IndiaDivine.org

Sai, the mysterious Guide.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

I have become old and hence i could not participate in the normal service activities, the other samithi members participate. Hence i share with all my saibrothers and sisters, anecdotes of my memories and readings on Swami. As a squirrel, that collected little sand on its tail and poured on the ocean, i feel a little satisfaction while typing the messages. I understand that it is Swami who manipulates the little 'me' to do something without wasting in vain pursuits. I had very endearing encounters with Swami during 64-65. I do not know how the circumstances enabled me to have a first glimpse of the "Avatar of the age". One day all of a sudden, my meternal uncle asked me to come to Perambur, a suburb in Chennai where a beautiful hall with a more beautiful photo of Swami is kept. I do not know which prompted him like that. Fortunately Baba had come down to Madras at that time and there was a message written on a black board that Swami would visit "Abbotsbury" on the next day. It was 25 Dec 1964, the day of Christmas, when i had my first glimpse of God on human vesture. It was such a mind shattering experience. In the next few days, i was literally chasing Baba wherever he went. In one such encounter, few people were standing against a closed gate in Alwarpet. Swami suddenly came out in the verandah of bungalow in which he was staying. We were gazing at him from a distance of 50 feet. He suddenly asked some to open the gate. I was fortunate to stand before Swami. Without my volition i asked him "when i can visit puttaparthy". He said "January first weelo randi bangaru". Though i was not much conversant with the chaste Telugu in which he has spoken, i could discern that i can go there during the first week of January. It so happened that i reached Prasanthi Nilayam on 7 Jan 1965 and on the same morning, i was fortunate to have a private interview alongwith other devotees. Baba has spoken my mind out and pecified me saying that He will take care. Thus started the visible bond with the Lord and it continues to this day. During these 43 years, he mended me in many ways and made me to accept all happenings as the 'gift of god'. Though i am not perfect yet, still he enables me to understand that the sufferings and troubles i undergo in every day life is the result of "Prabdha karma" and it had to be endured rather than resisted. I slowly learn to accept things rather than to fight with everything. Swami guide me slowly step by step till i gain freedom from the cycle of existence. Sairam.