IndiaDivine.org

From Puttaparthi... The Kashmir Trips

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

"Swami had been to Kashmir for the first time in 1957, but that was a big group and the trip was very short.

"I was in my XII grade, studying in Brindavan at that time," recalls Mr. Ramkrishna Reddy, who has been a Teacher at the Sri Sathya Sai Higher Secondary School for more than 25 years now. "The year was 1970. We were all preparing to write the all-important public examination, and often Swami used to tell us to study well.

The hostel at that time had 30-40 boys in all and Swami used to interact with us a lot, and I remember one evening, Swami came into the hostel and said: "Boys, study well and secure first class in the examination. " If you secure first class, I will take you to Kashmir…… We will go by plane and sing bhajans all along the way.'

We were overjoyed, but at the same time did not believe it entirely. Swami just wants to motivate us, we said to ourselves. Swami then, moved a few steps, stopped and turned. "… not only in studies, but in Discipline and Devotion too you should secure a first class".

Swami never talked about it for many years after that day. But suddenly one morning in 1975, 'Kashmir' seemed to be again on SWAMI's Lips. And again, 1975 passed… Kashmir was elusive as ever, confirming the belief that it was only a divine 'motivational tool'; the boys had concluded — that is, till 1980.

It was in May '80 when Swami had just returned from Bombay. I was ushered into the Divine Presence. 'We are going to Kashmir on the 1st of June. Get prepared with some warm clothing,' said the Lord!!!

'1, 2, 3… 17… plus myself – 18 members,' counted the Lord on the morning of our departure. '18 chapters of the Bhagavad Gita. 8+1=9, Divine Number. Very good!'

"I came to Swami as a boy of 8 in 1962, but had never before seen such ecstasy and longing for the Lord," says Mr. Ramakrishna Reddy, one of the fortunate members of Swami's entourage. "Wherever Swami went, people were just euphoric; they shouted 'Baba! Baba!' with their arms, either raised or folded, or wide open…"

Lt. General Malhotra, was the Army Commander of that region, and also a Sai Devotee. Swami had blessed the General and his wife, Prem Malhotra, way back in 1973 when He was on a visit to Staff College, Wellington Ooty.

The Srinagar airport resounded with full-throated "Jai Sai Ram! Jai Sai Ram!" Lt. General Malhotra, along with his staff officers, was on the tarmac. "As the door of the plane opened," he recalls, The General lay prostrate on the tarmac overcome with emotion and devotion. Swami was then driven by Colonel Beri, Staff Officer to the Army Commander who was also a devotee, to the Officers' Mess in Jammu. (See snaps)

"Finally, we arrived in Udhampur," recalls Lt. General Malhotra. Here stood Tara Mount, the official residence of General Malhotra. "My wife received Him with Arati," he continues. "She showed Him His room and then the whole house. We took Him to the Puja room too. Swami seemed so happy." (See snaps)

http://media.radiosai.org/Journals/Vol_06/01JUN08/03-coverstory.htm

Though My Heart is soft as butter, it melts only when there is some warmth in your prayer. Unless you make some disciplined effort, Grace cannot descend on you. The yearning, the agony of unfulfilled aim melts My Heart. You may attend so many Shivaraathris at this place, but unless you illumine your heart and make it shine clear and pure, it will be shrouded in raathri (night) only – SATHYA SAI BABA

PS: We've posted Puttaparthi Vibhuthi to all the requests recd. as of date, within India as well as to the US,CANADA,SOUTHAFRICA,FIJI,MAURITIUS,NEPAL,BOTSWANA,BAHRAIN,MALAYSIA,KUWAIT,LONDON, SRILANKA,NEWZEALAND & DUBAI. With SWAMI's grace, most have recd. it. In case someone hasn't recd. yet, please write to premasai.gurukulam.