IndiaDivine.org

Our Family's Brush with Pushti

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear All, My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti Marga. The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her day with highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna Parabrahman. Even at the ripe age of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned the Pratimurti of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the morning & ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord adorning different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after the lord was ceremonially fed by her own caring hands. As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her), experienced the most exalted state of adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the divine intoxication called

Kirtana. As realization dawned upon Biji, that her time on this earth was about to conclude, she decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the Pratimurti, as she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to maintain the loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on divine instruction that the Pratimuri was placed inside the Triveni at Prayaga. Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's. What I tell you now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her last rites, my maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded cobra appeared right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the ashes. This extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the

boatman. It was as though Adi Shesha was instructed by the Lord to give the final loving benediction of his devotee to her relatives. This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's family. Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving the rewards of Biji's Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever they did. She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's (my mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber of my heart. I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the privilege of meeting you.... aum tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanamurvaarukamiva bandhanaat mrityormukshiiya

maamritaat.

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

Very touching and enlightening. Thanks for sharing this. best regards, JayAbhishek Dutta <benarsibabu wrote: Dear All, My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti Marga. The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her day with highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna Parabrahman. Even at the ripe age

of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned the Pratimurti of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the morning & ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord adorning different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after the lord was ceremonially fed by her own caring hands. As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her), experienced the most exalted state of adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the divine intoxication called Kirtana. As realization dawned upon Biji, that her time on this earth was about to conclude, she decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the Pratimurti, as she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to maintain the loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on

divine instruction that the Pratimuri was placed inside the Triveni at Prayaga. Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's. What I tell you now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her last rites, my maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded cobra appeared right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the ashes. This extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the boatman. It was as though Adi Shesha was instructed by the Lord to give the final loving benediction of his devotee to her relatives. This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's family. Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving

the rewards of Biji's Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever they did. She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's (my mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber of my heart. I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the privilege of meeting you.... aum tryambakam yajaamahe sugandhim pushtivardhanamurvaarukamiva bandhanaat mrityormukshiiya maamritaat. Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

Get easy, one-click access to your favorites. Make your homepage.

Hi Abhi,

Having read the entire Chaitanya Charitamrita a few times I'm pretty clear on

Lord Chaitanya and his spiritual relationship with Acharya Vallabha. Gaudiya

Vaishnavism is ALSO referred to as " Pusti Marg " and shares this common

understanding.

This was explained to me as Kapi-nyaya (monkey logic) v/s Kitten (billi) logic.

The monkey must make efforts to ascend or cling to the mother otherwise it gets

left behind. This is the ascending process where the sadhaka thinks him/her self

able to defeat Maha-Maya shakti and attain the association of God by their own

efforts.

But the kitten is helpless and depends on the " pusti " of it's mother for life

and safety. In the same way the " Pusti-marga " sadhaka thinks, " Maya is an

invinciple power of Bhagavan, I am a tiny jivatma, I have no power to surmount

Maya. Therefore (like a helpless kitten) the sadhaka prays to be " picked up " by

the mercy (pusti) of Krishna (God).

So the ascending process of the arrogant OR descending (of grace) process of the

humble.

This is to best of my understanding. I count myself as a follower of " Pusti

Marga " since 1967

Beautiful story, Abhi! No doubt your Praternal grandmother is serving

Balakrishna even now and forever, by His PUSTI.

Y/s,

Richard

sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu wrote:

>

> Dear All,

>

> My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti

Marga.

The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her

day with

highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna Parabrahman.

>

> Even at the ripe age of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned

the Pratimurti

of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the

morning &

ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord

adorning

different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after the

lord was

ceremonially fed by her own caring hands.

>

> As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her),

experienced

the most exalted state of adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the

divine

intoxication called Kirtana.

>

> As realization dawned upon Biji, that her time on this earth was about to

conclude, she

decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the

Pratimurti, as

she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to

maintain the

loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on divine instruction that the

Pratimuri was placed

inside the Triveni at Prayaga.

>

> Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's.

What I tell you

now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her

last rites, my

maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the

designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded cobra

appeared right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the

ashes. This

extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the boatman. It

was as

though Adi Shesha was instructed by the Lord to give the final loving

benediction of his

devotee to her relatives.

>

> This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's

family.

>

> Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving the rewards

of Biji's

Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever

they did.

