IndiaDivine.org

WHO AM I?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear friends, Do we know the answer as to we are? Somebody says "I am a tiny spec in this Universe."Somebody says"I am wife of so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so......." Somebody says, I am a teacher when I am in the class, mother to my children, wife to my husband etc. etc." Is this all our identity? What is our true identity?" Am I God?'' No, because God is love whereas I am not able to love all. This is our real plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart. Without

Love and Spirit of Seva we are not God. The Sriptures say" Tatwamasi" and "Aham Brhmasami". Simply by repeating ,"I am God" any number of times one can not become God. When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured. I need to consume the medicine. Similarly, we need to understand our true identity which is nothing but Atma. With

love,G.Balasubramanian

New Messenger with Voice. Call regular phones from your PC and save big.

Guest guest

Dear Balasubramanian SirI differ to you on one point."When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating

the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured"Mantra sadhana can annihilate physical aliments, So is baski, kapalbathi, pranayamam.If the "name of the relevant medicine" = Bijam Akshara then you may have better results.Self suggestion would change AttitiudeSelf suggestion would change course of actionconsistent suggestion is a type of mediation, and we become that, on what we meditate."Iam That"Ram Ram Good luck --- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:G Balasubramanian <gbsub WHO AM I?USBrahmins , , Aryakrishti-Vedic-Dharma , "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva"

<BhagavataSeva >Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

Dear friends, Do we know the answer as to we are? Somebody says "I am a tiny spec in this Universe."Somebody says"I am wife of so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so......." Somebody says, I am a teacher when I am in the class, mother to my children, wife to my husband etc. etc." Is this all our identity? What is our true identity?"

Am I God?'' No, because God is love whereas I am not able to love all. This is our real plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart. Without

Love and Spirit of Seva we are not God. The Sriptures say" Tatwamasi" and "Aham Brhmasami". Simply by repeating ,"I am God" any number of times one can not become God. When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured. I need to consume the medicine. Similarly, we need to understand our true identity which is nothing but Atma. With

love,G.Balasubramanian

Guest guest

HariOm

with faith repeating the name of the relevant medicine your headache will get cured" it is sure.Balmiki done Jap of MARA MARA instead of RAM RAM.Faith does Miracles But you have doubts & arguments in your mind instead of faith even medicine will not work.This is my faith.

JAI GURUDEV mggarga

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Dharmi <psk_2 wrote:

Dharmi <psk_2Re: WHO AM I? Date: Thursday, June 25, 2009, 7:39 AM

Dear Balasubramanian SirI differ to you on one point."When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured"Mantra sadhana can annihilate physical aliments, So is baski, kapalbathi, pranayamam.If the "name of the relevant medicine" = Bijam Akshara then you may have better results.Self suggestion would change AttitiudeSelf suggestion would change course of actionconsistent suggestion is a type of mediation, and we become that, on what we meditate."Iam That"Ram Ram Good luck --- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?USBrahmins@gro ups.com, om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Aryakrishti- Vedic-Dharma, "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva>Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

Dear friends, Do we know the answer as to we are?

Somebody says "I am a tiny spec in this Universe."Somebody says"I am wife of so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so......." Somebody says, I am a teacher when I am in the class, mother to my children, wife to my husband etc. etc." Is this all our identity? What is our true identity?" Am I God?'' No, because God is love whereas I am not able to love all. This is our real plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart. Without Love and Spirit of Seva we are not God. The Sriptures say" Tatwamasi" and "Aham Brhmasami". Simply by repeating ,"I am God" any number of times one can not become God. When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured. I need to consume the medicine. Similarly, we need to understand our true identity which is nothing but

Atma.

With love,G.Balasubramanian

Guest guest

Ram Ram

Thanks for your differing with me on one point. I respect your views. You seem to have taken my example seriously. By 'medicine', I meant the commonly accepted remedy viz., headache pills which many people keep handy. It was not at all my intention to shut out other methods of healing or alternative therapys. I can not underestimate the efficacy or reliability of Mantra Japam. I was under the impression that all members might not be as familiar with 'mantra sadhanas' as

they might be familiar with headache pills. It was in that background I had referred to 'medicine'. Pl. read my example in this light.G.BalasubramanianDharmi <psk_2 Sent: Wednesday, June 24, 2009 10:09:08 PMRe: WHO AM I?

