IndiaDivine.org

A regd letter is sent back to the sender if not received by the addressee.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Nobody can harm us unless we allow them. For instance, someone abuse you to their heart content. If you don't react, nothing will affect you. Swami often says, that a Registered letter is returned to the sender, if it is refused by the receiver. It is in this context, Buddha allowed his opponents to abuse him till they run out of their vocabulary. When asked for the reason for doing so, Buddha said, "I am about to visit a village where the people eagerly wait for my dharsan and discourse. If only they come to know the abuses hurled upon me by you people, you wont be spared by the villagers. In order to protect you, and also remove the venom from your mind, i simply allowed you to abuse Me. He sat silently throughout the ordeal without any least reaction. Thus the opponents also were able to see reason and relinquish the hatred they had for Buddha. The world is at best a drama stage wherein each scene is enacted based on a plan conceived by the Divine.To think that we are independent actors is nothing but ignorance. When we assume doership, we have to reap the consequences also. Hence understand that the Divine does everything and we are puppets pulled through strings. Sairam.