

>

> pandit arjun

>

> sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

> <satyadharma@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear Sirs,

> >

> > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and

soaked

> > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature ripen

> > beads, it is all cheating??

> >

> > Thanking you,

> >

> > Satyadharma

> >

> > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > >

> > > dear friend ole

> > >

> > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while

> > making

> > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

> > >

> > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have

> > seen

> > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be

> > cleared

> > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need

to

> > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers

> and

> > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on

all

> > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a

conclusive

> > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in

my

> > > limited knowledge.

> > >

> > > pandit arjun

> > > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > > wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > >

> > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much

> your

> > > honesty and integrity in making this information available here

> in

> > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any

other

> > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute

the

> > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

> > accurate.

> > > I find it important that this information is made available to

> the

> > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the

> > word

> > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is

going

> > on,

> > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is

not

> > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in

> the

> > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it,

> > this

> > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent

> > years.

> > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear

> > more

> > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course

has

> > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo

of

> > > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > > >

> > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is

> > loose

> > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I

have

> > seen

> > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is

> > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole

inside

> > is

> > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the

> > ends,

> > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I

> > have

> > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

> > > >

> > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which

> can

> > be

> > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have

> > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill

> > > machine to remove.

> > > >

> > > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > > >

> > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha

> > fruit

> > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be

ripe,

> > I

> > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be

interesting

> > to

> > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> > > >

> > > > Many Thanks,

> > > >

> > > > Ole

> > > >

> > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > dear friend ole

> > > >

> > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

> > > answered

> > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in

fact

> > the

> > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all

> > > soaked

> > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher

> > mukhi

> > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> > protecting

> > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.

> > > >

> > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the

> > > product

> > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the

farmer

> > > front

> > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are

> > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe

> > beads

> > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher

> prices.

> > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha

before

> > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the

> > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved.

> > these

> > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries

> and

> > if

> > > i

> > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even

> > when

> > > i

> > > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > > >

> > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get

> > the

> > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot

> > call

> > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant

> > even

> > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to

> live

> > > with

> > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

> > > >

> > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and

> are

> > > not

> > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally

on

> > the

> > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.

and

> > the

> > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he

> > plucks

> > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and

sell.

> > do

> > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > > >

> > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a

rudraksha

> > > shall

> > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let

that

> > be

> > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell

it

> > as

> > > it

> > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > > >

> > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens

> at

> > > the

> > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer

have

> > no

> > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe

rudraksha

> > and

> > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at

> > all

> > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth

that

> a

> > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > > >

> > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert

researchers

> > as

> > > to

> > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.

> > > >

> > > > pandit arjun

> > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > >

> > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2

> > months

> > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called

cheating,

> > > trying

> > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked

> for

> > a

> > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for

> > some

> > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken

> quite

> > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts

> in

> > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available

> only

> > in

> > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really

understand

> > your

> > > > reasoning?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > Ole

> > > > >

> > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > >

> > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is

true

> > that

> > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also

float

> > in

> > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil

> and

> > > keep

> > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become

old

> > and

> > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

> > synonymous

> > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for

> the

> > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is

no

> > > > secret

> > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few

> > months.

> > > > >

> > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and

other

> > > > members

> > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > > >

> > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

> > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any

response

> > so

> > > > far.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

> > welcome.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal

starts

> > in

> > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their

> > beads

> > > > too

> > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened

beads

> > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

<alstrup@>

> > > wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power

and

> > > > lifespan

> > > > > > than

> > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference

between

> > a

> > > > ripe

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a

> > unripe

> > > > > bead,

> > > > > > is it

> > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the

> > bead

> > > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is

> fully

> > > > ripen

> > > > > > on the

> > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?

Ideally,

> I

> > > > guess

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to

> > show

> > > the

> > > > > > bead is

> > > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows.

> > Tryit

> > > > now.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For

> > Good

> > > this month.

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

Dear Richard,

Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional

questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked

aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs

unriped beads is mentioned in " Power of Rudraksha " by the founder of

Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate

Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained

the best beads from her so far.