Dear Balasubramanian SirI differ to you on one point."When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating

the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured"Mantra sadhana can annihilate physical aliments, So is baski, kapalbathi, pranayamam.If the "name of the relevant medicine" = Bijam Akshara then you may have better results.Self suggestion would change AttitiudeSelf suggestion would change course of actionconsistent suggestion is a type of mediation, and we become that, on what we meditate."Iam That"Ram Ram Good luck --- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:G Balasubramanian <gbsub >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?USBrahmins@gro ups.com, om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Aryakrishti-

Vedic-Dharma, "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva"

<BhagavataSeva>Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

Dear friends, Do we know the answer as to we are? Somebody says "I am a tiny spec in this Universe."Somebody says"I am wife of so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so......." Somebody says, I am a teacher when I am in the class, mother to my children, wife to my husband etc. etc." Is this all our identity? What is our true identity?"

Am I God?'' No, because God is love whereas I am not able to love all. This is our real plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart. Without

love,G.Balasubramanian

Guest guest

HariOm

We are jeevatma & our body in manushya janm is Vastra.when our life cycle in this yoni is completed the Jeevatma will change another chola/vastra.Jeevatmaa is ajaramar & canot be

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

it is only body that is effected by all these things

if we understand this truth we will be happy

mggarga--- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub WHO AM I?USBrahmins , , Aryakrishti-Vedic-Dharma , "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva >Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

Somebody says "I am a tiny spec in this Universe."Somebody says"I am wife of so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so......." Somebody says, I am a teacher when I am in the class, mother to my children, wife to my husband etc. etc." Is this all our identity? What is our true identity?" Am I God?'' No, because God is love whereas I am not able to love all. This is our real plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart. Without Love and Spirit of Seva we are not God. The Sriptures say" Tatwamasi" and "Aham Brhmasami". Simply by repeating ,"I am God" any number of times one can not become God. When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured. I need to consume the medicine. Similarly, we need to understand our true identity which is nothing but

Atma.

Guest guest

Hari OM,Our True identity is Atma, not Jivatma. The Supreme being, Brahman, Atman, Truth, Existence-Consciouness-Bliss, Reality, God etc. etc. itself takes birth as Jiva as stated in Gita and Upanishads Brahman/Atman is Pure and unattached. When it takes a Upadhi viz., body, it is called Jiva The correct truth is that we are Pure Atma and not what we are in our body. Happiness can not be there unless this understanding gets deep-rooted in us.G.Balasubramanianmg garga <mggarga Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 8:35:04 AMRe: WHO AM

I?

HariOm

We are jeevatma & our body in manushya janm is Vastra.when our life cycle in this yoni is completed the Jeevatma will change another chola/vastra. Jeevatmaa is ajaramar & canot be

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

mggarga--- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?USBrahmins@gro ups.com, om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Aryakrishti- Vedic-Dharma, "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva>Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

Atma.

Guest guest

Dear Members,Can any member tell me whether by repeating "I am God" number of times with faith can one become God? In my opinion, if one wants to become God he has not only to possess Divine qualities but also radiate Love, compassion etc. etc.. With Rajas and Tamas predominant in one,how can he or she become God simply by chanting with faith"Aham Brahmasmi"?. G.Balasubramanianmg garga <mggarga Sent: Thursday, June 25, 2009 2:18:44 AMRe: WHO AM I?

HariOm

with faith repeating the name of the relevant medicine your headache will get cured" it is sure.Balmiki done Jap of MARA MARA instead of RAM RAM.Faith does Miracles But you have doubts & arguments in your mind instead of faith even medicine will not work.This is my faith.

JAI GURUDEV mggarga

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, Dharmi <psk_2 > wrote:

Dharmi <psk_2 >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comThursday, June 25, 2009, 7:39 AM

Dear Balasubramanian SirI differ to you on one point."When I suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep repeating the name of the relevant medicine my headache will not get cured"Mantra sadhana can annihilate physical aliments, So is baski, kapalbathi, pranayamam.If the "name of the relevant medicine" = Bijam Akshara then you may have better results.Self suggestion would change AttitiudeSelf suggestion would change course of actionconsistent suggestion is a type of mediation, and we become that, on what we meditate."Iam That"Ram Ram Good luck --- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

Atma.

Guest guest

Ohm Namahshivaya,

If you think every body's "self" is same then there will be no confusion about the identity. To know the "self" you have to strive for self-realization. For this sadhana is required, Meditate upon God taking any suitable mantra and achieve thoughtless state. Your self will be realized. You will then find all the self are same.

