IndiaDivine.org

Basic Unity of All Religions

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Friends, The truth proclaimed by all religions is one and the same. The ultimate goal of all religions is also one and the same. Religion aims at promoting righteous conduct by transforming the mental attitude of man. For all religions the

foundation is morality. If morality declines, humanness will decline together with the eclipse of the religion. Religion is also concerned with developing in man utmost faith in the Spirit. Religions have come into being to make man realise the value of ethical life. Thus righteosness and morality are the very pillars of all religions. The religion of the people of India is considered as the most ancient in origin. It has been called as Hinduism, having regard to its Vedic basis. The essence of Hinduism is UNIVERSALITY as is evident from the prayer," LOKAH SAMASTAH SUKHINO BHAVANTU" which means,"May all the people everywhere be happy". Thus Hinduism stresses the happiness of everyone. There is a saying in our scriptures in Samskrit which reads,"Paropakarah

Punyaya, Parapeedanam Parapeedanam". It means,"It is meritorious to help others and it is sinful to cause harm to others". There are several such precepts in Islam and other religions. It is only by practising such precepts that people following different faiths were living in peace. The ancient Indians regarded truth, peace, love, forbearance and compassion as the five life-breaths of their religion. The religion of the Hindus is called Sanatana Dharma. Sanatana means ancient or timeless. No one knows when it was revealed and who was its founder. Other religions have their chronology. The Hindu religions knows no growth or decline. It belongs to all countries. It is acceptable to all people.The Sanatana Dharma(Eternal Religion) of HInduism does not permit us to quarrel with any other religion or hate it or decry

it.

It insists on respecting other religions and calls for religious tolerance. Religion has to confer knowledge of the Self..... Only when superficial activities are transcended does true religion begin. It leads to Brahmananda, through the awareness of one`s identity with Brahman. Whichever deity we worship, the worship reaches the One Supreme Lord. Let us therefore discourage religious differences of all sorts, dear Brothers and sisters. On the other hand let us educate ourselves and others about the basic unity of all religions. There is nothing wrong with any religion. Bad people could blong to any religion. Simply because violence is resorted to by a few people belonging to a religion, let us not condemn that religion.G.Balasubramanian .not condemn condemn

Guest guest

Dear Bramh D. Mishra,This refers to your personal mail to me on my posting in certain . Sir, You are at liberty not to agree with me. There is absolutely no compulsion on your part that you have to agree with me. Let us agree to disagree.I respect your views. But I hold the view that all religions are essentially one. They teach a divine life. I respect real saints and prophets of all religions. I respect all religions, all cults, all faiths and all creeds. I see the Lord in all. At the same time I do concede that at the present moment all religions contain a mixture of truth, which is divine, and error which is human. The fundamental or essentials of all religions are the

same. There is difference only in the non-essentials. The apparent differences in religions are due to a misconception or misconstruction of truths of the Vedas on which they are founded. The conflicting points are all attributable to prejudice, bigotry, lack of purity of heart and subtlety and perverted condition of the intellect of people. Truth is neither Hindu nor Muslim, nor Buddhist nor Christian. Truth is one, homogeneous, eternal substance. Man forgets all about his religion on account of ignorance, or lust for power and greed. He has become irreligious. So he has come down to the level of a brute. He has lost all sense of morality. He creates mischief; he stabs, loots and burns houses. The law of the jungle prevails. Many preach Christianity, but very few practice love and forgiveness. One can preach Islam, but no one recognizes the

brotherhood of man. Protagonists of Hinduism do not realize the Divinity in all. Preaching has become the livelihood of men, while practice has become the object of scorn. Hence the world is wicked, not for want of truth, nor on account of religions; but,alas, it is wicked for the lack of true followers of these ideals and religions. What is needed is proper education of the followers of all religions. Selflessness and love are not creeds to be taught, but ideals to be exemplified, demonstrated and radiated. Therefore, let everyone practise his own religion and strive to attain the goal. Let religion create true saints and yogins, rather than Churches, Masjids and temples. Let us not judge religions by looking at political and religious leaders belonging to those religions.. Politicians have no Dharma other than Opportunitism. Most politicians are under the influence of religious leaders. Some of

these so called religious leaders promote goondaism, violence, terrorism etc. etc. One can see for himself where relgions stand now.G.Balasubramanian--- On Tue, 6/23/09, mishrab4 <mishrab4 wrote:mishrab4 <mishrab4Re:Basic Unity of All ReligionsgbsubDate: Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 11:29 PMI am sorry but I cant agree with you at all. Theres no morality in a religion, its just an organization to capture power, no matter how. This is exactly what Christians and Islamics do.They lie all the time.