Thanks,

Ole

>

> If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta

of Rudra Center. Y/s, R

>

> Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from

any

> of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha

> retailers/wholesalers, I

> I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads

> on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the

> beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more

> mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim

that

> beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside

is

> not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead

should

> be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds

inside

> to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the

> bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully

developed

> seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make

> them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a

> ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter

> color/weight is true.

> Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is

> higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries,

the

> moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time

become

> lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead

darker

> and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since

> oil is always floating on water?

> More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is

ripe,

> the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the

> natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one

is

> buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was

> taken from a a ripen fruit?

>

> Thanks,

>

> Ole

>

> sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> >

> > dear friend

> >

> > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there

are

> > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which

are

> > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller

when

> > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old

and

> > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most

new

> > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the

customers

> > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a

> > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who

> > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine

> > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention

an

> > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in

> water.

> >

> > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms

etc.,

> > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating

> as

> > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from

> > infestation.

> >

> > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological

threats

> > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at

> home,

> > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold

> > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank

> them

> > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the

> holy

> > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being

eaten

> > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information

on

> > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they

> undergo,

> > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.

> >

> > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from

> tulasi,

> > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the

sellers

> > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and

> > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by

> buying

> > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

> >

> > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any

> > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the

processes

> > that the product went through before it reached his hands.

genuine

> > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes

as

> > there is no cheating involved.

> >

> > pandit arjun

> >

> > sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

> > <satyadharma@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Dear Sirs,

> > >

> > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and

> soaked

> > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature

ripen

> > > beads, it is all cheating??

> > >

> > > Thanking you,

> > >

> > > Satyadharma

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > dear friend ole

> > > >

> > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while

> > > making

> > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

> > > >

> > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and

have

> > > seen

> > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be

> > > cleared

> > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we

need

> to

> > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if

wholesellers

> > and

> > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on

> all

> > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a

> conclusive

> > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in

> my

> > > > limited knowledge.

> > > >

> > > > pandit arjun

> > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > > > wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > >

> > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much

> > your

> > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available

here

> > in

> > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any

> other

> > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute

> the

> > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

> > > accurate.

> > > > I find it important that this information is made available

to

> > the

> > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d)

the

> > > word

> > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is

> going

> > > on,

> > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is

> not

> > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on

in

> > the

> > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand

it,

> > > this

> > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent

> > > years.

> > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them

appear

> > > more

> > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course

> has

> > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen

photo

> of

> > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > > > >

> > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there

is

> > > loose

> > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I

> have

> > > seen

> > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This

is

> > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole

> inside

> > > is

> > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of

the

> > > ends,

> > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with

this I

> > > have

> > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

> > > > >

> > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole

which

> > can

> > > be

> > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which

have

> > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need

drill

> > > > machine to remove.

> > > > >

> > > > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > > > >

> > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha

> > > fruit

> > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be

> ripe,

> > > I

> > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be

> interesting

> > > to

> > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> > > > >

> > > > > Many Thanks,

> > > > >

> > > > > Ole

> > > > >

> > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

> > > > answered

> > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in

> fact

> > > the

> > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are

all

> > > > soaked

> > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their

higher

> > > mukhi

> > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> > > protecting

> > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink

etc.

> > > > >

> > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of

the

> > > > product

> > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the

> farmer

> > > > front

> > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers

are

> > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh

unripe

> > > beads

> > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher

> > prices.

> > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha

> before

> > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with

the

> > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating

involved.

> > > these

> > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to

queries

> > and

> > > if

> > > > i

> > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating

even

> > > when

> > > > i

> > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > > > >

> > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they

get

> > > the

> > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we

cannot

> > > call

> > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a

pendant

> > > even

> > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to

> > live

> > > > with

> > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

> > > > >

> > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees

and

> > are

> > > > not

> > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened

naturally

> on

> > > the

> > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.

> and

> > > the

> > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he

> > > plucks

> > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and

> sell.

> > > do

> > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > > > >

> > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a

> rudraksha

> > > > shall

> > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let

> that

> > > be

> > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and

sell

> it

> > > as

> > > > it

> > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > > > >

> > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening

happens

> > at

> > > > the

> > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer

> have

> > > no

> > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe

> rudraksha

> > > and

> > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it

at

> > > all

> > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth

> that

> > a

> > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > > > >

> > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert

> researchers

> > > as

> > > > to

> > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the

rudraksha.

