IndiaDivine.org

Sai Satcharitra - Ovi to Ovi english Translation - Chp-1

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

81. As one looks at Baba’s eyes, one forgets one’s self. Waves of love swell from within and the whole world is drowned in the raptures of devotion. 82. Action, religion, scriptures, ‘puranas’, yoga, sacrifices, performance of prescribed religious ceremonies, pilgrimage to holy places and acts of penance – all these are at Sai’s feet for me. 83. Continuous observance of the teachings of the Guru, and firm adherence to them brings unshakable faith and unwavering stability. 84. It is due to the outcome of my past deeds that my attachment to Sai has increased and I began to experience his inconceivable power. How can I adequately describe it? 85. That power which creates devotion and attachment to Sai’s feet, also leads to detachment while participating in worldly life and gives great bliss. 86. Different ways of devotion have been described by various

people. I will speak briefly of its nature and characteristics during the course of the narration according to my aptitude. 87. To realise the harmonious connection with the Inner Self is the foremost form of devotion, say those who are learned in the Vedas and the Shastras, and the knowledgeable spiritual guides. 88. Puja and Archana for the love of God are the ways to express devotion, as preached by Parashar45 and Vyasa46. That is also another form of worship. 89. For the sake of the Guru, collect flowers such as the Parijat and others, from the garden, sweep the courtyard of the Guru’s abode and sprinkle water and smear it with the wash of cowdung. 90. At the outset, bathe and chant the morning

mantras; make fragrant paste and annoint the Gurudev with sandalwood, bathe him with the fine nectarial substances (milk, honey, ghee, curd and sugar), burn incense and light the lamp. Devotees can read this book from the Book Section of http://www.saileela s.org/books/ sss/index. htm

Here’s a new way to find what you're looking for - Answers