IndiaDivine.org

SRI SATHYA SAI SATHCHARITHRA BY SASTRY...2.7.2007

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

SRI SATHYA SAI SATHCHARITHRA. EXPERIENCE BY JANDHYALA VENKATESWARA SASTRY. ---------- On 29th June 1963 Bhagavan Sai Baba suffered a stroke due to thrombosis and the let side of Hiss body was paralysed. Hundred of devotees who had assembled in Prashanthi Nilayam were agonised on seeing the suffering of the Master. During that week, Swami was in coma for three days. He survived four heart attacks. Disconsolate devotees could do nothing but shed bitter tears in utter heplnessness. After full week, on the Guru Poornima day, 6th July Bhagavan was very carefully brought down from his upper floor apartment to the Bhajan Hall on the ground floor in the arms of Sri Kasturi, Sri Raja Reddy and Sri Krishnappa. It was obviously difficult so seat Baba as usual in his throne on the elevated dais. So, the silver throne was brought down and placed on the ground close to the dais. Soft cushions were position so as to avoid discomfort to Baba, and He was slowly eased into it. Baba’s left hand was stiff. The left leg was equally out of control. His eyes too were unclear. On finding their beloved Lord in that terrible

state of suffering, the devotees began to wail loudly. Then Swami whispered to Sri Kasturi in barely intelgible words. “This illness is not Mine.On My own Volition, I have taken over this illness on Myself. No disease can ever assail Me. Let no body worry. I cannot bear, if My devotees suffer. Sri Kasturi used the microphone to announce Baba’s words to the gathering. Swami gestured for water to drink. When a tumbler of water was held to His lips, He could not hold it properly and the fingers of His right hand slipped into the water. With those fingers He sprinkled a little water on the limp left hand and the left leg. He gently stroked His left hand with His right hand and in a few moments stroked His leg with

hands. The astonished assembly of devotees, now delirious with joy and ecstasy, realized that Swami had cured Himself. They heard Him addressing them in the microphone, “Prama Swaroopulara” ( Oh Emdoidment of love)! He began delivering His customary address on the auspicious day of the Guru Poornima! Swami spoke for an hour regaling the audience with His characteristic eloquence, lucidity and exquisite humour. He related the eight-day suffering of Rishi Bharadwaja, at the end of which Lord Siva made him whole by sprinkling holy water on his paralysed limbs Swami recalled Lords promise that He and His consort would incarnate on the earth as Siva-Sakti, that Sakti (represented by the left side of the body) would suffer for eight days, at the end of which Lord Siva (the right side of the body) would restore Her to health by sprinkling holy water. In ringing tones Swami declared “ I am Siva-Sakthi” born in the gothram of rishi Bharadwaja” by virtue of the boon conferred on him by Lord Siva and Goddess Sakthi in the Tretha Yuga. Jai Sai Ram (Sharing With Sai Love) This is true story of Bhagavan from Excerpt from "Tapovanam" (Sacred life story of Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba.) Ram ChuganiKobe, Japanrgcjp

Got a little couch potato?

Check out fun summer activities for kids.