> > > > >

> > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

<alstrup@>

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2

> > > months

> > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called

> cheating,

> > > > trying

> > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are

soaked

> > for

> > > a

> > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking

for

> > > some

> > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken

> > quite

> > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season

starts

> > in

> > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available

> > only

> > > in

> > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really

> understand

> > > your

> > > > > reasoning?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > Ole

> > > > > >

> > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > >

> > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is

> true

> > > that

> > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also

> float

> > > in

> > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in

oil

> > and

> > > > keep

> > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become

> old

> > > and

> > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

> > > synonymous

> > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits

for

> > the

> > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this

is

> no

> > > > > secret

> > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for

few

> > > months.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and

> other

> > > > > members

> > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

<alstrup@>

> > > wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any

> response

> > > so

> > > > > far.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

> > > welcome.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal

> starts

> > > in

> > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest

their

> > > beads

> > > > > too

> > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened

> beads

> > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> <alstrup@>

> > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power

> and

> > > > > lifespan

> > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference

> between

> > > a

> > > > > ripe

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a

> > > unripe

> > > > > > bead,

> > > > > > > is it

> > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of

the

> > > bead

> > > > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is

> > fully

> > > > > ripen

> > > > > > > on the

> > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?

> Ideally,

> > I

> > > > > guess

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature

to

> > > show

> > > > the

> > > > > > > bead is

> > > > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who

knows.

> > > Tryit

> > > > > now.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit

For

> > > Good

> > > > this month.

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were not harvested unripe and oiled like most others?

If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but found on the ground after falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the Kauai Hindu Monastery. Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop you must move the mouse over to "Publications" and then click on "Store".

Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to either:

http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442 or

http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5

I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there, many years back. Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still cleaned meticulously, and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if they are soaked. One could easily call or email and ask.

The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some of these issues, as well as sharing some nice information.

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip

BOM BOM BHOLE!

