IndiaDivine.org

Greetings from Sarah UK

Rate this topic

Guest guest

Light and Love

Enjoy Sarah's and others devotees from Shrewsbury (UK ) forever sincere devotion to Swami through studies and deeds. It is a bright example that the practice Cosmic Christ's (Swami's) teachings is in action in many, many different places over the world.

Namaste - Reet

- sarah

Reet

Friday, November 14, 2008 5:20 AM

Greetings from Sarah UK

Sai Ram Reet

I thought you might like to share in our group newsletter here in Shrewsbury UK I've just sent out ... its such a special time. I'll send the others as they happen and the one from the Akhand Bhajan. Lots of love and blessings. Sarah

SAI VEDAM (Lotus)

November 2008

83rd Birthday

SPECIAL – PART I

Spiritual Wing, Shrewsbury Sai Group, Region 4, SSSSO, UK

(SSSSO - Sri Sathya Sai Service Organisation)

Lotus flowers as they open, draw us into stillness, remind us to meditate, lead us into the unfolding moment, increase clarity, deepen devotion and open the heart chakra.

Sai Vedam Lotus speaks from the stillness of the lotus pond. Stillness, silence and solitude come naturally beside ponds and lakes. Still waters running deep and deep waters not running at all. Future issues of Sai Vedam (Lotus) will be lotus petals for quiet moments, quiet days, retreats and pilgrimages.

ANNOUNCEMENT

There will be a special celebration called 'Sahasra Poorna Chandra Darshana Santhi Mahotsavam'

This sacred programme which is being conducted mainly for the well being of Mankind and for world peace, commences on the morning of Saturday, 15th November 2008 and culminates in Poornahuti on 17th November 2008. The programme will be conducted by hundreds of Vedic scholars arriving from various parts of India. This is a unique and auspicious event. Devotees of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba should use this opportunity to sanctify their lives by coming to Prasanthi Nilayam and have Darshan of our beloved Bhagawan and receive His blessings.

Jai Sai Ram. Lovingly in the service of Sai, Dr. Narendranath Reddy, , Sri Sathya Sai World Foundation

Definition: Purnahuti means "complete offering". The offering of the Purnahuti marks the completion of the homa (ritual).

Announcements coming in this week

As a prelude, talks on the sacred scripture, Srimad Bhagavatam, will commence on 10th November 2008 and be conducted for a week…

Now starts the Bhagawatha Parayanam from today and then the Sahasra Yagnam. Memorable and Divine Days ahead. 10.11.2008

BHAGAVATA PURANA

Introduction

After compiling the Vedic literature, Puranas, etc., Vyasadeva still had a feeling of unfulfillment and dissatisfaction. Narada Muni then went to Vyasadeva and instructed him to write Srimad Bhagavatam. It is considered the most important Purana of the Vedic literature as it describes the various incarnations of Lord Vishnu and gives a very detailed account of Lord Krishna's life. It is divided into twelve chapters and has 18,000 verses.

After writing the Bhagavatam, also known as Bhagavata Purana, Vyasa imparted the knowledge of Bhagvatam to his son Suka Bramha rishi. Sukabrahma rishi subsequently recited the entire Bhagavatam to Maharaja Parikshit in an assembly of learned saints. Maharaja Parikshit was the emperor of the world and was a great saintly king. He received the curse that he would die within a week. Hence he renounced his kingdom and retired to the bank of the Ganges to fast unto death and to receive spiritual enlightenment.

The Bhagavatam starts with Emperor Parikshit's asking Sukabrahma rishi to give him the knowledge of perfection, the right path and liberation. Sukabrahma rishi, in response narrated the Bhagavatam for the seven days - till the king's death. Several learned saints were present when it was narrated.

The sage Suka who was present in the assembly, later narrated the Bhagavatam to a gathering of sages of Sounagathi in the forest of Naimisaranya. Those sages then spread the wisdom of Bhagavatam to the rest.

According to Skanda Purana, Prabhasa Khanda (7.1.2.39-42), "Whoever makes a copy of the Bhagavatam and donates it, on a golden lion throne, on the full moon day in the month of Bhadra, will attain the supreme destination".

