IndiaDivine.org

eChat Of The Week: Receive by Giving

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

Dear Sai Devotees, In this week's eChat, we will read a story about giving and receiving...... --------------------------- The king's chariot was passing by a poor neighborhood when a local beggar noticed the king and ran towards his chariot hoping to plead with the king and receive expensive items. The king was known to be very compassionate towards the poor. Pushing the folks aside, the beggar ran near the chariot shouting praises of the king and the royal family. The chariot stopped and the king asked the beggar to approach the chariot. "Who are you?" asked the king. "One of the most unfortunate of

your subjects," said the beggar, "poverty sits on my doorstep and follows me around like a dog. I haven't eaten since yesterday afternoon!Do you have nothing for your king except for a sorry story? I want you to give me something! " said the king putting his hand out. The beggar, astonished, carefully picked up 5 grains of rice from his half-full bowl and put them on the king's outstretched palm. The king drove away. The beggar's disappointment was great. He cursed the king again and again for his miserliness. When he returned to his hut in the evening he found the king's knights waiting for him. The knights handed the beggar a small bag containing 5 gold coins. "It is not the king who has been miserly," thought the beggar. "If I had been generous and given him all the rice, I would have been a rich man today." ---------- "What do I do with the money I ask as Dakshina? I give it back ten times more!" said Sadguru Sai. OM SAI RAM

TV dinner still cooling?Check out "Tonight's Picks" on TV.