Surya

-

alstrup

sacred-objects

Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM

Dear Richard,Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs unriped beads is mentioned in "Power of Rudraksha" by the founder of Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained the best beads from her so far.Thanks,Olesacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup wrote:>> If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta of Rudra Center. Y/s, R> > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from any> of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha> retailers/wholesalers, I> I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads> on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the> beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more> mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim that> beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside is> not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead should> be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds inside> to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the> bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully developed> seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make> them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a> ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter> color/weight is true.> Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is> higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries, the> moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time become> lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead darker> and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since> oil is always floating on water?> More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is ripe,> the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the> natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one is> buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was> taken from a a ripen fruit?> > Thanks,> > Ole> > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> >> > dear friend> >> > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there are> > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which are> > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller when> > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old and> > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most new> > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the customers> > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a> > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who> > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine> > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention an> > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in> water.> >> > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms etc.,> > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating> as> > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from> > infestation.> >> > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological threats> > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at> home,> > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold> > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank> them> > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the> holy> > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being eaten> > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information on> > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they> undergo,> > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.> >> > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from> tulasi,> > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the sellers> > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and> > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by> buying> > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.> >> > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any> > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the processes> > that the product went through before it reached his hands. genuine> > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes as> > there is no cheating involved.> >> > with best wishes and blessings> > pandit arjun> > www.rudraksharemedy.com> >> > sacred-objects , "rudraksha67"> > <satyadharma@> wrote:> > >> > > Dear Sirs,> > >> > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and> soaked> > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature ripen> > > beads, it is all cheating??> > >> > > Thanking you,> > >> > > Satyadharma> > >> > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > >> > > > dear friend ole> > > >> > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while> > > making> > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.> > > >> > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and have> > > seen> > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be> > > cleared> > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we need> to> > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if wholesellers> > and> > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on> all> > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a> conclusive> > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in> my> > > > limited knowledge.> > > >> > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > pandit arjun> > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com> > > >> > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>> > > > wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > >> > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much> > your> > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available here> > in> > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any> other> > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute> the> > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is> > > accurate.> > > > I find it important that this information is made available to> > the> > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) the> > > word> > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is> going> > > on,> > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is> not> > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on in> > the> > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand it,> > > this> > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent> > > years.> > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them appear> > > more> > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course> has> > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a> > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen photo> of> > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.> > > > >> > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there is> > > loose> > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I> have> > > seen> > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This is> > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole> inside> > > is> > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of the> > > ends,> > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with this I> > > have> > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:> > > > >> > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole which> > can> > > be> > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which have> > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need drill> > > > machine to remove.> > > > >> > > > > Is the above statement true or false?> > > > >> > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha> > > fruit> > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be> ripe,> > > I> > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be> interesting> > > to> > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.> > > > >> > > > > Many Thanks,> > > > >> > > > > Ole> > > > >> > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > dear friend ole> > > > >> > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not> > > > answered> > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in> fact> > > the> > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are all> > > > soaked> > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their higher> > > mukhi> > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like> > > protecting> > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink etc.> > > > >> > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of the> > > > product> > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the> farmer> > > > front> > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers are> > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh unripe> > > beads> > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher> > prices.> > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha> before> > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with the> > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating involved.> > > these> > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to queries> > and> > > if> > > > i> > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating even> > > when> > > > i> > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.> > > > >> > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they get> > > the> > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we cannot> > > call> > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a pendant> > > even> > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to> > live> > > > with> > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.> > > > >> > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees and> > are> > > > not> > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened naturally> on> > > the> > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.> and> > > the> > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he> > > plucks> > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and> sell.> > > do> > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > > > >> > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a> rudraksha> > > > shall> > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let> that> > > be> > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and sell> it> > > as> > > > it> > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > > > >> > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening happens> > at> > > > the> > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer> have> > > no> > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe> rudraksha> > > and> > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it at> > > all> > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth> that> > a> > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > > > >> > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert> researchers> > > as> > > > to> > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the rudraksha.> > > > >> > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > >> > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > >> > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2> > > months> > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called> cheating,> > > > trying> > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are soaked> > for> > > a> > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking for> > > some> > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken> > quite> > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season starts> > in> > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available> > only> > > in> > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really> understand> > > your> > > > > reasoning?> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > Ole> > > > > >> > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > >> > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is> true> > > that> > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also> float> > > in> > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in oil> > and> > > > keep> > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become> old> > > and> > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be> > > synonymous> > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits for> > the> > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this is> no> > > > > secret> > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for few> > > months.> > > > > >> > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and> other> > > > > members> > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > > >> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > >> > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@>> > > wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any> response> > > so> > > > > far.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very> > > welcome.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal> starts> > > in> > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest their> > > beads> > > > > too> > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened> beads> > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> <alstrup@>> > > > wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power> and> > > > > lifespan> > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference> between> > > a> > > > > ripe> > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a> > > unripe> > > > > > bead,> > > > > > > is it> > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of the> > > bead> > > > > > > chambers?> > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is> > fully> > > > > ripen> > > > > > > on the> > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?> Ideally,> > I> > > > > guess> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature to> > > show> > > > the> > > > > > > bead is> > > > > > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows.> > > Tryit> > > > > now.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > >> > > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit For> > > Good> > > > this month.> > > > >> > > >> > >> >>

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM

BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND " DRY " .

sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni wrote:

>

> So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were not

harvested

unripe and oiled like most others?

>

> If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but found on the

ground after

falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the Kauai Hindu

Monastery.

Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop you must move

the

mouse over to " Publications " and then click on " Store " .

>

> Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to either:

>

> http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442 or

>

> http://www.minimela.com/index.php?

main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5

>

> I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there, many years

back.

Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still cleaned

meticulously,

and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if they are

soaked. One

could easily call or email and ask.

>

> The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some of these

issues, as well

as sharing some nice information.

>

> http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/

Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip

>

> BOM BOM BHOLE!

>

> Surya

> -

> alstrup

> sacred-objects

> Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM

> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

>

>

> Dear Richard,

>

> Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional

> questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked

> aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs

> unriped beads is mentioned in " Power of Rudraksha " by the founder of

> Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate

> Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained

> the best beads from her so far.