DMMRAO--- On Thu, 25/6/09, mg garga <mggarga wrote:

mg garga <mggargaRe: WHO AM I? Date: Thursday, 25 June, 2009, 6:05 PM

HariOm

We are jeevatma & our body in manushya janm is Vastra.when our life cycle in this yoni is completed the Jeevatma will change another chola/vastra. Jeevatmaa is ajaramar & canot be

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

Atma.

ICC World Twenty20 England '09 exclusively on ! CRICKET

Guest guest

Dear all,

Here is a Q & A type explanation to achive self realization only by asking us 'Who am I" is the only teaching of Bhagavan Ramana maharshi. I am attaching that as an attachment. Is a e book translated from tamil to english published by ramanashramam.

Om Namashivaya

Saravanan.T--- On Fri, 26/6/09, dmm rao <dyfacons wrote:

dmm rao <dyfaconsRe: WHO AM I? Date: Friday, 26 June, 2009, 1:50 PM

Ohm Namahshivaya,

If you think every body's "self" is same then there will be no confusion about the identity. To know the "self" you have to strive for self-realization. For this sadhana is required, Meditate upon God taking any suitable mantra and achieve thoughtless state. Your self will be realized. You will then find all the self are same.

DMMRAO--- On Thu, 25/6/09, mg garga <mggarga > wrote:

mg garga <mggarga >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comThursday, 25 June, 2009, 6:05 PM

HariOm

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

Atma.

Love Cricket? Check out live scores, photos, video highlights and more.

1 of 1 File(s)

who_am_I_english.zip

Guest guest

Dear Sir,

Again i differ in you thought process.

Why do we think of Jeeva Atma and Paramatma,

Just as a practice, Sit still for 30mins (if possible) and mentally recite what ever you want.

the manifestion happens. Nature shows you the path way, which you wish to lead

Thats the reason we say, practice practice but never play with nature and accquire karma

Say iam a bull , sure you will think / act like a bull. Mental suggestion for pain to tranform

to plus throbing to ticklish sensation to no pain has be experienced by many.

So when one recites, (Test it experience it yourself)

Rsabham ma samananam sapanaman visasahim

hantaram satrunam kridhi virajam gopatim gavam.

one will become a bull among his peers , he will conqer is rival he will be slayer of his foes

the above is from Rashba suktam.

No body can tell his experience to others with the same intensity as he has felt. He may only touch conrner, its a feeling and you cannot explain it. its like trying to catch air Is that possible??

So Says Tatvamsi akshara laksham, see the change in attitude. feel the mantra moving through you nadis and experience it your slef.

Practitionar of Self Contemplation With lots and lots of vices but enjoying life the way it move

Ram Ram

--- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsubRe: WHO AM I? Cc: USBrahmins , Aryakrishti-Vedic-Dharma , "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva >Thursday, June 25, 2009, 8:16 PM

Hari OM,Our True identity is Atma, not Jivatma. The Supreme being, Brahman, Atman, Truth, Existence-Conscioun ess-Bliss, Reality, God etc. etc. itself takes birth as Jiva as stated in Gita and Upanishads Brahman/Atman is Pure and unattached. When it takes a Upadhi viz., body, it is called Jiva The correct truth is that we are Pure Atma and not what we are in our body. Happiness can not be there unless this understanding gets deep-rooted in us.G.Balasubramanian

mg garga <mggarga >om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comThursday, June 25, 2009 8:35:04 AMRe: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?

HariOm

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

Atma.

Guest guest

Dear Friends, my humble opinion :

GOD has created Universe with lots of JEEVA - each has specific physical structure, habits, living style, qualities - unique & distinct from others. But surprisingly in each veriety the features are same - like humans, animals, mammals, birds --- . Let us take Humans who all have got specific physical body construction -outer limbs and inner facilities mostly similar(we are not talking of rare births). Thus GOD wants us to learn that "shed percieving differences & fight amongst you - clinging on to base mean qualities - all are created with same material - FIVE elements -pancha bhuta - in outward appearance -color code different may be because of climate. However, I recide in all of you as SAME ATMA -life force so you can breath and activate to enjoy the beautiful nature around you - don't stay staring at outward Worldly Pleasures but Learn to Look WITHIN - where you would find more beautiful, pleasant

scenes of ever lasting BRAHMAANANDA. Bodies may be different but Atma is ONE & Same. For this very reason Humans are bestoed with Mind & Intelligence - use them appropriately thru' sadhana - either "in Silence or reading Scriptures provided by Great Rushis."

