Guest guest

Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of Shiva

lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the many

different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as well as

stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved as one

piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone called Shiva

lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate someone giving

me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn about Lord Shiva

the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in my home.

Om Namah Shivaya.

Jason

i like the natural stone ones Jason where are u at? om bhur bhuvah swaha tat savitur varenyam bhargo devasya dhimahi dhiyo yo na pracodayat (prayer for peace and prosperity)(gayatri mantra)--- On Sun, 8/11/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:

jason <jason4648 acquiring Shiva linga Date: Sunday, 8 November, 2009, 10:04 PM

Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in my home.Om Namah Shivaya.Jason

Add whatever you love to the India homepage. Try now!

Jai Bhole Mr. Jason,According To Me Shri Parad Shivlingam Or Shri Narmadeshwar Shivlingam Are Best For Home Worshipping Because Both Need Not To Be Energise ,They Are Themselve The Lord Shiva.Gaurav Aggarwal--- On Sun, 8/11/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:jason <jason4648 acquiring Shiva linga Date: Sunday, 8 November, 2009, 10:04 PM

Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in my home.

Om Namah Shivaya.

Jason

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how.

Namaste Jason:You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It really depends. Om Namah Shivaya,Shankari--- On Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:jason <jason4648 acquiring Shiva linga Date: Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM

Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in my home.

Om Namah Shivaya.

Jason

Namaste Jason

I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation) procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or should get donated to oneself.

The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.

I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.

PranaamRamesh

On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali wrote:

Namaste Jason:You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It really depends.

Om Namah Shivaya,Shankari --- On Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:

jason <jason4648 acquiring Shiva linga

Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM

Om Namah Shivaya.Jason

2 of 2 Photo(s)

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the

worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship

for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do?

, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy

<ramdaus wrote:

>

> Namaste Jason

> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at

> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)

> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana

> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated

> to oneself.

>

> The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the

> larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it

> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.

>

> I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its

> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.

>

>

> Pranaam

> Ramesh

>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kaliwrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Namaste Jason:

> >

> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam

> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to

> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones

> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might

> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It

> > really depends.

> >

> > Om Namah Shivaya,

> > Shankari

> >

> >

> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648* wrote:

> >

> >

> > jason <jason4648

> > acquiring Shiva linga

> >

> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of

> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the

> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as

> > well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved

> > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone

> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate

> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn

> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in

> > my home.

> > Om Namah Shivaya.

> >

> > Jason

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

do your prayers to the best of your ability and get subscription to Hinduism today which explains alot about hinduism and Shiva worship.... its in english

--- On Tue, 10/11/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:

jason <jason4648 Re: acquiring Shiva linga Date: Tuesday, 10 November, 2009, 4:35 AM

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy <ramdaus > wrote:>> Namaste Jason> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated> to oneself.> > The Bana Linga for home worship should be

smaller. I have been told that the> larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.> > I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.> > > Pranaam> Ramesh> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@ ...>wrote:> > >> >> > Namaste Jason:> >> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It>

> really depends.> >> > Om Namah Shivaya,> > Shankari> >> >> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648@. ..>* wrote:> >> >> > jason <jason4648@. ..>> > [om_namah_shivaya_ group] acquiring Shiva linga> > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM> >> >> >> >> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as> > well as stone

and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved> > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in> > my home.> > Om Namah Shivaya.> >> > Jason> >> >> > > >>

Keep up with people you care about with India Mail. Learn how.

Dear Jason,

IMHO, Lord Shiva is the Adi Guru and is the Supreme God. One can worship the Linga form without any reservation. It is said that for the devoted and right spirited devotee or Sadhak, the Guru appears all by himself.

Pranaam

Ramesh

On Tue, Nov 10, 2009 at 4:35 AM, jason <jason4648 wrote:

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do? , Ramesh Krishnamoorthy <ramdaus wrote:>> Namaste Jason

> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana

> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated > to oneself.> > The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the> larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.

> > I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.> > > Pranaam> Ramesh> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kaliwrote: > > >> >> > Namaste Jason:> >> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to

> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It

> > really depends.> >> > Om Namah Shivaya,> > Shankari> >> >> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648* wrote:> >> >

> > jason <jason4648 > > acquiring Shiva linga> >

> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM> >> >> >> >> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the

> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as> > well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved> > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone

> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in

> > my home.> > Om Namah Shivaya.> >> > Jason> >> >> > > >>

Dear Jason Hariom,

Its nice to hear that you have started worshipping lord shiva. Linga is shapeless form of lord shiva and can be prayed by any shiva bhakta, just keep in mind -

1) do not cross Linga from the front side.

2) Always do sashtang namaskaram to lord shiva.