She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's

(my

mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber of

my heart.

>

>

> I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the

privilege of

meeting you....

>

> aum tryambakam yajaamahe

> sugandhim pushtivardhanam

> urvaarukamiva bandhanaat

> mrityormukshiiya maamritaat.

>

>

>

>

> Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

>

Hrishikeshji, We consider ourselves to be lucky!!! My mother fondly recollects the loving manner of her grandmother. The miraculous incident i mention took place in the year 1965. I appreciate diversity, some children are arrogant but that does not mean they do not love their parents. Parents in truest sense are neutral, they must provide Pushti (nourishment), to both the monkey as well as the kitten, in equal measure. Above all one must be fearless, & overcome Self Limiting Concepts. I have learnt of a tradition which inculcates its students to be like Lions... Energetic, Youthful, with a majestic walk, completely fearless, King of all He Surveys. & I am proud to be a cub of that tradition Yours Abhi Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66 wrote: Hi Abhi,Having read the entire Chaitanya Charitamrita a few times I'm pretty clear on Lord Chaitanya and his spiritual relationship with Acharya Vallabha. Gaudiya Vaishnavism is ALSO referred to as "Pusti Marg" and shares this common understanding.This was explained to me as Kapi-nyaya (monkey logic) v/s Kitten (billi) logic. The monkey must make efforts to ascend or cling to the mother otherwise it gets left behind. This is the ascending process where the sadhaka thinks

him/her self able to defeat Maha-Maya shakti and attain the association of God by their own efforts. But the kitten is helpless and depends on the "pusti" of it's mother for life and safety. In the same way the "Pusti-marga" sadhaka thinks, "Maya is an invinciple power of Bhagavan, I am a tiny jivatma, I have no power to surmount Maya. Therefore (like a helpless kitten) the sadhaka prays to be "picked up" by the mercy (pusti) of Krishna (God).So the ascending process of the arrogant OR descending (of grace) process of the humble.This is to best of my understanding. I count myself as a follower of "Pusti Marga" since 1967Beautiful story, Abhi! No doubt your Praternal grandmother is serving Balakrishna even now and forever, by His PUSTI.Y/s,Richardsacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu wrote:>> Dear

All,> > My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti Marga. The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her day with highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna Parabrahman.> > Even at the ripe age of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned the Pratimurti of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the morning & ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord adorning different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after the lord was ceremonially fed by her own caring hands.> > As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her), experienced the most exalted state of adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the divine intoxication called Kirtana.> > As realization dawned upon

Biji, that her time on this earth was about to conclude, she decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the Pratimurti, as she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to maintain the loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on divine instruction that the Pratimuri was placed inside the Triveni at Prayaga.> > Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's. What I tell you now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her last rites, my maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded cobra appeared right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the ashes. This extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the boatman. It was as though Adi Shesha was instructed by

the Lord to give the final loving benediction of his devotee to her relatives.> > This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's family.> > Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving the rewards of Biji's Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever they did. She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's (my mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber of my heart.> > > I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the privilege of meeting you....> > aum tryambakam yajaamahe > sugandhim pushtivardhanam> urvaarukamiva bandhanaat > mrityormukshiiya maamritaat.> > > > > Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all

under one roof. >

Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

Hi Abhi,

I remember my Gurus teaching me the three levels of devotees:

1) Kanistha adikari - beginner. They think they know and understand everything.

And they are better than others. Proud as lion.

2) Madhyam adikari - middle range devotee - is actually expert in Shastra.

Avoids non-devotees. Understands their actual position as not completely

realized. Reasonable.

3) Uttama adikari - top level self-realized devotee - they think they know

nothing and have no devotion. They realize their insignificance. Humble as

grass.

Best wishes,

Richard

sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu wrote:

>

> Hrishikeshji,

>

> We consider ourselves to be lucky!!! My mother fondly recollects the loving

manner of

her grandmother. The miraculous incident i mention took place in the year 1965.

>

> I appreciate diversity, some children are arrogant but that does not mean

they do not

love their parents. Parents in truest sense are neutral, they must provide

Pushti

(nourishment), to both the monkey as well as the kitten, in equal measure.

>

> Above all one must be fearless, & overcome Self Limiting Concepts.

>

> I have learnt of a tradition which inculcates its students to be like

Lions... Energetic,

Youthful, with a majestic walk, completely fearless, King of all He Surveys.

