IndiaDivine.org

Fwd: Vikramkhol

Rate this topic

Guest guest

---------- Forwarded message ----------kishore patnaik <kishorepatnaik09

Wed, Oct 29, 2008 at 7:20 PMVikramkhol

Dear sir,

The other day I was discussing about Vikramkhol with a scholar from California and was pained to note that not only he did not hear about Vikramkhol or Ushakothi but he was not prepared to accept it as a intermediate script between Indus script and Brahmi.

I would have been much happier if he had said it after considering all the pros and cons.

The mistake also possibly lies with the Indian Archaeologist and Paleographalogist who has not taken much interest in this regard, nor did he bother to popularise the possibility that the Orissan " rock art " could indeed be a go betwen of the IVC and Brahmi scripts. (all the people to whom I am addressing this mail are archaeologists and I can hear lots of angry shouts on me)

I am saying this because I have searched online as well some libraries with out much success in obtaining any further information on this script except a book on old seminar in the State Central Library, Hyderabad.

I hope I am wrong.

In this regard, I request you to kindly post me any information that you have on Vikramkhol and Ushakothi.

I value your opinions and further guidance,

with best regards,

Kishore patnaik

98492 70729