3) if you start chanting with om namah shivay.......... initially that's also powerful.

4) Always try to help needy people, this is what lord shiva likes most.

I came to know that there are about 60 hindu temples in USA, so sometimes you can visit a temple and pray over there. I also work in Dubai - UAE & whenever get time, do so.

all the best to you...

Om Namah shivay

Prakash

--- On Mon, 11/9/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:

jason <jason4648 Re: acquiring Shiva linga Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 3:05 PM

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy <ramdaus > wrote:>> Namaste Jason> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated> to oneself.> > The Bana Linga for home worship should be

smaller. I have been told that the> larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.> > I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.> > > Pranaam> Ramesh> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@ ...>wrote:> > >> >> > Namaste Jason:> >> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It>

> really depends.> >> > Om Namah Shivaya,> > Shankari> >> >> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648@. ..>* wrote:> >> >> > jason <jason4648@. ..>> > [om_namah_shivaya_ group] acquiring Shiva linga> > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM> >> >> >> >> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as> > well as

stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved> > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in> > my home.> > Om Namah Shivaya.> >> > Jason> >> >> > > >>

Namaste Jason:I live in the states too. You can get a Bana Lingam from Kalimandir.org and a shiva puja book from ShreeMaa.org.Shiva is the ultimate guru. You could do something like that or you could get a rudraksha mala and chant Om Namah Shivaya 108 times everyday. Shiva is very loving and forgiving. He accepts all worship.Shanti Om,Shankari--- On Mon, 11/9/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:jason <jason4648 Re: acquiring Shiva linga Date: Monday, November 9, 2009, 3:05 PM

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do?

om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy <ramdaus > wrote:

>

> Namaste Jason

> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at

> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)

> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana

> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated

> to oneself.

>

> The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the

> larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it

> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.

>

> I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its

> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.

>

>

> Pranaam

> Ramesh

>

> On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@ ...>wrote:

>

> >

> >

> > Namaste Jason:

> >

> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam

> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to

> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones

> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might

> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It

> > really depends.

> >

> > Om Namah Shivaya,

> > Shankari

> >

> >

> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648@. ..>* wrote:

> >

> >

> > jason <jason4648@. ..>

> > [om_namah_shivaya_ group] acquiring Shiva linga

> > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com

> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM

> >

> >

> >

> >

> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of

> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the

> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as

> > well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved

> > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone

> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate

> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn

> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in

> > my home.

> > Om Namah Shivaya.

> >

> > Jason

> >

> >

> >

> >

>

Dear Jason,

since you live in USA, you will find narmada shivling in online stores or on ebay or in shops that sell gem stones and crystals.

lord shiva is easily accessible.. he is inside us... start chanting "Om namah Shivaya" and keep praying to him... he will guide you and show you the way all the lingams, rudraksha and other divine things will come looking for you...even the thought that you have to pray lord shiva is lord shiva's blessing... it has to come from him...that is how it works my friend ... soon you will discover the lord shiva in you and know that you are taken care of...

In Divine Love,

Om Namah Shivaya,

Divakar.

--- On Tue, 11/10/09, prakash <prakash_hdr wrote:

prakash <prakash_hdrRe: Re: acquiring Shiva linga Date: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 10:39 AM

Dear Jason Hariom,

Its nice to hear that you have started worshipping lord shiva. Linga is shapeless form of lord shiva and can be prayed by any shiva bhakta, just keep in mind -

1) do not cross Linga from the front side.

2) Always do sashtang namaskaram to lord shiva.

3) if you start chanting with om namah shivay...... .... initially that's also powerful.

4) Always try to help needy people, this is what lord shiva likes most.

I came to know that there are about 60 hindu temples in USA, so sometimes you can visit a temple and pray over there. I also work in Dubai - UAE & whenever get time, do so.

all the best to you...

Om Namah shivay

Prakash

--- On Mon, 11/9/09, jason <jason4648 (AT) att (DOT) net> wrote:

jason <jason4648 (AT) att (DOT) net>[om_namah_shivaya_ group] Re: acquiring Shiva lingaom_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.comMonday, November 9, 2009, 3:05 PM

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I do?om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy <ramdaus > wrote:>> Namaste Jason> I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at> home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)> procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana> Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated> to oneself.> > The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the> larger the Bana

Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it> requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.> > I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its> procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.> > > Pranaam> Ramesh> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@ ...>wrote:> > >> >> > Namaste Jason:> >> > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam> > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to> > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones> > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru might> > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It> > really depends.> >> > Om Namah

Shivaya,> > Shankari> >> >> > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648@. ..>* wrote:> >> >> > jason <jason4648@. ..>> > [om_namah_shivaya_ group] acquiring Shiva linga> > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com> > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM> >> >> >> >> > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of> > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between the> > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal as> > well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both carved> > as one piece. I am aware also that

there is a particular type of stone> > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would appreciate> > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I learn> > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in> > my home.> > Om Namah Shivaya.> >> > Jason> >> >> > > >>

namaste

>Namaste Shakari,

As it so happens I ordered a Rudraksha mala 2 days ago and Swamiji's book and cd

Shiva Puja Beginner yesterday!