Introduction thanks to www.astrojyoti.com

Happy Note - GOLDEN LION

A pop-up of a golden lion cub this morning brought also the memory of a passing moment last night when they were talking on TV about a golden lion at Chester Zoo called Chandra. I noticed the moment but didn’t notice significance until now. SE

Hot off the Press (e-mail)

BHAGAVATHA SAPTAHAM

It is said that there is no rest in Prasanthi Nilayam at all for anyone. Even though the Grama Seva is coming to an end, yet another wonderful week has started with the Bhagavatha Saptaham. If the Ramayana Saptaham mesmerized everyone by its splendour, the Bhagavatha Saptaham is mesmerising everyone by its Grandeur.

The setting for everyday's Programme is Divine as the presiding deity of the event -"Lord Venugopala " with His consorts is decorated with diamonds and looking splendorous. The Purohits of the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam perform the nithya poojas. While the Pooja's go on in the mornings and evenings, there are the most wonderful speeches given by the learned Scholars and exponents of Bhagawatham.

The last 3 days has been a rain of nectar with stories from the Bhagawatha Purana. Even Though the speeches are in Telugu, each and everyone can feel the intensity and the beauty. Every single person present has been thrilled.

With Bhagawan sitting on the stage and giving wonderful Darshan, the whole event has the most wonderfully Spiritual atmosphere, which has to be seen to be believed.

Om Sai Ram

THE BHAGAVATHA

Introduction to the Bhagavatha Vahini

The name Bhagavatha can be applied to every account of the experiences of those who have contacted God and the Godly (Bhagavan and Bhaktha). God assumes many forms and enacts many activities. The name Bhagavatha is given to the descriptions of the experiences of those who have realised Him in those forms and of those who have been blessed by his Grace and chosen as his instruments. The great work, known by that name, is honoured by all masters of the Vedas. It is a panacea which cures physical, mental and spiritual illnesses. The Bhagavatha is saturated with sweetness of nectar; it shines with the splendour of God…

The Avatar or form incarnate is only the concretisation of the yearning of the seekers. It is the solidified sweetness of the devotion of godly aspirants. The formless assumes form for the sake of these aspirants and seekers. They are the prime cause …

BHAGAVATA VAHINI p209

THE TEN MARKS OF A PURANA

A question arose in Parikshith’s mind as he listened to the words. He gave utterance to it thus: “Master! You said that you will be relating a Purana to me. Therefore, I would like to hear more of the characteristics. That will make the listening happier and more beneficial.”

Suka made ready to answer this question, starting with the description of the ten marks of the Puranas. He said “Listen, O King! I have decided to relate to you the Bhagavatha Purana. It is saturated with answers for all the doubts that arise in your mind and all your questions. There is no Purana for higher than this.

FIRST MARK

Of its characteristics, the first one, namely is Sarga. I shall tell you what it means. When the three gunas or attributes – Sathwa, Rajas and Thamas –are in equilibrium, it is called Prakriti, the Primeval Substance, Moola. By the disturbances in the equilibrium, the dis-balance, the five elements are produced: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind and Sky. Also, the subtle attributes of these five: Smell, Taste, Form, Touch, and Sound, creating also as the subtle senses that can cognise each: the nose, the tongue, the eye, the skin and the ear. The mind and the ego too arise from the same principle. This process of Creation is what is meant by the expression: Sarga.

SECOND MARK

The second mark of a Purana is Visarga, that is to say, Sarga or Creation in a special sense. The proliferation into manifold varieties of beings through the interaction of various oddities and peculiarities in activity is what is described as Visarga. It is intimately associated with the All embracing Super-Person in whom the Universe is immanent.

THIRD MARK

Sthana is the third chief content of a Purana. Everything that is originated in the Universe must have some bounds, so that it may serve some purpose. The fixation of these limits and the processes by which the limits are honoured are all described in the section entitled Sthana, or state. A machine, for example has a key by which alone it can be started. It has also devices by which its work is regulated and stopped. Or else, it will be a source of danger to itself and its users. The establishment of such regulatory devices is the subject, comprised under Sthana.

