IndiaDivine.org

Thus Spake The Lord

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Thus Spake The Lord

Life sustained by food is short; life sustained by the Divine Spirit is eternal. Do not lay claim to long life, but to Divine life. Do not pine for more years on earth, but for more virtues in the heart.

The Buddha knew and made known to the world the truths: Everything is grief. Everything is empty. Everything is brief. Everything is polluted. So the wise man has to do the duties cast upon him with discrimination, diligence and detachment. Play the role, but keep your identity unaffected. Have your head in the forest ashram (retreat), unaffected by the aimlessly rushing world. But it is your duty, a duty you cannot escape, to fully engage yourself in your work, unconcerned with loss or gain, failure or success, slander or praise. The Gita instills this very lesson in you: "Whoever does devotional worship with no thought other than Me, him I shall have with Me; I shall bear his burden now and forever."

Reference: Sathya Sai Speaks; Vol. XIII, P. 114.