IndiaDivine.org

Where do you come From ?

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Where do you come From ? One of the most wonderful questions that Swami puts to the boys of the Primary School is "Where do you come from?” The Inevitable answer is “Swami, I come from You, Swami!” Then Swami will turn to the big boys and say, “See? He says, ‘From You, Swami,’ whereas you fellows say, ‘From Bombay or from Chennai.’

Chi! See those boys!” And then He’ll ask another little boy, “How old are you?” “Swami, eight years.” “How do you know?” “My mother told me, Swami.” “Correct answer. Hey, where are you fellows? How old are you?” “Twenty years.” “How do you know?” “Date

on birth certificate.” “Chi!” (Laughter) See, what nice answers given by the little boys! As a result, the big boys wanted to copy them so that Swami would appreciate them too. Then He asked one big boy (I mean a postgraduate student), “Hey, where do you come from?” Swami asked this question in Telugu. That boy said, “I come from You, Swami,” imitating the primary school boy. Swami immediately said, “Oh, from Me? Then you must know Telugu! If you are from Me, why don’t you know Telugu?” Because that fellow could not give an answer, Swami said again, “Where do you come from?” He could not answer. “Why don’t you give an answer?” “Uh, I don’t know.” “You said, ‘From Me’, so then you must know Telugu!” So, it was a big joke. But at the same time, it was a hint that we should never imitate; we should never copy. Long ago Bhagavan said, “Imitation is human. Creation is Divine.” We are basically Divine. We don’t have to imitate. When we imitate, we lose our originality; we lose our nature; we lose our identity. So let us be

creative by being original. This is a lesson for everybody Source : www.saiwisdom.com