FOURTH MARK

The next distinguishing mark of a Purana is the inclusion in it of a section on Poshana: Fostering, Guarding, Preservation from harm. To put the matter simply, all fostering, guidance and preservation are included in the one comprehensive subject of Divine Grace. The sapling that is planted has to be fostered with love and care, all Creation is thus fostered by the Grace of the Creator.

FIFTH MARK

The next is Manvanthara, the Chronology of Manu, which every Purana contains.

SIXTH MARK

Oothi is the next sign of the Purana. Oothi means, the consequence of the activity, its impact on one’s nature and career. The nature of each life is determined by the impact of the activities of the entity in previous lives. It is not assigned by a wayward God. God treats all alike; men forge their fates differently through their own waywardness and wilfulness. Oothi deals with this aspect.

SEVENTH MARK

Isanucharitha is another subject dealt with in the Puranas. It means, the glories of Isa or God and the manifold ways in which men have experienced the might and majesty, the sweetness and light, that the Glory represents.

EIGHTH MARK

Then we find in the Puranas, the lakshana or aspect dealing with Nirodha or Absorption. The absorbs within Himself all the Glory that He makes manifest; He then goes into the sleep of yoga, until the Divine impulse to manifest again disturbs the Divine Equipoise.

NINTH MARK

Mukthi is another subject all Puranas dilate upon. It means the liberation of man, from the bonds of Ignorance, Ajnana, which keep him encased. That is to say, man has to be liberated from the awareness that he is the body in which he is encased; he must be made aware that he is the Atma, the Soul, which is the Reality thus encased.

TENTH MARK

Asraya is the final aspect dealt with in Puranas. It means, the Help, the Support, the Prop. Without help, Liberation cannot be attained. The Absolute is the Prop for the Universe. The Absolute (Paramatma) from which all this has emanated, in which all this exists, into which all this merges is the prop for achieving Liberation. He who knows the Adhibhowthik, the Adhi-daivik and the Adhi-atma by that very knowledge, knows the Asraya or the Paramatma too.”

Parikshith interrupted the sage here, and pleaded, “Master! Tell me then, what the Adhi-bhowthik, the Adhi-daivik and the Adhi-atmik are.”

Suka was happy that the question was put; he prepared himself for answering it. “O King! I see a thing. That thing is Adhi-bhowtik. But, what exactly is seeing it? You may say, the eye sees it. Wherefrom does the eye get the capacity to see things? Think of that! The deity presiding over the eye is the Sun (Surya). He gives the eye the power of vision. Without the Sun, in the dark, the eye cannot see, isn’t it? The sun therefore is Adhi-daivik. But, there is one more basic factor in this process – the Jivi, the individual behind all the senses, behind the eye and the ear and the rest. The individual is the Atma, the Adhi-atma. The Atma, the Deity, the senses that bring knowledge of things, without these the process cannot continue. The Atma is the witness.”

“Now I have told you of the ten characteristics of the Bhagavatha and other Puranas…”

‘You cannot see Me, but I am the light you see by

You cannot hear Me, but I am the sound you hear by

You cannot know Me, but I am the truth you live by’

Bhagavan Sri Sathya Sai Baba

From ‘Finding Ishwara’

8 Days of Indwelling, 80 Keys of Recognition

This contemplation practice came when I was looking for something that would work on Mahasivarathri and other special occasions, when not in a position to sing all night. If you would like the whole 8 Day/Week/Hour practice, please let me know. Contact details at the end of this newsletter. SE

Day 8 – We Know Him

We know the One who leads us to the One. He says that we cannot understand or know Him however hard we try. We may not know Him but a knowing comes none-the-less. This knowing stems from recognising something or someone, or something about that someone or something. We recognise countless things about Him.

There are countless things written to do with the way we recognise Him. He leaves footprints that can only be His. He leaves a sense of His presence. He leaves evidence of His presence and fragrances.

He leaves every kind of imprint. He leaves symbols of His stamp, style and stature.

Even when unrecognisable things are attributed to Him, we still recognise Him.

He is the mountain with many faces. We climb those faces. We are climbers and He is the mountain. The mountain has moods. The mountain has easy paths and hard paths.

