Part 29

Summary of the programs

by Sri Sathya Sai Primary School Children

OM…OM…OM…

Sai Ram

With Pranams at the Lotus Feet of Bhagavan,

Dear Brothers and Sisters!

swami’s teachers in heaven visit parthi

The Sri Sathya Sai Primary School children arranged a program, where all the teachers of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba who are in heaven, come down to earth. They all met at one place and each one shared his experiences with Baba. Once upon a time, Baba was their student.

the famous Teachers

All these years, they were in heaven and said that they were very bored there. They wanted to come back and spend time with their beloved student, Sathya Sai Baba. They went on exchanging their impressions, reminiscing about the past, recalling their experiences with Him during His childhood days, telling about the three places where he studied - Bukkapatnam, Kamalapuram and Uravakonda.

As you know, the outstanding famous teachers were Mehboob Khan, Subbannachari, Thammiraju, Manchiraju and Kondappa. Because Swami repeatedly mentions these names, they are very very familiar to Sai devotees. From the beginning, they were convinced of His Divinity. They knew well that Baba was Bhagavan Himself, while others could not know. For that reason, we have heard these great names from Swami a number of times.

ThE Teachers’ experiences with swami

As I already said, every teacher had his own experience. Yesterday, I told you Mehboob Khan’s experience. It was Mehboob Khan who asked his colleague to let Baba sit down so the teacher could free himself from the chair to which he got himself stuck. As a punishment, the teacher asked Baba to stand on a bench. When Swami stood there, this man could not come out of his chair. Mehboob Khan said to his colleague, “Tell Him to sit, then you will be released from the chair.”

Then another teacher, Subbannachari shared his experience with his colleagues. “How can I forget Sathya? How well He influenced our family! The experiences we had in His company were innumerable. It is impossible to forget Him.”

Subbanachari said, “One day I wanted to cane Sai Baba, so I told Him to spread out His palm. What did I see on His palm? The picture of Shirdi Sai Baba. I could not cane Him any more. I experienced Sai Baba’s own Divinity.”

Then it was Thammiraju’s turn, another teacher of Sathya Sai Baba. He shared his experience.

Thammiraju said, “How can I forget our old days? My son brought home 20,000 rupees. We lived in a small house in a village. It would be a problem to see that the money was not stolen.”

Then Thammiraju said, “Believe me, throughout the night, Baba served as a watchman; thus the money was safe with us. Baba did everything for our family, and He removed all of our difficulties. Therefore, I wanted to see Him again, so I have come down from heaven.”

dIVINE WILL FREES CLASSMATE FROM BAD HABIT

Then the teacher Mehboob Khan identified another man from heaven by the name of Mohinuddeen. Mohinuddeen happened to be a classmate of Sri Sathya Sai Baba. He, too, had passed away a long time back.

When Baba’s teachers made a holiday trip to earth, he wanted to join them. Now Mehboob Khan asked Mohinuddeen, “Could you share with us your experiences of Baba? What made you decide to come here today? We thought that you were comfortable there in heaven! Why did you come down?”

He said, “No! No! No! Without Sathya, heaven is boring. I, too, have come down to see Him once again.”

Then Thammiraju and Mehboob Khan, along with other teachers asked Mohinuddeen, “Would you please tell us how you were influenced by Baba?”

Mohinuddeen started to speak, “Unfortunately, I became a victim to drugs, mafia. I got addicted to morphine injections. Without this morphine injection, I could no longer work. I became a slave to this bad habit.”

Somebody asked, “Couldn’t you give up this bad habit?”

He said, “I wanted to, but I couldn’t. Without that morphine injection, I could not be active. I could not discharge my duties.”

Then someone else said, “All right, there is one Sathya Sai Baba. He will be able to cure you.”

So, Mohinuddeen came to Sathya Sai Baba. He recognised His old classmate.

“Oh Sathya, You remember that we were classmates? People say that You are God and that You will cure any kind of disease. Would you be able to cure me from this bad habit of taking morphine injections? I am a morphine addict.“

Baba said, “Don’t worry, I will help you. Just stop taking morphine from now on.”