>

> & I am proud to be a cub of that tradition

>

>

> Yours

> Abhi

>

>

>

> Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66 wrote:

> Hi Abhi,

>

> Having read the entire Chaitanya Charitamrita a few times I'm pretty clear on

Lord

Chaitanya and his spiritual relationship with Acharya Vallabha. Gaudiya

Vaishnavism is

ALSO referred to as " Pusti Marg " and shares this common understanding.

>

> This was explained to me as Kapi-nyaya (monkey logic) v/s Kitten (billi)

logic.

>

> The monkey must make efforts to ascend or cling to the mother otherwise it

gets left

behind. This is the ascending process where the sadhaka thinks him/her self able

to

defeat Maha-Maya shakti and attain the association of God by their own efforts.

>

> But the kitten is helpless and depends on the " pusti " of it's mother for life

and safety. In

the same way the " Pusti-marga " sadhaka thinks, " Maya is an invinciple power of

Bhagavan,

I am a tiny jivatma, I have no power to surmount Maya. Therefore (like a

helpless kitten)

the sadhaka prays to be " picked up " by the mercy (pusti) of Krishna (God).

>

> So the ascending process of the arrogant OR descending (of grace) process of

the

humble.

>

> This is to best of my understanding. I count myself as a follower of " Pusti

Marga " since

>

> Beautiful story, Abhi! No doubt your Praternal grandmother is serving

Balakrishna even

now and forever, by His PUSTI.

>

> Y/s,

> Richard

>

> sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu@> wrote:

> >

> > Dear All,

> >

> > My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti

Marga.

> The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her

day with

> highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna

Parabrahman.

> >

> > Even at the ripe age of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned

the Pratimurti

> of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the

morning &

> ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord

adorning

> different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after

the lord was

> ceremonially fed by her own caring hands.

> >

> > As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her),

experienced

> the most exalted state of adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the

divine

> intoxication called Kirtana.

> >

> > As realization dawned upon Biji, that her time on this earth was about to

conclude,

she

> decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the

Pratimurti, as

> she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to

maintain the

> loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on divine instruction that the

Pratimuri was

placed

> inside the Triveni at Prayaga.

> >

> > Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's.

What I tell

you

> now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her

last rites, my

> maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the

> designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded

cobra

> appeared right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the

ashes. This

> extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the boatman.

It was as

> though Adi Shesha was instructed by the Lord to give the final loving

benediction of his

> devotee to her relatives.

> >

> > This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's

family.

> >

> > Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving the rewards

of

Biji's

> Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever

they did.

> She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's

(my

> mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber

of my heart.

> >

> >

> > I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the

privilege of

> meeting you....

> >

> > aum tryambakam yajaamahe

> > sugandhim pushtivardhanam

> > urvaarukamiva bandhanaat

> > mrityormukshiiya maamritaat.

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

> >

> Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof.

>

Dear Sir, Namaskar.... Abou ben Adam (may his tribe increase!) awoke one night from a deep dream of peace, And saw, within the moonlight of his room, Making it rich, and like a lily in bloom, an angel, writing in a book of of gold. Exceeding peace had made Ben Adam bold, And to the Prescence in the room he said: "What writest thou?" The vision raised its head, And, with a look made of all sweet accord, Answered, "The names of those who love the Lord.And is mine one?"said Abou, "Nay, not so," Replied the angel. Abou spoke more low, But cheerily still, and said, "I pray thee, then, Write me as one who loves his fellow men." The angel wrote, and vanished. The

next night It came again, with a great awakening light, And showed the names whom love of God had blest, And lo! Ben adam's name led all the rest. Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66 wrote: Hi Abhi,I remember my Gurus teaching me the three levels of devotees:1) Kanistha adikari - beginner. They think they know and understand everything. And they are better than others. Proud as lion.2) Madhyam adikari - middle range devotee - is actually expert in Shastra. Avoids non-devotees. Understands

their actual position as not completely realized. Reasonable.3) Uttama adikari - top level self-realized devotee - they think they know nothing and have no devotion. They realize their insignificance. Humble as grass.Best wishes,Richardsacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta <benarsibabu wrote:>> Hrishikeshji,> > We consider ourselves to be lucky!!! My mother fondly recollects the loving manner of her grandmother. The miraculous incident i mention took place in the year 1965.> > I appreciate diversity, some children are arrogant but that does not mean they do not love their parents. Parents in truest sense are neutral, they must provide Pushti (nourishment), to both the monkey as well as the kitten, in equal measure.> > Above all one must be fearless, & overcome Self Limiting