All paths do not lead up to the top of the mountain. They can lead us round and lead us down when we think we are going up.

Inexperienced or arrogant climbers can take themselves and others into danger. They do not have the right respect for the mountain.

He is the One who will lead the climber to the summit. They say the proof of the teacher is in whether or not they can take us all the way.

We come into knowing Him, who is all things to all people, for all time and beyond. Most of all He is of the beyond.

Beyond This is That. All the time He is showing us That rather than This. All the time He is asserting That rather than This. In order to do that, He has to create a This for Himself that makes the picture plain to see. He lives This and That for us to see the play of This and That for what it is. Most of us live This and wait for That … the time for waiting is over.

MEANING OF SEVEN DAY PARAYANAM

Tapovanam – Sri Sathya Sai Sathcharithra

Sacred Life Story of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba

Holy Book of Daily Recitation

“Santisri” Jandhyala Venkateswara Sastry p14

In all humility, I appeal to every devotee: invite Lord Sai into the temple of your mind; offer the flower of your heart at His Lotus Feet: let punya phalam, the fruit of your good deeds and merit acquired during past lives, be the offering (naivedyam) to Him. Wash His Divine Feet with your tears of love and pure joy. And may you attain salvation through parayanam of the holy book.

PROCEDURE FOR PARAYANAM

In Sanskrit ‘Par’ means ‘end’. Parayanam comprises devotional reading of a sacred book from beginning to end. The contents of the book are so ordered that it can be read through, in daily stages, in seven consecutive days…

Srimad Bhagavatam: Hamala Subramaniam

Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan

Phalashruti (Fruit of Scripture/end page)

‘Aum Namo Bhagavate Vaasudevaaya”

This mantra is enough to destroy all the many ills that visit man. Like the sun, which dispels darkness, like the breeze which scatters dense clouds which have gathered in abundance in the pure blue sky, this mantra dispels the sorrows and ignorance in the mind of man.

He who dwells on the stories of the Lord even for a moment, who relates the stories to others, who listens to the stories as often as he can, is assured of his Atman becoming cleansed, purified.

SPECIAL FOCUS NOVEMBER 2008

The Yagna of 1000 moons coming up this weekend – Special PARTS II, III

1000 Moons of the Sai Avatar. Personal note – I was woken this morning at 2am with the full moon light streaming through the skylight on the landing. The topography reminding us of the Sai image clear and striking. I stood there bathing in the moonlight for some minutes. I then bathed the Srimad Bhagavatha too, page by page. It was very elevating and illuminating. The clouds came over but left me bathed in this experience. These sacred things have the purpose of bathing us in the sacred. SE

1000 Moons – 1008 Names - see

www.saibaba.ws/prayers/1008names

‘Samastha Lokah Sukhino Bhavanthu'

“Let all the worlds be happy.”

SAI VEDAM

BHAGAVATHA

PARAYANAM

Shrewsbury

Sai Group

November 2008

Sarah Edwards

Group Chair

Email: stevesarah.nce

No virus found in this outgoing messageChecked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.100.056).http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

Light and Love

Enjoy Sarah's and a lot of others devotees from Shrewsbury (UK ) forever sincere devotion to Swami through studies and deeds. It is a bright example that the practice Cosmic Christ's (Swami's) teachings is in action in many, many different places over the world.

Namaste - Reet

- sarah

Reet

Greetings from Sarah UK

Sai Ram Reet

I thought you might like to share in our group newsletter here in Shrewsbury UK I've just sent out ... its such a special time. I'll send the others as they happen and the one from the Akhand Bhajan. Lots of love and blessings. Sarah

SAI VEDAM (Lotus)

November 2008

83rd Birthday

SPECIAL – PART I

Lotus flowers as they open, draw us into stillness, remind us to meditate, lead us into the unfolding moment, increase clarity, deepen devotion and open the heart chakra.

Sai Vedam Lotus speaks from the stillness of the lotus pond. Stillness, silence and solitude come naturally beside ponds and lakes. Still waters running deep and deep waters not running at all. Future issues of Sai Vedam (Lotus) will be lotus petals for quiet moments, quiet days, retreats and pilgrimages.