He made a promise to Baba that he would not take another morphine injection.

One day passed. The second day he was feeling pain. That day he wanted to have another dose of the injection.

At that point, one of his friends came. “Look here, Mohinuddeen, I have an extra packet of morphine; would you like to have it?”

Mohinuddeen said, “I am sorry. I already made a promise to Baba that I would not take it. I don’t need it.”

He waited through that day. The next day was even more painful. He prayed to Baba, “Please cure me from this bad habit. The third night I had a very nice sleep. After that, I never had any desire to go to these drugs again.” This is what Mohinuddeen said about Swami saving him from that bad habit.

“It is Sai energy, the Divine, which will free us from our bad habits. That’s how I was influenced,” said Mohinuddeen, who was Baba’s classmate.

TeachERS WONDERSTRUCK AT THE GOLDEN AGE

Now all the teachers, Thammiraju, Mehboob Khan, Manchiraju, etc. started looking at the students seated there.

One of the teachers asked a student, “Where do you come from?”

The student got up and said, “Sir, I am from the Philippines.”

Then Thammiraju asked another boy, “Where do you come from?”

“I am from Singapore.”

Subannachari asked another boy, “Where do you come from?”

“I am from Dubai.”

Mehboob Khan asked some other student, “Where are you from?”

“I am from Darjeeling.”

Manchiraju asked another boy, “Where do you come from? “

“I am from the United States of America.”

All the teachers started wondering. After all, our boy Sathya is attracting students today from all over the world! Isn’t that fantastic! Isn’t that interesting!

Having called all the boys from all corners of the world, He must be sitting somewhere. Let us find out where He is. Because we have come all the way from Heaven to see Him, we should see Him where He is.

Then Thammi Raju asked one boy from America, “Hey boy, why have you come here from America? What do you get here?”

That boy, Jeffrey got up and said, “Sir, I have come from America because I can learn Veda chanting here. It is not possible to learn it elsewhere. This is a place where I could know something of Indian culture and practise it to some extent. This is a place where human values are stressed. Therefore, I have decided and declare now - what is not found in India is not found anywhere in the world.”

Then came another question from Mehboob Khan. He asked this boy Jeffrey from America, “Would you please recite some Veda verses? Let us hear.”

Freely, this boy started reciting slokas.

All the teachers were wonderstruck. Sathya of those days is a grown man now, attracting boys from all over the world, making them chant Veda, which is undreamt of.

Then Mehboob Khan said, “Is this not the Golden Age that Baba was speaking about long back?”

All the other teachers said, “Yes, this is the Golden Age.”

PARALYSIS CURED

Then a teacher asked one boy, “Boy, what made you come here and join Swami’s school? You have come here from a far off place, from thousands of miles. Why are you drawn here? “

The student answered like this, “Sir, I was influenced by my teacher. My teacher suggested that I have my studies here in Prasanthi Nilayam. You know, sir, what happened? My teacher’s husband suffered from a paralytic attack. He went for treatment, but there was no cure. He had heard of Sathya Sai Baba and he had heard of the Super Speciality Hospital. However, my teacher’s husband had no faith in Sathya Sai Baba.

“Somehow, my teacher persuaded him to come to Puttaparthi. He had the darshan of Baba, but he could not get an interview. Baba gave him vibuthi and asked him to take it for three months. This man had no belief in Swami.

“So, Swami appeared to him in the dream: ‘Why don’t you follow My command? Take this vibuthi for three months; you will be cured of the paralysis problems.’ So, my teacher’s husbands started taking small doses of vibuthi. He did this for seventy-one days. On that day, he was totally cured of the paralytic stroke and its effects. Therefore, my teacher directed me to come over here.”

Sai LOVE IS WONDERFUL!

Then another teacher asked some other boy, “You are living far away from your parents. Don’t you miss them?”

The boy said, “No sir, I might be missing one physical mother; but Swami showers on us the love of a thousand mothers. So, I don’t miss my mother. Sai’s Love is wonderful!

---------------------Ram ChuganiKobe, Japanrgcjp