Request to members

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Hi All,

I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna and I

live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near

Chennai city there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum

sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess Parvati.

This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt by my

forefathers.

It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the help

of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that would

contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would send the

photos and the appeal letter as well.

Thanks and regards

G N Sivaramakrishna

gns15

Guest guest

Hi,

I sent you a reply yesterday but never saw the reply in the group. I

do have a contact address of a group of volunteers who do exactly

that...renovate old temples. Please email me directly and I can get

you in touch with them.

Thanks,

Bhupendra.

, " G N Sivaramakrishna "

<gns15 wrote:

>

> Hi All,

>

> I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna and

I

> live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near

> Chennai city there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum

> sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess Parvati.

> This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt by my

> forefathers.

>

> It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the

help

> of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that

would

> contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would send

the

> photos and the appeal letter as well.

>

> Thanks and regards

>

> G N Sivaramakrishna

> gns15

>

Guest guest

Dear Mr Bhupendra,Yes your reply did not feature through the group.Yes we have formed a trust called Sri Sanatana Charitable Trust and we are in the process of getting it registered. It would be done in the next 1-2 weeks time along with the opening of the bank account. I shall inform the same.In the meantime I have started other activities like the plan to procure the 9 idols that are required for the temple and we would be hopefully starting the process of "curation" of the idols spiritually sometime in the next one week and that would run for 96 days. In the meantime we would intend the masonry work etc to plan the kumbabhishekam coinciding with the idols "curation".I will update you, on the bank account details.rgdsG N Sivaramakrishnab_jamnadas <b_jamna> wrote: Hi, I sent you a reply yesterday but never saw the reply in the group. I do have a contact address of a group of volunteers who do exactly that...renovate old temples. Please email me directly and I can get you in touch with them. Thanks, Bhupendra. , "G N Sivaramakrishna" <gns15 wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna and I > live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near > Chennai city

there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum > sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess Parvati. > This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt by my > forefathers. > > It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the help > of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that would > contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would send the > photos and the appeal letter as well. > > Thanks and regards > > G N Sivaramakrishna > gns15 > G N Sivaramakrishna98847 15963

Bored stiff? Loosen up...Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

Guest guest

Dear Sivaramakrishna Ji,

You mention that new idols are being proceured. Could those that

already exist in the old temple not be used? Unless they are

damaged, I would suggest you continue to use them for 2

reasons...prana pratishta wopuld have been better perfomred on these

idols that would be performed on new idols in this day and age and

secondly, historical value....it would be a shame to discard the old

idols if they are not damaged.....this is just my opinion

though...you are in a better position to determine what needs to be

done. Do you still need help(other than financial help) with temple

reconstruction? Maybe you can give me the location of the temple.

Thanks,

Bhupendra.

, G N Sivaramakrishna

<gns15 wrote:

>

> Dear Mr Bhupendra,

>

> Yes your reply did not feature through the group.

>

> Yes we have formed a trust called Sri Sanatana Charitable Trust

and we are in the process of getting it registered. It would be done

in the next 1-2 weeks time along with the opening of the bank

account. I shall inform the same.

>

> In the meantime I have started other activities like the plan to

procure the 9 idols that are required for the temple and we would be

hopefully starting the process of " curation " of the idols

spiritually sometime in the next one week and that would run for 96

days. In the meantime we would intend the masonry work etc to plan

the kumbabhishekam coinciding with the idols " curation " .

>

> I will update you, on the bank account details.

>

> rgds

>

> G N Sivaramakrishna

>

>

> b_jamnadas <b_jamna>

wrote: Hi,

>

> I sent you a reply yesterday but never saw the reply in the

group. I

> do have a contact address of a group of volunteers who do exactly

> that...renovate old temples. Please email me directly and I can

get

> you in touch with them.

>

> Thanks,

> Bhupendra.

>

> , " G N

Sivaramakrishna "

> <gns15@> wrote:

> >

> > Hi All,

> >

> > I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna

and

> I

> > live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near

> > Chennai city there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum

> > sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess

Parvati.

> > This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt

by my

> > forefathers.

> >

> > It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the

> help

> > of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that

> would

> > contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would

send

> the

> > photos and the appeal letter as well.

> >

> > Thanks and regards

> >

> > G N Sivaramakrishna

> > gns15@

> >

G N Sivaramakrishna

> 98847 15963

>

>

> Bored stiff? Loosen up...

> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.

>

Guest guest

Dear Shri Bhupendra,

Thanks for the mail. It is like this. We are retaining some idols which are there since the temple original construction. These are Lord Subrahmanya, Valli and Devayana; the nine Navagrahas; one small Vinayaka.

However the rest have been lost , maybe decades ago; we don't even know when they were lost. They are

Vinayaka

Narthana Vinayaka

Brahma

Durga

Bali Peetam in front of Goddess shrine

Dakshninamurthi ( Guru)

Maha Vishnu

Singa vahana

and one idol is broken beyond repair - Sandikeswara.