ANNOUNCEMENT

There will be a special celebration called 'Sahasra Poorna Chandra Darshana Santhi Mahotsavam'

This sacred programme which is being conducted mainly for the well being of Mankind and for world peace, commences on the morning of Saturday, 15th November 2008 and culminates in Poornahuti on 17th November 2008. The programme will be conducted by hundreds of Vedic scholars arriving from various parts of India. This is a unique and auspicious event. Devotees of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba should use this opportunity to sanctify their lives by coming to Prasanthi Nilayam and have Darshan of our beloved Bhagawan and receive His blessings.

Jai Sai Ram. Lovingly in the service of Sai, Dr. Narendranath Reddy, , Sri Sathya Sai World Foundation

Definition: Purnahuti means "complete offering". The offering of the Purnahuti marks the completion of the homa (ritual).

As a prelude, talks on the sacred scripture, Srimad Bhagavatam, will commence on 10th November 2008 and be conducted for a week…

Now starts the Bhagawatha Parayanam from today and then the Sahasra Yagnam. Memorable and Divine Days ahead. 10.11.2008

BHAGAVATA PURANA

Introduction

After compiling the Vedic literature, Puranas, etc., Vyasadeva still had a feeling of unfulfillment and dissatisfaction. Narada Muni then went to Vyasadeva and instructed him to write Srimad Bhagavatam. It is considered the most important Purana of the Vedic literature as it describes the various incarnations of Lord Vishnu and gives a very detailed account of Lord Krishna's life. It is divided into twelve chapters and has 18,000 verses.

After writing the Bhagavatam, also known as Bhagavata Purana, Vyasa imparted the knowledge of Bhagvatam to his son Suka Bramha rishi. Sukabrahma rishi subsequently recited the entire Bhagavatam to Maharaja Parikshit in an assembly of learned saints. Maharaja Parikshit was the emperor of the world and was a great saintly king. He received the curse that he would die within a week. Hence he renounced his kingdom and retired to the bank of the Ganges to fast unto death and to receive spiritual enlightenment.

The Bhagavatam starts with Emperor Parikshit's asking Sukabrahma rishi to give him the knowledge of perfection, the right path and liberation. Sukabrahma rishi, in response narrated the Bhagavatam for the seven days - till the king's death. Several learned saints were present when it was narrated.

The sage Suka who was present in the assembly, later narrated the Bhagavatam to a gathering of sages of Sounagathi in the forest of Naimisaranya. Those sages then spread the wisdom of Bhagavatam to the rest.

According to Skanda Purana, Prabhasa Khanda (7.1.2.39-42), "Whoever makes a copy of the Bhagavatam and donates it, on a golden lion throne, on the full moon day in the month of Bhadra, will attain the supreme destination".

Happy Note - GOLDEN LION

A pop-up of a golden lion cub this morning brought also the memory of a passing moment last night when they were talking on TV about a golden lion at Chester Zoo called Chandra. I noticed the moment but didn’t notice significance until now. SE

BHAGAVATHA SAPTAHAM

It is said that there is no rest in Prasanthi Nilayam at all for anyone. Even though the Grama Seva is coming to an end, yet another wonderful week has started with the Bhagavatha Saptaham. If the Ramayana Saptaham mesmerized everyone by its splendour, the Bhagavatha Saptaham is mesmerising everyone by its Grandeur.

The setting for everyday's Programme is Divine as the presiding deity of the event -"Lord Venugopala " with His consorts is decorated with diamonds and looking splendorous. The Purohits of the Tirumala Tirupathi Devasthanam perform the nithya poojas. While the Pooja's go on in the mornings and evenings, there are the most wonderful speeches given by the learned Scholars and exponents of Bhagawatham.

The last 3 days has been a rain of nectar with stories from the Bhagawatha Purana. Even Though the speeches are in Telugu, each and everyone can feel the intensity and the beauty. Every single person present has been thrilled.

With Bhagawan sitting on the stage and giving wonderful Darshan, the whole event has the most wonderfully Spiritual atmosphere, which has to be seen to be believed.

