IndiaDivine.org

The Glory of Shirdi Sai - Issue 07-2007 from Saidarbar.

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI Fifth Year of Publication Published as Bi-Weekly Issue 07/2007 29-03-2007 You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent ------------------- GURUR-BRAHMA, GURUR-VISHNUH; GURU-DEVO MAHESWARAHA; GURUR-SAKSHATH PARAM BRAHMA; THASMAI SREE GURAVE NAMAHA: Sairam. You can watch Live Web casting from Shirdi Sai Samadhi Mandir from following Link: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/onlinedarshan.asp THIS ISSUE CONTAINS: 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM TIME MACHINE 3. SAI IN DREAMS 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY 5. SANATANA DHARMA & SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN 8. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES 9. LETTERS FROM SAI DEVOTEES 10. TELUGU SECTION 11. SAI'S BOOK WORLD 12. EDITORIAL. ------------------------------- 1. FROM THE SATSANGHS OF SAIBANISA JI http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500055.htm Compiled by: Sai Sevak Smt. Rajeswari Kasturi, Saidarbar – Hyderabad. TRUTH With perfect detachment a slightly new twist may be give even to truth in modern exigencies. Truth is the first definition of God. There is no reality greater than truth. Truth and penance purify the mind as nothing else can. With the mind cleansed, control of the senses becomes comfortable and the revelation of the Brahman inside follows as a matter of course. We do not harm others by our untruth as much as we do ourselves. By appearing to the outside world what

we really are not inside, we only cause the most serious loss to our own spiritual up lift. If we make truth our life principle and follow it steadfastly, it irons out many oddities in our character. For instance, suppose a person commits adultery. He is afraid of confessing it in public or before his wife. But if he is most resolutely wedded to truth, he never allows himself to become guilty of that sin at any time for fear that he will have to tell a lie about it in future. Like this, sticking to truth unswervingly, he can cure himself of anger, greed, jealousy, etc. with the eradication of all such frailities, the human

rises to the level of the divine, which again is infinitely superior to all the material advantages that accrue to him by leading a life of falsehood. But inspite of all this, it has unfortunately become the irony of the modern times, that truth is proving suicidal to the person adopting it as an article of faith in his life. A strict adherent to truth is thrown out of the picture very often, in business, politics, society and power. In such extreme cases, and that too as a very rare concession to the treacherous conditions in which he is obliged to live, a by pass to truth may be permitted. That is, he may then utter as

little untruth as is absolutely necessary, with the detachment of a paid executioner towards the victim, but that mental discipline is perhaps more difficult to acquire than desisting from falsehood. Om Shantih Shantih Shantihi Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu To be continued… --------------- 2. SAI'S NEWS FROM THE TIME MACHINE: March 1917- (Holi). Baba appeared to Hemadripanth in dream and said that he would come for meals that day and finally he arrived in the form of a picture. March 1988- Swami Ram Baba a noted devotee associated with Baba left his mortal coil at Bombay. ----------------- 3. SAI IN DREAMS: http://www.ettitudemedia.com These are the dream sequences and messages as received by SaiBaNiSaji From our beloved GURU LORD SAINATH OF SHIRIDI. In Anticipation that this feature will help in one's spiritual growth are hereby compiled from his personal Diary and presented to SAIBANDHUS. Translated and presented by RAGHU RAMAN SATULURY. 25-01-1995 I prayed Baba to grant me with the energies

to be on the right path always. Sai had shown the following visual: The people imprison the goddess of the Truth and wisdom. Break the shackles and work for their freedom with tactful intelligence. Exercise restraint in exhibiting charity. Even wife need not be informed. Then only the inner strength grows. Observe selectivity in all other matters of charities except in feeding the hungry. Be truthful and realistic in charities. 30-01-1995 I was feeling inferior and disappointed, as I was not able to speak in better language during Satsanghs. Sai appeared in the form of an unknown person and said- A man dresses up

