IndiaDivine.org

New Sai museum in Puttaparthy and Darshan story

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Courtesy: www..com

On Darshan

We were having a discussion in the Western Canteen during lunch yesterday, and the subject of darshan came up, and people told their favourite darshan stories. I suppose all of us have our favourite darshan stories which we tell again and again. The human story is nothing but the story of God. But now, God is actually here in a human form with superhuman powers, to lead us to the paths of blessedness. Swami uses a metaphor, just as a bird flying over the ocean sooner or later has to find a ships mast to rest, so too, sooner or later, we have to find the PATH TO PEACE.

We tell our darshan stories because they are precious moments for us, when we are taken in the Lord’s glance, seen, blessed, and transformed, as HE tells us. We tell our darshan stories for they are moments we recall when we were in the very presence of God, and whenever we remember those moments, God is with us again. That is the significance of what Swami told in His Divine Discourse on New Year’s Day, “If you recall me, you will have me, you will ALWAYS have me, nothing can come between us, he told, again and again.

The skies are grey, heavy with rain clouds. I predicted rain yesterday, and some Prashanti Nilayam regulars pooh-poohed the idea. Well, light rain is falling now, as I write. The breeze is cool, the climate is pleasant both day and night (although the sun has a bit of a bite in it… I notice I can go out in the sun here in Prashanti Nilayam, but not at home; there is a hole in the ozone layer over home, and I can feel the sunlight eating into my skin). Not here, not at the abode of highest peace, although