Om Sai Ram

THE BHAGAVATHA

The name Bhagavatha can be applied to every account of the experiences of those who have contacted God and the Godly (Bhagavan and Bhaktha). God assumes many forms and enacts many activities. The name Bhagavatha is given to the descriptions of the experiences of those who have realised Him in those forms and of those who have been blessed by his Grace and chosen as his instruments. The great work, known by that name, is honoured by all masters of the Vedas. It is a panacea which cures physical, mental and spiritual illnesses. The Bhagavatha is saturated with sweetness of nectar; it shines with the splendour of God…

The Avatar or form incarnate is only the concretisation of the yearning of the seekers. It is the solidified sweetness of the devotion of godly aspirants. The formless assumes form for the sake of these aspirants and seekers. They are the prime cause …

BHAGAVATA VAHINI p209

A question arose in Parikshith’s mind as he listened to the words. He gave utterance to it thus: “Master! You said that you will be relating a Purana to me. Therefore, I would like to hear more of the characteristics. That will make the listening happier and more beneficial.”

Suka made ready to answer this question, starting with the description of the ten marks of the Puranas. He said “Listen, O King! I have decided to relate to you the Bhagavatha Purana. It is saturated with answers for all the doubts that arise in your mind and all your questions. There is no Purana for higher than this.

FIRST MARK

Of its characteristics, the first one, namely is Sarga. I shall tell you what it means. When the three gunas or attributes – Sathwa, Rajas and Thamas –are in equilibrium, it is called Prakriti, the Primeval Substance, Moola. By the disturbances in the equilibrium, the dis-balance, the five elements are produced: Earth, Water, Fire, Wind and Sky. Also, the subtle attributes of these five: Smell, Taste, Form, Touch, and Sound, creating also as the subtle senses that can cognise each: the nose, the tongue, the eye, the skin and the ear. The mind and the ego too arise from the same principle. This process of Creation is what is meant by the expression: Sarga.

SECOND MARK

The second mark of a Purana is Visarga, that is to say, Sarga or Creation in a special sense. The proliferation into manifold varieties of beings through the interaction of various oddities and peculiarities in activity is what is described as Visarga. It is intimately associated with the All embracing Super-Person in whom the Universe is immanent.

THIRD MARK

Sthana is the third chief content of a Purana. Everything that is originated in the Universe must have some bounds, so that it may serve some purpose. The fixation of these limits and the processes by which the limits are honoured are all described in the section entitled Sthana, or state. A machine, for example has a key by which alone it can be started. It has also devices by which its work is regulated and stopped. Or else, it will be a source of danger to itself and its users. The establishment of such regulatory devices is the subject, comprised under Sthana.

FOURTH MARK

The next distinguishing mark of a Purana is the inclusion in it of a section on Poshana: Fostering, Guarding, Preservation from harm. To put the matter simply, all fostering, guidance and preservation are included in the one comprehensive subject of Divine Grace. The sapling that is planted has to be fostered with love and care, all Creation is thus fostered by the Grace of the Creator.

FIFTH MARK

SIXTH MARK

Oothi is the next sign of the Purana. Oothi means, the consequence of the activity, its impact on one’s nature and career. The nature of each life is determined by the impact of the activities of the entity in previous lives. It is not assigned by a wayward God. God treats all alike; men forge their fates differently through their own waywardness and wilfulness. Oothi deals with this aspect.

SEVENTH MARK

Isanucharitha is another subject dealt with in the Puranas. It means, the glories of Isa or God and the manifold ways in which men have experienced the might and majesty, the sweetness and light, that the Glory represents.

EIGHTH MARK

Then we find in the Puranas, the lakshana or aspect dealing with Nirodha or Absorption. The absorbs within Himself all the Glory that He makes manifest; He then goes into the sleep of yoga, until the Divine impulse to manifest again disturbs the Divine Equipoise.

NINTH MARK

Mukthi is another subject all Puranas dilate upon. It means the liberation of man, from the bonds of Ignorance, Ajnana, which keep him encased. That is to say, man has to be liberated from the awareness that he is the body in which he is encased; he must be made aware that he is the Atma, the Soul, which is the Reality thus encased.

