IndiaDivine.org

The Nature Of God Siva

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

OM Namah Sivaya

Siva has a form. He is also formless. But He does have a form, and He exists in the realm of highest consciousness called the Sivaloka. Siva has a mind, a superconscious mind that permeates like a plasma all the forms that He creates, all the forms that He preserves and all the forms that He absorbs back into Himself. Siva is very close to each and every one of us. Siva's mind permeates all of us. But when we want to see Siva's form and receive His darshan, we go to the Siva temple, and when the holy priest invokes God Siva, God Siva hovers in His body of golden light over the Sivalinga. In deep meditation, Sivajnana, we can, within the temple of our own heart, see God Siva's Holy Form.

God Siva creates. God Siva preserves all His creations and, when the creation is no longer needed, absorbs it back into Himself, to create again. Saivites all over the world love God Siva. God Siva loves His devotees. For each step the devotee takes toward Siva, Siva takes nine steps toward the devotee. Such are the final conclusions of Saiva Siddhanta.

There is no reason to ever become confused about the many Deities in our wonderful Hindu faith. Is Lord Ganesha our Supreme God? No. Is Lord Murugan our Supreme God? No. They are Gods, two of the many Gods that God Siva has created. But God Siva is Supreme God, timeless, formless, spaceless, permeating all form, and yet having a form. He is the fullness of everything that fills people from within out.

In Saivism we become strong, we become fearless, through our worship of Siva. Members of the Saiva Samayam, the Saivite religion, do not fear death, for they know about rebirth. Members of the Saiva Samayam do not fear an eternal hell; there is no eternal hell. Members of the Saiva Samayam do not fear their ministers, their priests, swamis or gurus. Members of the Saiva Samayam do not fear God. The lack of fear, therefore, makes you strong. Our saints tell us in the sacred hymns of the Tirumurai that the worship of Siva makes you strong. The worship of God Siva brings you intelligence. The worship of God Siva will bring you knowledge of your divine, inner Self. Remember this as you go forth in life: we do not use weapons in our religion. We follow the path of nonviolence, noninjury to other beings. Our only weapon is our mind, our intelligence.

Unfortunately, in some, though not all, of the Judaic/Christian sects, the fear of God is prevalent. The distinction between good and bad, heaven and hell, is predominant, causing fears, apprehension and deep mental conflict. Hence, this psychological set-up is not conducive to the practice of yoga, for it arbitrates against the very idea of oneness of man and God which the yogi seeks. Those who have been so indoctrinated often try to meditate, but necessarily do not succeed in its deepest attainments, because of subconscious barriers placed there by a dualistic philosophy.

-----Satguru Sivaya Subramuniyaswami

Sivaya Namah

Sent from Mail.

A Smarter Email.

Guest guest

siva is the destroyer never the preserver. i am sorry his form is meant to destroy that is why his son is skanda. lord murgan kartikeya. he is destroy all ignorance all tamasic behavior. he is meant to only preserve those who are willing to go through the fire. but he is never ever truly the preserver like visnu. he is the form of destruction. he is the annihilator. he will destroy that is his purpose, that is his dharma.

namaskar,

Raja Gursahani (: 559.474.8576 ,: rajagursahani

Guest guest

well that is my opinion based on my understanding and scholarly study of the texts. this is coming from direct experience as i have been more in touch with lord shiva than ever before by wearing his beloved rudrakshas. his rudkrakshas have given me this direct experience based on my sadhana which includes japa with the two following mantras "om namah shivaya" and the greatest mantra of all the mahamitrunjaya mantra. the mahamitrunjaya mantra not only gives great health and wealth but also invokes in me the destructive side of lord shiva. from him i gather that he has created lord skanda actually as a better form of even himself as that has been stated by him even. that lord skanda is mean to be the celestial commander who rids of the asuras and does of course protect lord vishnu, that i agree. but lord skanda does kill and destroy the asuras. that is his purpose. trust me that is his very purpose indeed. let me iterate one more time that lord shiva even thought lord skanda to be the better of lord shiva. it makes sense as he is the son of lord shiva. well any more understanding or input will be greatly appreciated.

namaskar,

Raja Gursahani (: 559.474.8576 ,: rajagursahani