IndiaDivine.org

Lord Chaitanya about women

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Abhi,

I wanted to also mention about Lord Chaitanya's not meeting with women. He also

refused to meet the King of Puri, Prataprudra, a man, because he was a king.

Also, Lord Chaitanya lived in a ground level small bare cell in Puri and NEVER

had a balcony. His was extreme case of vairagya. He said a vairagi should not

even SEE the " wooden form of a women " . He was not saying bad about women, rather

he was talking about the inbred weakness in men. And his advice was for tyagis

(only). Y/s, Richard

sacred-objects , " Richard Shaw-Brown " <rsbj66 wrote:

>

> Hi Abhi,

>

> LOrd Chaitanya was strict about females because he was playing the part of a

dandi-

sanyasi. The case you mention below I have never heard that. Y/s, Richard

>

> sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu@> wrote:

> >

> > Yes Sir,

> >

> > I also hear that ladies were not allowed to get to close to Lord

Chaitanya. I learnt that

> they were allowed Darshana from a distance of min 10 mts, or Mahaprabhu would

appear

> in the Balcony & they used to have his darshana from the ground.

> >

> > Why so!!!!

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66@> wrote:

> > Hi Abhi,

> >

> > I wonder where Mira got the idea that Krishna was the only male ever born.

Obviously

> she knows about Balaram, and Arjuna, and all Krishna's sakhas, and Nanda

Maharaj, all

> males. Obviously she was wrong (or right, in her admission of mistake). But to

stop Mira

> from entering a temple of Krishna is also wrong. It can only be the pleasure

of the Lord,

> otherwise how is this all possible.

> >

> > My question is WHO has started this " rule " that womern cannot touch

Shalagram?

> >

> > Y/s,

> > Richard

> >

> > sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu@> wrote:

> > >

> > > Hello Sir,

> > >

> > > It begins with the lady doesn't it!!! If she is so singularly attachted to

the Lord, then

> it's

> > fine. What is bleeding afterall, a anatonomical feature!!! Suppose a person

is visiting a

> > temple, he/she as a mark of respect would not carry leather items into it,

might wear

a

> > dhoti (as mandatory in some temples). I know of some non-veg people, who

conciously

> > avoid eating non-veg the day they have to visit a temple & above all horny

gentlemen

> who

> > make a exception on the night before they visit the Lord..

> > >

> > > But all this is external. Now, can the lady in question stop periods from

taking

place,

> > its not a voluntary function!!! while she has the choice of not worshipping

the Lord

> during

> > that phase, but that would breach the celestial protocol!!! If we think from

the point of

> > view as to what is that which is actually worshiping, the Atman & Atman is

not stained

> by

> > the bleeding, so its fine!!!

> > >

> > > Bhava is singularly more important than, mere ritualism. How can we jugde

the

depth

> > of her devotion when the lord does'nt seem to be objecting....

> > >

> > > I am reminded of a incident in Mother Mira's life. She wanted to enter a

temple of

> Lord,

> > but was denied entry on the grounds that only men are permitted inside the

sanctum.

> She

> > smiled at the Panda's, & exclaimed " & What a fool I was to think that My

Lord was the

> only

> > male ever born. "

> > >

> > > Dry Humor at its Peak.

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66@> wrote:

> > > We know of one women who is worshipping Shalagram Shila. Is this wrong?

What

> > is the outcome? I heard that ONLY women could worship AFTER menopause. But

this

> lady

> > worships even during her period. What is right?

> > >

> > > Thanks,

> > > Richard

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > >

> > > Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.

> > >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.

> >

>

Dear saint, JAI SHRI KRISHNA- The idea inherrent has little bit misunderstood . All the saints were conceived by their mother, and arrived on land thereaccording. Who said they hated their mother? Practically they respected like almighty lordgod their mother- and naturally the man can'nt be a mother. This clearly & openly establishes that they respected women. THANKS N REGARDS Shrinath Maheshwari

Never miss a thing. Make your homepage.