TENTH MARK

Asraya is the final aspect dealt with in Puranas. It means, the Help, the Support, the Prop. Without help, Liberation cannot be attained. The Absolute is the Prop for the Universe. The Absolute (Paramatma) from which all this has emanated, in which all this exists, into which all this merges is the prop for achieving Liberation. He who knows the Adhibhowthik, the Adhi-daivik and the Adhi-atma by that very knowledge, knows the Asraya or the Paramatma too.”

Parikshith interrupted the sage here, and pleaded, “Master! Tell me then, what the Adhi-bhowthik, the Adhi-daivik and the Adhi-atmik are.”

Suka was happy that the question was put; he prepared himself for answering it. “O King! I see a thing. That thing is Adhi-bhowtik. But, what exactly is seeing it? You may say, the eye sees it. Wherefrom does the eye get the capacity to see things? Think of that! The deity presiding over the eye is the Sun (Surya). He gives the eye the power of vision. Without the Sun, in the dark, the eye cannot see, isn’t it? The sun therefore is Adhi-daivik. But, there is one more basic factor in this process – the Jivi, the individual behind all the senses, behind the eye and the ear and the rest. The individual is the Atma, the Adhi-atma. The Atma, the Deity, the senses that bring knowledge of things, without these the process cannot continue. The Atma is the witness.”

“Now I have told you of the ten characteristics of the Bhagavatha and other Puranas…”

From ‘Finding Ishwara’

8 Days of Indwelling, 80 Keys of Recognition

This contemplation practice came when I was looking for something that would work on Mahasivarathri and other special occasions, when not in a position to sing all night. If you would like the whole 8 Day/Week/Hour practice, please let me know. Contact details at the end of this newsletter. SE

Day 8 – We Know Him

We know the One who leads us to the One. He says that we cannot understand or know Him however hard we try. We may not know Him but a knowing comes none-the-less. This knowing stems from recognising something or someone, or something about that someone or something. We recognise countless things about Him.

There are countless things written to do with the way we recognise Him. He leaves footprints that can only be His. He leaves a sense of His presence. He leaves evidence of His presence and fragrances.

He leaves every kind of imprint. He leaves symbols of His stamp, style and stature.

He is the mountain with many faces. We climb those faces. We are climbers and He is the mountain. The mountain has moods. The mountain has easy paths and hard paths.

All paths do not lead up to the top of the mountain. They can lead us round and lead us down when we think we are going up.

Inexperienced or arrogant climbers can take themselves and others into danger. They do not have the right respect for the mountain.

He is the One who will lead the climber to the summit. They say the proof of the teacher is in whether or not they can take us all the way.

We come into knowing Him, who is all things to all people, for all time and beyond. Most of all He is of the beyond.

Beyond This is That. All the time He is showing us That rather than This. All the time He is asserting That rather than This. In order to do that, He has to create a This for Himself that makes the picture plain to see. He lives This and That for us to see the play of This and That for what it is. Most of us live This and wait for That … the time for waiting is over.

MEANING OF SEVEN DAY PARAYANAM

In all humility, I appeal to every devotee: invite Lord Sai into the temple of your mind; offer the flower of your heart at His Lotus Feet: let punya phalam, the fruit of your good deeds and merit acquired during past lives, be the offering (naivedyam) to Him. Wash His Divine Feet with your tears of love and pure joy. And may you attain salvation through parayanam of the holy book.

PROCEDURE FOR PARAYANAM

In Sanskrit ‘Par’ means ‘end’. Parayanam comprises devotional reading of a sacred book from beginning to end. The contents of the book are so ordered that it can be read through, in daily stages, in seven consecutive days…

Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan

This mantra is enough to destroy all the many ills that visit man. Like the sun, which dispels darkness, like the breeze which scatters dense clouds which have gathered in abundance in the pure blue sky, this mantra dispels the sorrows and ignorance in the mind of man.

He who dwells on the stories of the Lord even for a moment, who relates the stories to others, who listens to the stories as often as he can, is assured of his Atman becoming cleansed, purified.

