IndiaDivine.org

Sri Narasimha Chaturdasi Smaran

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SB 7.8.6: My son Prahlada, you rascal, you know that when I am angry all the planets of the three worlds tremble, along with their chief rulers. By whose power has a rascal like you become so impudent that you appear fearless and overstep my power to rule you?SB 7.8.7: Prahlada Maharaja said: My dear King, the source of my strength, of which you are asking, is also the source of yours.

Indeed, the original source of all kinds of strength is one. He is not only your strength or mine, but the only strength for everyone. Without Him, no one can get any strength. Whether moving or not moving, superior or inferior, everyone, including Lord Brahma, is controlled by the strength of the Supreme Personality of Godhead.SB 7.8.8: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who is the supreme controller and time factor, is the power of the senses, the power of the mind, the power of the body, and the vital force of the senses. His influence is unlimited. He is the best of all living entities, the controller of the three modes of material nature. By His own power, He creates this cosmic manifestation, maintains it and

annihilates it also.SB 7.8.9: Prahlada Maharaja continued: My dear father, please give up your demoniac mentality. Do not discriminate in your heart between enemies and friends; make your mind equipoised toward everyone. Except for the uncontrolled and misguided mind, there is no enemy within this world. When one sees everyone on the platform of equality, one then comes to the position of worshiping the Lord perfectly.SB 7.8.10: In former times there were many fools like you who did not conquer

the six enemies that steal away the wealth of the body. These fools were very proud, thinking, "I have conquered all enemies in all the ten directions." But if a person is victorious over the six enemies and is equipoised toward all living entities, for him there are no enemies. Enemies are merely imagined by one in ignorance.SB 7.8.11: Hiranayakasipu replied: You rascal, you are trying to minimize my value, as if you were better than me at controlling the senses. This is over-intelligent. I can therefore understand that you desire to die at my hands, for this kind of nonsensical talk is indulged in by those about to die.SB 7.8.12: O most unfortunate Prahlada, you have always described a supreme being other than me, a supreme being who is above everything, who is the controller of everyone, and who is all-pervading. But where is He? If He is everywhere, then why is He not present before me in this pillar?SB 7.8.13: Because you are speaking so much nonsense, I shall now sever your head from your body. Now let me see your most worshipable God come to protect you. I want to see it.SB 7.8.14: Being obsessed

with anger, Hiraṇyakaśipu, who was very great in bodily strength, thus chastised his exalted devotee-son Prahlada with harsh words. Cursing him again and again, Hiraṇyakaśipu took up his sword, got up from his royal throne, and with great anger struck his fist against the column.SB 7.8.15: Then from within the pillar came a fearful sound, which appeared to crack the covering of the universe. This sound reached even the abodes of the demigods like Lord Brahma, and when the demigods heard it, they thought, "Oh, now our planets are being destroyed!"SB 7.8.16: While showing his extraordinary prowess, Hiranyakashipu, who desired to kill his own son, heard that wonderful, tumultuous sound, which had never before been heard. Upon hearing the sound, the other leaders of the demons were afraid. None of them could find the origin of that sound in the assembly.SB 7.8.17: To prove that the statement of His servant PrahladaMaharaja was substantial — in other words, to prove that the Supreme Lord is present everywhere, even within the pillar of an assembly hall — the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Hari, exhibited a wonderful form never before seen. The form was

neither that of a man nor that of a lion. Thus the Lord appeared in His wonderful form in the assembly hall.SB 7.8.18: While Hiranayakasipu looked all around to find the source of the sound, that wonderful form of the Lord, which could not be ascertained to be either a man or a lion, emerged from the pillar. In amazement, Hiranayakasipu wondered, "What is this creature that is half man and half lion?"SB 7.8.19-22: Hiranayakasipu studied the form of the Lord, trying to decide who the form of Narasimhadeva standing before him was. The Lord's form was extremely fearsome because of His angry

