IndiaDivine.org

RE: Shankaraachaarya_Jantee_2008 & Shiva'a varNa (color)

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear AUM_Nama:_Shivaaya Group Members,

My Best wishes to all of you on the occasion of

"Shivaavataara aadi_Shankaraachaarya_Jayantee_2008".

Further I wish to bring to your kind attention, some Facts (as Described in VedopaniShadic Literature).

1) Lord "Shiva" is colorless as in his "paramaatva_tatva" unmanifested Form

2) Lord "Shiva" represents Natural "Laya_PravRuti:" in Manifested Forms & in that Context is "Gaura_VarNa",

(Camphor : "Karpoora_Kaantee", or

Bright White : Ratnaakalpojvalaangam)

3) Even the 12 Famous Linga's are called "Jyotirlinga's" and

A "Jyoti" is either

a)a Candle Flame or

b) any Bright Star (as in "JyotiSha_Shaastra").

and none should be Black in Color, but in Practice,

4)A Linga (even the Linga's in these 12 Jyotirlinga Temples) is perhaps made of Black Marble,

just because it is easily Avaialable all over the Globe as compared to White Marble.

Kindly Ponder over these suggestions and draw your own Conclusions.

Further, I am preparing some Power Point Presentation Files useful for educating the New Generation in your Homes, neighborhod, etc. on

i)Siva_Tatva,

ii)Shiva_Avataara's,

iii)Shiva_vidyaa, etc.

Those interested may get sample copies by making a special request to that effect by

"email" to <dbghare

With regards and Good wishes,

Dr. Ghare, Monday, 12th May 2008, 12=00 Noon

From: sunshinesbrighterDate: Sat, 3 May 2008 19:07:42 +0530Re: Significance of black colour of ShivaLinga

Aum Namah Shivaaya

Namaste everybody.

Maybe there is a simpler explanation to this.

Lord Shiva loves Abhishekams. The Shivalingams are usually made out of rocks. constant abhishekams probably has that effect. Someone else had suggested something vyer interesting- Shiva is that which exists even when everything else is gone. normally, that kind of emptiness is denoted by black and that's why Shivalingam too is black in color. that's a nice thought.

regards,

Sindhu

On 5/3/08, srinivassan soundarrajan <rajansssu wrote:

Dear group members,Dhanyosmi, This is my first dialog with you all, In this six months of my membership to this group.I have a different view on this color black, which has its roots in vedantha, and more scientific, Its a known fact that Seven Color's together make White, When one removes these colors it turns black. Likewise White Represents Sarvaguna Sampanna, (Sa-Guna) With Attributes. And black represents Guna-rahita (Nirguna) (Attribute less). Since Shiva / Vishnu are The Epitome of both (Nirguna and Saguna Swaroopam) they are worshiped in the form of Linga / Salagrama, which are Prominently black in color and round representing Purna-tatvam (Full) in a sense Nitya, Shuddha, Buddha, Muktha, Nirmal without a beginning and end. In Sanskrit it is krishna means black, in niruktha it means "remover of troubles, and "the one Who can Confer the ultimate Bliss". Good Day to one and all,Rajan. Windows Live SkyDrive lets you share files with faraway friends. Start sharing.