IndiaDivine.org

Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info

Rate this topic

Guest guest

I have obtained some info from a respected wholesaler in Nepal:

Most rudraksha especially higher mukhis ( 17 and above) are 60% harvested early from unripe fruits as they can be recognized from a distance on the tree so early early harvesting is basically to avoid loss from theft.

None of the genuine suppliers or retailers use oil as lighter bead change color (become black) very fast and there is no market for such bead, if somebody puts oil on unripe bead it will only change color, it won't effect the weight.

If beads are left in the tree and fall off naturally due to completely ripening then bead can get a crack on the natural hole side so they are harvested when they become blue in color.

An unripe bead will fly if you breathe in front of it, unripe beads on the market are semi ripen bead, that is the reason why it looks ripe when oil is put on it.

If unripe fruit is harvested, bead will become light weight and even size of bead will shrink. No one can make a light weight bead heavy except where cheaters put lead (glass) inside to make them heavy.

Once an unripe bead is plugged it won't get heavy.

A natural hole formed at the moment bead can be seen on the tree, no matter the color, every naturally developed bead will have a natural hole.

~ Ole Alstrup

sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni wrote:>> Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.> > Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from a dealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way. But these are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so initially all are treated similiarly.> > Surya> - > Richard Shaw-Brown > sacred-objects > Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > > BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND "DRY".> > sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" mahamuni@ wrote:> >> > So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were not harvested > unripe and oiled like most others?> > > > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but found on the ground after > falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the Kauai Hindu Monastery. > Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop you must move the > mouse over to "Publications" and then click on "Store".> > > > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to either:> > > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442 or> > > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?> main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5> > > > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there, many years back. > Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still cleaned meticulously, > and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if they are soaked. One > could easily call or email and ask.> > > > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some of these issues, as well > as sharing some nice information. > > > > http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/> Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip> > > > BOM BOM BHOLE!> > > > Surya> > - > > alstrup > > sacred-objects > > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM> > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > > > > > Dear Richard,> > > > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional > > questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked > > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs > > unriped beads is mentioned in "Power of Rudraksha" by the founder of > > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate > > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained > > the best beads from her so far.> > > > Thanks,> > > > Ole> > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > >> > > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta > > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R> > > > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from > > any> > > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha> > > retailers/wholesalers, I> > > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads> > > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the> > > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more> > > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim > > that> > > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside > > is> > > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead > > should> > > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds > > inside> > > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the> > > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully > > developed> > > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make> > > them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a> > > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter> > > color/weight is true.> > > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is> > > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries, > > the> > > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time > > become> > > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead > > darker> > > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since> > > oil is always floating on water?> > > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is > > ripe,> > > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the> > > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one > > is> > > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was> > > taken from a a ripen fruit?> > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > Ole> > > > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > >> > > > dear friend> > > >> > > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there > > are> > > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which > > are> > > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller > > when> > > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old > > and> > > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most > > new> > > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the > > customers> > > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a> > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who> > > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine> > > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention > > an> > > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in> > > water.> > > >> > > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms > > etc.,> > > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating> > > as> > > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from> > > > infestation.> > > >> > > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological > > threats> > > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at> > > home,> > > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold> > > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank> > > them> > > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the> > > holy> > > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being > > eaten> > > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information > > on> > > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they> > > undergo,> > > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.> > > >> > > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from> > > tulasi,> > > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the > > sellers> > > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and> > > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by> > > buying> > > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.> > > >> > > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any> > > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the > > processes> > > > that the product went through before it reached his hands. > > genuine> > > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes > > as> > > > there is no cheating involved.> > > >> > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > pandit arjun> > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > >> > > > sacred-objects , "rudraksha67"> > > > <satyadharma@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sirs,> > > > >> > > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and> > > soaked> > > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature > > ripen> > > > > beads, it is all cheating??> > > > >> > > > > Thanking you,> > > > >> > > > > Satyadharma> > > > >> > > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > >> > > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while> > > > > making> > > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.> > > > > >> > > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and > > have> > > > > seen> > > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be> > > > > cleared> > > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we > > need> > > to> > > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if > > wholesellers> > > > and> > > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on> > > all> > > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a> > > conclusive> > > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in> > > my> > > > > > limited knowledge.> > > > > >> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com> > > > > >> > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much> > > > your> > > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available > > here> > > > in> > > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any> > > other> > > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute> > > the> > > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is> > > > > accurate.> > > > > > I find it important that this information is made available > > to> > > > the> > > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) > > the> > > > > word> > > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is> > > going> > > > > on,> > > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is> > > not> > > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on > > in> > > > the> > > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand > > it,> > > > > this> > > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent> > > > > years.> > > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them > > appear> > > > > more> > > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course> > > has> > > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a> > > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen > > photo> > > of> > > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there > > is> > > > > loose> > > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I> > > have> > > > > seen> > > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This > > is> > > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole> > > inside> > > > > is> > > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of > > the> > > > > ends,> > > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with > > this I> > > > > have> > > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole > > which> > > > can> > > > > be> > > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which > > have> > > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need > > drill> > > > > > machine to remove.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha> > > > > fruit> > > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be> > > ripe,> > > > > I> > > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be> > > interesting> > > > > to> > > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Many Thanks,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not> > > > > > answered> > > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in> > > fact> > > > > the> > > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are > > all> > > > > > soaked> > > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their > > higher> > > > > mukhi> > > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like> > > > > protecting> > > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink > > etc.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of > > the> > > > > > product> > > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the> > > farmer> > > > > > front> > > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers > > are> > > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh > > unripe> > > > > beads> > > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher> > > > prices.> > > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha> > > before> > > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with > > the> > > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating > > involved.> > > > > these> > > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to > > queries> > > > and> > > > > if> > > > > > i> > > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating > > even> > > > > when> > > > > > i> > > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they > > get> > > > > the> > > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we > > cannot> > > > > call> > > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a > > pendant> > > > > even> > > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to> > > > live> > > > > > with> > > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees > > and> > > > are> > > > > > not> > > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened > > naturally> > > on> > > > > the> > > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.> > > and> > > > > the> > > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he> > > > > plucks> > > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and> > > sell.> > > > > do> > > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a> > > rudraksha> > > > > > shall> > > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let> > > that> > > > > be> > > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and > > sell> > > it> > > > > as> > > > > > it> > > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening > > happens> > > > at> > > > > > the> > > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer> > > have> > > > > no> > > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe> > > rudraksha> > > > > and> > > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it > > at> > > > > all> > > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth> > > that> > > > a> > > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert> > > researchers> > > > > as> > > > > > to> > > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the > > rudraksha.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2> > > > > months> > > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called> > > cheating,> > > > > > trying> > > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are > > soaked> > > > for> > > > > a> > > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking > > for> > > > > some> > > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken> > > > quite> > > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season > > starts> > > > in> > > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available> > > > only> > > > > in> > > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really> > > understand> > > > > your> > > > > > > reasoning?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is> > > true> > > > > that> > > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also> > > float> > > > > in> > > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in > > oil> > > > and> > > > > > keep> > > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become> > > old> > > > > and> > > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be> > > > > synonymous> > > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits > > for> > > > the> > > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this > > is> > > no> > > > > > > secret> > > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for > > few> > > > > months.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and> > > other> > > > > > > members> > > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" > > <alstrup@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any> > > response> > > > > so> > > > > > > far.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very> > > > > welcome.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal> > > starts> > > > > in> > > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest > > their> > > > > beads> > > > > > > too> > > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened> > > beads> > > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power> > > and> > > > > > > lifespan> > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference> > > between> > > > > a> > > > > > > ripe> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a> > > > > unripe> > > > > > > > bead,> > > > > > > > > is it> > > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of > > the> > > > > bead> > > > > > > > > chambers?> > > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is> > > > fully> > > > > > > ripen> > > > > > > > > on the> > > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?> > > Ideally,> > > > I> > > > > > > guess> > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature > > to> > > > > show> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > bead is> > > > > > > > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who > > knows.> > > > > Tryit> > > > > > > now.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit > > For> > > > > Good> > > > > > this month.> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> --> > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM> >> > > > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM>

Namaste Ole,

Thanks for sharing this. It would be better if you would name the source of your info.

If you read the info carefully, some of it seems a bit contradictory. Your source says 60% of the higher muhki beads are harvested early from unripe fruits, yet later says unripe beads will fly if you breathe on it and that beads from unripe fruit will become lightweight and even the size will shrink. So how do higher muhki beads overcome this extreme lightweightness without being oiled?

Also my experience is that oiling of beads certainly does not make them black. I have oiled many of mine plenty. Even soaked them for days without them changing color. Also it seems that most rudraksha are dyed, though the high price single collector beads might escape most of this.

BOM!

Surya

-

alstrup

sacred-objects

Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:15 PM

Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info

I have obtained some info from a respected wholesaler in Nepal:

Most rudraksha especially higher mukhis ( 17 and above) are 60% harvested early from unripe fruits as they can be recognized from a distance on the tree so early early harvesting is basically to avoid loss from theft. None of the genuine suppliers or retailers use oil as lighter bead change color (become black) very fast and there is no market for such bead, if somebody puts oil on unripe bead it will only change color, it won't effect the weight. If beads are left in the tree and fall off naturally due to completely ripening then bead can get a crack on the natural hole side so they are harvested when they become blue in color. An unripe bead will fly if you breathe in front of it, unripe beads on the market are semi ripen bead, that is the reason why it looks ripe when oil is put on it. If unripe fruit is harvested, bead will become light weight and even size of bead will shrink. No one can make a light weight bead heavy except where cheaters put lead (glass) inside to make them heavy. Once an unripe bead is plugged it won't get heavy. A natural hole formed at the moment bead can be seen on the tree, no matter the color, every naturally developed bead will have a natural hole.

~ Ole Alstrup

sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuni wrote:>> Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.> > Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from a dealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way. But these are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so initially all are treated similiarly.> > Surya> - > Richard Shaw-Brown > sacred-objects > Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > > BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND "DRY".> > sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" mahamuni@ wrote:> >> > So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were not harvested > unripe and oiled like most others?> > > > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but found on the ground after > falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the Kauai Hindu Monastery. > Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop you must move the > mouse over to "Publications" and then click on "Store".> > > > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to either:> > > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442 or> > > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?> main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5> > > > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there, many years back. > Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still cleaned meticulously, > and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if they are soaked. One > could easily call or email and ask.> > > > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some of these issues, as well > as sharing some nice information. > > > > http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/> Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip> > > > BOM BOM BHOLE!> > > > Surya> > - > > alstrup > > sacred-objects > > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM> > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > > > > > Dear Richard,> > > > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional > > questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked > > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs > > unriped beads is mentioned in "Power of Rudraksha" by the founder of > > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate > > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have obtained > > the best beads from her so far.> > > > Thanks,> > > > Ole> > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > >> > > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms Neeta > > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R> > > > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from > > any> > > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha> > > retailers/wholesalers, I> > > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha beads> > > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and the> > > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear more> > > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim > > that> > > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds inside > > is> > > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead > > should> > > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds > > inside> > > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of the> > > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully > > developed> > > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will make> > > them darker and superficially make them look like they were from a> > > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter> > > color/weight is true.> > > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is> > > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally dries, > > the> > > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time > > become> > > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead > > darker> > > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink, since> > > oil is always floating on water?> > > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is > > ripe,> > > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that the> > > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if one > > is> > > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead was> > > taken from a a ripen fruit?> > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > Ole> > > > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > >> > > > dear friend> > > >> > > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there > > are> > > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads which > > are> > > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller > > when> > > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old > > and> > > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most > > new> > > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the > > customers> > > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth that a> > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people who> > > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine> > > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely mention > > an> > > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink in> > > water.> > > >> > > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms > > etc.,> > > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to cheating> > > as> > > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from> > > > infestation.> > > >> > > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological > > threats> > > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator at> > > home,> > > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold> > > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only thank> > > them> > > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when the> > > holy> > > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being > > eaten> > > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give information > > on> > > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they> > > undergo,> > > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find foul.> > > >> > > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from> > > tulasi,> > > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the > > sellers> > > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped and> > > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by> > > buying> > > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.> > > >> > > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of any> > > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the > > processes> > > > that the product went through before it reached his hands. > > genuine> > > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the processes > > as> > > > there is no cheating involved.> > > >> > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > pandit arjun> > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > >> > > > sacred-objects , "rudraksha67"> > > > <satyadharma@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > Dear Sirs,> > > > >> > > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and> > > soaked> > > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature > > ripen> > > > > beads, it is all cheating??> > > > >> > > > > Thanking you,> > > > >> > > > > Satyadharma> > > > >> > > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > >> > > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there while> > > > > making> > > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.> > > > > >> > > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and > > have> > > > > seen> > > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily be> > > > > cleared> > > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we > > need> > > to> > > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if > > wholesellers> > > > and> > > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations on> > > all> > > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a> > > conclusive> > > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations in> > > my> > > > > > limited knowledge.> > > > > >> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com> > > > > >> > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very much> > > > your> > > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available > > here> > > > in> > > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are any> > > other> > > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or refute> > > the> > > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is> > > > > accurate.> > > > > > I find it important that this information is made available > > to> > > > the> > > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d) > > the> > > > > word> > > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what is> > > going> > > > > on,> > > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This is> > > not> > > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going on > > in> > > > the> > > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I understand > > it,> > > > > this> > > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in recent> > > > > years.> > > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them > > appear> > > > > more> > > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of course> > > has> > > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a> > > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen > > photo> > > of> > > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there > > is> > > > > loose> > > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole. I> > > have> > > > > seen> > > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased. This > > is> > > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole> > > inside> > > > > is> > > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of > > the> > > > > ends,> > > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with > > this I> > > > > have> > > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in Nepal:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole > > which> > > > can> > > > > be> > > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which > > have> > > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need > > drill> > > > > > machine to remove.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?> > > > > > >> > > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a rudraksha> > > > > fruit> > > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to be> > > ripe,> > > > > I> > > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be> > > interesting> > > > > to> > > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Many Thanks,> > > > > > >> > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was not> > > > > > answered> > > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion. in> > > fact> > > > > the> > > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal are > > all> > > > > > soaked> > > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their > > higher> > > > > mukhi> > > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like> > > > > protecting> > > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink > > etc.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity of > > the> > > > > > product> > > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the> > > farmer> > > > > > front> > > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers > > are> > > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh > > unripe> > > > > beads> > > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher> > > > prices.> > > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha> > > before> > > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared with > > the> > > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating > > involved.> > > > > these> > > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to > > queries> > > > and> > > > > if> > > > > > i> > > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating > > even> > > > > when> > > > > > i> > > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and they > > get> > > > > the> > > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we > > cannot> > > > > call> > > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a > > pendant> > > > > even> > > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has to> > > > live> > > > > > with> > > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth wearing.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees > > and> > > > are> > > > > > not> > > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened > > naturally> > > on> > > > > the> > > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels etc.> > > and> > > > > the> > > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so he> > > > > plucks> > > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and> > > sell.> > > > > do> > > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a> > > rudraksha> > > > > > shall> > > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and let> > > that> > > > > be> > > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and > > sell> > > it> > > > > as> > > > > > it> > > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening > > happens> > > > at> > > > > > the> > > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the retailer> > > have> > > > > no> > > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe> > > rudraksha> > > > > and> > > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take it > > at> > > > > all> > > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the myth> > > that> > > > a> > > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert> > > researchers> > > > > as> > > > > > to> > > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the > > rudraksha.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to 2> > > > > months> > > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called> > > cheating,> > > > > > trying> > > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are > > soaked> > > > for> > > > > a> > > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color, soaking > > for> > > > > some> > > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will darken> > > > quite> > > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season > > starts> > > > in> > > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become available> > > > only> > > > > in> > > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really> > > understand> > > > > your> > > > > > > reasoning?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation is> > > true> > > > > that> > > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also> > > float> > > > > in> > > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in > > oil> > > > and> > > > > > keep> > > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they become> > > old> > > > > and> > > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be> > > > > synonymous> > > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits > > for> > > > the> > > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so this > > is> > > no> > > > > > > secret> > > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for > > few> > > > > months.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months and> > > other> > > > > > > members> > > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" > > <alstrup@>> > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any> > > response> > > > > so> > > > > > > far.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very> > > > > welcome.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal> > > starts> > > > > in> > > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest > > their> > > > > beads> > > > > > > too> > > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully ripened> > > beads> > > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more power> > > and> > > > > > > lifespan> > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference> > > between> > > > > a> > > > > > > ripe> > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe and a> > > > > unripe> > > > > > > > bead,> > > > > > > > > is it> > > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules of > > the> > > > > bead> > > > > > > > > chambers?> > > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit is> > > > fully> > > > > > > ripen> > > > > > > > > on the> > > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?> > > Ideally,> > > > I> > > > > > > guess> > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for Nature > > to> > > > > show> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > bead is> > > > > > > > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who > > knows.> > > > > Tryit> > > > > > > now.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit > > For> > > > > Good> > > > > > this month.> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > -------------------------> --> > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM> >> > > > > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release 8/28/2007 4:29 PM>

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release 8/29/2007 8:21 PM

Hi Surya,

Namaste

Sure, I will certainly ask this contact if he wants to be mentioned by

name, I asked him privately and did not mention I would fwd this info to

a discussion group.

It is mentioned that a bead from an unripe fruit is so light it will fly

if you blow on it. This kind of bead will become black if you oil it. It

is also mentioned that unripe beads on the market are actually

semi-ripe, so this would explain it, a completely unripened fruit and a

semiripened fruit.

However, I find it very odd that a bead would crack if the ripened fruit

falls off the tree by itself. The bead inside should logically be

protected by the outer fruit pulp when it hits the ground, also the

mature bead is hard. But this is only my speculation. I will ask about

this as well.

~ Ole

sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni

wrote:

>

> Namaste Ole,

>

> Thanks for sharing this. It would be better if you would name the

source of your info.

>

> If you read the info carefully, some of it seems a bit contradictory.

Your source says 60% of the higher muhki beads are harvested early from

unripe fruits, yet later says unripe beads will fly if you breathe on it

and that beads from unripe fruit will become lightweight and even the

size will shrink. So how do higher muhki beads overcome this extreme

lightweightness without being oiled?

>

> Also my experience is that oiling of beads certainly does not make

them black. I have oiled many of mine plenty. Even soaked them for days

without them changing color. Also it seems that most rudraksha are dyed,

though the high price single collector beads might escape most of this.

>

> BOM!

>

> Surya

>

> -

> alstrup

> sacred-objects

> Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:15 PM

> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more

info

>

>

>

>

> I have obtained some info from a respected wholesaler in Nepal:

>

> a.. Most rudraksha especially higher mukhis ( 17 and above) are 60%

harvested early from unripe fruits as they can be recognized from a

distance on the tree so early early harvesting is basically to avoid

loss from theft.

> b.. None of the genuine suppliers or retailers use oil as lighter bead

change color (become black) very fast and there is no market for such

bead, if somebody puts oil on unripe bead it will only change color, it

won't effect the weight.

> c.. If beads are left in the tree and fall off naturally due to

completely ripening then bead can get a crack on the natural hole side

so they are harvested when they become blue in color.

> d.. An unripe bead will fly if you breathe in front of it, unripe

beads on the market are semi ripen bead, that is the reason why it looks

ripe when oil is put on it.

> e.. If unripe fruit is harvested, bead will become light weight and

even size of bead will shrink. No one can make a light weight bead heavy

except where cheaters put lead (glass) inside to make them heavy.

> f.. Once an unripe bead is plugged it won't get heavy.

> g.. A natural hole formed at the moment bead can be seen on the tree,

no matter the color, every naturally developed bead will have a natural

hole.

> ~ Ole Alstrup

>

>

> sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " mahamuni@ wrote:

> >

> > Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.

> >

> > Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from a

dealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way. But

these are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so initially

all are treated similiarly.

> >

> > Surya

> > -

> > Richard Shaw-Brown

> > sacred-objects

> > Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM

> > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

> >

> >

> > BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND " DRY " .

> >

> > sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " mahamuni@

wrote:

> > >

> > > So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her were

not harvested

> > unripe and oiled like most others?

> > >

> > > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but

found on the ground after

> > falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the

Kauai Hindu Monastery.

> > Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop

you must move the

> > mouse over to " Publications " and then click on " Store " .

> > >

> > > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to

either:

> > >

> > >

http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442

or

> > >

> > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?

> > main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5

> > >

> > > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there,

many years back.

> > Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still

cleaned meticulously,

> > and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know if

they are soaked. One

> > could easily call or email and ask.

> > >

> > > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some

of these issues, as well

> > as sharing some nice information.

> > >

> > >

http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/

> > Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip

> > >

> > > BOM BOM BHOLE!

> > >

> > > Surya

> > > -

> > > alstrup

> > > sacred-objects

> > > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM

> > > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

> > >

> > >

> > > Dear Richard,

> > >

> > > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional

> > > questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked

> > > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs

> > > unriped beads is mentioned in " Power of Rudraksha " by the founder

of

> > > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate

> > > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have

obtained

> > > the best beads from her so far.

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > >

> > > Ole

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms

Neeta

> > > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R

> > > >

> > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from

> > > any

> > > > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha

> > > > retailers/wholesalers, I

> > > > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha

beads

> > > > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and

the

> > > > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear

more

> > > > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim

> > > that

> > > > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds

inside

> > > is

> > > > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead

> > > should

> > > > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds

> > > inside

> > > > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of

the

> > > > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully

> > > developed

> > > > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will

make

> > > > them darker and superficially make them look like they were from

a

> > > > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter

> > > > color/weight is true.

> > > > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is

> > > > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally

dries,

> > > the

> > > > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time

> > > become

> > > > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead

> > > darker

> > > > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink,

since

> > > > oil is always floating on water?

> > > > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is

> > > ripe,

> > > > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN that

the

> > > > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if

one

> > > is

> > > > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the bead

was

> > > > taken from a a ripen fruit?

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > >

> > > > Ole

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > dear friend

> > > > >

> > > > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there

> > > are

> > > > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads

which

> > > are

> > > > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller

> > > when

> > > > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old

> > > and

> > > > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most

> > > new

> > > > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the

> > > customers

> > > > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth

that a

> > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people

who

> > > > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine

> > > > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely

mention

> > > an

> > > > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink

in

> > > > water.

> > > > >

> > > > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms

> > > etc.,

> > > > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to

cheating

> > > > as

> > > > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from

> > > > > infestation.

> > > > >

> > > > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological

> > > threats

> > > > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator

at

> > > > home,

> > > > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold

> > > > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only

thank

> > > > them

> > > > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when

the

> > > > holy

> > > > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being

> > > eaten

> > > > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give

information

> > > on

> > > > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they

> > > > undergo,

> > > > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find

foul.

> > > > >

> > > > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from

> > > > tulasi,

> > > > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the

> > > sellers

> > > > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped

and

> > > > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by

> > > > buying

> > > > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

> > > > >

> > > > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of

any

> > > > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the

> > > processes

> > > > > that the product went through before it reached his hands.

> > > genuine

> > > > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the

processes

> > > as

> > > > > there is no cheating involved.

> > > > >

> > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

> > > > > <satyadharma@> wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Dear Sirs,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and

> > > > soaked

> > > > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature

> > > ripen

> > > > > > beads, it is all cheating??

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Thanking you,

> > > > > >

> > > > > > Satyadharma

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there

while

> > > > > > making

> > > > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and

> > > have

> > > > > > seen

> > > > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easily

be

> > > > > > cleared

> > > > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we

> > > need

> > > > to

> > > > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if

> > > wholesellers

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observations

on

> > > > all

> > > > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a

> > > > conclusive

> > > > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observations

in

> > > > my

> > > > > > > limited knowledge.

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

<alstrup@>

> > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very

much

> > > > > your

> > > > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available

> > > here

> > > > > in

> > > > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are

any

> > > > other

> > > > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or

refute

> > > > the

> > > > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is

> > > > > > accurate.

> > > > > > > I find it important that this information is made

available

> > > to

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d)

> > > the

> > > > > > word

> > > > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what

is

> > > > going

> > > > > > on,

> > > > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. This

is

> > > > not

> > > > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going

on

> > > in

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I

understand

> > > it,

> > > > > > this

> > > > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in

recent

> > > > > > years.

> > > > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them

> > > appear

> > > > > > more

> > > > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of

course

> > > > has

> > > > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen

> > > photo

> > > > of

> > > > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there

> > > is

> > > > > > loose

> > > > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole.

I

> > > > have

> > > > > > seen

> > > > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased.

This

> > > is

> > > > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole

> > > > inside

> > > > > > is

> > > > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of

> > > the

> > > > > > ends,

> > > > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with

> > > this I

> > > > > > have

> > > > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in

Nepal:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole

> > > which

> > > > > can

> > > > > > be

> > > > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which

> > > have

> > > > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need

> > > drill

> > > > > > > machine to remove.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a

rudraksha

> > > > > > fruit

> > > > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to

be

> > > > ripe,

> > > > > > I

> > > > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be

> > > > interesting

> > > > > > to

> > > > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Many Thanks,

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > Ole

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query was

not

> > > > > > > answered

> > > > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion.

in

> > > > fact

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal

are

> > > all

> > > > > > > soaked

> > > > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their

> > > higher

> > > > > > mukhi

> > > > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> > > > > > protecting

> > > > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink

> > > etc.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity

of

> > > the

> > > > > > > product

> > > > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the

> > > > farmer

> > > > > > > front

> > > > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers

> > > are

> > > > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh

> > > unripe

> > > > > > beads

> > > > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher

> > > > > prices.

> > > > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha

> > > > before

> > > > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared

with

> > > the

> > > > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating

> > > involved.

> > > > > > these

> > > > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to

> > > queries

> > > > > and

> > > > > > if

> > > > > > > i

> > > > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating

> > > even

> > > > > > when

> > > > > > > i

> > > > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and

they

> > > get

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we

> > > cannot

> > > > > > call

> > > > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a

> > > pendant

> > > > > > even

> > > > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one has

to

> > > > > live

> > > > > > > with

> > > > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth

wearing.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees

> > > and

> > > > > are

> > > > > > > not

> > > > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened

> > > naturally

> > > > on

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels

etc.

> > > > and

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. so

he

> > > > > > plucks

> > > > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and

> > > > sell.

> > > > > > do

> > > > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a

> > > > rudraksha

> > > > > > > shall

> > > > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and

let

> > > > that

> > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and

> > > sell

> > > > it

> > > > > > as

> > > > > > > it

> > > > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening

> > > happens

> > > > > at

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the

retailer

> > > > have

> > > > > > no

> > > > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe

> > > > rudraksha

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not take

it

> > > at

> > > > > > all

> > > > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the

myth

> > > > that

> > > > > a

> > > > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert

> > > > researchers

> > > > > > as

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the

> > > rudraksha.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

> > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to

> > > > > > months

> > > > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called

> > > > cheating,

> > > > > > > trying

> > > > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are

> > > soaked

> > > > > for

> > > > > > a

> > > > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color,

soaking

> > > for

> > > > > > some

> > > > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will

darken

> > > > > quite

> > > > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season

> > > starts

> > > > > in

> > > > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become

available

> > > > > only

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really

> > > > understand

> > > > > > your

> > > > > > > > reasoning?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > Ole

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation

is

> > > > true

> > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also

> > > > float

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in

> > > oil

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > keep

> > > > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they

become

> > > > old

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be

> > > > > > synonymous

> > > > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits

> > > for

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so

this

> > > is

> > > > no

> > > > > > > > secret

> > > > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for

> > > few

> > > > > > months.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months

and

> > > > other

> > > > > > > > members

> > > > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any

> > > > response

> > > > > > so

> > > > > > > > far.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very

> > > > > > welcome.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal

> > > > starts

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest

> > > their

> > > > > > beads

> > > > > > > > too

> > > > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully

ripened

> > > > beads

> > > > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> > > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more

power

> > > > and

> > > > > > > > lifespan

> > > > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference

> > > > between

> > > > > > a

> > > > > > > > ripe

> > > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe

and a

> > > > > > unripe

> > > > > > > > > bead,

> > > > > > > > > > is it

> > > > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules

of

> > > the

> > > > > > bead

> > > > > > > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruit

is

> > > > > fully

> > > > > > > > ripen

> > > > > > > > > > on the

> > > > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?

> > > > Ideally,

> > > > > I

> > > > > > > > guess

> > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for

Nature

> > > to

> > > > > > show

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > bead is

> > > > > > > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who

> > > knows.

> > > > > > Tryit

> > > > > > > > now.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit

> > > For

> > > > > > Good

> > > > > > > this month.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > -------------------------

> > --

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:

8/28/2007 4:29 PM

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

------\

------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:

8/28/2007 4:29 PM

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

------\

------

>

>

>

>

> Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date:

8/29/2007 8:21 PM

>

Surely it doesn't crack upon hitting the ground.

But insects are a problem, as well as rain, etc.

-

alstrup

sacred-objects

Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:42 PM

Hi Surya,NamasteSure, I will certainly ask this contact if he wants to be mentioned byname, I asked him privately and did not mention I would fwd this info toa discussion group.It is mentioned that a bead from an unripe fruit is so light it will flyif you blow on it. This kind of bead will become black if you oil it. Itis also mentioned that unripe beads on the market are actuallysemi-ripe, so this would explain it, a completely unripened fruit and asemiripened fruit.However, I find it very odd that a bead would crack if the ripened fruitfalls off the tree by itself. The bead inside should logically beprotected by the outer fruit pulp when it hits the ground, also themature bead is hard. But this is only my speculation. I will ask aboutthis as well.~ Olesacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" <mahamuniwrote:>> Namaste Ole,>> Thanks for sharing this. It would be better if you would name thesource of your info.>> If you read the info carefully, some of it seems a bit contradictory.Your source says 60% of the higher muhki beads are harvested early fromunripe fruits, yet later says unripe beads will fly if you breathe on itand that beads from unripe fruit will become lightweight and even thesize will shrink. So how do higher muhki beads overcome this extremelightweightness without being oiled?>> Also my experience is that oiling of beads certainly does not makethem black. I have oiled many of mine plenty. Even soaked them for dayswithout them changing color. Also it seems that most rudraksha are dyed,though the high price single collector beads might escape most of this.>> BOM!>> Surya>> -> alstrup> sacred-objects > Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:15 PM> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - moreinfo>>>>> I have obtained some info from a respected wholesaler in Nepal:>> a.. Most rudraksha especially higher mukhis ( 17 and above) are 60%harvested early from unripe fruits as they can be recognized from adistance on the tree so early early harvesting is basically to avoidloss from theft.> b.. None of the genuine suppliers or retailers use oil as lighter beadchange color (become black) very fast and there is no market for suchbead, if somebody puts oil on unripe bead it will only change color, itwon't effect the weight.> c.. If beads are left in the tree and fall off naturally due tocompletely ripening then bead can get a crack on the natural hole sideso they are harvested when they become blue in color.> d.. An unripe bead will fly if you breathe in front of it, unripebeads on the market are semi ripen bead, that is the reason why it looksripe when oil is put on it.> e.. If unripe fruit is harvested, bead will become light weight andeven size of bead will shrink. No one can make a light weight bead heavyexcept where cheaters put lead (glass) inside to make them heavy.> f.. Once an unripe bead is plugged it won't get heavy.> g.. A natural hole formed at the moment bead can be seen on the tree,no matter the color, every naturally developed bead will have a naturalhole.> ~ Ole Alstrup>>> sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" mahamuni@ wrote:> >> > Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.> >> > Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from adealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way. Butthese are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so initiallyall are treated similiarly.> >> > Surya> > -> > Richard Shaw-Brown> > sacred-objects > > Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM> > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> >> >> > BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND "DRY".> >> > sacred-objects , "Mahamuni Das" mahamuni@wrote:> > >> > > So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her werenot harvested> > unripe and oiled like most others?> > >> > > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, butfound on the ground after> > falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from theKauai Hindu Monastery.> > Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shopyou must move the> > mouse over to "Publications" and then click on "Store".> > >> > > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going toeither:> > >> > >http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442or> > >> > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?> > main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5> > >> > > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was there,many years back.> > Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are stillcleaned meticulously,> > and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know ifthey are soaked. One> > could easily call or email and ask.> > >> > > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up someof these issues, as well> > as sharing some nice information.> > >> > >http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/> > Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip> > >> > > BOM BOM BHOLE!> > >> > > Surya> > > -> > > alstrup> > > sacred-objects > > > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM> > > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads> > >> > >> > > Dear Richard,> > >> > > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional> > > questions is however to know more about this seemingly overlooked> > > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped vs> > > unriped beads is mentioned in "Power of Rudraksha" by the founderof> > > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written Srimate> > > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I haveobtained> > > the best beads from her so far.> > >> > > Thanks,> > >> > > Ole> > >> > > sacred-objects , "alstrup" <alstrup@> wrote:> > > >> > > > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact MsNeeta> > > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R> > > >> > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far, from> > > any> > > > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha> > > > retailers/wholesalers, I> > > > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudrakshabeads> > > > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits andthe> > > > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appearmore> > > > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the claim> > > that> > > > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seedsinside> > > is> > > > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead> > > should> > > > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds> > > inside> > > > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power ofthe> > > > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully> > > developed> > > > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil willmake> > > > them darker and superficially make them look like they were froma> > > > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter> > > > color/weight is true.> > > > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead is> > > > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturallydries,> > > the> > > > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time> > > become> > > > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead> > > darker> > > > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink,since> > > > oil is always floating on water?> > > > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is> > > ripe,> > > > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN thatthe> > > > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so ifone> > > is> > > > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the beadwas> > > > taken from a a ripen fruit?> > > >> > > > Thanks,> > > >> > > > Ole> > > >> > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > >> > > > > dear friend> > > > >> > > > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened. there> > > are> > > > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beadswhich> > > are> > > > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the wholeseller> > > when> > > > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look old> > > and> > > > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly. most> > > new> > > > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the> > > customers> > > > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myththat a> > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those peoplewho> > > > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a genuine> > > > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguelymention> > > an> > > > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sinkin> > > > water.> > > > >> > > > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by worms> > > etc.,> > > > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount tocheating> > > > as> > > > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect from> > > > > infestation.> > > > >> > > > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological> > > threats> > > > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigeratorat> > > > home,> > > > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in cold> > > > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you onlythank> > > > them> > > > > for making available to the products even in unseason. whenthe> > > > holy> > > > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from being> > > eaten> > > > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we giveinformation> > > on> > > > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they> > > > undergo,> > > > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to findfoul.> > > > >> > > > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made from> > > > tulasi,> > > > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the> > > sellers> > > > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshippedand> > > > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins by> > > > buying> > > > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.> > > > >> > > > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge ofany> > > > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the> > > processes> > > > > that the product went through before it reached his hands.> > > genuine> > > > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing theprocesses> > > as> > > > > there is no cheating involved.> > > > >> > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > >> > > > > sacred-objects , "rudraksha67"> > > > > <satyadharma@> wrote:> > > > > >> > > > > > Dear Sirs,> > > > > >> > > > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe and> > > > soaked> > > > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature> > > ripen> > > > > > beads, it is all cheating??> > > > > >> > > > > > Thanking you,> > > > > >> > > > > > Satyadharma> > > > > >> > > > > > sacred-objects , "panditarjun2004"> > > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > >> > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > >> > > > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is therewhile> > > > > > making> > > > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is debtable.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha and> > > have> > > > > > seen> > > > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can easilybe> > > > > > cleared> > > > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we> > > need> > > > to> > > > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if> > > wholesellers> > > > > and> > > > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their observationson> > > > all> > > > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a> > > > conclusive> > > > > > > observation. till then these are my personal observationsin> > > > my> > > > > > > limited knowledge.> > > > > > >> > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com> > > > > > >> > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup<alstrup@>> > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate verymuch> > > > > your> > > > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information available> > > here> > > > > in> > > > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there areany> > > > other> > > > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge orrefute> > > > the> > > > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it is> > > > > > accurate.> > > > > > > I find it important that this information is madeavailable> > > to> > > > > the> > > > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I use(d)> > > the> > > > > > word> > > > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of whatis> > > > going> > > > > > on,> > > > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe. Thisis> > > > not> > > > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly goingon> > > in> > > > > the> > > > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as Iunderstand> > > it,> > > > > > this> > > > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened inrecent> > > > > > years.> > > > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them> > > appear> > > > > > more> > > > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and ofcourse> > > > has> > > > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a> > > > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen> > > photo> > > > of> > > > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that there> > > is> > > > > > loose> > > > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural hole.I> > > > have> > > > > > seen> > > > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased.This> > > is> > > > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the hole> > > > inside> > > > > > is> > > > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any of> > > the> > > > > > ends,> > > > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with> > > this I> > > > > > have> > > > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller inNepal:> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole> > > which> > > > > can> > > > > > be> > > > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi, which> > > have> > > > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need> > > drill> > > > > > > machine to remove.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe arudraksha> > > > > > fruit> > > > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside tobe> > > > ripe,> > > > > > I> > > > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be> > > > interesting> > > > > > to> > > > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in person.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Many Thanks,> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query wasnot> > > > > > > answered> > > > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion.in> > > > fact> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepalare> > > all> > > > > > > soaked> > > > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their> > > higher> > > > > > mukhi> > > > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like> > > > > > protecting> > > > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will sink> > > etc.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinityof> > > the> > > > > > > product> > > > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at the> > > > farmer> > > > > > > front> > > > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the retailers> > > are> > > > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh> > > unripe> > > > > > beads> > > > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at higher> > > > > prices.> > > > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the rudraksha> > > > before> > > > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is sharedwith> > > the> > > > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating> > > involved.> > > > > > these> > > > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to> > > queries> > > > > and> > > > > > if> > > > > > > i> > > > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like cheating> > > even> > > > > > when> > > > > > > i> > > > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally andthey> > > get> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we> > > cannot> > > > > > call> > > > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a> > > pendant> > > > > > even> > > > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one hasto> > > > > live> > > > > > > with> > > > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worthwearing.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the trees> > > and> > > > > are> > > > > > > not> > > > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened> > > naturally> > > > on> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrelsetc.> > > > and> > > > > > the> > > > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand. sohe> > > > > > plucks> > > > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it and> > > > sell.> > > > > > do> > > > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a> > > > rudraksha> > > > > > > shall> > > > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance andlet> > > > that> > > > > > be> > > > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it and> > > sell> > > > it> > > > > > as> > > > > > > it> > > > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening> > > happens> > > > > at> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and theretailer> > > > have> > > > > > no> > > > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe> > > > rudraksha> > > > > > and> > > > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not takeit> > > at> > > > > > all> > > > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of themyth> > > > that> > > > > a> > > > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert> > > > researchers> > > > > > as> > > > > > > to> > > > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the> > > rudraksha.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup> > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up to2> > > > > > months> > > > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called> > > > cheating,> > > > > > > trying> > > > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are> > > soaked> > > > > for> > > > > > a> > > > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color,soaking> > > for> > > > > > some> > > > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they willdarken> > > > > quite> > > > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season> > > starts> > > > > in> > > > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would becomeavailable> > > > > only> > > > > > in> > > > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really> > > > understand> > > > > > your> > > > > > > > reasoning?> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > > Ole> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:> > > > > > > > > dear friend ole> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observationis> > > > true> > > > > > that> > > > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but also> > > > float> > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them in> > > oil> > > > > and> > > > > > > keep> > > > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that theybecome> > > > old> > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may be> > > > > > synonymous> > > > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer waits> > > for> > > > > the> > > > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. sothis> > > is> > > > no> > > > > > > > secret> > > > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil for> > > few> > > > > > months.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting monthsand> > > > other> > > > > > > > members> > > > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings> > > > > > > > > pandit arjun> > > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any> > > > response> > > > > > so> > > > > > > > far.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be very> > > > > > welcome.> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in Nepal> > > > starts> > > > > > in> > > > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest> > > their> > > > > > beads> > > > > > > > too> > > > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fullyripened> > > > beads> > > > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , "alstrup"> > > > <alstrup@>> > > > > > > wrote:> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have morepower> > > > and> > > > > > > > lifespan> > > > > > > > > > than> > > > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only difference> > > > between> > > > > > a> > > > > > > > ripe> > > > > > > > > > and> > > > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripeand a> > > > > > unripe> > > > > > > > > bead,> > > > > > > > > > is it> > > > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the loculesof> > > the> > > > > > bead> > > > > > > > > > chambers?> > > > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a fruitis> > > > > fully> > > > > > > > ripen> > > > > > > > > > on the> > > > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?> > > > Ideally,> > > > > I> > > > > > > > guess> > > > > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself forNature> > > to> > > > > > show> > > > > > > the> > > > > > > > > > bead is> > > > > > > > > > > fully ripen.> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > ~ Ole> > > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who> > > knows.> > > > > > Tryit> > > > > > > > now.> > > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > >> > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit > > > For> > > > > > Good> > > > > > > this month.> > > > > > > >> > > > > > >> > > > > >> > > > >> > > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > -------------------------> > --> > >> > >> > > > > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:8/28/2007 4:29 PM> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >-------------------------\------> >> >> > > > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:8/28/2007 4:29 PM> >>>>>>>>-------------------------\------>>> > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date:8/29/2007 8:21 PM>

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.1/981 - Release 8/31/2007 6:13 AM

Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14 mukhi bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the specific brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different from a semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and became darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of rudraksha will be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

~ Ole

Pics did not come through.

Surya

-

alstrup

sacred-objects

Monday, September 03, 2007 4:07 AM

Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14 mukhi bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the specific brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different from a semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and became darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of rudraksha will be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

~ Ole

Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release 9/2/2007 4:32 PM

Hmm, it would first sight appear that photos pasted in html format are not included by the groups mail forwarding, although they are available to view as intended at the groups archive Message #3843. I also got the same in my mailbox, but when I hit reply, they suddenly show up! I cant explain that, can anyone else. I didnt want to include the photos as mail attachments, as these are not stored in the groups message archive. Mahamuni Das <mahamuni wrote: Pics did not come through. Surya - alstrup sacred-objects Monday, September 03, 2007 4:07 AM Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14 mukhi bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the specific brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different

from a semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and became darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of rudraksha will be ripened till this color appears. Comments? ~ Ole Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release 9/2/2007 4:32 PM

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

I didn't see them show up in the group either.

-

Ole Alstrup

sacred-objects

Monday, September 03, 2007 11:49 AM

Re: Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info

Hmm, it would first sight appear that photos pasted in html format are not included by the groups mail forwarding, although they are available to view as intended at the groups archive Message #3843. I also got the same in my mailbox, but when I hit reply, they suddenly show up! I cant explain that, can anyone else. I didnt want to include the photos as mail attachments, as these are not stored in the groups message archive.

Mahamuni Das <mahamuni (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote:

Pics did not come through.

Surya

-

alstrup

sacred-objects

Monday, September 03, 2007 4:07 AM

~ Ole

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now.

Something wrong in your browser then, they are right there on my screen.Mahamuni Das <mahamuni wrote: I didn't see them show up in the group either. - Ole Alstrup sacred-objects Monday, September 03, 2007 11:49 AM Re: Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info Hmm, it would first sight appear that photos pasted in html format are not included by the groups mail forwarding, although they are available to view as intended at the groups archive Message #3843. I also got the same in my mailbox, but when I hit reply, they suddenly show up! I cant explain that, can anyone else. I didnt want to include the photos as mail attachments, as these are not stored in the groups message archive. Mahamuni Das <mahamuni (AT) cox (DOT) net> wrote: Pics did not come through. Surya - alstrup sacred-objects Monday, September 03, 2007 4:07 AM Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more info Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14 mukhi bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the specific brownish saturated color

which imho looks quite different from a semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and became darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of rudraksha will be ripened till this color appears. Comments? ~ Ole Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release 9/2/2007 4:32 PM Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try it now. Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.2/985 - Release 9/2/2007 4:32 PM

Answers - Get better answers from someone who knows. Try

it now.

dear friend

kindly add your photographs in the photos section of the group so that

any member can view it easily.

recently i was fortunate to get a very rare collector rudraksha of 14

mukhi whose size is nearly 40mm. it is made available to me by my

trusted supplier in nepal and the rudraksha is naturally ripened. this

rudraksha is old and the colour is natural.

will soon upload photographs of the same in the group's photos section.

with best wishes and blessings

pandit arjun

www.rudraksharemedy.com

sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup wrote:

>

>

>

> Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14 mukhi

> bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the specific

> brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different from a

> semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and became

> darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of rudraksha will

> be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

>

> ~ Ole

>

OK, I have uploaded them at the photos section, the url is

http://ph.sacred-objects/photos/browse/f026

Looking forward to see the bead you are selling?

~ Ole

sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear friend

>

> kindly add your photographs in the photos section of the group so

that

> any member can view it easily.

>

> recently i was fortunate to get a very rare collector rudraksha of

> mukhi whose size is nearly 40mm. it is made available to me by my

> trusted supplier in nepal and the rudraksha is naturally ripened.

this

> rudraksha is old and the colour is natural.

>

> will soon upload photographs of the same in the group's photos

section.

>

> with best wishes and blessings

> pandit arjun

> www.rudraksharemedy.com

>

> sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> >

> >

> >

> > Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14

mukhi

> > bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the

specific

> > brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different from a

> > semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and

became

> > darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of

rudraksha will

> > be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

> >

> > ~ Ole

> >

>

I was informed that fruit falling off the tree by itself is actually

overripen and bead always crack because without this the seed cannot

germinate. Interesting. I wonder if our botanist Chandrashekharji

Phadke would comment on this?

sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " <mahamuni

wrote:

>

> Surely it doesn't crack upon hitting the ground.

>

> But insects are a problem, as well as rain, etc.

> -

> alstrup

> sacred-objects

> Thursday, August 30, 2007 11:42 PM

> Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more

info

>

>

>

> Hi Surya,

>

> Namaste

>

> Sure, I will certainly ask this contact if he wants to be mentioned by

> name, I asked him privately and did not mention I would fwd this info

to

> a discussion group.

>

> It is mentioned that a bead from an unripe fruit is so light it will

fly

> if you blow on it. This kind of bead will become black if you oil it.

It

> is also mentioned that unripe beads on the market are actually

> semi-ripe, so this would explain it, a completely unripened fruit and

a

> semiripened fruit.

>

> However, I find it very odd that a bead would crack if the ripened

fruit

> falls off the tree by itself. The bead inside should logically be

> protected by the outer fruit pulp when it hits the ground, also the

> mature bead is hard. But this is only my speculation. I will ask about

> this as well.

>

> ~ Ole

>

> sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " mahamuni@

> wrote:

> >

> > Namaste Ole,

> >

> > Thanks for sharing this. It would be better if you would name the

> source of your info.

> >

> > If you read the info carefully, some of it seems a bit

contradictory.

> Your source says 60% of the higher muhki beads are harvested early

from

> unripe fruits, yet later says unripe beads will fly if you breathe on

it

> and that beads from unripe fruit will become lightweight and even the

> size will shrink. So how do higher muhki beads overcome this extreme

> lightweightness without being oiled?

> >

> > Also my experience is that oiling of beads certainly does not make

> them black. I have oiled many of mine plenty. Even soaked them for

days

> without them changing color. Also it seems that most rudraksha are

dyed,

> though the high price single collector beads might escape most of

this.

> >

> > BOM!

> >

> > Surya

> >

> > -

> > alstrup

> > sacred-objects

> > Thursday, August 30, 2007 12:15 PM

> > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads - more

> info

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > I have obtained some info from a respected wholesaler in Nepal:

> >

> > a.. Most rudraksha especially higher mukhis ( 17 and above) are 60%

> harvested early from unripe fruits as they can be recognized from a

> distance on the tree so early early harvesting is basically to avoid

> loss from theft.

> > b.. None of the genuine suppliers or retailers use oil as lighter

bead

> change color (become black) very fast and there is no market for such

> bead, if somebody puts oil on unripe bead it will only change color,

it

> won't effect the weight.

> > c.. If beads are left in the tree and fall off naturally due to

> completely ripening then bead can get a crack on the natural hole side

> so they are harvested when they become blue in color.

> > d.. An unripe bead will fly if you breathe in front of it, unripe

> beads on the market are semi ripen bead, that is the reason why it

looks

> ripe when oil is put on it.

> > e.. If unripe fruit is harvested, bead will become light weight and

> even size of bead will shrink. No one can make a light weight bead

heavy

> except where cheaters put lead (glass) inside to make them heavy.

> > f.. Once an unripe bead is plugged it won't get heavy.

> > g.. A natural hole formed at the moment bead can be seen on the

tree,

> no matter the color, every naturally developed bead will have a

natural

> hole.

> > ~ Ole Alstrup

> >

> >

> > sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " mahamuni@

wrote:

> > >

> > > Actually Richard it was not your post I was responding to.

> > >

> > > Often rudraksha are fresh and dry when you receive them from a

> dealer. All of the rudraksha from AMMA's bookstore are the same way.

But

> these are all coming from the same few suppliers in Nepal, so

initially

> all are treated similiarly.

> > >

> > > Surya

> > > -

> > > Richard Shaw-Brown

> > > sacred-objects

> > > Thursday, August 30, 2007 1:25 AM

> > > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

> > >

> > >

> > > BECAUSE I HAVE EYES! THEY ARE FRESH AND " DRY " .

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " Mahamuni Das " mahamuni@

> wrote:

> > > >

> > > > So how do you know that the beads that you obtained from her

were

> not harvested

> > > unripe and oiled like most others?

> > > >

> > > > If you want beads that are definitely not harvested at all, but

> found on the ground after

> > > falling off the trees in their rudraksha forest, get them from the

> Kauai Hindu Monastery.

> > > Their main website is www.himalayanacademy.com To find their shop

> you must move the

> > > mouse over to " Publications " and then click on " Store " .

> > > >

> > > > Otherwise you can go to the rudraksha pages directly by going to

> either:

> > > >

> > > >

>

http://www.minimela.com/index.php?main_page=product_info & products_id=442

> or

> > > >

> > > > http://www.minimela.com/index.php?

> > > main_page=index & cPath=100 & zenid=44f1fe1d2050e23ae963db427bab08f5

> > > >

> > > > I found quite a few beads there myself like this when I was

there,

> many years back.

> > > Things have developed quite a bit since then. The beads are still

> cleaned meticulously,

> > > and I know they are oiled before delivering, though I don't know

if

> they are soaked. One

> > > could easily call or email and ask.

> > > >

> > > > The slide show is quite nice. View it and it might clear up some

> of these issues, as well

> > > as sharing some nice information.

> > > >

> > > >

> http://www.himalayanacademy.com/download/slideshows/aadheenam/2007/

> > > Rudraksha_Slideshow.exe.zip

> > > >

> > > > BOM BOM BHOLE!

> > > >

> > > > Surya

> > > > -

> > > > alstrup

> > > > sacred-objects

> > > > Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:29 AM

> > > > Re: Unripe VS Ripe Rudraksha beads

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Dear Richard,

> > > >

> > > > Thank you, that may be so, the aim of my summary and additional

> > > > questions is however to know more about this seemingly

overlooked

> > > > aspect of knowledge of Rudraksha. Nothing directly about riped

vs

> > > > unriped beads is mentioned in " Power of Rudraksha " by the

founder

> of

> > > > Rudra Center, Shri Kamal Naraýan Seetha. I have written

Srimate

> > > > Neeta about the same, but still waiting for a reply. I have

> obtained

> > > > the best beads from her so far.

> > > >

> > > > Thanks,

> > > >

> > > > Ole

> > > >

> > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

wrote:

> > > > >

> > > > > If you want to avoid unripe or oiled beads please contact Ms

> Neeta

> > > > of Rudra Center. Y/s, R

> > > > >

> > > > > Although there has been NO response to this thread, so far,

from

> > > > any

> > > > > of the other noteworthy members who are rudraksha

> > > > > retailers/wholesalers, I

> > > > > I am still in doubt about the claim that nearly all Rudraksha

> beads

> > > > > on the market today are harvested early from unripe fruits and

> the

> > > > > beads are automatically treated with oil to make them appear

> more

> > > > > mature, heavy ie. making the color darker. I have seen the

claim

> > > > that

> > > > > beads from unripe fruits are lighter in color and the seeds

> inside

> > > > is

> > > > > not fully developed, so the bead is lighter? I believe a bead

> > > > should

> > > > > be gathered from Nature at its natural peak to allow the seeds

> > > > inside

> > > > > to their full possible size, increasing the inherent power of

> the

> > > > > bead, although there is no direct proof of this with fully

> > > > developed

> > > > > seeds. I have personally seen that soaking beads in oil will

> make

> > > > > them darker and superficially make them look like they were

from

> a

> > > > > ripe fruit, that is if the claim about unripen bead=lighter

> > > > > color/weight is true.

> > > > > Now as far as I understand it, the moisture content of a bead

is

> > > > > higher when it is just harvested and as the bead naturally

> dries,

> > > > the

> > > > > moisture slowly evaporates and the bead will at the same time

> > > > become

> > > > > lighter in weight. Although soaking in oil will make the bead

> > > > darker

> > > > > and heavier, it should actually float in water and not sink,

> since

> > > > > oil is always floating on water?

> > > > > More importantly, there is also the claim that when a fruit is

> > > > ripe,

> > > > > the color will turn from green to blue and it is only THEN

that

> the

> > > > > natural hole is formed inside the bead? If this is true, so if

> one

> > > > is

> > > > > buying a bead with a natural hole, it should show that the

bead

> was

> > > > > taken from a a ripen fruit?

> > > > >

> > > > > Thanks,

> > > > >

> > > > > Ole

> > > > >

> > > > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > >

> > > > > > dear friend

> > > > > >

> > > > > > it is not true that all beads are artificially ripened.

there

> > > > are

> > > > > > very few beads which are ripened naturally and many beads

> which

> > > > are

> > > > > > ripened when they got stored as inventory with the

wholeseller

> > > > when

> > > > > > these are not sold for few months or years. but these look

old

> > > > and

> > > > > > have a different color than the fresh ones plucked newly.

most

> > > > new

> > > > > > freshly plucked beads (if not all) float in water and the

> > > > customers

> > > > > > are averse to buy such new beads as they believe in a myth

> that a

> > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in water. thanks to those people

> who

> > > > > > wrote books and articles and created this myth that a

genuine

> > > > > > rudraksha must sink in water, they did not even vaguely

> mention

> > > > an

> > > > > > exception that new beads are light in weight and do not sink

> in

> > > > > water.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > due to the biological threats of infestation and hit by

worms

> > > > etc.,

> > > > > > many people put them in oil which does not tantamount to

> cheating

> > > > > as

> > > > > > they are only TREATING OR CURING the rudraksha to protect

from

> > > > > > infestation.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > products of a tree are naturally prone to their biological

> > > > threats

> > > > > > and when buyers keep vegetables and fruits in a refrigerator

> at

> > > > > home,

> > > > > > you dont call it cheating. when the sellers keep them in

cold

> > > > > > storages so as to protect its shelf or long life, you only

> thank

> > > > > them

> > > > > > for making available to the products even in unseason. when

> the

> > > > > holy

> > > > > > rudraksha are treated by storing in oil to protect from

being

> > > > eaten

> > > > > > by worms, some consumers cry cheating. when we give

> information

> > > > on

> > > > > > how the rudraksha are made available and the processes they

> > > > > undergo,

> > > > > > it shall be reckoned for knowledgeful purposes than to find

> foul.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > many holy divine devotees keep buying various malas made

from

> > > > > tulasi,

> > > > > > bilva and other holy trees. do they start saying that the

> > > > sellers

> > > > > > are cutting and slashing the holy trees that are worshipped

> and

> > > > > > committing a sin and the buyers are abetting in their sins

by

> > > > > buying

> > > > > > the tualsi beads etc.? NO.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > a buyer or consumer has the right to gain full knowledge of

> any

> > > > > > product that he buys and it is better if he knows all the

> > > > processes

> > > > > > that the product went through before it reached his hands.

> > > > genuine

> > > > > > sellers like us are always open minded in sharing the

> processes

> > > > as

> > > > > > there is no cheating involved.

> > > > > >

> > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > >

> > > > > > sacred-objects , " rudraksha67 "

> > > > > > <satyadharma@> wrote:

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Dear Sirs,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Is this really true that all beads from Nepal are unripe

and

> > > > > soaked

> > > > > > > in oil to get ripe and old look?? No one is selling mature

> > > > ripen

> > > > > > > beads, it is all cheating??

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Thanking you,

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > Satyadharma

> > > > > > >

> > > > > > > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > > > > > > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > you can safely assume that human intervention is there

> while

> > > > > > > making

> > > > > > > > available a ripe rudraksha and to what extent is

debtable.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > i have handled several thousands of nepalese rudraksha

and

> > > > have

> > > > > > > seen

> > > > > > > > most of them having a natural hole and the hole can

easily

> be

> > > > > > > cleared

> > > > > > > > with a needle. only few beads do not have holes which we

> > > > need

> > > > > to

> > > > > > > > make. however, i am only a retailer and hence if

> > > > wholesellers

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > other large retailers or farmers share their

observations

> on

> > > > > all

> > > > > > > > nepalese rudraksha having natural hole, we can draw a

> > > > > conclusive

> > > > > > > > observation. till then these are my personal

observations

> in

> > > > > my

> > > > > > > > limited knowledge.

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > > www.rudraskharemedy.com

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

> <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > If this is really so as you claim, I appreciate very

> much

> > > > > > your

> > > > > > > > honesty and integrity in making this information

available

> > > > here

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > public. It will be very interesting to see if there are

> any

> > > > > other

> > > > > > > > info from other wholesellers/retailers to challenge or

> refute

> > > > > the

> > > > > > > > information, otherwise I would logically deduct that it

is

> > > > > > > accurate.

> > > > > > > > I find it important that this information is made

> available

> > > > to

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > public, so people know if they are being cheated. I

use(d)

> > > > the

> > > > > > > word

> > > > > > > > cheating very deliberately as this is my opinion of what

> is

> > > > > going

> > > > > > > on,

> > > > > > > > tampering with an unripe bead to make it appear ripe.

This

> is

> > > > > not

> > > > > > > > aimed at your person, this is at what is seemingly going

> on

> > > > in

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > business nowadays to a great extent. As far as I

> understand

> > > > it,

> > > > > > > this

> > > > > > > > phenomenon of harvesting unripe beads has happened in

> recent

> > > > > > > years.

> > > > > > > > As I wrote, I know that beads can be soaked to make them

> > > > appear

> > > > > > > more

> > > > > > > > ripe, but only have limited personal experience and of

> course

> > > > > has

> > > > > > > > read a lot. There is still the claim that a

> > > > > > > > > natural ripened bead will look different, I have seen

> > > > photo

> > > > > of

> > > > > > > > this, but would like to investigate this further.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > About natural hole in Rudraksha, it is a fact that

there

> > > > is

> > > > > > > loose

> > > > > > > > dried matter (residual fruit pulp) inside a natural

hole.

> I

> > > > > have

> > > > > > > seen

> > > > > > > > this several times with the raw beads I have purchased.

> This

> > > > is

> > > > > > > > removed with a toothpick or something similar. If the

hole

> > > > > inside

> > > > > > > is

> > > > > > > > obstructed by wooden matter from the bead itself in any

of

> > > > the

> > > > > > > ends,

> > > > > > > > then we could say it has no natural hole? Connected with

> > > > this I

> > > > > > > have

> > > > > > > > some very interesting info from a major wholeseller in

> Nepal:

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > All nepali rudraksha on the planet have natural hole

> > > > which

> > > > > > can

> > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > easily drilled by tooth pick apart from 4 5 6 mukhi,

which

> > > > have

> > > > > > > > strong seal on the bottom of the beads for which we need

> > > > drill

> > > > > > > > machine to remove.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Is the above statement true or false?

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > I would like to clarify that I do not believe a

> rudraksha

> > > > > > > fruit

> > > > > > > > has to fall off the tree in order for the bead inside to

> be

> > > > > ripe,

> > > > > > > I

> > > > > > > > believe it can be harvested at the peak. It would be

> > > > > interesting

> > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > get the info from someone who has observed this in

person.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Many Thanks,

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > Ole

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > this is a very sticky issue which is why your query

was

> not

> > > > > > > > answered

> > > > > > > > > by others but as i speak the truth, i gave my opinion.

> in

> > > > > fact

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > so called old beads sold by the wholesellers in nepal

> are

> > > > all

> > > > > > > > soaked

> > > > > > > > > in oil for sometime. some wholesellers keep all their

> > > > higher

> > > > > > > mukhi

> > > > > > > > > beads only in oil and they give different reasons like

> > > > > > > protecting

> > > > > > > > > from infestation, to gain weight so that they will

sink

> > > > etc.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > the word cheating does not apply here as the genuinity

> of

> > > > the

> > > > > > > > product

> > > > > > > > > is not tampered. but this soaking in oil happens at

the

> > > > > farmer

> > > > > > > > front

> > > > > > > > > as well as the wholeseller front and hence the

retailers

> > > > are

> > > > > > > > > helpless. many a time, the wholesellers sell the fresh

> > > > unripe

> > > > > > > beads

> > > > > > > > > at cheaper prices and the old heavy ripe beads at

higher

> > > > > > prices.

> > > > > > > > > these suppliers say that they are TREATING the

rudraksha

> > > > > before

> > > > > > > > > making it saleworthy. this factual process is shared

> with

> > > > the

> > > > > > > > > customers beforehand and hence there is no cheating

> > > > involved.

> > > > > > > these

> > > > > > > > > days many people do not volunteer to give answers to

> > > > queries

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > if

> > > > > > > > i

> > > > > > > > > come forward, am attracting choicest words like

cheating

> > > > even

> > > > > > > when

> > > > > > > > i

> > > > > > > > > am presenting the facts as they are.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > many rudrakshas also do not have holes naturally and

> they

> > > > get

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > holes made manually so that they are worth wearing. we

> > > > cannot

> > > > > > > call

> > > > > > > > > this fiddling or tampering. sometimes while making a

> > > > pendant

> > > > > > > even

> > > > > > > > > the seeds that obstruct the hole are removed and one

has

> to

> > > > > > live

> > > > > > > > with

> > > > > > > > > these things if the rudraksha has to become worth

> wearing.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > these days fruits are not ripened naturally on the

trees

> > > > and

> > > > > > are

> > > > > > > > not

> > > > > > > > > allowed to fall on the ground. if they are ripened

> > > > naturally

> > > > > on

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > trees, they are eaten by the birds, monkeys, squirrels

> etc.

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > farmowner does not get any natural fruit in his hand.

so

> he

> > > > > > > plucks

> > > > > > > > > the unripe fruits and store them in a room, ripen it

and

> > > > > sell.

> > > > > > > do

> > > > > > > > > you call all these fruitsellers cheating.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > by using the word cheating, are you suggesting that a

> > > > > rudraksha

> > > > > > > > shall

> > > > > > > > > not be plucked from the tree in the first instance and

> let

> > > > > that

> > > > > > > be

> > > > > > > > > ripened and fall on its own weight and then take it

and

> > > > sell

> > > > > it

> > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > it

> > > > > > > > > is to the retailer. i dont think this happens at all.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > on my part i can only say that the rudraksha ripening

> > > > happens

> > > > > > at

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > farm place or at the wholeseller's place and the

> retailer

> > > > > have

> > > > > > > no

> > > > > > > > > control. if a retailer buys a freshly plucked unripe

> > > > > rudraksha

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > it floats with light weight, the customer does not

take

> it

> > > > at

> > > > > > > all

> > > > > > > > > even though it is genuine and natural because of the

> myth

> > > > > that

> > > > > > a

> > > > > > > > > genuine rudraksha must sink in the water.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > you may like to hear views from other learnt expert

> > > > > researchers

> > > > > > > as

> > > > > > > > to

> > > > > > > > > how they view this curing, treating or soaking the

> > > > rudraksha.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , Ole Alstrup

> > > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Dear Pandit Arjun,

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > I dont think it is the norm to soak beads in oil up

to

> 2

> > > > > > > months

> > > > > > > > > to make them heavy and sink in water? This is called

> > > > > cheating,

> > > > > > > > trying

> > > > > > > > > to pass off unripe beads as ripe! If unripe beads are

> > > > soaked

> > > > > > for

> > > > > > > a

> > > > > > > > > few days they will become heavy and change color,

> soaking

> > > > for

> > > > > > > some

> > > > > > > > > weeks then they can sink, but in any case they will

> darken

> > > > > > quite

> > > > > > > > > quickly and you can see this. If the harvesting season

> > > > starts

> > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > September, soaked beads for 2 months would become

> available

> > > > > > only

> > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > November and that is not the norm, so I dont really

> > > > > understand

> > > > > > > your

> > > > > > > > > reasoning?

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > > Ole

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > panditarjun2004 <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > dear friend ole

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > as per my experience and knowledge, your observation

> is

> > > > > true

> > > > > > > that

> > > > > > > > > > unripe rudraksha are not only light in weight but

also

> > > > > float

> > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > water. hence we do a sort of curing by dipping them

in

> > > > oil

> > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > keep

> > > > > > > > > > them in that condition for few months so that they

> become

> > > > > old

> > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > gain weight and dip in water. here unripe word may

be

> > > > > > > synonymous

> > > > > > > > > > with new, freshly plucked rudraksha as no farmer

waits

> > > > for

> > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > rudraksha to fall on the ground after ripening. so

> this

> > > > is

> > > > > no

> > > > > > > > > secret

> > > > > > > > > > that all freshly plucked rudraksha are kept in oil

for

> > > > few

> > > > > > > months.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > i do not know the answers for the harvesting months

> and

> > > > > other

> > > > > > > > > members

> > > > > > > > > > who have ground knowledge on this may answer this.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > > > > > > > > pandit arjun

> > > > > > > > > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> > > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Dear Fellow Members,

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > I posted the query below last year but without any

> > > > > response

> > > > > > > so

> > > > > > > > > far.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > If anyone has knowledge about this, it would be

very

> > > > > > > welcome.

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Also, I was informed the harvesting season in

Nepal

> > > > > starts

> > > > > > > in

> > > > > > > > > > > September, but also read that many farmers harvest

> > > > their

> > > > > > > beads

> > > > > > > > > too

> > > > > > > > > > > early, this for various reasons. Is the fully

> ripened

> > > > > beads

> > > > > > > > > > > harvested later ie. October, November, December?

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > Ole Alstrup

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > sacred-objects , " alstrup "

> > > > > <alstrup@>

> > > > > > > > wrote:

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > It is said that ripe Rudraksha beads have more

> power

> > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > lifespan

> > > > > > > > > > > than

> > > > > > > > > > > > unripe beads. Is it true that the only

difference

> > > > > between

> > > > > > > a

> > > > > > > > > ripe

> > > > > > > > > > > and

> > > > > > > > > > > > unripe bead is an increase in weight?

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > What is the botanical difference between a ripe

> and a

> > > > > > > unripe

> > > > > > > > > > bead,

> > > > > > > > > > > is it

> > > > > > > > > > > > the matured size of the seeds inside the locules

> of

> > > > the

> > > > > > > bead

> > > > > > > > > > > chambers?

> > > > > > > > > > > > How does one determine if the bead inside a

fruit

> is

> > > > > > fully

> > > > > > > > > ripen

> > > > > > > > > > > on the

> > > > > > > > > > > > tree, according to the ripen look of the fruit?

> > > > > Ideally,

> > > > > > I

> > > > > > > > > guess

> > > > > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > > fruit should fall off the tree by itself for

> Nature

> > > > to

> > > > > > > show

> > > > > > > > the

> > > > > > > > > > > bead is

> > > > > > > > > > > > fully ripen.

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > Thanks,

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > > > ~ Ole

> > > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > > Answers - Get better answers from someone who

> > > > knows.

> > > > > > > Tryit

> > > > > > > > > now.

> > > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > > > For ideas on reducing your carbon footprint visit

> > > > For

> > > > > > > Good

> > > > > > > > this month.

> > > > > > > > >

> > > > > > > >

> > > > > > >

> > > > > >

> > > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > -------------------------

> > > --

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:

> 8/28/2007 4:29 PM

> > > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> -------------------------\

> ------

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.10/977 - Release Date:

> 8/28/2007 4:29 PM

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> -------------------------\

> ------

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.12.12/979 - Release Date:

> 8/29/2007 8:21 PM

> >

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

------\

------

>

>

>

>

> Version: 7.5.484 / Virus Database: 269.13.1/981 - Release Date:

8/31/2007 6:13 AM

>

dear friend

the photorgraphs of the 38mm size 14 mukhi rudraksha with both front

and bottom views are posted in the group's photo section and the url

is

http://ph.sacred-objects/photos/browse/574c

with best wishes and blessings

pandit arjun

www.rudraksharemedy.com

sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup wrote:

>

> OK, I have uploaded them at the photos section, the url is

>

> http://ph.sacred-objects/photos/browse/f026

>

> Looking forward to see the bead you are selling?

>

> ~ Ole

>

> sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> >

> > dear friend

> >

> > kindly add your photographs in the photos section of the group so

> that

> > any member can view it easily.

> >

> > recently i was fortunate to get a very rare collector rudraksha

of

> 14

> > mukhi whose size is nearly 40mm. it is made available to me by

my

> > trusted supplier in nepal and the rudraksha is naturally

ripened.

> this

> > rudraksha is old and the colour is natural.

> >

> > will soon upload photographs of the same in the group's photos

> section.

> >

> > with best wishes and blessings

> > pandit arjun

> > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> >

> > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious 14

> mukhi

> > > bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice the

> specific

> > > brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different from a

> > > semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals and

> became

> > > darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of

> rudraksha will

> > > be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

> > >

> > > ~ Ole

> > >

> >

>

Dear Sir,

Namaskar

Are you selling this bead? What is the price?

Thank you

Satyadharma

sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

<panditarjun2004 wrote:

>

> dear friend

>

> the photorgraphs of the 38mm size 14 mukhi rudraksha with both

front

> and bottom views are posted in the group's photo section and the

url

> is

>

> http://ph.sacred-objects/photos/browse/574c

>

> with best wishes and blessings

> pandit arjun

> www.rudraksharemedy.com

>

>

> sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@> wrote:

> >

> > OK, I have uploaded them at the photos section, the url is

> >

> > http://ph.sacred-

objects/photos/browse/f026

> >

> > Looking forward to see the bead you are selling?

> >

> > ~ Ole

> >

> > sacred-objects , " panditarjun2004 "

> > <panditarjun2004@> wrote:

> > >

> > > dear friend

> > >

> > > kindly add your photographs in the photos section of the group

so

> > that

> > > any member can view it easily.

> > >

> > > recently i was fortunate to get a very rare collector

rudraksha

> of

> > 14

> > > mukhi whose size is nearly 40mm. it is made available to me

by

> my

> > > trusted supplier in nepal and the rudraksha is naturally

> ripened.

> > this

> > > rudraksha is old and the colour is natural.

> > >

> > > will soon upload photographs of the same in the group's photos

> > section.

> > >

> > > with best wishes and blessings

> > > pandit arjun

> > > www.rudraksharemedy.com

> > >

> > > sacred-objects , " alstrup " <alstrup@>

wrote:

> > > >

> > > >

> > > >

> > > > Below is an interesting double sided photo of an auspicious

> > mukhi

> > > > bead (28mm size) claimed to be completely ripened. Notice

the

> > specific

> > > > brownish saturated color which imho looks quite different

from a

> > > > semiripe bead that was either olied or dyed with chemicals

and

> > became

> > > > darker. This source informed me generally only 5-10% of

> > rudraksha will

> > > > be ripened till this color appears. Comments?

> > > >

> > > > ~ Ole

> > > >

> > >

> >

>