I request learned people to correct my mistakes in use of language --- MB Prasada Rao.--- On Fri, 6/26/09, dmm rao <dyfacons wrote:

dmm rao <dyfaconsRe: WHO AM I? Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:20 AM

Ohm Namahshivaya,

DMMRAO--- On Thu, 25/6/09, mg garga <mggarga > wrote:

mg garga <mggarga >Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comThursday, 25 June, 2009, 6:05 PM

HariOm

finished by astrashastra

vayu canot dry it

water cannot wet it

agni canot burn it

Atma.

Guest guest

respected divine souls, in my opinion, we are made of maya and shiva, whereas

maya is our body including brain and soul is shiva. it is our mind whose most

important work is to make the connection between maya and shiva. it can be done

only either blessing of shiva or knowledge of brain. --- In

, prasadaraom wrote:

>

>

> Dear Friends, my humble opinion :

>  

> GOD has created Universe with lots of JEEVA  - each has specific physical

structure, habits, living style, qualities - unique & distinct from others.

But surprisingly in each veriety the features are same - like humans, animals,

mammals, birds --- . Let us take Humans who all have got specific physical body

construction -outer limbs and inner facilities mostly similar(we are not talking

of rare births). Thus GOD wants us to learn that " shed percieving differences  &

fight amongst you - clinging on to base mean qualities - all are created with

same material - FIVE elements -pancha bhuta - in outward appearance -color code

different may be because of climate. However, I recide in all of you as SAME

ATMA -life force so you  can breath and activate to enjoy the beautiful nature

around you - don't stay staring at outward Worldly Pleasures but Learn to Look

WITHIN - where you would find more beautiful, pleasant scenes of ever lasting

BRAHMAANANDA. Bodies

> may be different but Atma is ONE & Same. For this very reason Humans are

bestoed with Mind & Intelligence - use them appropriately thru' sadhana - either

" in Silence or reading Scriptures provided by Great Rushis. "   

> I request learned people to correct my mistakes in use of language --- 

> MB Prasada Rao.

> --- On Fri, 6/26/09, dmm rao <dyfacons wrote:

>

>

> dmm rao <dyfacons

> Re: WHO AM I?

>

> Friday, June 26, 2009, 4:20 AM

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Ohm Namahshivaya,

> If you think every body's " self " is same then there will be no confusion about

the identity. To know the " self " you have to strive for self-realization. For

this sadhana is required, Meditate upon God taking any suitable mantra and

achieve thoughtless state. Your self will be realized. You will then find all

the self are same.

> DMMRAO

>

> --- On Thu, 25/6/09, mg garga <mggarga > wrote:

>

>

> mg garga <mggarga >

> Re: [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?

> om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com

> Thursday, 25 June, 2009, 6:05 PM

>

>

>

HariOm

> We are jeevatma & our body in manushya janm is Vastra.when our life cycle in

this yoni is completed the Jeevatma will change another chola/vastra. Jeevatmaa

is ajaramar & canot be

> finished by astrashastra

> vayu canot dry it

> water cannot wet it

> agni canot burn it

> it is only body that is effected by all these things

> if we understand this truth we will be happy

> mggarga

>

> --- On Thu, 6/25/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

>

>

> G Balasubramanian <gbsub >

> [om_namah_shivaya_ group] WHO AM I?

> USBrahmins@gro ups.com, om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com,

Aryakrishti- Vedic-Dharma, " Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva "

<BhagavataSeva>

> Thursday, June 25, 2009, 12:28 AM

>

>

Dear friends,

>   Do we know the answer as to we are?

>

>

>

> Somebody says " I am a tiny spec in this Universe. " Somebody says " I am wife of

so and so, daughter of so and so, mother of so and so....... "   Somebody says, I

am a teacher when I am in the class,  mother to my children, wife to my husband

etc. etc. "   Is this all our identity?  What is our true identity? " Am I God?''

No, because God is love  whereas I am not able to love  all. This is our real

plight to-day. Let us develop love in our heart.  Without Love and  Spirit of

Seva we are not God. The Sriptures say " Tatwamasi " and " Aham Brhmasami " .  Simply

by repeating , " I am God " any number of times one can not become God.  When I

suffer from severe head ache, even if I keep   repeating the name of the 

relevant medicine  my headache will not get cured.  I need to consume the

medicine. Similarly, we need to  understand our true identity which is  nothing

but Atma.

>

> With love,

> G.Balasubramanian

>

>

>

>