IndiaDivine.org

FOUR CHAPTERS ON BABA BY DASGANU MAHARAJ

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Chapter 32 Shri Ganeshayanamah. Oh Lord of the Universe. You are idol of bliss. You are merciful, radiant and formless, but you do exist in all forms. Such is your incomprehensible nature. I cannot understand it oh, my Mother. The Vedas, even, say, "Neither this nor that." The sons of knowledge like Bhrugu, Parashar and Vashishta could not explain your nature. I am just like a glow-worm in their comparison. Whatever may be the case, Oh Lord, please listen to my earnest prayers and enter my body and write this book. Nanasaheb Chandorkar and Nimonkar, both Sai devotees, once went to Shirdi for Baba's darshan. Nanasaheb fell at Baba's feet and said: "O Sai Maharaj, I am sick and tired of this mundane life. The Shastras say that this world of ours is meaningless, an illusion. Help me. O brother of the helpless, to break the fetters that bind me to this mundane life, the more one looks for happiness in this world, the less one finds it. Misery seems to be man's lot. Wretched hope that springs eternally in us sends us from place to place.. I am sick and tired of it. I do not want to get involved in it." Baba laughed at this and said:" Where do you get these crazy ideas from, Nana? You really are a simpleton. What you said about mundane life is true but you can not escape it as long as the body exists. Nobody can escape it, not even I". Our mundane life affects the body in various ways," continued Sai Maharaj. "Desire, envy, avarice, pride, hatred and

anger are part of our mundane life; so are the senses of sight, hearing and taste. So indeed are our imagination and our bodily needs. They are all inextricably mixed: they are like a mixture the component parts of which are inseparable, like a knot that nobody can untie. People say that one's wife and progeny are also of one's mundane life. You too believe so and find it difficult to get on with them. What with one's wife and children and other relatives like brothers, nephews etc, life is full of problems but you cannot get rid of these." Nana said, "My previous lives were evidently ordained by the Lord but my concern is with my present one. I do not want any more of it bedeviled, as it is by too many problems, too many woes. Help me to rid myself of this." Baba laughed at these words of Nanasaheb and said. "You are responsible for this life as well. You are the one who caused it. Now, then, can you get rid of it? This body of yours is the fruit of the accumulated karma of the past. Karma is the root cause of all our miseries. All those that are born - whether men, birds or beasts -suffer from the effects of their previous karma. Unless

one bums down the effects of one's previous karma, one cannot be rid of the body. All people, rich and poor, and married ones, sanyasins and vanaprasthas exist because of the life force running through them; so do different kinds of animals like horses, bulls, jackals, tigers, rhinos, hyenas, dogs, pigs, scorpions, snakes, ants, fleas and kites. The same life force runs through all of them. Why, then, do these entities look different? Did you ever ponder this, Nana? If you do you will realize that the reason lies in their past karma. To Be continued……. Sairam baba guide us all Manisha

Don't get soaked. Take a quick peek at the forecast with the Search weather shortcut.