eyes, which resembled molten gold; His shining mane, which expanded the dimensions of His fearful face; His deadly teeth; and His razor-sharp tongue, which moved about like a dueling sword. His ears were erect and motionless, and His nostrils and gaping mouth appeared like caves of a mountain. His jaws parted fearfully, and His entire body touched the sky. His neck was very short and thick, His chest broad, His waist thin, and the hairs on His body as white as the rays of the moon. His arms, which resembled flanks of soldiers, spread in all directions as He killed the demons, rogues and atheists with His conchshell, disc, club, lotus and other natural weapons.SB 7.8.23: Hiranayakasipu murmured to himself, "Lord Vishnu, who possesses great mystic power, has made this plan to kill me, but what is the use of such an attempt? Who can fight with me?" Thinking like this and taking up his club, Hiranayakasipu attacked the Lord like an elephant.SB 7.8.24: Just as a small insect falls forcefully into a fire and the insignificant creature becomes invisible, when Hiranayakasipu attacked the Lord, who was full of effulgence, Hiranayakasipu became invisible. This is not at all astonishing, for the Lord is always situated in pure goodness. Formerly, during creation, He entered the dark universe and illuminated it by His spiritual effulgence.SB 7.8.25: Thereafter, the great demon Hiranayakasipu, who was extremely angry, swiftly attacked NrÌ£simÌhadeva with his club and began to beat Him. Lord Narasimhadeva, however, captured the great demon, along with his club, just as Garuda might capture a great snake.SB 7.8.26: O Yudisthira, O great son of Bharata, when Lord Narasimhadeva gave Hiranayakasipu a chance to slip from His hand, just as Garuda sometimes plays with a snake and lets it slip from his mouth, the demigods, who had lost their abodes and who were hiding behind the clouds for fear of the demon, did not consider that incident very good. Indeed, they were perturbed.SB 7.8.27: When Hiranayakasipu was freed from the hands of Narasimhadeva, he falsely thought that the Lord was afraid of his prowess. Therefore, after taking a little rest from the fight, he took up his sword and shield and again attacked the Lord with great force.SB 7.8.28: Making a loud, shrill sound of laughter, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narayana, who is extremely strong and powerful, captured Hiranayakasipu, who was protecting himself with his sword and shield, leaving no gaps open. With the speed of a hawk, Hiranayakasipu moved

sometimes in the sky and sometimes on the earth, his eyes closed because of fear of NrÌ£simÌhadeva's laughter.SB 7.8.29: As a snake captures a mouse or Garuda captures a very venomous snake, Lord Narasimhadeva captured Hiranayakasipu, who could not be pierced even by the thunderbolt of King Indra. Hiranayakasipu moved his limbs here, there and all around, very much afflicted at being captured, Lord Narasimhadeva placed the demon on His lap, supporting him with His thighs, and in the doorway of the assembly hall the Lord very easily tore the demon to pieces with the nails of His hand.SB 7.8.30: Lord NrÌ£simÌhadeva's mouth and mane were sprinkled with drops of blood, and His fierce eyes, full of anger, were impossible to look at. Licking the edge of His mouth with His tongue, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Narasimhadeva, decorated with a garland of intestines taken from Hiranayakasipu's abdomen, resembled a lion that has just killed an elephant.SB 7.8.31: The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who had many, many arms, first uprooted Hiranayakasipu's heart and then threw him aside and turned toward the demon's soldiers. These soldiers had come in thousands

to fight with Him with raised weapons and were very faithful followers of Hiranayakasipu, but Lord Narasimhadeva killed all of them merely with the ends of His nails.SB 7.8.32: The hair on Narasimhadeva's head shook the clouds and scattered them here and there, His glaring eyes stole the effulgence of the luminaries in the sky, and His breathing agitated the seas and oceans. Because of His roaring, all the elephants in the world began to cry in fear.SB 7.8.33: Airplanes were thrown into outer space and the upper planetary system by the hair on Narasimhadeva's head. Because of the pressure of the

Lord's lotus feet, the earth appeared to slip from its position, and all the hills and mountains sprang up due to His intolerable force. Because of the Lord's bodily effulgence, both the sky and all directions diminished in their natural illumination.SB 7.8.34: Manifesting a full effulgence and a fearsome countenance, Lord Narasimha, being very angry and finding no contestant to face His power and opulence, then sat down in the assembly hall on the excellent throne of the king. Because of fear and obedience, no one could come forward to serve the Lord directly.SB 7.8.35: Hiranayakasipu had been exactly like a fever of meningitis in the head of the three worlds. Thus when the wives of the demigods in the heavenly planets saw that the great demon had been killed by the personal hands of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, their faces blossomed in great joy. The wives of the demigods again and again showered flowers from heaven upon Lord Narasimhadeva like rain.SB 7.8.36: At that time, the airplanes of the demigods, who desired to see the activities of the Supreme Lord, Narasimha crowded the sky. The demigods began beating drums and kettledrums, and upon hearing them the angelic women began to dance, while the chiefs of the

Gandharvas sang sweetly.Send instant messages to your online friends http://uk.messenger.

Guest guest

Please enjoy these pastimes of Lord Narasimhadeva told by pujari at a

famous Gaudiya Vaishnava temple in West Bengal.

http://www.mayapur.com/main/?q=node/841

sacred-objects , Richard Shaw Brown <rsbj66

wrote:

>

> SB 7.8.6: My son Prahlada, you rascal, you know that when I am angry

all the planets of the three worlds tremble, along with their chief

rulers.