IndiaDivine.org

What KIND of Hindu are you? (A letter I sent someone)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Dear Smt. ----------ji,Below is a post from my . The title was, "You're a Hindu! What kind? Advaita-vaad OR Dvaita-vaad?", that I thought you might find interesting. And help you understand why I'm not interested to meet or listen to any Sadhus who espouse Advaita-vaad, which in my opinion is "spiritual suicide" - and a wrong philosophy that I personally, and ALL the Vaishnavacharyas, disagree with. Here's the post FYI: --- Y/s, RichardActual Hinduism is divided, advaita-vaad and dvaita-vaad (monism OR dualism), every sadhu follows one or the other, but not both. Even "aghori" follow "advaita" siddhanta. And many Hindus listen to both kinds of sadhus (monists &

dualists), and actually don't know the difference, because they don't really understand either. Advaita Vedanta (Impersonalism or Nastik) Advaita refers to the identity of the Self (Atman) and the Whole (Brahman). And it is definitely not "monotheism" (theism). Advaita is not about any worship of any kind of deity, not even a singular all-powerful supreme being/Ishwara/God. It is about realizing the self i.e. Atman as the Brahman itself which is apparently manifested eternally and simultaneously into animate or inanimate. This realization is limited and/or inhibited by lack of knowledge and discrimination i.e. Jnana and this verily is the foundation of non-duality (Advaita). It is, by definition, atheistic. Dvaita Vedanta (Personalism or

Astik) In contrast with advaita (non-dualist), dvaita (dualist) maintains that there is an eternal distinction between the individual self and the absolute. Dvaita espoused a Vaishnava theology that understands Brahman to be endowed with attributes and a personal God, Vishnu. By Brahman, he referred to Vishnu, as per his statement "brahmashabdashcha vishhnaveva" that Brahman can only refer to Vishnu. Vaishnavism states that Vishnu is not just any other deity, but is rather the singular, all-important and supreme one. Vishnu is always the primary object of worship, and all others are regarded as subordinate to Him. It is, by definition, theistic.

New Email addresses available on

Get the Email name you've always wanted on the new @ymail and @rocketmail.

Hurry before someone else does!