IndiaDivine.org

Sai Vichaar for Thursday, June 28, 2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Sai Vichaar www.saibaba.org Thursday , June 28, 2007 :: Volume 10, Issue 7 (In its nineth year of publication.) Sai Vichaar is a Weekly newsletter distributed every Thursday and is devoted to the life, philosophy and teachings of Shri Sai Baba of Shirdi. Feel free

to forward this newsletter to your interested associates in its original form. IN THIS ISSUE: FEATURE OF THE WEEK CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE DEVOTEES SAY PRAYER CLUB EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES QUOTATION OF THE WEEK QUESTION OF THE WEEK SAI ACTIVITIES FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD FEATURE OF THE WEEK: Will Hari Provide? A child does not ask for the nourishment, mother who feeds and clothes the child brings upon

its care. As the child grows, its demands increase. However, the child is still not equipped to procure its needs. Although the child knows what it wants, it is the prerogative of the caretaker to provide the demanding child with its wants. As it enters the adulthood, the child is no longer dependent on the adult. While the child had the luxury of being cared for by the adult, the adult gets what he/she works for. The process of spiritual advancement is analogous to the above. Baba pulls His child to Himself and provides the infant with the necessities without being asked for. The later stages involve the growing child command for its wants. Baba gives. Smilingly. This stage is the audacious lag of the journey, every prayer answered, every benefit awarded. Soon this stage should end. The realization dawns once the power of temporary bliss wanes away and the longing for something bigger begins to take a shape. How is the intangible realized? The

inexplicable mastered? Will Hari provide? Shri Hemadpanth wrote beautifully, "If there be my Hari (Lord), He will feed me on my cot". This proverb is only true in respect of food and clothing, but if anyone trusting in this sits quiet and do nothing in spiritual matters, he will be ruined. One has to exert himself to his utmost for attaining self realization. The more he endeavors, the better for him. Mercy of Sadguru sees one safely through the stages of infant and the growing. Constant contemplation on the nature of the self, in whatever name it is called, is the endeavor for the adult. Yes, the adult has to work for it and gets what he/she works for! CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: The True Follower! Human behavior is conditional and influenced by the environment. The way we interact with friends' relatives and children is conditional. We were taught to behave in an

acceptable manner to the standards laid down by the society. If our behavior deviates from the set standards, then we are called antisocial or lunatics or something that perceivably fits our behavior. The statements such as "this is what I am and so be it" or "I can't change, accept me as I am" or "I got these qualities by birth so can't help it" is a mere façade, to hide our reluctance to make a positive effort to change. When some friends treat us indifferently, we tend to behave in the similar fashion towards them. We also help people and expect help in return. This is not what Baba has taught us. Service and love should be without expectations. As children of god, we have every right to have expectations from God, who is our father, but doing service in anticipation of a return favor is not what we are taught by God. Our behavior takes a turn when people do not behave as we expect them to behave. We keep dwelling on their bad characters or thoughts.

Guruji CB Satpathyji said "do not ponder over negative traits in other, for then they will take root in you". This is a fact. When we think only of negative in people we respond to them in the similar manner, hence we are no better than those that we condemned. We are conditioning our mind and behavior to match those of the people who cause us displeasure and provoke our anger. In such situations, it is better to walk away rather than indulge in arguments and exchange of words. Baba said the same in chapter 22nd of Satcharita where Baba said all the actions of the person are ordained by God and not to involve in arguments. In Satcharita Hemadpant says, "mind cannot remain without thinking, if you give it an object it thinks about that object similarly if you give it guru it keeps thinking about guru". Well here is a case of habituating our thought process to think of God when faced with uncertainty and disturbing situations. A person, sincere in efforts to

evolve in the spiritual path tries harder to practice what their guru has taught. Initially it is difficult to practice what is taught but conscious efforts to keep thinking of Baba will help us overcome our weaknesses and remain fixed in doing good even in face of negative external influences. Ultimately such a sadhak sees the guru as the friend, guide and master. When we have the Master of the Universe as our companion what is there to fear? Let the world dessert us, we remain happy and do good to serve people around us. (Contributed by continued.....) CONTRIBUTED ARTICLE: continued..... A man can be called a perfect siddha, only when he overcomes his senses in the face of temptations such as kama, krodha moha, lobha, and madha. One who is amidst these situations can only conquer them. Once all these qualities are conquered then the person evolves into a higher state of spirituality. Valmiki, Vishwamitra, Tulsidas, to

