IndiaDivine.org

Wonderful Incident

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Once a Person asked Swami the Difference between Namakam and Chamakam in the Rudram. The Answer was : “The chamakam part of chanting of Veda helps in the fulfillment of your desires. So all mantras of this chamakam part end with these two letters: chame..chame...chame…chame. Chame means ‘I want that’. Therefore chamakam is the submission of desires. And you get them fulfilled.The other part is namakam. What is namakam? The namakam part of this rudram is surrender to God. Here there are two letters: na + ma: ma - mine, na – not; so, ‘not mine – everything is Yours.’ So, it means submission to God, surrender to God. “Nothing is mine and everything is Yours” is nama-namakam. I hope I am clear. Therefore, that is namakam and chamakam. The interesting thing is that in namakam, the first letter is na, while in chamakam, the second

letter is ma. Nama meaning ‘egolessness, not mine’.” The Above answer was given by a 8th Class Primary School Student. Swami then said " Learning has no age and No Bar, when you are sincere, you can learn anything and everything " Om Sai Ram Source : www.saiwisdom.com

Did you know? You can CHAT without downloading messenger. Click here