well and applies all sorts of perfumes before he steps out to satiate his sensual pleasures. Whereas devotion is mainly linked with the heart. We cannot decorate the heart for the purpose, but the heart can be synchronized with the time and situation to experience the underlying bliss. Devotion thus helps in bridging the gap between the soul and the God. Here there is no language barrier involved. A hungry person needs food and the sick one needs medicine, so also devotion needs the proper bent of mind. Content is more important than the language. To be continued….. ---- 4. QUINTESSENCE OF SRI SAIBABA'S PHILOSOPHY: (By Late Sri Bharam UmamaheswaraRao) "Shashi": shashi_31 28. What is Jnana & Ajnana (Nescience) Without spiritual knowledge (jnana), ignorance (ajnana) cannot be banished. True spiritual knowledge is that which cleanses and purifies the inner feeling, restrains futile thoughts, not giving rise to sensual longings, not

yielding to the cravings, bestowing the ability to discriminate between the appropriate and inappropriate actions, unruffled by sensations, fear and sorry, unperturbed by allegations or humiliations, unaffected by calamitous forces of lust and anger. Jnana gives rise to awakening of Sama (forbearance) and Dama (self control) capable of resting one in Samadhi, during meditation, exalting the consciousness to a unified image and deriving joy from it and renders the mind disinterested in objects. Jnana is that which develops interest in the practice of yoga, that which restrains one from indulging in pleasures and luxuries of the mundane world, restraining the sense of doer ship even while discharging the ordained duties and responsibilities, that which enables performance of the duties without egoism that which frees one from sorrows of birth and death and dispels the scourges of diseases and old age. Jnana induces an ardent and intense effort for breaking away from the bonds of cycles of birth/re-birth, makes one realize even during one’s youth the qualities of old age, enables one to realize that this body would ultimately perish after reaching the old age. It confers the ability to perceive oneness of God, bestows the realization that the Supreme Being signifies the assertion the One and the only One without the Second. Jnana confers the unswerving steadiness of mind. ‘Shradhavan Labhate Jnanam’ i.e. such a one who has Shraddha only gains knowledge. To be continued….. ----------------------------- 5. SANATANA DHARMA

& SHRI SHIRDI SAIBABA The unitive state cannot be attained Through words or thoughts or through the eye. How can it be attained except through one Who is established in this state himself? -Katha Upanishad Neither the sense of acting; nor actions, nor connections of cause and effect comes from the Lord of this world. These three arise from nature. -Bhagavad Gita 5:14 NEWS www.princeton.edu PRINCETON, NEW JERSEY, March 20, 2007: Princeton Hindu Satsangam and The Princeton University Office of Religious Life invites interested individuals to a discussion entitled "Peace or Perish - There is No Other Choice" with The Revered Dada J. P. Vaswani, world-renowned Hindu leader and humanitarian from Pune, India. Mr. Shashi Tharoor, Under-Secretary General, United Nations, will be a guest speaker. This important

discussion will be held Tuesday, April 10, 2007, at 7 p.m. in Richardson Auditorium in Alexander Hall, Princeton University. The Reverend Vaswani's new book, "Peace or Perish - There Is No Other Choice, Stepping Stones for Turbulent Times" will also be released at the evening's event. For directions, please visit URL above. --------- www.hindu.com DINDIGUL, TAMIL NADU, INDIA, March 25, 2007: The huge 10-day Panguni Uthiram festival will commence at the famed Palani Hills Murugan Temple with flag hoisting between 9:00 a.m. and 10:00 a.m. on March 26. The car procession will start from Padha Vinayagar Temple at Malai Adivaram at 4:00 pm on April 1. The temple administration has made elaborate arrangements for the festival. Cultural programs have been arranged at Kudamuzhukku Mandapam near Malai Adivaram during

