IndiaDivine.org

ABOUT MANTRAS-1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Radhe Krishna and Hari OM,I have been observing that very learned discussions have been going on in this about Mantra and Mantra Sadhana. In the month of June itself a number of postings were made on Mrityunjaya Mantra, Bhairava mantra etc. etc. A number of postings related to mantra Japam. These prompted me to share my understanding abount Mantra etc. with you all. What is a Mantra ? Which is the most powerful Mantra? How are Mantras to be learnt? How Mantras are to chanted? etc. etc. I want to share some of my

thoughts and understanding in this regard A Mantra can be said to be a word-symbol or symbols representing and expressing, as nearly as possible, the particular view of God and the universe they stand for. When the Mantras that are of the nature of symbols, syllables etc. etc. is given to the disciple or sadhaka by an illumined Guru,

it becomes a living seed. The Guru, by his spiritual power, gives life to the word and at the same time awakens the spiritual power latent in the disciple. That is the secret of Guru`s initiation. A Mantra is an aid to meditation. There are three types of Mantras: - The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras. The second category of Mantras excite and manifest might and power and are called Rajasik Mantras. Lastly, those that are of quiet and purely spiritual types are called Satwik. All the Mantras again fall under two classifications:- (a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning and (b) those Mantras that are of the nature of an invocation and the devotee must necessarily know the meaning of those Mantras. In the abscence of knowledge of meaning of the Mantras he will not be able to bring his mind to play upon the Divine theme

constantly. The Vedic Mantras are both in prose and poetry. Metrical Mantras are called "Rik" and "Yajus" is the name of the prose .(to be continued)G.Balasubramanian

Guest guest

Sorry to disagree as there is nothing like tamasik or rajasik in mantras,do not

bring Iskcon phylosophy here please.

, G Balasubramanian <gbsub

wrote:

>

> Radhe Krishna and Hari OM,

> I have been observing that very learned discussions have been going on in this

about Mantra and Mantra Sadhana. In the month of June itself a

number of postings were made on Mrityunjaya Mantra, Bhairava mantra etc. etc.

A number of postings related to mantra Japam. These prompted me to share my

understanding abount Mantra etc. with you all.

> What is a Mantra ? Which is the most powerful Mantra? How are Mantras to

be learnt? How Mantras are to chanted? etc. etc. I want to share some of my

thoughts and understanding in this regard

>

> A Mantra can be said to be a word-symbol or symbols representing and

expressing, as nearly as possible, the particular view of God and the universe

they stand for. When the Mantras that are of the nature of symbols, syllables

etc. etc. is given to the disciple or sadhaka by an illumined Guru, it

becomes a living seed. The Guru, by his spiritual power, gives life to the word

and at the same time awakens the spiritual power latent in the disciple. That is

the secret of Guru`s initiation. A Mantra is an aid to meditation.

>

> There are three types of Mantras: -

> The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are

called as Tamasik Mantras. The second category of Mantras excite and manifest

might and power and are called Rajasik Mantras. Lastly, those that are of quiet

and purely spiritual types are called Satwik.

>

> All the Mantras again fall under two classifications:-

> (a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know

their meaning and

> (b) those Mantras that are of the nature of an invocation and the devotee

must necessarily know the meaning of those Mantras. In the abscence of

knowledge of meaning of the Mantras he will not be able to bring his mind to

play upon the Divine theme constantly.

>

> The Vedic Mantras are both in prose and poetry. Metrical Mantras are called

" Rik " and " Yajus " is the name of the prose .

> (to be continued)

> G.Balasubramanian

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

>

Guest guest

Hi ,

I support sri GB, there are satvika, rajasa, tamo guna pradhana mantras. Its our Hindu concept only. There are some tamo guna pradhana mantras are there. Like Raktajhati and so on... Those mantra devathas will suck even last blood drop of your enemy, if we do some mistakes in upasana they will suck destroy upasaka. I suggest everyone to know 1st about mantra, vidhana and guru. Please do some satva guna pradhana mantras only. even if you stop there wont be any issues. Who will say all these means Guru. Even any problem he has to take responsibility to save you.

Satva guna Pradhana some mantras :

Shaivism : Sri Medha Dakshina murthy : I havent found any other meanings then satva guna pradhana.

Vaishnava : Sri Ram

Saktheyam : Saraswati(only saraswathi, not neela saraswathi,....)

Ganapatyam: Chitamani Ganapathi

My friend there some mantras to kill devathas also including Brahma and all.

That's why I said to pray only devathas not some jaathis in my previous postings.

Thank you

Narasimha --- On Wed, 6/24/09, tpmods <no_reply > wrote:

tpmods <no_reply > Re: ABOUT MANTRAS-1 Date: Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 7:26 PM

Sorry to disagree as there is nothing like tamasik or rajasik in mantras,do not bring Iskcon phylosophy here please.om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:>> Radhe Krishna and Hari OM,> I have been observing that very learned discussions have been going on in this about Mantra and Mantra Sadhana. In the month of June itself a number of postings were made on Mrityunjaya Mantra, Bhairava mantra etc. etc. A number of postings related to mantra Japam. These prompted me to share my understanding abount Mantra etc. with you all.> What is a Mantra ? Which is the most powerful Mantra? How are Mantras to be learnt? How Mantras are to chanted? etc. etc. I want to share some of my

thoughts and understanding in this regard > > A Mantra can be said to be a word-symbol or symbols representing and expressing, as nearly as possible, the particular view of God and the universe they stand for. When the Mantras that are of the nature of symbols, syllables etc. etc. is given to the disciple or sadhaka by an illumined Guru, it becomes a living seed. The Guru, by his spiritual power, gives life to the word and at the same time awakens the spiritual power latent in the disciple. That is the secret of Guru`s initiation. A Mantra is an aid to meditation.> > There are three types of Mantras: -> The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras. The second category of Mantras excite and manifest might and power and are called Rajasik Mantras. Lastly, those that are of quiet and purely spiritual types are called Satwik.> > All the Mantras again

fall under two classifications: -> (a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning and > (b) those Mantras that are of the nature of an invocation and the devotee must necessarily know the meaning of those Mantras. In the abscence of knowledge of meaning of the Mantras he will not be able to bring his mind to play upon the Divine theme constantly.> > The Vedic Mantras are both in prose and poetry. Metrical Mantras are called "Rik" and "Yajus" is the name of the prose .> (to be continued)> G.Balasubramanian> > > > ____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __> > > http://mail. >

