IndiaDivine.org

Hebrew & Hindu ??

Rate this topic

Guest guest

what are the synonyms of the term 'Hebrew' - that what Hindu stands for, is it one of them ?

Lexicons - Greek, Latin, Persian, Hebrew and Oxford English.

Dr. db

-

Suzanne Olsson

Monday, November 24, 2008 6:26 PM

Re: Havilah (reply to Ishwa)

, isha shiva <adhin88 wrote:> Dear Suzanne, > Thank you. I have read about "Havilah" as being a reference to India. Expressions like "land of milk and honey" are already in the Vedas (with reference to the Nahushas> I believe that the Tarim mummy research was done by Hemphill. Victor Mair is, if I am not wrong, a protagonist of the migration of IE people from the Central-Asia (and Tarim) into the subcontinent.

Dear Ishwa,

I happen to agree in a large part with Victor Mair's theory. It parallels my own. The evidence seems overwhelming that these Tocharians were the only inhabitants to the north of India who we could reasonably assume were the "Aryan invaders"...but I don't believe they were "invaders" in the sense they arrived with vast armies and swept away everything before them. It was a slow gradual trickle filling in vast land areas that were vacated or sparsely settled. The DNA of myself and most northern Indians seems to reflect this Tocharian blend.

The concept of monotheism is traced back to Akhenaten and then to Abraham, and is retained in Judaism, Christianity, and Islam. The concept arose in India at the same time that Abraham existed. So if we prove a link between Abraham and India, then we have proven the cultural foundations for these beliefs cannot be seperated as "Hindus' and 'Hebrews"....

Best regards,

Sue