>

> Thanks,

>

> Ole

>

> >

> > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta

> of Rudra Center. Y/s, R

> >

> > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from

> any

> > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha

> > retailers/wholesalers, I

> > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads

> > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the

> > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more

> > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim

> that

> > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside

> is

> > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead

> should

> > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds

> inside

> > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the

> > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully

> developed

> > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make

> > them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a

> > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter

> > color/weight is true.

> > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is

> > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries,

> the

> > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time

> become

> > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead

> darker

> > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since

> > oil is always floating on water?

> > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is

> ripe,

> > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the

> > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one

> is

> > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was

> > taken from a a ripen fruit?

> >

> > Thanks,

> >

> > Ole

> >

> > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > >

> > > dear friend

> > >

> > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there

> are

> > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which

> are

> > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller

> when

> > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old

> and

> > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most

> new

> > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the

> customers

> > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a

> > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who

> > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine

> > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention

> an

> > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in

> > water.

> > >

> > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms

> etc.,

> > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating

> > as

> > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from

> > > infestation.

> > >

> > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological

> threats

> > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at

> > home,

> > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold

> > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank

> > them

> > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the

> > holy

> > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being

> eaten

> > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information

> on

> > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they

> > undergo,

> > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.

> > >

> > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from

> > tulasi,

> > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the

> sellers

> > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and

> > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by

> > buying

> > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

> > >

> > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any

> > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the

> processes

> > > that the product went through before it reached his hands.

> genuine

> > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes

> as

> > > there is no cheating involved.

> > >

> > > pandit arjun

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

> > > <satyadharma@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > Dear Sirs,

> > > >

> > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and

> > soaked

> > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature

> ripen

> > > > beads, it is all cheating??

> > > >

> > > > Thanking you,

> > > >

> > > > Satyadharma

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > >

> > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while

> > > > making

> > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

> > > > >

> > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and

> have

> > > > seen

> > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be

> > > > cleared

> > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we

> need

> > to

> > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if

> wholesellers

> > > and

> > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on

> > all

> > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a

> > conclusive

> > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in

> > my

> > > > > limited knowledge.

> > > > >

> > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much

> > > your

> > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available

> here

> > > in

> > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any

> > other

> > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute

> > the

> > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

> > > > accurate.

> > > > > I find it important that this information is made available

> to

> > > the

> > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d)

> the

> > > > word

> > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is

> > going

> > > > on,

> > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is

> > not

> > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on

> in

> > > the

> > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand

> it,

> > > > this

> > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent

> > > > years.

> > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them

> appear

> > > > more

> > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course

> > has

> > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen

> photo

> > of

> > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there

> is

> > > > loose

> > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I

> > have

> > > > seen

> > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This

> is

> > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole

> > inside

> > > > is

> > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of

> the

> > > > ends,

> > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with

> this I

> > > > have

> > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole

> which

> > > can

> > > > be

> > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which

> have

> > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need

> drill

> > > > > machine to remove.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > > > > >

> > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha

> > > > fruit

> > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be

> > ripe,

> > > > I

> > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be

> > interesting

> > > > to

> > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Many Thanks,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Ole

> > > > > >

> > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > >

> > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not

> > > > > answered

> > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in

> > fact

> > > > the

> > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are

> all

> > > > > soaked

> > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their

> higher

> > > > mukhi

> > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> > > > protecting

> > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink

> etc.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of

> the

> > > > > product

> > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the

> > farmer

> > > > > front

> > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers

> are

> > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh

> unripe

> > > > beads

> > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher

> > > prices.

> > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha

> > before

> > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with

> the

> > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating

> involved.

> > > > these

> > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to

> queries

> > > and

> > > > if

> > > > > i

> > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating

> even

> > > > when

> > > > > i

> > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they

> get

> > > > the

> > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we

> cannot

> > > > call

> > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a

> pendant

> > > > even

> > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to

> > > live

> > > > > with

> > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees

> and

> > > are

> > > > > not

> > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened

> naturally

> > on

> > > > the

> > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.

> > and

> > > > the

> > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he

> > > > plucks

> > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and

> > sell.