name a few, rose to the height of spirituality only after overcoming their senses and changing their behavior. A person who has not come across these hurdles in life does not have the opportunity to control the behavior, as these senses lie dormant and would rise when fanned in a given situation. It is normal for kids to make mistakes while learning, so also our lord and master looks at us, His children, and forgives our sins. It is okay to falter in the path of spirituality, but he who can successfully tread the path towards Sai in the face of temptations and rise above is a true follower of the Sadguru. We need to seek the guidance and blessings of guru for success. Constant thought of sadguru's name would make the journey even through the "narrow footpath near the Barvi well" a stroll under the moonlight. When we enshrine guru as our companion in our hearts all the difficulties in life seem smaller. Let us earn the grace of guru by constantly thinking of him and

conditioning our mind to think positively, live in hope, and take one step at a time. Let us march ahead being aware that it is okay to make mistakes, but repentance and effort to avoid such pitfalls by holding on to the holy feet of Sadguru, will get us through the sins and helps us evolve spiritually. Sai Satcharita is the only answer for our spiritual evolution. (Contributed by Anitha Kandukuri, Canberra, Australia) DEVOTEES SAY: SeemaI want to thank the team of Sai Vichaar for sending lovely experiences of Baba's devotees. It is my pleasure to have a mail from Sai Vichaar every Thursday because it seems to me that Baba is sending His blessings to me. Along with this I want to thank Baba for helping me out and solving my problem as I was worried about my admission in MBA. I have got admission in a good institute only through His blessings. In

future also I hope he will bless me. Thanks a lot Baba for helping me out. Also be with me and help me in successfully completing my studies without any problem. MeenuKoti Koti pranam, Baba. Thanks in helping my husband get a new job. Please shower Your blessings on us always. Sai devoteeI wish to share a wonderful experience with other devotees of Baba. During the month of June 1996 I underwent Angiogram test. I was praying Baba. As the test was coming to an end Baba appeared in white robes patting my back. Minutes later the Doctor told me Angiogram was clear without any blocks in the arteries. Again on 30th June 2007 this year I was asked to undergo Stress/Rest Myocardial Perfusion scan to know if there are any blocks in blood vessels of the heart. As usual the Treadmill test showed some anomoly indicating the possibility of blocks. When I was on scan table I prayed Baba. Stange coincidence,

as the scan was coming to an end Baba appeared in white robes as it happened 11 years back. The scannig was over. After examining the pictures on computer the doctor told me it was clear and there were no blocks. I could not believe my ears and asked him again. He confirmed that there were no blocks and the fluctuations in Tread Mill test were not due to any blocks in the coronary arteries. It is only because of Baba's grace I have no heart problems since 1993, when for the first time the Tread Mill (Stress) test showed inducible icshemia, which is a sign of blocks in coronary arteries. Sai devoteeBaba thanks for all Your help. Thanks for giving me permanent job for which I was waiting for long time. Thanks for all devotees who are sharing their experiences in news letter. VaniDear Baba, from the time I have started trusting You, You have always made me feel Your presence in every moment of my

life. Baba, I want to thank you for You have made many things possible which I really thought was impossible and I have full faith that You will be with me and my family forever. Baba, I thank you million times for You cleared the misunderstanding between me and my husband which was creating a lot of problems in my life. Without Your Krupa, it would not have been possible. Koti Dhanyavad Baba. Nothing is hidden from You and You always give me everything when it is the perfect time. As promised I am posting this article in Sai Vichaar. PRAYER CLUB: Sai devoteeMera Sai please help us out with the family sickness we are having and the troubles we have been having for the past six months. No one else can help us out except You, my beloved Baba. Please shower Your grace on our health and bless us with peace of mind. JyotsnaOm

