IndiaDivine.org

All Gurus are connected - A devotee couple of Sri Satya Sai Baba - Indra Devi

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

All Gurus are connected In the book “Mata Amritanandamayi - A Biography” by Swami Amritasvarupananda, there is a section titled Experiences. Here, among others, is told the experience of one Radha Bai, from Calicut, who was a devotee of Sri Satya Sai Baba. In 1985 Radha had a dream in which Sri Satya Sai Baba appeared along with a holy woman dressed in white, and told her, “You must go see this Mother“. Radha was also shown the house in her city where this Mother would be staying. To cut a long story short, Radha and her family were able to go for Matha Amritanandamayi’s darshan and receive Her blessings. What intrigued me about this story was how Baba appeared along with Amma, and pointed Radha in the right direction. To me, it just reinforced the truth that all Gurus connect and communicate, at some level, even though to ordinary people like me, they might seem to have no contact with each other. A devotee couple of Sri Satya Sai Baba Chandrasekharan Nair, a former judge, and his wife Lalitha, are relatives of mine. Today evening, my mother, along with my aunt, went to visit them. While chatting, my mother found her attention straying to a hypnotically attractive picture of Sri Satya Sai Baba on the wall. Her host, noticing her fascination, started talking about how his relationship with Baba began.He was, and is, a regular visitor of the Ganapathy

temple at the center of the city. One day, many years back, while walking to the temple, he heard someone call his name from behind. He turned around, but saw no one he knew. Then suddenly his attention was caught by a picture of Baba, displayed in a little shop selling framed pictures of Gods and Gurus. Being a well educated judge, with a scientific temper, he refused to act impulsively. He told himself that after one week, if that picture was still unsold, he’d think about it.Then something strange happened. Everyday, while walking to the temple, he noticed that one by one the pictures around Baba’s picture, were being sold, and were replaced by new pictures. At the end of the week, in spite of the sale of all the other pictures, Baba’s picture had not been sold and was right there, waiting there for him!He bought the picture, took it home and lit a lamp for it everyday. Today, after many years, that relationship has grown

and flowered, and is studded with many strange and miraculous experiences. Indra Devi I first learnt yoga from a book. The author was someone called Indra Devi. From the book I could make out three things about her. She had a very slender frame. She lived in the US. She had taught yoga even to some hollywood actors. I read the book at a time when yoga was not easily available, or even well known, and so it was of geat use to me.Time passed, or rather, decades passed. I moved on to new books and new teachers.However, quite recently, I came across the book Sri Satya Sai Satcharitha, which talks about the life, teachings and important disciples of Sri Satya Sai Baba. And just imagine my delight to find that a few pages had been devoted to my first guru

Indra Devi.This book says that Indra Devi was a Russian lady, who came to India, learnt yoga, took an Indian name, and settled down, at first in Mexico. In 1966, at the age of 66, she became a disciple of Sri Satya Baba. With the blessings of Baba, she had many miraculous experiences, like when her house in Mexico, set in the mountains, was saved during a forest fire, but everything else around the house was burnt. Many of her experiences make mind numbing reading. The book recounts her activities till 1970, and then casually drifts off to discuss another disciple.Anyway, I am delighted to get all this new knowledge about her, and realize how fortunate I was to have been introduced to yoga by such a geat soul. I wish to express my heart felt appreciation and gratitude to my first yoga teacher, Indra Devi.Source: http://anilkumarv.wordpress.com