> > > > do

> > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a

> > rudraksha

> > > > > shall

> > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let

> > that

> > > > be

> > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and

> sell

> > it

> > > > as

> > > > > it

> > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening

> happens

> > > at

> > > > > the

> > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer

> > have

> > > > no

> > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe

> > rudraksha

> > > > and

> > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it

> at

> > > > all

> > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth

> > that

> > > a

> > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert

> > researchers

> > > > as

> > > > > to

> > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the

> rudraksha.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

> <alstrup@>

> > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2

> > > > months

> > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called

> > cheating,

> > > > > trying

> > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are

> soaked

> > > for

> > > > a

> > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking

> for

> > > > some

> > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken

> > > quite

> > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season

> starts

> > > in

> > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available

> > > only

> > > > in

> > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really

> > understand

> > > > your

> > > > > > reasoning?

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > Ole

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is

> > true

> > > > that

> > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also

> > float

> > > > in

> > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in

> oil

> > > and

> > > > > keep

> > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become

> > old

> > > > and

> > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

> > > > synonymous

> > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits

> for

> > > the

> > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this

> is

> > no

> > > > > > secret

> > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for

> few

> > > > months.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and

> > other

> > > > > > members

> > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> <alstrup@>

> > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any

> > response

> > > > so

> > > > > > far.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

> > > > welcome.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal

> > starts

> > > > in

> > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest

> their

> > > > beads

> > > > > > too

> > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened

> > beads

> > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> > <alstrup@>

> > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power

> > and

> > > > > > lifespan

> > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference

> > between

> > > > a

> > > > > > ripe

> > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a

> > > > unripe

> > > > > > > bead,

> > > > > > > > is it

> > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of

> the

> > > > bead

> > > > > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is

> > > fully

> > > > > > ripen

> > > > > > > > on the

> > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?

> > Ideally,

> > > I

> > > > > > guess

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature

> to

> > > > show

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > bead is

> > > > > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who

> knows.

> > > > Tryit

> > > > > > now.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit

> For

> > > > Good

> > > > > this month.

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

----------

--

>

>

>

>

> Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007

4:29 PM

>

Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.

Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from a dealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way. But these are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so initially all are treated similiarly.