the festival days. Lord Murugan will be taken in a procession on Giri Veedhis in the evening on all festival days. Eminent speakers will render religious discourses and artistes and carnatic vocalists will sing devotional songs; the emphasis will be on folk music. The cultural programs will commence at 5.30 p.m. and end at 10 p.m. and the Nadai of the hill temple will open at 4 a.m. during the festival period. ------------------- summer.rutgers.edu NEW JERSEY, USA, March 23, 20077: Perhaps for the first time in summer, Rutgers University is including four new credit courses under religion department about Hindu culture and religion: 1. Hinduism through its Narrative Tradition; 2. Hindu Rituals, Festivals and Symbols; 3. Hindu Philosophy; and 4. Hinduism and Modernity. In addition, Sanskrit, the ancient Indian classical language is also offered as a credit course. All these courses can be taken by anybody without any pre-requisites. For more info, please visit URL above. --------------- 6. DEVOTEES EXPERIENCES: vkv55 Wed, 14 Mar 2007 14:14:37 +0000 (GMT) Pranams at the Lotus Feet of Sainath- The Most Merciful and Loving Lord Shri Sainath's mercy cannot be expressed in words. Our whole family loves Sai and we have several pictures of Sai in our home. My wife almost every day reads the Sacharitra and she has been a recipient of His Grace on several occasions. I also completed a 7 day saptaha and am awaiting to receive Prasad from Shiridi. He knows us more than we know ourselves. Our residence in Chennai, is just a km from Mylapore Baba's temple. We always get that joy when we visit the temple and particularly, when we touch His Lotus Feet, our emotions sometimes goes un controlled. May Lord Sainath bring joy to all His Bhaktas and May He draw more and more to Him and protect them. Thanks for allowing me to speak about Sai. Humbly yours Vijayaraghavan v k Bahrain --------- parvati26 On 24 Mar 2007 04:58:31 -0000 I believe in Chamatkar of Sai Ram because it is comes true Both time when I worry and in problems I remembered to Sai Baba Sai Baba sabka dukh dekhte hai aur use kam karte hai. I Parul Sing belong in city Kanpur, I have visit the city Shirdi last year it is a holy place there Sai Baba seemed to me every place Om Sai Ram Parul Singh -------------------------------- 7. SAI WITH CHILDREN: http://www.saidarbar.org/HTML/portraits/7.jpgSmt. Madhu Gopal Ravada, Saidarbar, Hyderabad. Hello Children! I am Madhu aunty. Do you know Baba use to play with children and used to tell stories to them? I felt children visiting Saidarbar should be entertained with good stories. Now I want to tell the stories what heard in my child hood. Lord Krishna and the Lapwing's Nest It was the battle of Kurukshetra. The white conch shells were about to sound, the elephants to march forward, and the attack of the archers

to commence. The moment was brief and terrible. Banners were flying, and the charioteers preparing for the advance. Suddenly a little lapwing, who had built her nest in the turf of a hillock in the midst of the battlefield, drew the attention of the Lord Krishna by her cries of anxiety and distress for her young. "Poor little mother!" he said tenderly, "let this be thy protection!" And, lifting a great elephant-bell that had fallen near, he placed it over the lapwing's nest. And so, through the eighteen days of raging battle that followed, a

lapwing and her nestlings were kept in safety in their nest, by the mercy of the lord, even in the midst of the raging field of Kurukshetra. -------------- 8. ARTICLES FROM SAI DEVOTEES "raghammudi ramchandrakiran" ramchandrakiran Sat, 17 Mar 2007 03:01:20 +0000 (GMT) jeevan ke safar mein sai tera hi saharaa, jis par padey teri najar voh na kabhi haara bhar loon sai naam hriday mein mera hriday hai kora door bhagaa do hamaarey jeevan sey andhiyaara satcharit paarayan sey shraddha saburi milta sanshaya saarey door hotey manwaanchit phal paata meri icchhaen puri karo Baba tum par hi vishwaas karta teri leela itni niraali sabkey dukh tu harta. daata tu jagat ka jholi teri kabhi na hoti khali datta avatar maana kisi ney, kisi ney Maa kaali teen koti devon ka mool rup, hai tu jag ka

rakhwali teri kripa sey hi bhakto key jeevan mein hogi khushhaali. ------------ sudha_vohra Wed, 21 Mar 2007 17:06:42 +0530 BABA APPNE CHARNOON SE DOOR NA HUMKO KARNA YAHIN PER JINA HAI HUMKO YAHIN PER HUMKO