1000 Moons of the Sai Avatar. Personal note – I was woken this morning at 2am with the full moon light streaming through the skylight on the landing. The topography reminding us of the Sai image clear and striking. I stood there bathing in the moonlight for some minutes. I then bathed the Srimad Bhagavatha too, page by page. It was very elevating and illuminating. The clouds came over but left me bathed in this experience. These sacred things have the purpose of bathing us in the sacred. SE

SAI VEDAM

BHAGAVATHA

PARAYANAM

Shrewsbury

Sai Group

November 2008

Sarah Edwards

Group Chair

Email: stevesarah.nce

No virus found in this outgoing messageChecked by PC Tools AntiVirus (4.0.0.26 - 10.100.056).http://www.pctools.com/free-antivirus/

MY DEAR BELOVED SISTERS SARAH AND REET,

SAI RAM. HOPE EVERYTHING IS WELL THERE. THANKS FOR THIS NICE POST. PLEASE CONVEY MY LOVE AND REGARDS TO SISTERS, LAILA, PEG, MARGRET AND ALL THERE. WE ARE WITNESSING THE GREAT SPECTACULAR EVENTS IN PUTAPARTHY WHICH EVERY SAI DEVOTEE ON THE GLOBE KNOWS AND CELEBRATING. THANKS TO OUR DIVINE LORD SAI TO PUT US IN THIS KIND OF ECASTACY AND OPPORTUNITY TO EXPERIENCE HIS LOVE FOR US.

WITH SAI LOVE

YOUR BROTHER

M. PALANISWAMY

Reet <reet.priimanGreetings from Sarah UKFriday, November 14, 2008, 7:30 PMLight and Love

Enjoy Sarah's and others devotees from Shrewsbury (UK ) forever sincere devotion to Swami through studies and deeds. It is a bright example that the practice Cosmic Christ's (Swami's) teachings is in action in many, many different places over the world.

Namaste - Reet

- sarah

Reet

Greetings from Sarah UK

Sai Ram Reet

SAI VEDAM (Lotus)

November 2008

83rd Birthday

SPECIAL – PART I

ANNOUNCEMENT

This sacred programme which is being conducted mainly for the well being of Mankind and for world peace, commences on the morning of Saturday, 15th November 2008 and culminates in Poornahuti on 17th November 2008. The programme will be conducted by hundreds of Vedic scholars arriving from various parts of India. This is a unique and auspicious

event. Devotees of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba should use this opportunity to sanctify their lives by coming to Prasanthi Nilayam and have Darshan of our beloved Bhagawan and receive His blessings.

BHAGAVATA PURANA

Introduction

BHAGAVATHA SAPTAHAM

Om Sai Ram

THE BHAGAVATHA

The Avatar or form incarnate is only the concretisation of the yearning of the seekers. It is the solidified sweetness of the devotion of godly aspirants. The formless assumes form for the sake of these aspirants and seekers. They are the prime cause

BHAGAVATA VAHINI p209

FIRST MARK

SECOND MARK

THIRD MARK

FOURTH MARK

FIFTH MARK

SIXTH MARK

SEVENTH MARK

EIGHTH MARK

NINTH MARK

TENTH MARK

Suka was happy that the question was put; he prepared himself for answering it. “O King! I see a thing. That thing is Adhi-bhowtik. But, what exactly is seeing it? You may say, the eye sees it. Wherefrom does the eye get the capacity to see things? Think of that! The deity presiding over the eye is the Sun (Surya). He gives the eye the power of vision. Without the Sun, in the dark, the eye cannot see, isn’t it? The sun therefore is Adhi-daivik. But, there is one more basic factor in this process – the Jivi, the individual behind all the senses, behind the eye and the ear and the rest. The individual is the

Atma, the Adhi-atma. The Atma, the Deity, the senses that bring knowledge of things, without these the process cannot continue. The Atma is the witness.”

Day 8 – We Know Him

MEANING OF SEVEN DAY PARAYANAM- SAPTAHA

PROCEDURE FOR PARAYANAM

Bharatiya Vidya Bhavan

SAI VEDAM

BHAGAVATHA

PARAYANAM

Shrewsbury

Sai Group

November 2008

Sarah Edwards

Group Chair