Om Namah Shivaya

Jason

> Namaste Jason:

>

> I live in the states too. You can get a Bana Lingam from Kalimandir.org and a

shiva puja book from ShreeMaa.org.

>

> Shiva is the ultimate guru.  You could do something like that or you could

get a rudraksha mala and chant Om Namah Shivaya 108 times everyday.  Shiva is

very loving and forgiving.  He accepts all worship.

>

> Shanti Om,

> Shankari

>

>

> --- On Mon, 11/9/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:

>

> jason <jason4648

> Re: acquiring Shiva linga

>

> Monday, November 9, 2009, 3:05 PM

>

>

>

>

Namaste. Thank you all for your replies. I am actually quite new to

the worship of Lord Shiva and perhaps Lingam is not the appropriate type of

worship for me at this time. I live in the US and have no guru. What should I

do?

>

>

>

> om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com, Ramesh Krishnamoorthy

<ramdaus@ > wrote:

>

> >

>

> > Namaste Jason

>

> > I have heard that the Bana Linga or Narmada Linga is the best to workship at

>

> > home. Like Saligrams, Bana Linga does not require the Avahana (installation)

>

> > procedure as they are the embodiments of the Lord themselves. While Bana

>

> > Lingas are recommended to be got from the Guru himself or hould get donated

>

> > to oneself.

>

> >

>

> > The Bana Linga for home worship should be smaller. I have been told that the

>

> > larger the Bana Linga, the more austere the beholder should be and it

>

> > requires daily pooja and neivedhyams.

>

> >

>

> > I have attached a few documents which explains the Bana Linga and its

>

> > procedure to do pooja for your kind reference.

>

> >

>

> >

>

> > Pranaam

>

> > Ramesh

>

> >

>

> > On Mon, Nov 9, 2009 at 10:56 AM, Shankari Kali <shankari_kali@ ...>wrote:

>

> >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Namaste Jason:

>

> > >

>

> > > You should go ahead and begin your worship of Lord Shiva and the lingam

>

> > > that you need will show up. If you are really impatient, you might need to

>

> > > see what type of lingam is recommended by your guru. You can get the ones

>

> > > from the Narmada River from the Kalimandir in California or your guru

might

>

> > > prefer the solid crystal ones like the type that Sri Karunamayi sells. It

>

> > > really depends.

>

> > >

>

> > > Om Namah Shivaya,

>

> > > Shankari

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > --- On *Sun, 11/8/09, jason <jason4648@ ..>* wrote:

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > jason <jason4648@ ..>

>

> > > [om_namah_shivaya_ group] acquiring Shiva linga

>

> > > om_namah_shivaya_ group@ s.com

>

> > > Sunday, November 8, 2009, 8:34 AM

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > > Namaste. Are there any special considerations regarding the selection of

>

> > > Shiva lingam for home worship? How should one go about deciding between

the

>

> > > many different materials and forms which are available? I have seen metal

as

>

> > > well as stone and I have seen separate linga and yoni as well as both

carved

>

> > > as one piece. I am aware also that there is a particular type of stone

>

> > > called Shiva lingam which is often venerated in this way. I would

appreciate

>

> > > someone giving me the proper perspective on this subject as the more I

learn

>

> > > about Lord Shiva the more I want to begin some form of personal worship in

>

> > > my home.

>

> > > Om Namah Shivaya.

>

> > >

>

> > > Jason

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> > >

>

> >

>

Namaste Jason:Well, there you go! His books and CDs are good. You just follow along. It will even tell you what to offer to the Shiva Lingam. Om Namah Shivaya!Shankari--- On Wed, 11/11/09, jason <jason4648 wrote:jason <jason4648 Re: acquiring Shiva linga Date: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 8:14 AM

namaste

>Namaste Shakari,

As it so happens I ordered a Rudraksha mala 2 days ago and Swamiji's book and cd Shiva Puja Beginner yesterday!

Om Namah Shivaya

Jason

> Namaste Jason:

>

> I live in the states too. You can get a Bana Lingam from Kalimandir.org and a shiva puja book from ShreeMaa.org.

>

> Shiva is the ultimate guru. You could do something like that or you could get a rudraksha mala and chant Om Namah Shivaya 108 times everyday. Shiva is very loving and forgiving. He accepts all worship.

>

> Shanti Om,

> Shankari