MARNA PAAR KAROGE NAIYA YAHI AAS DILAYI HAI TUMNE BHATKE HUOAIN KO BABA RAH DIKHAI HAI TUMNE KIS BAT KA PHIR HUMKO DARNA BABA APPNE ...................... KIYA KIYA NAHIN SAHA BABA NE HUM LOGON KI KATIR JAGA DIYA GAHRI NEEND SE AAPNA AAP

MITAKAR AAB TO HUMKO HAI SANBHALNA BABA APPNE................... MAT DHUKRANA BABA HUM HAI BALAK TERE JABSE SAI NAAM JAPA HAI HO GAYE DOOR AANDHERE AAB TO UJALE KI OOR HAI BADNA BABA APPNE................... Sudha Vohra ---------------------- 9. LETTERS FROM SAIDEVOTEES: shankarpandhri 16 Mar 2007 11:32:49

-0000 Thanks for this mail I am so happy. I am very thank full to the Glory of Shirdi Sai – E magazine. -------- abhayananth On 19 Mar 2007 02:40:51 -0000 SaiRam I really love the section "Sai In Dreams". It contains amazing sayings, & each one of them has touched me deeply. Thanks for this amazing newsletter & magazine. Abhay Ananth ---------- yvhlnrao On 3/23/07 Jai Sairam Excellent site and greate issue, and I am browsing first time this time of 3D page turning format. I am very much thankful for sending “The Glory of Shirdi Sai" and it is very very nice and easily

understandable ThanQ very much Narasimharao ------------------- Response for “The Glory of Shirdi Sai” E- Magazine in the 3d page turning NEW FORMAT achla_durga On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 02:12:36 40500 Jai Sai Ram, The inclusion of video clipping of Saibanisaji is very good. It would be great if discourses from Satsangs are added to e-magazine, so that we may also get some grace listening to the satsangs -------------- kalajaius Thu, 22 Mar 2007 19:50:34 -0700 (PDT) SaiRam Great. It was excellent. Enjoyed every bit. ----------------- pburhoo Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:07:41 40500 Om Sai Ram Very good e-magazine. Keep it up. May Baba blessings be with the mag team Premduth

Burhoo --------- diorshanti Fri, 23 Feb 2007 01:12:58 40500 Sairam, Really it is very good. In life I have some difficulties. I want to tell to Shri Sairam thro' letter. Kindly help me how to send him my queries. Pl help me in this regard. Shanthi -------------- melavanki Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:22:36 40500 SaiRam! Good work. Keep it up. Jinendra. -------- prakash.vram Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:21:17 40500 It is a wonderful experience reading about Shri Shri Sai Ram. You are doing an excellent job. Keep it up. How enchanting would it be to hear the prayers of Shri Sai Ram while reading these articles!. Kindly consider inclusion of audio section in this work of yours. V.PRAKASH. --------- monav Fri, 23 Feb 2007 02:37:22 40500 Dear Saibandhus We are very glad that Baba has enlightened our lives and has manifested so many times by his various appearances through photos either when thinking of him or looking for solace and thanks to his directions , our work has progressed very well. Navind &

Monika. ----------- angaras2002 Fri, 23 Feb 2007 08:46:42 40500 SaiRam This E-magazine in its new format is excellent. It gives the readers the convenience of flipping through the