Dear Sir, Glories to the Diksha Disciple of Lord Ishwarpuri. Infact those close to Lord Chaitanya were cautious in allowing even men to come near him, cause Lord used to draw their sufferings & take them upon himself, But the lucky ones were benefitted even in far-off places like Varanasi. The crowning Glory of the Kula of Ma Katyayani (the Kula-Mata of Mishra's) was not limited by geographical locations. Lord Chaitanya's basic premise for not allowing women within 10 feet (not mts), was a pointer to his monastic disciples. But a Lot of his women disciples were benefiited by his ceaseless grace nonetheless. At times he used to give Darshana from a Balcony at the Puri Temple, you can say i quote an eyewitness.... May the ceaseless grace of the Regent of Vaishnava World Sanat-Kumara always uplift us & Sir, if i may most humbly add, May the lotus feet of Lord Narayana , the priordial one, be in our thoughts. Aapka Chhota Bhai Abhi Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66 wrote: Dear Abhi,I wanted to also mention about Lord Chaitanya's not meeting with women. He also refused to meet the King of Puri, Prataprudra, a man, because he was a king. Also, Lord Chaitanya lived in a ground level small

bare cell in Puri and NEVER had a balcony. His was extreme case of vairagya. He said a vairagi should not even SEE the "wooden form of a women". He was not saying bad about women, rather he was talking about the inbred weakness in men. And his advice was for tyagis (only). Y/s, Richardsacred-objects , "Richard Shaw-Brown" <rsbj66 wrote:>> Hi Abhi,> > LOrd Chaitanya was strict about females because he was playing the part of a dandi-sanyasi. The case you mention below I have never heard that. Y/s, Richard> > sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu@> wrote:> >> > Yes Sir,> >> > I also hear that ladies were not allowed to get to close to Lord Chaitanya. I learnt that> they were

allowed Darshana from a distance of min 10 mts, or Mahaprabhu would appear> in the Balcony & they used to have his darshana from the ground.> >> > Why so!!!!> >> >> >> >> > Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66@> wrote:> > Hi Abhi,> >> > I wonder where Mira got the idea that Krishna was the only male ever born. Obviously> she knows about Balaram, and Arjuna, and all Krishna's sakhas, and Nanda Maharaj, all> males. Obviously she was wrong (or right, in her admission of mistake). But to stop Mira> from entering a temple of Krishna is also wrong. It can only be the pleasure of the Lord,> otherwise how is this all possible.> >> > My question is WHO has started this "rule" that womern cannot touch Shalagram?> >> > Y/s,> > Richard> >> > sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu@> wrote:> > >> > > Hello Sir,> > >> > > It begins with the lady doesn't it!!! If she is so singularly attachted to the Lord, then> it's> > fine. What is bleeding afterall, a anatonomical feature!!! Suppose a person is visiting a> > temple, he/she as a mark of respect would not carry leather items into it, might wear a> > dhoti (as mandatory in some temples). I know of some non-veg people, who conciously> > avoid eating non-veg the day they have to visit a temple & above all horny gentlemen> who> > make a exception on the night before they visit the Lord..> > >> > > But all this is external. Now, can the lady in question stop periods from taking place,> > its not a voluntary

function!!! while she has the choice of not worshipping the Lord> during> > that phase, but that would breach the celestial protocol!!! If we think from the point of> > view as to what is that which is actually worshiping, the Atman & Atman is not stained> by> > the bleeding, so its fine!!!> > >> > > Bhava is singularly more important than, mere ritualism. How can we jugde the depth> > of her devotion when the lord does'nt seem to be objecting....> > >> > > I am reminded of a incident in Mother Mira's life. She wanted to enter a temple of> Lord,> > but was denied entry on the grounds that only men are permitted inside the sanctum.> She> > smiled at the Panda's, & exclaimed " & What a fool I was to think that My Lord was the> only> > male ever born."> > >> > > Dry Humor at

its Peak.> > >> > >> > >> > > Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66@> wrote:> > > We know of one women who is worshipping Shalagram Shila. Is this wrong? What> > is the outcome? I heard that ONLY women could worship AFTER menopause. But this> lady> > worships even during her period. What is right?> > >> > > Thanks,> > > Richard> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > > > > > Why delete messages? Unlimited storage is just a click away.> > >> >> >> >> >> >> >> > > > Get the freedom to save as many mails as you wish. Click here to know how.>

>>

Forgot the famous last words? Access your message archive online.