Sai Baba, ever since I was a kid I beleive in You. I always found Your presence. Please I have got a very big pain in my heart and I am unable to sleep at nights because sometimes my sugar levels are coming above normal. I am worried and as You know Baba, I have two little kids. I am worried about my future. Please Baba bless me. My health should be fine. I should get everything normal. I am unable to express myself Baba. Please shower Your blessings and show me some miracle. I have a right to ask You as You are the father of mine the only friend and dear one. Please bless me and my family with good health. Sai devoteeMy pranams to you oh kind Sai. Oh Lord I finished reading the Sai Satcharita in one week and got a call for interview. Oh Lord kindly shower Your blessing on me that I should get the job. Please let him come back to me, he should realize his mistake. Kindly shower Your blessing on all your children and devotees. A devoteeOm Sai Ram, please Baba help me in my way of thinking, make me get my visa extension. Make me stop drinking and make me more courageous. I will never forget You. Do forgive me, help my mom and my brother. RachnaJai Sai Ram, Baba I read in Sai Satcharitra that if we expect some miracle happen. As You know everything about me so Baba I am expecting miracle. Baba bless me with beautiful and peace life. PadmaPlease save me from all my problems. I am very much worried about my son's college admission. Please bless him with good marks and to get admission in good college. ManishSai, we look for Your blessings on us. Today we are passing through very crucial movement because after Ultasound report doctor has to reply my wife, whether we have to go though pregnancy delivery in the end of 34 weeks or with the Baba's

blessing every thing will be allright, and she will complete her 37 weeks pre mature delivery time period. Please help us and continue Your blessing on us Baba. ZenobiaPranam Baba, Baba my husband is working for a very reputed company in Mumbai and is a very conscientious worker. Inspite of his toiling so hard his boss is extremely rude and ungrateful. Baba please help his boss change his attitude and behaviour towards my husband and make him a better human being. I shall definitely post it in Sai Vichaar. Sai devoteeToday is Thursday and I am mentally disturbed because of my friend's professional problem. Please help him in getting through. He is an honest man and think good of everybody. Please save him from this problem. Baba I am also seeing a very bad phase professionally. Kinldy help me also. We are going through quite stressful time. Please shower Your blessing on our family.

EXPERIENCE OF DEVOTEES: Sai devoteeMy husband was out of IT field since we got married and I was so worried about him. I prayed Sai to give us a good life by giving a nice job for my husband. He started applying to his jobs yet he couldn't get any. I cried myself so many times and my little one also suffered because of me. I trusted Sai and my belief towards Sai is increasing day by day though my husband was failing in the job interviews. I did Sai Satcharitra parayana three times yet my days were too horrible. I believed one saying from my parents, "If you wanted something and if that happened to you that's good for you but if that doesn't happened then it is more good for you. I always remembered these words and was praying for His divine blessings. I started parayana again with more Sradha and Saburi. On that week my husband attended one interview with an

Indian company. We didn't have any hopes on that to get the job. Also he lost his confidence and it was time to start using our savings money. I was on maternity leave for an year and my husband was on EI. So we both were getting money from govt only. But on my last day of my parayana they selected my husband and there was no limit to my happiness. On Thursday his office HRM sent him an offer letter. I couldn't thank enough to Sai to let my dreams come true. That job was a contract position yet they liked my husband and offered a full time position with a nice pay. I prayed Sai when I was doing parayana that I am gonna leave one of my favourite food until me and my family visit Shirdi to get Sai's darshan and I left my favourite food to him. I would like to suggest to all Sai devotees never loose your hope and believe Sai. He will definitely take care of his children. We just need to work hard and have faith in him in our tough times and on good times also. Rest is Sai's

divine blessings. Sai Deva please continue to shower Your blessings in our good and bad times and if we did any mistakes please forgive us. QUOTATION OF THE WEEK: "What is yours remains with you and what ever is other's remains with them".-Shri Sai Baba QUESTION OF THE WEEK: Q. How can one be consistent with their devotion to Sri Saibaba? SAI ACTIVITIES: Shirdi Sai Temple of Chicago and Suburbs, Illinois, USAShirdi Sai temple is open daily from 7:00 a.m to 9:00 p.m (Summer hours). Daily program includes Kakad Arathi at 7 a.m. followed by Abhisek. Madhayana Arathi at 12 noon, Dhoop Arathi at 6 p.m. and Shej Arathi at 9 p.m. Archana, Homams, Sahasranama and

sponsored poojas continue in between the Arathis. To request a pooja for yourselves, your friends and family, please call. Devotees can request water (Abhishek Jal) from the Holy bathing of Baba by sending us an email or by phone. Temple is located 25 minutes drive west of Schaumburg on intersection of IL Route 47 and Plank Road in Hampshire, IL. For more information please call 847-931-4058 or send email to maildrop. Shri Saibaba Mandir, Minneapolis, MinnesotaSaibaba activities in Minneapolis were conducted at Shirdi Saibaba Prayer center since the year 2002. Now, with the grace and blessings of Baba and the support of devotees, a new Saibaba Mandir has begun to function at 1835 Polk St NE, Minneapolis from July 11th 2006. Please visit www.hamaresai.org for all details. Sri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of Dallas/Fort Worth, TexasSri Shirdi Sai Baba Temple of DFW Metroplex is located at