Sadly religions cant tell this straight to the face but twist the story that they have a way to connect with the Supreme. They actually dont, not at all.

The utility value of religions could be better if they preach dharma including morality. If dharma leads a person to spirituality so be it, but spirituality with religion only leads to terrorism. Conversion is terrorism of the mind and the highest sin as it changes what the Supreme bestowed and completed.

Bramh D Mishra Save energy, paper and money -- get the Green Toolbar.

Guest guest

Hariom

I feel we should avoid such discussion ,agreement & disagreement,There is no end to discussions & it is also not possible that one will agree to oyhers views.Why to have bitternes due to such posts which requires discussions .These are my personal views moderators may think on it

regards

mggarga--- On Wed, 6/24/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub Re:Basic Unity of All ReligionsUSBrahmins , , Aryakrishti-Vedic-Dharma , "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva >Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:07 AM

Dear Bramh D. Mishra,This refers to your personal mail to me on my posting in certain . Sir, You are at liberty not to agree with me. There is absolutely no compulsion on your part that you have to agree with me. Let us agree to disagree.I respect your views. But I hold the view that all religions are essentially one. They teach a divine life. I respect real saints and prophets of all religions. I respect all religions, all cults, all faiths and all creeds. I see the Lord in all. At the same time I do concede that at the present moment all religions contain a mixture of truth, which is divine, and error which is human. The fundamental or essentials of all religions are the same. There is difference only in the non-essentials. The apparent differences in

religions are due to a misconception or misconstruction of truths of the Vedas on which they are founded. The conflicting points are all attributable to prejudice, bigotry, lack of purity of heart and subtlety and perverted condition of the intellect of people. Truth is neither Hindu nor Muslim, nor Buddhist nor Christian. Truth is one, homogeneous, eternal substance. Man forgets all about his religion on account of ignorance, or lust for power and greed. He has become irreligious. So he has come down to the level of a brute. He has lost all sense of morality. He creates mischief; he stabs, loots and burns houses. The law of the jungle prevails. Many preach Christianity, but very few practice love and forgiveness. One can preach Islam, but no one recognizes the brotherhood of man. Protagonists of Hinduism do not realize the Divinity in all.

Preaching has become the livelihood of men, while practice has become the object of scorn. Hence the world is wicked, not for want of truth, nor on account of religions; but,alas, it is wicked for the lack of true followers of these ideals and religions. What is needed is proper education of the followers of all religions. Selflessness and love are not creeds to be taught, but ideals to be exemplified, demonstrated and radiated. Therefore, let everyone practise his own religion and strive to attain the goal. Let religion create true saints and yogins, rather than Churches, Masjids and temples. Let us not judge religions by looking at political and religious leaders belonging to those religions.. Politicians have no Dharma other than Opportunitism. Most politicians are under the influence of religious leaders. Some of these so called religious leaders promote goondaism, violence, terrorism etc.

etc. One can see for himself where relgions stand now.G.Balasubramanian--- On Tue, 6/23/09, mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com <mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com> wrote:

mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com <mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com>Re:Basic Unity of All Religionsgbsub Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 11:29 PM

I am sorry but I cant agree with you at all. Theres no morality in a religion, its just an organization to capture power, no matter how. This is exactly what Christians and Islamics do.They lie all the time.Sadly religions cant tell this straight to the face but twist the story that they have a way to connect with the Supreme. They actually dont, not at all. The utility value of religions could be better if they preach dharma including morality. If dharma leads a person to spirituality so be it, but spirituality with religion only leads to terrorism. Conversion is terrorism of the mind and the highest sin as it changes what the Supreme bestowed and completed.Bramh D Mishra

Save energy, paper and money -- get the Green Toolbar.