magazine easily. I thank Sai Sevaks in Sai Durbar for their efforts in bringing the Glory of Sri Sai to the devotees all over the world. -Sai Sevak -Venkata Subrahmanyam Angara ------------------ kalaivanni_99 Fri, 23 Feb 2007 12:41:20 40500 .It is very nice. All the best for further proceedings. R. Kalaivani --------------- shanthacv Fri, 23 Feb 2007 19:24:56 40500 Sairam Excellent. C V Ramanathan --------- saidinakaran Sat, 24 Feb 2007 07:15:44 40500 your method of displaying our Sai's heart and his life is very appreciable, may god bless showers his blessings to elevate your creation like this. with love Dinakaran --------- bbliss47 Sat, 24 Feb 2007 23:02:54 40500 It is very nice of you all to do this. Thanks. May Sai bless us all. cheers Easwaran --------- You can read this E- Magazine in 3d page turning NEW FORMAT in web page http://ettitudemedia.com/loadbook.php?BookName=EMagazineCurrent 10. TELUGU SECTION: Please visit: http://www.telugubhakti.com/telugupages/Misc/ShiridiSai/shirdisai.htm Please visit for Sai Aartis in Telugu: http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/PDFS/pdfs.htm Please visit for Sai Aaratis Audio: http://www.shrisaibabasansthan.org/main_English/saibaba/saibaba_aarti.asp ------------------------------- FOR STARTING A SAIDARBAR CHAPTER OUT SIDE INDIA: Please contact: saidarbar & saidarbar ----------------------------- 11. SAI'S BOOK WORLD: Sai Baba of Shirdi Author: B. K. Chaturvedi Diamond Pocket Books X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II, New Delhi - 110 020 --------------- The Eternal Sai Author: S. Maneey Diamond Pocket Books X-30 Okhla Industrial Area, Phase –II, New Delhi-110 020 ---------------- Shubhra Marga Shirdi Sai Baba Author: Sai Ananda Shirdi Sai Baba Satsang KBRS Building,Kamaraj Road Bangalore – 560 042 -------------------- Please Note: Those desirous of using this facility (Sai's Book World) to spread the word about their books may send ONE new copy of the book to Saidarbar, for details contact: saidarbar Acknowledgement of receipt of books will be done by E-mail only. Book(s) sent to Saidarbar will be retained by Saidarbar and cannot be returned. -------- SAIDARBAR – HYDERABAD: http://www.angelfire.com/celeb2/saidarbar/pages/S3500041.htm Saidarbar members would like to convey hearty thanks to the websites which has uploaded Saibanisa’s discourses Audio C.Ds in http://www.omsrisai.net You can download Audio: Sri Sai Satcharithra (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra by chapters (In English Language) Sri Sai Satcharithra (In Telugu Language) Sai Satcharithra by chapters (In Telugu Language) Sri Guru Charithra (In English

Language) Sri Guru Charithra by chapters (In English Language) Request Sri Sai Satcharithra CD (English and Telugu Language Available) Saibanisa’s discourses (Telugu) From http://www.saiaudio.com/sairam/index.htm --------------------- 12. EDITORIAL. Things impressed me from this magazine: We do not harm others by our untruth as much as we do ourselves. If we make truth our life principle and follow it steadfastly, it irons out many oddities in our character. Sai devotees may write about their Sai activities in their place, essays, articles and poetry on Sai to "The Glory of

Shirdi Sai" – they may be address their contributions to E-mail id: saidarbar with a copy marked to webmaster We shall put in our best efforts to include them in the Glory of Shirdi Sai- the bi-weekly E -Magazine. Unless the author of the articles instructs, not to publish his/her E-mail id, we will publish them as a matter of routine practice. You can for THE GLORY OF SHIRDI SAI for a friend /relative by submitting e-mail ID in the main page of http://www.saidarbar.org Also read the old issues from: http://www.saidarbar.org/glory.htm If you are subscribing this E-magazine for your friend or a relative, we request that the person concerned may be notified about receiving the same. Editor does not accept responsibility for the views expressed in the articles published. This e-magazine is intended for Private circulation

only. Submitted by Sai Sevak: Srinivasa Rao Kasturi Saidarbar—HYDERABAD--INDIA P.S. In case you do not like to receive "The Glory of Shirdi Sai ", Kindly reply UNSUBSCRIBE for our necessary action. ------------

8:00? 8:25? 8:40? Find a flick in no time with the Search movie showtime shortcut.