Concepts.> > I have learnt of a tradition which inculcates its students to be like Lions... Energetic, Youthful, with a majestic walk, completely fearless, King of all He Surveys.> > & I am proud to be a cub of that tradition> > > Yours> Abhi> > > > Richard Shaw-Brown <rsbj66 wrote:> Hi Abhi,> > Having read the entire Chaitanya Charitamrita a few times I'm pretty clear on Lord Chaitanya and his spiritual relationship with Acharya Vallabha. Gaudiya Vaishnavism is ALSO referred to as "Pusti Marg" and shares this common understanding.> > This was explained to me as Kapi-nyaya (monkey logic) v/s Kitten (billi) logic. > > The monkey must make efforts to ascend or cling to the mother otherwise it gets left behind. This is the ascending process where the sadhaka thinks him/her self able to defeat Maha-Maya shakti

and attain the association of God by their own efforts. > > But the kitten is helpless and depends on the "pusti" of it's mother for life and safety. In the same way the "Pusti-marga" sadhaka thinks, "Maya is an invinciple power of Bhagavan, I am a tiny jivatma, I have no power to surmount Maya. Therefore (like a helpless kitten) the sadhaka prays to be "picked up" by the mercy (pusti) of Krishna (God).> > So the ascending process of the arrogant OR descending (of grace) process of the humble.> > This is to best of my understanding. I count myself as a follower of "Pusti Marga" since 1967> > Beautiful story, Abhi! No doubt your Praternal grandmother is serving Balakrishna even now and forever, by His PUSTI.> > Y/s,> Richard> > sacred-objects , Abhishek Dutta

<benarsibabu@> wrote:> >> > Dear All,> > > > My mother's Paternal Grandmother was a ardent follower of Vallabha's Pushti Marga. > The benevolent family patriach was a great devotee of Thakurji. She filled her day with > highest rasa, that of unflinching devotional love for Shri Krishna Parabrahman.> > > > Even at the ripe age of 86, she lovingly stiched the clothes that adorned the Pratimurti > of the Lord. & perform the daily bhava ceremonies beginning at 3 am in the morning & > ending with the Sayana Darshana. Eight different Pujas in a day, with the Lord adorning > different bhavas. The food for the entire household was partaken only after the lord was > ceremonially fed by her own caring hands.> > > > As she became older Biji (as her grandchildren used to lovingly called her), experienced > the most exalted state of

adhidaivika. She became completely immersed in the divine > intoxication called Kirtana.> > > > As realization dawned upon Biji, that her time on this earth was about to conclude, she > decided to (albeit with a heaviest of hearts), to perform the Visarjan of the Pratimurti, as > she knew that none of the children (even though devout), would be able to maintain the > loving routine of Thakurji's Seva. It was on divine instruction that the Pratimuri was placed > inside the Triveni at Prayaga.> > > > Soon after that Biji, left for her deserved spot in the land of the Hamsa's. What I tell you > now, is the Pushti (eternal verification of her Bhakti). After performing her last rites, my > maternal grandfather went to Prayaga to immerse the ashes. When he reached the > designated spot & emptied the contents of the earthern pot, A three hooded cobra > appeared

right in the middle of the river as though providing cover to the ashes. This > extraordinary miracle was witnessed by 3 relatives, the Panda & the boatman. It was as > though Adi Shesha was instructed by the Lord to give the final loving benediction of his > devotee to her relatives.> > > > This incident is still recounted by the succeding generations of Panda's family.> > > > Our family (maternal) branched out of Jammu, as though receiving the rewards of Biji's > Seva, many of her grandchildren became IAS officers, they excelled in whatever they did. > She left something special for me though, handed out to my Nanaji for Prabha's (my > mother) son. A spiritual relic, which i have placed in the innermost chamber of my heart.> > > > > > I always remember you biji, very fondly, even though i never had the privilege of > meeting you....> >

> > aum tryambakam yajaamahe > > sugandhim pushtivardhanam> > urvaarukamiva bandhanaat > > mrityormukshiiya maamritaat.> > > > > > > > > > Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. > >> > > > > > > > Share files, take polls, and discuss your passions - all under one roof. >

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here