Guest guest

Dear Gargaji, I would like to assure you and all members of this that 'bitterness' is neither there nor is it intended in my postings or in Mr. Mishra`s response. We are all like-minded people and have come together in this for a free and frank exchange of views. We learn from each other in these discussions. I can claim neither mastery nor originality in any of my postings. I have stated only what I have studied or heard from learned people. I pray to you to remove the idea of 'bitterness' from your mind.G.Balasubramanian--- On Wed, 6/24/09, mg garga <mggarga wrote:mg garga <mggargaRe: Re:Basic Unity of All Religions Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 7:19 PM

Hariom

I feel we should avoid such discussion ,agreement & disagreement, There is no end to discussions & it is also not possible that one will agree to oyhers views.Why to have bitternes due to such posts which requires discussions .These are my personal views moderators may think on it

regards

mggarga--- On Wed, 6/24/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Re:Basic Unity of All ReligionsUSBrahmins@gro ups.com, om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Aryakrishti- Vedic-Dharma, "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva>Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 8:07 AM

Dear Bramh D. Mishra,This refers to your personal mail to me on my posting in certain . Sir, You are at liberty not to agree with me. There is absolutely no compulsion on your part that you have to agree with me. Let us agree to disagree.I respect your views. But I hold the view that all religions are essentially one. They teach a divine life. I respect real saints and prophets of all religions. I respect all religions, all cults, all faiths and all creeds. I see the Lord in all. At the same time I do concede that at the present moment all religions contain a mixture of truth, which is divine, and error which is human. The fundamental or essentials of all religions are the same. There is difference only in the non-essentials. The apparent differences in

religions are due to a misconception or misconstruction of truths of the Vedas on which they are founded. The conflicting points are all attributable to prejudice, bigotry, lack of purity of heart and subtlety and perverted condition of the intellect of people. Truth is neither Hindu nor Muslim, nor Buddhist nor Christian. Truth is one, homogeneous, eternal substance. Man forgets all about his religion on account of ignorance, or lust for power and greed. He has become irreligious. So he has come down to the level of a brute. He has lost all sense of morality. He creates mischief; he stabs, loots and burns houses. The law of the jungle prevails. Many preach Christianity, but very few practice love and forgiveness. One can preach Islam, but no one recognizes the brotherhood of man. Protagonists of Hinduism do not realize the Divinity in all.

Preaching has become the livelihood of men, while practice has become the object of scorn. Hence the world is wicked, not for want of truth, nor on account of religions; but,alas, it is wicked for the lack of true followers of these ideals and religions. What is needed is proper education of the followers of all religions. Selflessness and love are not creeds to be taught, but ideals to be exemplified, demonstrated and radiated. Therefore, let everyone practise his own religion and strive to attain the goal. Let religion create true saints and yogins, rather than Churches, Masjids and temples. Let us not judge religions by looking at political and religious leaders belonging to those religions.. Politicians have no Dharma other than Opportunitism. Most politicians are under the influence of religious leaders. Some of these so called religious leaders promote goondaism, violence, terrorism etc.

etc. One can see for himself where relgions stand now.G.Balasubramanian--- On Tue, 6/23/09, mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com <mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com> wrote:

mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com <mishrab4 (AT) aim (DOT) com>Re:Basic Unity of All Religionsgbsub Tuesday, June 23, 2009, 11:29 PM

I am sorry but I cant agree with you at all. Theres no morality in a religion, its just an organization to capture power, no matter how. This is exactly what Christians and Islamics do.They lie all the time.Sadly religions cant tell this straight to the face but twist the story that they have a way to connect with the Supreme. They actually dont, not at all. The utility value of religions could be better if they preach dharma including morality. If dharma leads a person to spirituality so be it, but spirituality with religion only leads to terrorism. Conversion is terrorism of the mind and the highest sin as it changes what the Supreme bestowed and completed.Bramh D Mishra

Save energy, paper and money -- get the Green Toolbar.