Guest guest

Hi GB Ji,

There are three types of Mantras: -

The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras.

I am sorry to disagree , Tamasik mantras will work fastly (good or bad) and they will invoke extreme high powers of nature.

(a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning

Can you please example one.

Thank you

Narasimha

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub ABOUT MANTRAS-1 Cc: USBrahmins , Aryakrishti-Vedic-Dharma , "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva >Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 6:17 PM

Radhe Krishna and Hari OM,I have been observing that very learned discussions have been going on in this about Mantra and Mantra Sadhana. In the month of June itself a number of postings were made on Mrityunjaya Mantra, Bhairava mantra etc. etc. A number of postings related to mantra Japam. These prompted me to share my understanding abount Mantra etc. with you all. What is a Mantra ? Which is the most powerful Mantra? How are Mantras to be learnt? How Mantras are to chanted? etc. etc. I want to share some of my thoughts and understanding in this regard

A Mantra can be said to be a word-symbol or symbols representing and expressing, as nearly as possible, the particular view of God and the universe they stand for. When the Mantras that are of the nature of symbols, syllables etc. etc. is given to the disciple or sadhaka by an illumined Guru, it becomes a living seed. The Guru, by his spiritual power, gives life to the word and at the same time awakens the spiritual power latent in the disciple. That is the secret of Guru`s initiation. A Mantra is an aid to meditation.

The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras. The second category of Mantras excite and manifest might and power and are called Rajasik Mantras. Lastly, those that are of quiet and purely spiritual types are called Satwik.

All the Mantras again fall under two classifications: -

(a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning and

(b) those Mantras that are of the nature of an invocation and the devotee must necessarily know the meaning of those Mantras. In the abscence of knowledge of meaning of the Mantras he will not be able to bring his mind to play upon the Divine theme constantly.

The Vedic Mantras are both in prose and poetry. Metrical Mantras are called "Rik" and "Yajus" is the name of the prose .(to be continued)G.Balasubramanian

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.

Guest guest

HariOm

Kabir ji has said--Gurubin gyan khan se laoon

without Guru we wll have unnecessary doubts in a mantra.Mantra should be one given by Guru & second ISHT DEV mantraHave faith in one & then see the miracles.

mggarga--- On Fri, 6/26/09, J.B.S.L. Narasimha Rao <narsimha6 wrote:

J.B.S.L. Narasimha Rao <narsimha6Re: ABOUT MANTRAS-1 Date: Friday, June 26, 2009, 12:43 AM

Hi GB Ji,

There are three types of Mantras: - The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras.

I am sorry to disagree , Tamasik mantras will work fastly (good or bad) and they will invoke extreme high powers of nature.

(a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning

Can you please example one.

Thank you

Narasimha

--- On Wed, 6/24/09, G Balasubramanian <gbsub > wrote:

G Balasubramanian <gbsub >[om_namah_shivaya_ group] ABOUT MANTRAS-1om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comCc: USBrahmins@gro ups.com, Aryakrishti- Vedic-Dharma, "Bhagavataseva Bagavataseva" <BhagavataSeva>Wednesday, June 24, 2009, 6:17 PM

Radhe Krishna and Hari OM,I have been observing that very learned discussions have been going on in this about Mantra and Mantra Sadhana. In the month of June itself a number of postings were made on Mrityunjaya Mantra, Bhairava mantra etc. etc. A number of postings related to mantra Japam. These prompted me to share my understanding abount Mantra etc. with you all. What is a Mantra ? Which is the most powerful Mantra? How are Mantras to be learnt? How Mantras are to chanted? etc. etc. I want to share some of my thoughts and understanding in this regard

A Mantra can be said to be a word-symbol or symbols representing and expressing, as nearly as possible, the particular view of God and the universe they stand for. When the Mantras that are of the nature of symbols, syllables etc. etc. is given to the disciple or sadhaka by an illumined Guru, it becomes a living seed. The Guru, by his spiritual power, gives life to the word and at the same time awakens the spiritual power latent in the disciple. That is the secret of Guru`s initiation. A Mantra is an aid to meditation.

The first category include those that invoke the low powers of nature and are called as Tamasik Mantras. The second category of Mantras excite and manifest might and power and are called Rajasik Mantras. Lastly, those that are of quiet and purely spiritual types are called Satwik.

All the Mantras again fall under two classifications: -

(a) those that need only to be chanted and there is no need for one to know their meaning and

(b) those Mantras that are of the nature of an invocation and the devotee must necessarily know the meaning of those Mantras. In the abscence of knowledge of meaning of the Mantras he will not be able to bring his mind to play upon the Divine theme constantly.

The Vedic Mantras are both in prose and poetry. Metrical Mantras are called "Rik" and "Yajus" is the name of the prose .(to be continued)G.Balasubramanian

____________ _________ _________ _________ _________ __ http://mail.