IndiaDivine.org

You are not in God, God is in you - Swami

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SAI RAM,

SWAMY`s discourse needs no explanation. Can you please show me a place ,being or thing where God is not there? God is above us,below us,behind us,in front of us and so on, assert the Vedas and the Bhagawad Gita. To limit the prescence of God to a place or object or a being is the height of ignorance. In fact the scriptures assert that there is nothing other than God here(SARVAM KHALU IDAM BRAHMA, PURUSHA EVA IDAM SARVA, POORNAMIDAM POORNAMADAH etc. etc.). The scriptures also assert that the real nature of each one of us is nothing other than Divinity which is equally present in all. Gita declares that the whole Cosmos is supported by God and that all beings are held in position like beads in a garland(Sootre Maniganaa Iva) by God. Thus it is abundantly clear that we are all in God and we are none other than God. Let us not keep doubting Swamy`s declarations and give different interpretations to what all Swamy says from time to time. You have the scriptures to support whatever Swamy says. In other words, Swamy quotes only from Scriptures.

SAI RAM

On 3/9/08, Ratnamani Tailor <tailor_ratna wrote:

Sairam,Reading this discourse.............. and the last few lines: it is not proper to say that God is in you. You are in God. All are in God. The world itself is a manifestation of God. This is the Transcendental Truth. This is the changeless truth.

So my questing is then why is the title You are not in God, God is in you........... should it not be saying You are in God. God is not in you...........(??)

MY second question is this too. I have always understood that God resides in our body...........so our body is a temple so there for we should try to please God by being good humanbeings and try to do good deeds and live our life as to please God. then reading the discourse .............. why is it not that God is in us too .........and we are in God.

Can some one please share this with me ? make me understand this discourse? Thank you.Sairamkumar mahadevan <mahadevan12 wrote:

" If you pose a question as to " Where is God? " some people will say, " He is in me " , pointing to their body. Body is not permanent. Hence, this is not a proper answer. When I say the flower is in My hand, the flower is smaller than Me. In the same manner, when you say God is in you, you are bigger than God! In fact, the whole world is in the hands of God. Hence, it is not proper to say that God is in you. You are in God. All are in God. The world itself is a manifestation of God. This is the Transcendental Truth. This is the changeless truth.

- From Swami's 2003 Shivarathri Discourse.

You are managing the group through Grouply.

You to individual emails for this group. | Update your Subscription settings

2 messages in this conversation, including this one | Add a comment

View this message on Grouply so you can rate, tag, bookmark, and see what oth ers think about it.

Get in Shape

on

Find a buddy

and lose weight.

Popular Y! Groups

Is your group one?

Check it out and

see.

Moderator Central

An online resource

for moderators

of .

• 10 months later...

" If you pose a question as to "Where is God?" some people will say, "He is in me", pointing to their body. Body is not permanent. Hence, this is not a proper answer. When I say the flower is in My hand, the flower is smaller than Me. In the same manner, when you say God is in you, you are bigger than God! In fact, the whole world is in the hands of God. Hence, it is not proper to say that God is in you. You are in God. All are in God. The world itself is a manifestation of God. This is the Transcendental Truth. This is the changeless truth.

- From Swami's 2003 Shivarathri Discourse.