IndiaDivine.org

To undertake service, remove the body consciousness and ego.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

To remain as paper tiger for better part of the life is the fate of many. Hence service to society really educate us in the nuances of selfless service. In the begining there may be many defaults. But never give up. Only when we willingly undertake service activities, god too bless us and help us to remove our fundamental ignorance. Since we have attachment to the body, we resist the idea of service to others. But it takes time and many trials before we choose to ignore the demands of body. It so happened that during Prasanthi service on the concluding day, my reliever has not turned up in time. I was really upset by the delay since i was hungry and hence i ventured into a nearby stall within the precincts of my duty point but to my dismay no food to satiate my hunger was available. It was really a test, Swami put to me whether i tolerate the little hunger prefering to wait for my reliever. But even this i could not resist. Atlast my reliever turned up and i rushed to the canteen to assuage my hunger. We should resist the body conscious to be a true seva dal. This is the lesson i learned on that day. Sairam.