2109 West Parker (Parker Plaza), Suite 212, Plano, TX 75023. For temple hours and activities please call the temple office at 469-467-3388 or visit the website www.shirdisaidallas.org. Shirdi Sai Center in Bay Area, CAShirdi Sai Center is located 897-B East Kifer Rd, Sunnyvale, CA 94086. For more information please call 408-705-7904 or 408-564-6704 or send email to saibandhu. You can also visit our website is www.Shirdisaiparivaar.org. Shirdi Saibaba temple, Los Angeles, CADevotees in Los Angeles area are informed about Sri Shirdi Saibaba temple in Los Angeles area. The temple is located at - 144 South 4th Street, Montebello, CA 90640. For more information please call Krishna Samantula at 949-679-9938 or visit www.shirdisaila.org. Saibaba Temple, Columbus, OhioDevotees in Columbus and surrounding Ohio locations area are informed about Sri Shirdi

Saibaba temple in Metro Columbus area. The temple is located in a leasing space at 7674 Sawmill Rd, Dublin, OH 43016. Please attend daily Aaratis and Thursday bhajans. For more information please call Panditjee at 614-799-8411 or visit www.saibaba.cc. Shirdi Sai bhajans every Thursday at Maitland, FloridaDevotees are invited to participate in Sai study and bhajans on Thursdays between 7-8 pm at Meditation Gallery, 219 E Horatio Ave, Maitland, FL 32715. For more details please contact Bonnie at 407-830-1276. FROM THE EDITORS KEYBOARD: Those contributing to Sai Vichaar are requested to identify themselves by giving their name. Unless Baba wills nothing can be done and it is symbolic of one's humility not to give too much credence to their writings or expressions. However, in respect to the etiquette of publication, it is only customary to

identify the source of writings. Sai Vichaar hopes that devotees would oblige. A Sai devotee suggests the "Question of the week" as follows, Q. How can one be consistent with their devotion to Sri Saibaba? Humbly Yours,The Editor ABOUT THIS EMAIL: This newsletter is not sent unsolicited. This newsletter is e-mailed to you because of at least one of the following reasons:1. You have d through our on-line page,2. You have visited our web site and shown interest in the Sai topics and asked for information, or3. You have been gifted a subscription by a friend or a relative. To Subscribe Sai Vichaar for receipt by Email please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you are subscribing the newsletter for your friend or a

relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the newsletter and the willingness to receive the newsletter be confirmed. To Un-Subscribe receipt of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the option from the menu. If you have problems accessing the web page due to network problems, please send an e-mail to support with the words "Un Sai Vichaar" in the subject line. To make a contribution to any of the sections of Sai Vichaar, please visit the URL http://www.saibaba.org/newsletter.html and select the Submit Articles to Sai Vichaar option from the menu. Back copies of HTML version of Sai Vichaar can be accessed by visting the URL http://www.saibaba.org/whatsnew.html. For any questions or more information regarding this e-mail or our web site, please send an e-mail to maildrop and your

inquiries will be attended to promptly. Thank you,The webmaster From and Editor: Shirdi Sai Baba Web Site Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha (A non-profit organization) Mail: 12N950 State Route 47 Hampshire, IL 60140, USA Email maildrop Phone 847-931-4058 Fax 847-931-4066 © Copyright 1998-2006 saibaba.org, Shirdi Sai Baba Sanstha - Sai Vichaar Weekly may only be redistributed in its unedited form. Written permission must be obtained to reprint or cite the information contained within this newsletter. Sai Vichaar is devoted to the philosophy and teachings of Shri Sadguru Sai Baba of Shirdi, and will take every measure to avoid topics or themes contradicting the same. Sai Vichaar team or the Shirdi Sai Baba web site is not responsible for the opinions expressed by individual contributors.