IndiaDivine.org

From Puttaparthi... From Hungary with Love

Rate this topic

Guest guest

About 180 eager and devoted Hungarians made their pilgrimage to Prasanthi Nilayam. Mr. Laszlo Daloki, aged 46 said, "No day passed without some haggling between me and my parents. I used to run away from home trying to find space to hide. My father was an aggressive person and would not mind even hurting me physically."

"I underwent many surgeries. During one of the operations, the doctor made a mistake, and cut the nerves to both the hearing organs. I became completely deaf. This was in 1991. I was so depressed and mad with myself that I wanted to commit suicide. I lost all my friends. Nothing interested me in life, and I felt I was useless. I became very aggressive and disrupted whatever little harmony prevailed at home."

"I had no friends whom I could go to for help. It was a moment of great trial and frustration, and I thought there has to be some meaning to what I was going through. I wanted to know why my destiny was so cruel, and started to question everything about my life."

"I went to a counselor who said that it is important for me to identify the root cause of the problem, and also suggested I go to a Sathya Sai Baba centre! I also heard that a group from Hungary had gone on pilgrimage to see Sai Baba, and that their lives improved considerably after receiving His Blessings."

"There was another group that was preparing to go to Prasanthi on January 3, 2006. Somehow, I managed to find a job which gave me enough money to pay for the ticket, and so I joined that group. This was how I came to see Baba for the 1st time."

"During that trip, the Hungarian group had an interview with Swami in the Bhajan Hall, and I had the blessed chance to sit in the front row, almost beside Him. Swami asked me my name and I told Him; then He held my hand and created Vibhuti. After pouring the sacred creation into my hand, he communicated to me that I should put the Vibhuti in each of my ears for a few days, and that everything would be alright!!!"

"He was speaking with me through a translator who spoke loudly! I could not hear Sai Baba's voice due to my deafness, but as the translation went on, I could feel what Swami was saying.

And after that night, something incredible happened. The next morning, I woke up and cleaned out the Vibhuti in my ears to put in the hearing aids, which I used to wear even though they did not help me much. I turned them on and placed them in my ears, and then immediately I had to take them off! The sounds were too loud! I then turned down the volume, but later I took them out, and to my amazement I could hear everything clearly!!!"

"After I returned home that year, my life took a U-turn. Everything around me became better, be it my family life, relationships with people or my financial position. My whole experience of my life was enhanced. The doctors, who performed the failed operation, had told me I could not possibly hear again, as the damage was too much to repair.

When people asked me how I got my hearing back, I told them God gave it back, and narrated my experience with Sai Baba. My 1st doctor believed me, but as a professor of medicine, he was unable to understand or explain the incident. Some doctors wanted to examine and investigate the vibhuthi thinking it was a new medicinal cure! (See photos)

Ref: Radiosai journals

GET INSPIRED: There are 3 types of devotion:

Like a bird swooping down upon the ripe fruit on the tree, the devotee is too impatient and by the very impatience he exhibits, he loses the fruit, which falls from his hold;

Like a monkey which pulls towards it one fruit after another and by sheer unsteadiness is not able to decide which fruit it wants, the devotee too hesitates and changes his aim much too often and thus loses all chances of success;

And the 3rd …like the ant which slowly but steadily proceeds towards the sweetness, the devotee also moves direct, with undivided attention towards the Lord and wins His Grace! - SWAMI