Surya

-

Richard Shaw-Brown

sacred-objects

Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM

BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND "DRY".sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni wrote:>> So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were not harvested unripe and oiled like most others?> > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but found on the ground after falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the Kauai Hindu Monastery. Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop you must move the mouse over to "Publications" and then click on "Store".> > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to either:> > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442 or> > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5> > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there, many years back. Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still cleaned meticulously, and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if they are soaked. One could easily call or email and ask.> > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some of these issues, as well as sharing some nice information. > > http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip> > BOM BOM BHOLE!> > Surya> - > alstrup > sacred-objects > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > > Dear Richard,> > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional > questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs > unriped beads is mentioned in "Power of Rudraksha" by the founder of > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained > the best beads from her so far.> > Thanks,> > Ole> > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> >> > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R> > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from > any> > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha> > retailers/wholesalers, I> > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads> > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the> > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more> > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim > that> > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside > is> > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead > should> > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds > inside> > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the> > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully > developed> > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make> > them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a> > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter> > color/weight is true.> > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is> > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries, > the> > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time > become> > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead > darker> > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since> > oil is always floating on water?> > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is > ripe,> > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the> > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one > is> > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was> > taken from a a ripen fruit?> > > > Thanks,> > > > Ole> > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > >> > > dear friend> > >> > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there > are> > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which > are> > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller > when> > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old > and> > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most > new> > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the > customers> > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a> > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who> > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine> > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention > an> > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in> > water.> > >> > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms > etc.,> > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating> > as> > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from> > > infestation.> > >> > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological > threats> > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at> > home,> > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold> > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank> > them> > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the> > holy> > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being > eaten> > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information > on> > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they> > undergo,> > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.> > >> > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from> > tulasi,> > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the > sellers> > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and> > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by> > buying> > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.> > >> > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any> > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the > processes> > > that the product went through before it reached his hands. > genuine> > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes > as> > > there is no cheating involved.> > >> > > with best wishes and blessings> > > pandit arjun> > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > >> > > sacred-objects , "rudraksha67"> > > <satyadharma@> wrote:> > > >> > > > Dear Sirs,> > > >> > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and> > soaked> > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature > ripen> > > > beads, it is all cheating??> > > >> > > > Thanking you,> > > >> > > > Satyadharma> > > >> > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > dear friend ole> > > > >> > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while> > > > making> > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.> > > > >> > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and > have> > > > seen> > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be> > > > cleared> > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we > need> > to> > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if > wholesellers> > > and> > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on> > all> > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a> > conclusive> > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in> > my> > > > > limited knowledge.> > > > >> > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com> > > > >> > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > >> > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much> > > your> > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available > here> > > in> > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any> > other> > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute> > the> > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is> > > > accurate.> > > > > I find it important that this information is made available > to> > > the> > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) > the> > > > word> > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is> > going> > > > on,> > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is> > not> > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on > in> > > the> > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand > it,> > > > this> > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent> > > > years.> > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them > appear> > > > more> > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course> > has> > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a> > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen > photo> > of> > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.> > > > > >> > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there > is> > > > loose> > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I> > have> > > > seen> > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This > is> > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole> > inside> > > > is> > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of > the> > > > ends,> > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with > this I> > > > have> > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:> > > > > >> > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole > which> > > can> > > > be> > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which > have> > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need > drill> > > > > machine to remove.> > > > > >> > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?> > > > > >> > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha> > > > fruit> > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be> > ripe,> > > > I> > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be> > interesting> > > > to> > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.> > > > > >> > > > > > Many Thanks,> > > > > >> > > > > > Ole> > > > > >> > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > >> > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not> > > > > answered> > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in> > fact> > > > the> > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are > all> > > > > soaked> > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their > higher> > > > mukhi> > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like> > > > protecting> > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink > etc.> > > > > >> > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of > the> > > > > product> > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the> > farmer> > > > > front> > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers > are> > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh > unripe> > > > beads> > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher> > > prices.> > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha> > before> > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with > the> > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating > involved.> > > > these> > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to > queries> > > and> > > > if> > > > > i> > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating > even> > > > when> > > > > i> > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.> > > > > >> > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they > get> > > > the> > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we > cannot> > > > call> > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a > pendant> > > > even> > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to> > > live> > > > > with> > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.> > > > > >> > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees > and> > > are> > > > > not> > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened > naturally> > on> > > > the> > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.> > and> > > > the> > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he> > > > plucks> > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and> > sell.> > > > do> > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > > > > >> > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a> > rudraksha> > > > > shall> > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let> > that> > > > be> > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and > sell> > it> > > > as> > > > > it> > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > > > > >> > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening > happens> > > at> > > > > the> > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer> > have> > > > no> > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe> > rudraksha> > > > and> > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it > at> > > > all> > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth> > that> > > a> > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > > > > >> > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert> > researchers> > > > as> > > > > to> > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the > rudraksha.> > > > > >> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > >> > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup > <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2> > > > months> > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called> > cheating,> > > > > trying> > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are > soaked> > > for> > > > a> > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking > for> > > > some> > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken> > > quite> > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season > starts> > > in> > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available> > > only> > > > in> > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really> > understand> > > > your> > > > > > reasoning?> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is> > true> > > > that> > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also> > float> > > > in> > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in > oil> > > and> > > > > keep> > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become> > old> > > > and> > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be> > > > synonymous> > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits > for> > > the> > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this > is> > no> > > > > > secret> > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for > few> > > > months.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and> > other> > > > > > members> > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" > <alstrup@>> > > > wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any> > response> > > > so> > > > > > far.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very> > > > welcome.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal> > starts> > > > in> > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest > their> > > > beads> > > > > > too> > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened> > beads> > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> > <alstrup@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power> > and> > > > > > lifespan> > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference> > between> > > > a> > > > > > ripe> > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a> > > > unripe> > > > > > > bead,> > > > > > > > is it> > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of > the> > > > bead> > > > > > > > chambers?> > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is> > > fully> > > > > > ripen> > > > > > > > on the> > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?> > Ideally,> > > I> > > > > > guess> > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature > to> > > > show> > > > > the> > > > > > > > bead is> > > > > > > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who > knows.> > > > Tryit> > > > > > now.> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit > For> > > > Good> > > > > this month.> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> >> > > > > > > ---------------------------> > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM>

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM