Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Saskia van As

hindu

Tuesday, June 19, 2001 10:12

Book

Dear Center,

For many years I have wanted to translate Vivekananda's books, in Dutch.I understand that would be an enormous task. I do not know if there exist already a translation, if so it has disappeared. The English Vivakananda books are not for sale in the bookstores in Holland.

I am a medical doctor with a practice in alternative health and I use meditation in my work. I did live for 13 years in the USA in California and had a spiritual teacher. I regret so much that these wonderful books are not available. Could you give me advise on this subject. I hope you can help me to contact the right person.

Sincerely,

Saskia van As

======response==========

Dear Saskia

I will check to see if there is a Dutch translation on the works of

Swami Vivekananda. Maybe you are the one destined to do it!!

Your love for the works of Swami Vivekananda is touching.

Yes, we agree that the work of Swami Vivekananda is very valuable

treasury for mankind and should be made accessible to people of

all nations.

There is a Ramakrishna Vedanta Centre in Holland you may want

to get in touch with them directly for any books in Holland:

Ramakrishna Vedanta Verniging Nederland

De Vlaschaard 57, 1183 KM Amstelveen

Phone and fax 31-20-4410155

jay

Vivekananda Centre London

http://www.vivekananda.co.uk

• 2 years later...

This came from

M P Bhattathiri

Vivekananda Centre

Sunday, November 09, 2003 05:05

book

HOLY MOTHER: Being The Life Of Sri Sarada Devi, Wife Of Ramakrishna & Helpmate In His Mission

This book beautifully describes the life of Holy Mother, Sri Sarada Devi, and will inspire spiritual seekers of all faiths. Holy Mother, the wife of Sri Ramakrishna, the 19th century God man of India, has been described as the Divine Mother of the Universe. "Outwardly Holy Mother lived as an average Hindu woman, devoting herself to the faithful discharge of her household duties, often unpleasant and frustrating. Inwardly she practised total non-attachment and remained undisturbed by what happened in the physical world. Never did her mind deviate from contact with God." Written by Swami Nikhilananda, a direct disciple of Holy Mother, this book contains chapters on "What Holy Mother Taught", "Spiritual Practices", "Women of India", as well as, 50 pictures. Quality Paperback. Pages 384

• 3 years later...

Team, I am a new joiner in this group. I need to know what is Lal Kitab and for what this is used and where can one download it. Regards, Ranga

Building a website is a piece of cake. Small Business gives you all the tools to get online.