IndiaDivine.org

From Puttaparthi... The Kanyakumari Miracle

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Mr. Chidambaram Krishnan, a long-time devotee of Bhagavan Baba,narrates the following incident when he went to Trivandrum along with Swami.( Dec. '58)

Swami had asked me to go home, pack my bags, and join Him in His tour to Trivandrum and stay with Him for a few days. (3 snaps attached)

We reached there around 3 P.M. and were received by Dr. B. Ramakrishna Rao, who was the Governor of Kerala State then. Swami was given a grand reception, and stayed with the Governor. We also stayed in the Governor's mansion.

Next morning, we went to Kanyakumari, the southernmost point in the Indian peninsula. Because the Governor was travelling with Swami, the road was cleared of all traffic and our party simply sped along. In Kanyakumari, we were accommodated in the Kerala Government Guest House.

In the evening, Swami said, "Let's go to the beach." In Kanyakumari, there is a bathing ghat where it is safe to enter the water. Swami did not go there but instead headed for a rocky spot some distance away. The sea slopes very rapidly there and is very deep. Huge waves often form there, and visitors therefore avoid that area; but that exactly is where Swami went!!!

Many have drowned there and so there was some concern in our party about Swami going there. Kasturi and a few others pleaded with Swami not to go there, but He brushed everyone aside and went straight for those rocks. I too tried to stop Swami saying, "Swami, not there please." But He pushed me aside.

Soon after I had taken a picture, a huge wave came rushing towards Swami. I tell you, this wave was real huge! And it engulfed almost half of Swami!! We were all mighty scared, and feared that the wave would carry Swami away.

The wave withdrew and we then went near Swami. He smiled and said, "Looks like all of you valued your lives so much that you abandoned Swami and took to your heels!" I said, "Swami, that wave was really a monster; it was so big!"

Swami then gently lifted his robe about an inch and said, "Look below!" And what we saw there around His Feet was a necklace with huge Pearls, 108 of them as we found later.

Swami said, "The Lord of the Sea had come to pay homage to Me and make this offering to Me. How could I ignore Him and walk away from the shore? You thought instead that you would be swallowed and ran away!!!"

We then begged for forgiveness. Swami gave that necklace to the Governor.

http://media.radiosai.org/Journals/Vol_04/01APR06/recollections-chidam.htm

Pleasing the entire world without pleasing God is of no use. Even if the whole world is opposed to you, so long as God is with you, you need not fear. When God is with you, the whole world will follow you. When God is pleased with you, the whole world will be pleased with you. Therefore, let all your efforts be towards pleasing God. - BABA