IndiaDivine.org

WONDERFUL KRISHNA

Rate this topic

Guest guest

WONDERFUL KRISHNA After lifting Goverdhan hill on his forefinger along, everybody became very much impressed with Krishna, thinking that he is not an ordinary seven year old boy. People were doubtful thinking how could a seven year old boy lift a huge hill and why did Nandji have such a special boy? The people all gathered together and went to Nandji's house to ask him. One old man said," You have a doubt today, but I have had a doubt since Krishna's birth. Nand and Yashoda both are white, how come their son Krishna is black? We nust call Nandji and ask him." Nandji replied, "At the time of the name ceremony, the Gargacharya said that, this child has every quality of Lord Vishnu. You should not have any doubts. Yashoda heard what Gargacharya said and asked Krishna, "Whom do you belong to? Krishna replied," I belong to you; I am yours." Yashodaji replied,

"These people are doubtful your father and mother are white and you are black." Krishna replied, Mother at the time of my birth I was white, but you did mistake of keeping the lantern off, I was kept in the dark till the next morning, while all the people in the house were sleeping, I stayed the whole night in the dark that's why I am dark." Yashodaji believed Krishna's story. She replied,"I was awake upto 12O' clock night but after that I switched off the lantern and slept. I remember the lights switched off, what happened afterwards I don't know." kind Yashodaji thought to herself, I made a mistake. I should have left the lantern on that night. When the people heard all the statements of Gargacharya through Nand Maharaj, instead of having any doubts about young Krishna, their doubts were cleared. They began to appreciate the wonderful activities of Krishna and became very jubilant and satisfied. Then one of the cowherd men said,

Krishna protected us when Lord Indra sent torrents of rain accompanied by showers of ice blocks and high winds, Krishna saved us, Krishna is truly wonderful; we all feel so much love for him." They all lived under the protection of merciful Lord Krishna: Shri Krishna Shernam, mams. Other theories as to why Lord Krishna's skin is dark are:- Saint Eknath says; "The human heart is black, because of poison in the heart is black and when you worship Lord Krishna he absorbs the black poison and makes your heat pure, that's why Lord Krishna is black. The Gopies say Lord Krishna lives in our eyes and we apply black mesh inside our eyes. The black outline of our eyes is absorbed by Lord Krishna and this makes his skin black. Krishna

replied to Radha, 'I was white but to increase your beauty I become black". Duryodhan during peace mission asked; Nandbaba and Yashoda are white, then how come you are black. Krishna replied : I am your death warrant that is why I am black." Jai Shri Krishna Abridged from Bhagwad Gita Stories

Do you get hundreds of mails everyday? Delete none. Keep them all.