IndiaDivine.org

Sai Satcharitra - Ovi to Ovi english Translation - Chp-III

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Guest guest

166. Please understand that there are eight ways17 of worshipping God, by doing pujas of images, sacrificial fire etc. But compared to everything the Guru is the best. 167. Krishna himself was the Supreme Brahman. Yet He bowed at Sandipani’s feet, and said: “Remembrance of the Sadguru is the surest way to please ME, who is Narayana. 168. Singing the praises of

the Sadguru rather than MY praises is dearer to me a thousand fold. Such is the excellence and the profound significance of the Sadguru”. 169. He who turns his back on the praise of the Guru is an unfortunate sinner. He endures the painful cycle of births and deaths and becomes the cause of his own ruin. 170. Birth and death, follow one after the other. This is an endless Circle. Hence let us listen to these tales to achieve our own deliverance. 171. Even casual words uttered by the saints break the bonds of false knowledge and save us in times of calamities. So let us all assimilate these stories. 172. We do not know what the future will be and what help they would give (at such moments). This is the play of the almighty. The loving devotee is just a spectator. 173. Being without any intelligence or wisdom, how would I explain the good fortune befalling me that I should have a powerful Guru like Sai? This is also his leela. 174. I have already narrated the purpose of this book and the assurance given to me (by Baba). Due to Him, the direction was received of the distinction of You and I, and of worship. 175. Now, you listeners will be listening, in the next Chapter, to an account of how Samartha Sainath appeared in

Shirdi. 176. All of you, young and old, simple and believing, spare a few moments from your worldly life and listen to this unique story of Sai. 177. Though Sai is himself an incarnation, he, remaining unaffected, enacts various roles just

like a householder engrossed in his daily life; and, acts according to the dictates of Maya. 178. “Samartha Sai”! With this ‘mantra’, for those who serve at his holy feet, he moves the strings for the deliverance of his devotees from worldly existence. Sacred is his life story. 179. In brief, holy is the story of Sai. The hearts will be purified of those who recite and those who listen. 180. Listening to the stories with love will dispel all worldly afflictions. Sai, the cloud of mercy, will shower grace; and, complete and pure knowledge will appear. http://www.saileelas.org/books/sss/index.htm

Office firewalls, cyber cafes, college labs, don't allow you to download CHAT? Here's a solution!