Hence it is necessary to get the new idols, 9 in number.

Yes I am seeking funds support for getting the idols to start with. The rough estimate for the idols ( all 3/4' in height ) would be Rs 30,000/- ( final would be known on Wednesday ) and I have mobilised Rs 15,000/-. This Rs 30,000/- is for the purchase of the idols, for the commencement puja expenses ( like immersion in navadhanya ) and the ceremonial entry of the idols to the place of the 96 day spiritual immersion in water and dhanya near the temple complex from the place of purchase. I am in the process of getting these arranged as well as the procurement . At this stage I am also working on the auspicious date for the procurement.

Subsequently I am taking the sculptors and the masonry personnel this weekend to make the estimate for the other re-works , renovation of structures, construction of a mandapa, construction of a platform for making queues, fencing and also making other structural repairs.

I have secured a new electricity connection for the temple from Tamilnadu Electricity Board and constructed the pillar, hood for housng the meter and for the Sivaratri just concluded the villagers were able to make a grand puja with the lights.

This is the current stage. I am humbly waiting for any suggestions from any/all our members.

The temple is located behind Serapancheri village near Padappai, Sriperumbudur Taluk. It in on the road from Vandalur to Kanchipuram in Tamilnadu and is located about 35 KM from Chennai city.

Rgds G N Sivaramakrishna99400 42926

b_jamnadas <b_jamna> Sent: Monday, April 2, 2007 7:41:57 PM Re: Request to members

Dear Sivaramakrishna Ji,You mention that new idols are being proceured. Could those that already exist in the old temple not be used? Unless they are damaged, I would suggest you continue to use them for 2 reasons...prana pratishta wopuld have been better perfomred on these idols that would be performed on new idols in this day and age and secondly, historical value....it would be a shame to discard the old idols if they are not damaged..... this is just my opinion though...you are in a better position to determine what needs to be done. Do you still need help(other than financial help) with temple reconstruction? Maybe you can give me the location of the temple.Thanks,Bhupendra.om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, G N Sivaramakrishna <gns15 wrote:>> Dear Mr Bhupendra,>

> Yes your reply did not feature through the group.> > Yes we have formed a trust called Sri Sanatana Charitable Trust and we are in the process of getting it registered. It would be done in the next 1-2 weeks time along with the opening of the bank account. I shall inform the same.> > In the meantime I have started other activities like the plan to procure the 9 idols that are required for the temple and we would be hopefully starting the process of "curation" of the idols spiritually sometime in the next one week and that would run for 96 days. In the meantime we would intend the masonry work etc to plan the kumbabhishekam coinciding with the idols "curation".> > I will update you, on the bank account details.> > rgds> > G N Sivaramakrishna> > > b_jamnadas <b_jamnadas@ ...> wrote: Hi,> > I sent you a reply yesterday but

never saw the reply in the group. I > do have a contact address of a group of volunteers who do exactly > that...renovate old temples. Please email me directly and I can get > you in touch with them.> > Thanks,> Bhupendra.> > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, "G N Sivaramakrishna" > <gns15@> wrote:> >> > Hi All,> > > > I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna and > I> > live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near> > Chennai city there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum> > sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess Parvati.> > This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt by my> > forefathers.>

> > > It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the > help> > of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that > would> > contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would send > the> > photos and the appeal letter as well.> > > > Thanks and regards> > > > G N Sivaramakrishna> > gns15@> >> > > > > > > G N Sivaramakrishna> 98847 15963> > ------------ --------- --------- ---> Bored stiff? Loosen up...> Download and play hundreds of games for free on Games.>

The fish are biting.

Get more visitors on your site using Search Marketing.

Guest guest

Dear Sir,Please send me some introductions so that I can contact.Also note I am changing my mail ID to gn.siva and I would request you to kindly note this down and send all further communications to this address.rgdsb_jamnadas <b_jamna> wrote: Hi, I sent you a reply yesterday but never saw the reply in the group. I do have a contact address of a group of volunteers who do exactly that...renovate old temples. Please email me directly and I can get you in touch

with them. Thanks, Bhupendra. , "G N Sivaramakrishna" <gns15 wrote: > > Hi All, > > I have joined this group today. My name is G N Sivaramakrishna and I > live in Chennai, India. In my native village Navalur, 40 km near > Chennai city there is an old Lord Shiva temple with tow sanctum > sanctorums one for a Shiva Lingha and one for The Goddess Parvati. > This is a 260+ year old temple that was supposed to be beuilt by my > forefathers. > > It needs a lot of renovation and I have initiated this with the help > of my brethren . I would like to know of any organisation that would > contribute to the renovation of Lord Shiva temples. I would send the > photos and the appeal letter as well. >

> Thanks and regards > > G N Sivaramakrishna > gns15 > G N Sivaramakrishna98847 15963

Get your own web address. Have a HUGE year through Small Business.