IndiaDivine.org

Three Wonderful Incidents told by Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Three Wonderful Incidents told by Swami Once, I went on a countrywide tour. During that tour I went to the river Sindhu along with a saintly person. Linguists know that some people pronounce Sindhu as Hindu. I stayed in Goa in the Raj Bhavan when Nakul Sen was the Lt. Governor of that State. His wife's name was Indu. I slept in the front hall of the Raj Bhavan. Nakul Sen and his wife slept in their bedroom. There was a window in their bedroom from where they could see what was happening in the front hall. After I slept, Nakul Sen's wife saw through the window a brilliant light emerging from My body. Unable to bear the effulgence of that brilliant light, she tried to wake up her husband. Nakul Sen would not like to be disturbed at that hour. He admonished her not to disturb him and to sleep peacefully. But, she insisted that her husband should wake up and witness that brilliant light emanating from Swami. At last, Nakul Sen woke up and had the divine

darshan of that effulgence. In the early years of the advent of this Avatar, a great devotee by name Karnam Subbamma used to serve Swami. Her devotion to Swami was unparalleled. In those days, caste differences were widely prevalent and observed strictly in Puttaparthi. Especially, the Brahmins used to keep distance from the Harijans. Since, Subbamma was an orthodox Brahmin, she used to meticulously observe these practices. One day, I informed Subbamma that I would be visiting the Harijanwada. Subbamma felt very unhappy and tried to dissuade Me from going to that place saying, "Oh! Swami! Why should You visit that place?" I asked her, "Why should I not go? Why should I not eat the food offered by the Harijans? I will certainly go there." So saying, I started for the Harijanwada. However, as she was a great devotee of Swami and was very much attached to Him, she followed. The people living in the Harijanwada were very poor. They had no chairs or mattresses to

make Me seated comfortably. They spread an old dhoti on the floor and requested Me to sit on that. In the meantime, I felt drowsy and fell asleep. Thereafter, a big sound emanated from My navel, as though the roof over the building was being blown off. The people in the house trembled in fear, on hearing that big sound. All of them ran helter-skelter. Thus, the Divine power manifests from the bodies of the Avatars, saints and yogis in many different ways. Long ago, when I went to some African countries on tour, the devotees there presented Me with a comb made of iron. However, I had no necessity for it. I do not use a comb. If ever I put the brush on My hair, it will get stuck. My hair is so thick and strong. Even if one wants to pull out one hair, it is not possible. This is the nature of the hair of divine personalities. Not only Myself, every individual has certain divine powers, which he should try to nurture. Everyone are trying to fritter away the

divine power in ever so many ways. Everyone wastes a lot of power daily with the result they lose their energy and become prematurely old. Especially, the head is the seat of all power. Hence, one has to carefully protect the head. - From Bhagawan's Divine Discourse 10.02.2005, Prasanthi Nilayam